TIBCO Spotfire® is a data visualization platform that utilizes predictive analytics. In addition to data viz, it includes data wrangling capabilities, predictive analytics, location analytics, and real-time streaming analytics.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/Ji/QU/PSLA297N9OQF.JPEGSpotfire the mighty!We use TIBCO Spotfire across multiple departments, though we all have an engineering focus. We use it to address some daily/weekly reporting needs, but also, and more importantly, for data discovery/insights.,Cross tables. Most people call them pivot tables perhaps, from the excel version, but Spotfire does them so much better! Easier to build and arrange, and with tons more options than the excel pivot table. Mapping. The improved mapping capabilities of Spotfire along with its ease of use, allow you to build fabulous looking maps very quickly. Aggregation. Spotfire is built to aggregate, and it does this better and faster than anything else I know of.,Screen resolution. Spotfire has always struggled a bit with getting everything to fit on the screen and with printing/exporting to other applications. Buttons. The latest version has moved a lot of the most used buttons, and put them into these sliding windows where you can't see them all the time as you could before. To me this is a great dis-service, because now I have to click multiple times to get to common functions. Advanced coding. Spotfire offers a lot of expandability through the Tibco Enterprise Runtime for R, but this requires an insurmountable knowledge of what different objects are called, and of the unique programming language that it uses. They market this feature heavily as one of the best things about Spotfire, but it is so incredibly difficult to use or to get started using.,10,For me Spotfire is a huge time saver. I can build the pivot table I need to quickly answer questions here faster and with more confidence than anything else I have seen. The ability to see data in new and creative visualisations instead of just plain tables, allows for better decisions, and cleaner data (you see the mistakes so much easier).,Self-taught,We have not integrated with other TIBCO products. We are still a small company and do not have a great many automated processes.,ArcGISSpotfire for Semiconductor Testing and Data AnaysisWe use it to analyze all our electrical test data. One of our most critical use cases is analyzing on wafer data. We build integrated circuits and have "wafers" with thousands of devices on them and each one has 10-15 measurements. We test multiple wafers per lot and this amount of data grows quickly! Spotfire is great to get all the data into the tool and quickly analyze it to determine yields.,Pulling in large amounts of data. We used to use Excel and scripts but it struggled to handle so much data. Comparing data every which way you can imagine as well as comparing part to part, lot to lot, etc. Visualizing and displaying the data. We can analyze and compare quickly, then summarize and show visually concise graphs to management so we can make good decisions.,The recent interface changes took some time to get used to.,10,,Speed. We need to test, analyze and pick good parts and send to the next level ASAP and this tool makes that happen,Online training Self-taught,Microsoft 365 BusinessExcellent for Cheminformatics Scientists in drug discoveryI am a PostDoctoral Research Associate at the University of Cambridge with a speciality in computational chemistry (also known as Chem(o)informatics). I use Spotfire within the Department of Chemistry on an academic license as part of my daily job. It’s an excellent tool for data visualisation for drug discovery. It helps me to quickly share key trends from both chemical and biological data that I generate from my research with colleagues in different groups and departments within the university. The ability to import and process large datasets is essential in my field.,Quick to plot complex graphs Capable of loading large data sets Customisable,Add functionality for colour map (e.g offered in Seaborn Clustermap function in Python) Add functionality to calculate more cheminformatics-like columns like chemical scaffolds and similarity matrix calculations Improve trellis functionality Add functionality to add chemical structure within heatmap plot,9,Tableau Desktop,Easy to share data trends with colleagues Meetings are more productive when using interactive Spotfire windows,Self-taught,Tableau DesktopTIBCO Spotfire: Robust, Shareable Data VisualizationMy experience with TIBCO Spotfire occurred within an engineering context. TIBCO Spotfire was used across the entire Medtronic Tempe campus. Spotfire is instrumental in rapidly sharing and analyzing data in a centralized, portable way. Its robust visualization tools allow engineers to rapidly identify trends which indicate either problems to be addressed or improvements which should continue. The automated nature of Spotfire allows analyses to be run on new data sets without any additional hassle.,Data visualization: TIBCO Spotfire quickly reveals trends through