Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Cloud Mashery
Tibco Cloud Mashery is used for all external API calls entering our organization, whether it's from mobile apps, websites, or third party providers and partners. It allows us to secure access by identifying callers, throttling traffic, and encrypting data entering the network. With ever increasing communication demands from the entire organization, Mashery acts as a cloud-based gateway, and relieves us of maintenance, while providing a worldwide network of access point.
- Seamless operation, maintained without downtime.
- Around the clock operation and support.
- Supports advanced security measures.
- Traffic monitoring has limited usefulness.
- Conceptual design is not intuitive, complicating administration.
- Hardly any integration with other Tibco products.
- Some throttling changes require intervention by support.
- Fast access to the API market - production ready in just a few months.
- Quick and easy compliance with security standards.
- Excellent partnership, in line with other Tibco agreements.
Other providers have been considered, such as Mulesoft and IBM. The choice for Tibco was primarily inspired because of the existing partnership, and the flexibility of their offering.
Tibco Cloud Mashery is particularly useful for light traffic on the world wide web, that needs securing and/or throttling, with the additional advantage that your company does not need to acquire the necessary competence and resources. Traffic based invoicing makes it less attractive for very intensive communication; other Mashery solutions are better suited in such cases. Also recommended as a stepping stone, if your company needs to enter the API market quickly.