its robust visualization tools. Many different graphical representations of the data are immediately available and can be used effectively with either default settings or can be tweaked to the specific needs of an audience. Extensibility: TIBCO Spotfire allows for the implementation of just about any data analysis you can think if. If the analysis that you want to run is not already built in, TIBCO Spotfire includes the option to write R or IronPython code to extend its capabilities. Shareability: When you develop a tool or visualization in TIBCO Spotfire, you can publish it in such a manner that your audience only needs a link to view it: they don't even need to have Spotfire installed on their own machine. Web publishing maintains the interactivity of your visualizations and allows users to download data sets for their own use.,Feature parity between web publishing and the Spotfire client: some features of Spotfire that work flawlessly in the Spotfire client break when published to the web. In particular, custom JavaScript inserted into the analysis tends not to render well on the web even if it renders perfectly in the client. Lack of thorough documentation: particularly when comparing Spotfire documentation to the documentation for Python, JMP, or Matlab, Spotfire's documentation is lacking. In particular, I remember finding documentation on custom SQL queries being very sparse. Most often I would base my Spotfire solutions on examples found on forums rather than on official TIBCO advice. The execution time of custom R data functions: TIBCO Spotfire uses its own implementation of the R runtime (called TERR, TIBCO Enterprise Runtime for R) which I noticed to be significantly slower than the open-source runtime for certain tasks. Error reporting: error reporting by both TERR and IronPython is very opaque and makes debugging very difficult.,8,JMP Statistical Discovery Software from SAS,Long-term solutions: the data analysis tool that I built using Spotfire about a year ago is still in use for similar data sets at my company.,In-person training Self-taught,I am not aware of integrations with any other TIBCO products being used at my company.,JMP Statistical Discovery Software from SASGood analytical tool for business and best for oil and gasTIBCO Spotfire is used across the organizations within different divisions who use it for analytics, API, and scripting. It addresses most of the business decisions and oil wells production and Cost.,Scientific data exploration, high performance, statistical integration and SDK. Easy to work with REST API using ADS. Easy to use and create visual reports, more exciting design and layout for analysis.,Need more manuals for training on the advanced features. Performance of data loading can improve more for a large set. There is no way to identify which DXPs taking up the server disk space it will be created, just one temp file. Import and Export can be improved as well you cannot export multiple objects at the same time.,9,QlikView and Tableau Desktop,Easy to share and save data into the DXPs. Good to have the AI involved with real-time analysis.,In-person training Self-taught,Business objects, as it is slow in analysis in BO compare to Spotfire.Spotfire ReviewSpotfire is a nice analytical tool, you can use R Python and other scripts to enhance your reporting. This tool can be used across all your departments. We use the tool across our departments and slowly all the legacy reporting is being migrated to either Spotfire or Power BI, with Spotfire being in demand. We almost add 5-10 new users daily.,Web-based tool: you can have the web-based version of the live reports. Report scheduling Usage of R and Python,Connecting to Azure Datalake Pulling data from SharePoint online Azure SQL database,9,,SharePoint online connector unavailable Azure Database connectivity unavailable Hopefully, if the two are available then it will be great.,Online training Self-taught,We have only integrated with the TSSS application.,SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) Platform, IBM Cognos, Microsoft Power BIAn oilfield worker's POVSpotfire is used personally by me for the analysis and inferencing of geological data. But the results are shared with everybody in the form of presentation and publication. The interactive console or theme of Spotfire makes it easy for me to present and analyze giant oilfield geological data simultaneously.,Solving common problems through Spotfire's ROWID function. In geological data visualization, we often need to access unique values in individual cells, and this can be easily done through the ROWID function. Using TERR or R makes my work very easy in solving the first order differential equations. Performing hierarchical cluster analysis of stratigraphic sequences (Strata that have the same Depth in different fields).,Sometimes there are too many options for data visualization. The user outfit should be simple. Spotfire should be easier on a system's memory capabilities. It should take less hard drive space. Based on common life case studies, more training programs should be offered that describe how to use Spotfire more efficiently. If possible, these training programs should be free.,6,Devart Excel Add-ins, Highcharts and Tableau Public,Using Spotfire has saved my time in making presentations for oilfield clients, where the data is gigantic. I have more skill as a business analyst now. The graphs and plots of my work are very unique.,Self-taught,Exceed.ai, Tableau Desktop, HighchartsAmazing tool for data discovery and analysisThe solution is used by my department for data exploration, data analytics, visualization, and reporting purposes. As data analytic solution providers, we aim to know the tool as much as we can, we use it every day, for various purposes. Our main goal is to explore the different use cases the solution can solve, the various data sources the tool can connect to, and the different variations of analytical and visual methods, the tool can offer to its users. Also, we continuously evaluate the performance of the tool and compare it to other similar solutions so that we can always offer the best solution to our clients.,The fact that R can be implemented and used within Spotfire. Various data connectors that provide seamless connections to a huge number of data sources from Spotfire. An extremely powerful product, yet it's very easy to learn how to use it even on an advanced level. Great user community and customer support.,Performance issues when it comes to very large data sets. Spotfire is quite expensive compared to similar tools on the market. The selection of visualization could be better and bigger.,10,Tableau Desktop, QlikView, Microsoft Power BI and Alteryx Analytics,Less time spent on manual work due to the automation of testing. Better decision making as decisions are based on factual and live data. Drives innovation. Improves internal processes.,Online training Self-taught,Unfortunately, we did not integrate it with other Tibco products, but it is in the pipeline for the year. We did use it with Tableau, and they work pretty well together. Spotfire supports data extraction to Tableau, where you can visualize your data better than in Spotfire. If you use other similar tools you will have no problem with the integration, as Spotfire greatly supports working with other tools.,Tableau Desktop, QlikView, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Power BISpotfire helps with storytellingUsed across various programs in SMU. Helps to visualize data for better insights and analysis. Spotfire makes use of a very user-friendly interface which helps to make visualizations clear and easy to understand. More users are being introduced to and enjoying Spotfire. The effectiveness of Spotfire helps to simplify data problems.,Easy to use interface. Powerful visualizations and recommendations. A good aid in visual storytelling.,Less well known. Data types supported. Integration with other software.,8,Tableau Desktop,Easy storytelling Difficulty in porting data Good statistical analysis,Self-taught,Unfortunately, have not had the chance to integrate TIBCO Spotfire with other TIBCO products to provide advanced analytics. However, if there was a chance to do so, I believe that my organization would have largely benefited from it. The reason being that TIBCO Spotfire already has good analytics and analysis baked in, thus the synergy with other products will be very useful.,Microsoft 365 Business, Adobe Acrobat DC, IBM App IDGreat Product!I am the only one who uses it. We do data analysis, wrangling, and data quality spot checks with Spotfire. It also aids us in our quarterly reserves process, where it is necessary to tie in historical costs, profit, forecasts, etc., with forecasts in our reserve database. The 'combine tables' feature is very helpful with this.,Combining Tables Filtering Data Graphics,Would like to see more GIS capability,8,Tableau Desktop,Spotfire has returned a great ROI. It has helped us find several million dollars in value by helping us accurately account for reserves.,Self-taught,No - I am not aware of any integrations.Tibco Spotfire: The new gen BIGenerally, Spotfire is not used as a standard tool in the organization. However, it is increasingly being used by the individuals within the organization for their presentation and visualization purposes. It is to be noted though that there are other tools too which are also used, albeit less often in the departments too (PowerBI is a prime one). The specific reasons it's being used so far is enhanced visualization and some advanced analysis which would not be intuitive in Excel. However, a lot of features are not being used as of now.,Visualization of data split into multitude of levels so that anyone seeing it can get more value out of it. For example, in a database having information about height and weight of all people in the school can be split into sex, ethnicity and/or country in a single screen which can provide a much greater insight View and merge data from multiple sources and show them in one place. It's very easy to add data from SQL servers, Web servers, and local Excel/ASCII files in one place and see it seamlessly. It is possible to make the entire installation on an intranet and access the system from any web-enabled device.,Spotfire does limit a lot of its functionality when it comes to linked data (where the data is not imported). I do understand the reasons behind it, but I find this very restrictive. I have faced nagging issues with defining and managing relationships within multiple tables. Sometimes it makes sense, but most of the time it doesn't and the error messages are not at all useful. In case the data is embedded, it takes a while to load. There should be a way to make it better.,9,With the scale we have, it is difficult to estimate it I am currently deploying Spotfire for a Surveillance workflow, and if it works out, I would expect a big enough ROI,Self-taught,Not yetGreat Product that opens the black box that is your other software programs.I use Spotfire for every division, including Sales, Operations, and Finance. It has saved many man hours from running manual daily reports. Spotfire has also provided an in-depth look at our operations software, allowing us to track different metrics and evaluate the business at a high and accurate level that we were not able to do before.,Show the up-to-date status of operations. Provides excellent visuals to analyze different accounting metrics including accounts receivables. Automated reports in PDF format.,The exports to Excel should be formatted better or have the option to remember a set format so they look more professional when in an automated email. Compare different events on the same timeline when the data has different date names. Such as tools shipped date vs tools returned date. The main window when you open Spotfire X needs to look like the previous version 7. With X you cannot read the entire name of the reports and it is just wasted space on the right half of the screen.,9,Has saved many hours of manual reporting. Has identified billing errors.,Online training In-person training Self-taughtSuperb and fun experience with TIBCO Spotfire!TIBCO Spitfire is being used by my department and it addresses all our internal customer requests by installing and configuring the application for upcoming demos for potential customers.,Easy to install. Great user interface. Easy to administer from a technical perspective. Great support team and response time when you need to get answers to questions.,At times the node manager installation needs to be reinstalled as the message "no node to trust" comes up the first time. Especially on newer versions. The database updates are sometimes hard to find and you are not sure where these are located, I guess it is on the analyst package but it is annoying to get it. Sometimes Spotfire analyst or portable fails to load because some Microsoft C++ component is missing, TIBCO should list what specific MS C++ component is required to save you time troubleshooting.,9,Easy way to create dashboard forecasting coming sales. Easy way to demonstrate team capabilities and pending sales order of the quarter. Great tool to upload Excel or other data file formats to enhance visualizations.,Online training Self-taught,We have used TIBCO Spotfire with Attivio and also eNotebook for a more complete solution for our customers.,Attivo Networks, MongoDB, Ubuntu LinuxExcellent for complex & data-intensive requirementsIt is not used internally within our organization, but we helped our clients get it implemented within their organization. I would take an example of a client from the Oil & Gas sector to answer this question and rest of the questions. This client used it within the Planning & Strategy department. It was used to create dashboards for their future planning of demand-supply management.,As compared to other similar products (Tableau, PowerBI), Spotfire is more advanced when it comes to integrating with programming languages. In this particular project, all the data was processed in R and this processed data was to be used in dashboards. It was well integrated with Spotfire through TERR.,The visual aesthetics of the charts/graphs prepared using Spotfire can be improved when compared with other competing products. Also, the user interface is not very intuitive for first-time users. It takes practice before one gets really comfortable using it.,8,As mentioned earlier, this was implemented for a client's side so it is difficult for me to comment on ROI, in specific. However, given that they have been using it for a long time, it must be adding value to their business.,Self-taught,Not integrated with any other TIBCO products.,Tableau Desktop, Microsoft Power BITIBCO Spotfire -- Enter the New Era of Data AnalyticsWe are using TIBCO Spotfire across the company to calculate and analyze the risk assessment of multiple clients. With the use of this amazing product, we saved our clients almost 80% of their loss due to theft. We also helped them in analyzing their stored data to figure out which store is doing good and which needs attention. Previously, we used other reporting tools, and migrated all our reports to TIBCO Spotfire some four years ago. The main advantage we see is that the reports run faster than other reporting tools, we can connect to multiple databases, calculated columns are cached in the report so that it increases your report speed, and many more.,Reports load faster than any other reporting tools, and your data can be cached in the memory to avoid the processing time. It supports almost all the data sources available, which is lacking in other tools. It supports Html, Java, R, and Iron Python coding. That means that you can customize your dashboards in whatever way you want them to be. It can deal with more than 100 million records without a delay in loading.,Sometimes, visualizations save the values. For example, if you change the column name in column properties, that affects the axis in visualization, but not the "limit data by expression" in the properties data tab. Like some visualization tools, we need to have detailed visualization in hovering the mouse pointer on the main visualization. We need to have the option to auto-size your Text area UI to whichever device screen you are using. Currently, it is not auto fitting to different screen sizes.,9,Tableau Desktop,It's really profitable when you look at the output you receive. Clients are happier, and the contract price goes higher with them when we are able to tick their requirements. Installation on the server saves time for both admins and users.,Online training In-person training Self-taught,My company has not integrated them with any other products yet. We are planning to integrate with TIBCO BW in the future. Right now, we have integrated R Studio to make advanced predictive analytics, and we are really happy in seeing the results. It's very easy to integrate and use other products with Spotfire.,Microsoft SQL Server, RStudio, Teradata DatabaseSharing my experience with TIBCO Spotfire. One of the greatest analytics platforms in the market today.Our product has an analytics module and it is powered by TIBCO Spotfire. We support and train our customers on how to use our analyses and TIBCO.,The analyses behaved excellently while working with huge amounts of records. This is one of the strengths for TIBCO Spotfire, the platform allows us to work with a significant amount of data without affecting performance. There are several features that offer us different ways to suit the reports and analytics needs. For example, scheduling the execution of reports to improve performance and email reports on schedules to deliver information right on time. It is able to connect to different data sources and from different types of systems, etc. So easy to use. It is amazing how you can easily develop analyses and reports. It gives you time to be creative instead of facing complex steps or trying to figure out how to do things. It is as simple or as complex as you want. It allows you to add complex code if needed. A very complete list of aggregations and statistics functions.,We could improve the Web player for the use of the Business Author users and add some functionalities that are only available to the Analyst today. Like creating markings, working with the filter schemes, etc. Basic functionalities that could be available for the Business Author. Improve the architecture to support different single sign-ons if the customer has to be in a shared environment. Improve the way to add code to the DXP ( java scripts, iron python, HTML, etc.). Improve the text areas and visual theme for the easy personalization of analyses.,10,Tableau Desktop and QlikView,,We have not integrated TIBCO Spotfire with other TIBCO products. We would need to work closely with TIBCO Spotfire resources to identify those possible options.Analytics and VisualizationsAs an analytics platform, it provides insight to data that was previously not used or difficult to use.,Pulling in data from databases to create rich visualizations. Showing data in multiple ways.,Version control for visualizations.,8,,It provides visualizations to upper management so they have awareness at all times.,Self-taught,We have multiple data sources, but use databases for the most part.,Splunk Enterpriseselect_*_from_publicSpotfire is used across the whole organization, for scientific data visualization.,Various visualization templates with easy drop-to-show functions. TERR/Infolinks for customized data operation. Library and web player for easy sharing of analysis results.,More integration with Python. More support on different column type in database connection, like TSvector in PostgreSQL. Animation of the data, like gif-export of data changing over a given time window.,9,Tableau Desktop, Qlik Sense, JMP Pro and Microsoft Power BI,Very positive, we have a local, regular report built with Spotfire and accessed from web player.,Online training In-person training Self-taught,I actually not sure. and as I mentioned before, those products under Tibco Spotfire was confusing me a lot...,JMP Pro, Tableau Desktop, Microsoft Power BIGreat product!TIBCO Spotfire is being used by our team to serve as a KPI dashboard for various clients to show the performance on their data using analytics. It is also being used to create new visualizations that can further highlight how the data can be viewed and further sliced into smaller chunks to be able to dive deeper into it.,Better Visualizations. Data extraction options are easier to use. Fast and slick performance.,Sometimes the customization features in the visualizations can be difficult to work with. Data loading performance is not always the best. Lack of material design and newer UI features.,8,,Spotfire has helped generate a lot of revenue from many of our clients. We have created customized dashboards for many clients which then garnered special pricing. ROI has been very good as we have been able to make use of the platform and customize the solutions offered.,Self-taught,No.,Bold360, Microsoft 365 Business, TrelloPowerful & Automatable Visualisation PlatformWe utilised Spotfire to help analyse results from complex observational assessments to help identify opportunities for efficiency, financial and CEX improvements across customer care and back-office operations. We built each tool and methods we defined allowing us to take data from pre-defined studies and actually start analysing results mid data capture. The dashboards we created allowed us to evidence any need for change and associated impact in seconds, while also provided a portal where clients can access our finished dashboards as a takeaway document, alongside traditional excel and PowerPoint documents.,Data transformation such as Pivots and Unpivots were a key feature. The ability to self publish and manage dashboards without IT support allowed us to be very agile when delivering projects. Custome calculation functions, with supported rules and built-in error checking, made the process very intuitive.,Combining graphs and objects into the same space was impossible. Making things look pretty was not as easy as some other projects. Export functionality was lacking. No market place for community built visuals. UI design a little different to most products, increases learning time.,9,Microsoft Power BI and Tableau Desktop,Self-taught,Microsoft Power BI, Tableau DesktopSpectacular Spotfire Saves Time.Tibco Spotfire is used as the main reporting and analytics tool. It's used to give detailed sales and ordering analysis to help stores and the head office understand how to change the business for the better. It is used for budget modelling and higher level analytics in the head office to understand traffic and benefit of programmes such as promotions and events. It also provides fast access to organised data than our ERP systems and takes the work out of interpreting it.,Fast to insights - its easy to get the first few hundred yards of a report or analysis completed. Handles millions of rows of data without issue. If you are currently an Excel heavy organisation and are limited by the processing power and rows limit, then Spotfire will help you considerably. Adding data is simple and fast and so our weekly reporting is easy. Visually bright and interest and beautiful, with very useful features to make it easier for the end user to navigate through the available data. Highly adaptable to many uses. The Web Player is superb, so easy for non-technical end users, and no burden on the IT team. There is an extensive amount of online resources to help you and a useful community. I've also found the support teams to be very helpful.,Arguably the most useful feature of Spotfire is the information builder which allows sql queries on APIs to databases and ERPs, however, this doesn't come with the entry package, spotfire cloud. As a small company we cannot justify hosting ourselves and we're not big enough for enterprise, so we have to manually load the data ourselves every week. The custom expression feature unlocks some of the better features, but requires some level of programming to understand. Cloud gets the updates to Spotfire a lot later than the non-cloud users.,8,We have saved around 10 people-hours a week through Tibco Spotfire, easily a return on investment without accounting for the additional insights. As an example, we have changed the hours of our hot counters in stores as a result of the work we could do in spotfire. this has saved waste and labour in stores.,Self-taught,Netsuite for RetailData Analyst in Oil and Gas, Uses Spotfire DailyWe usually use TIBCO Spotfire to process, visualize and analyze large field datasets, this data most of the time is near real-time engineering data. We do pull flows, pressure and temp data and perform many ad-hoc calculations trying to address causation most of the time.,The power of Spotfire comes from its ability to perform multi-level filtering that is tied back to your data everywhere so you don't need to re-implement your filters again. I see Spotfire standing in the middle between being a Data Vis. or Data Analytics platform and that's what sets it apart from Alteryx, Tableau and Power BI. The ability of Spotfire to host R and Python is another great strong point that gives the users huge flexibility to implement anything they can't find, not to mention its great custom expressions interface. I am not sure about other platforms but I was able to process 8M rows data very easily.,More enhancement to produce combination plots (Scatter+Line) Add support for GGPLOT library in R Edit curves individually,10,Alteryx Analytics, Tableau Desktop and Microsoft Power BI,Quick visualization and data representation Dashboards implementation and interactives High entry barrier for non trained personnel,Self-taught,We are still evaluating Spotfire.,Tableau Desktop, Alteryx Analytics, Microsoft Power BISpotfire is good for most business intelligence needsSpotfire is being used mainly to build a custom tool and in one department for client deliverables. The client wants to be able to dive into the data and see it from different angles.,Easy to create visualizations The ability to create custom functions with Python Data can be saved on a server instead of locally within the dashboard Web application means the client doesnt need to install new software to view their dashboard,I would like to see more stock analytic packages in the standard version of Spotfire. Or the ability to download Python analytic packages right into Spotfire. Maybe this is possible and my computer has just limited permissions. The ability to stack pivot tables of multiple variables into one visualizations. Currently, it works like Excel where pivot tables are hierarchical. Resizing and moving visualizations around is annoying if you make the page bigger. Its doable, but could be done better Linking tables would be better if it worked more like Access or PowerBI. You can link a code-description map table to a table with diagnosis codes, but in order to see the mapped descriptions, you need to physically add it to the original table. In Access or PowerBI, the linking works like a SQL join. It seems linking is more for if you had financial data tables of the same structure but for different quarters, and you wanted to link the quarters together.,10,,It has made report creation less of a hassle by being quicker and cleaner. Less room for errors since it has drag and drop visualizations like Excel and not having to do it code based like in SAS. Clients like the shiny new toy they get to use and show off to their superiors to make them look better also.,Online training Self-taught,I am not sure yet.,SAS Enterprise Guide, Apache SparkSpotfire - The Oil and Gas StandardOil and gas firm doing operational, reservoir and financial analysis. I use it to look at results from risk for monte carlo simulations of hedging results on a financial model. Spotfire allows us to visualize multivariable analysis across a 1 million row database quickly and easily. It is quick to do and allows easy configuration.,Intuitive to use Fast to get what you want. Results look very professional and presentable,Expressions and some nomenclature can be hard - espically for a non technical background Data integration and importing seems to be behind the curve to Tableau This could be good or bad - but the interface even after changing to version 10, has not changed all that much since early versions - 7 years ago or so.,10,,Ability to communicated big data to a wide spectrum of audiences (exec, non technical, etc.),Online training Self-taught,No,Tableau Desktop, Tableau PrepUse of TIBCO Spotfire to make quick user interfaces to see bug amounts of dataTIBCO Spotfire is actually used by one of Radix's clients and we are just developers. Since last year, an application for report generation was developed by Radix with an interface for the user to see the data from OSISfot PI System and mark events, generating a PDF at the end of the process. The application also is integrated with a SQL Database to save any progress by the users.,Processing big amounts of data quickly. Intuitive platform to design user interfaces for databases. Calculates new columns and transforms the data quickly. Has many possibilities of development using IronPython.,PI Integration has many limitations. PI Integration is also very slow to pull data (it gets very slow with more than 13M points). PDF Generation is also very limited, just prints the screen.,10,,We learned a new intuitive and useful platform to use in another project. The client is happy with the application, even with some performance issues. The company got close to the clients because it was the first project.,Self-taught,We didn't integrate with other TIBCO products.,OSIsoft PI System, Visual Studio IDE, Microsoft SQL Server, Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS)
Windows, Linux, Mac

Do you use this product? Write a Review
Jonathan Tucker profile photo
July 25, 2019

Spotfire the mighty!

• Cross tables. Most people call them pivot tables perhaps, from the excel version, but Spotfire does them so much better! Easier to build and arrange, and with tons more options than the excel pivot table.
  • Mapping. The improved mapping capabilities of Spotfire along with its ease of use, allow you to build fabulous looking maps very quickly.
  • Aggregation. Spotfire is built to aggregate, and it does this better and faster than anything else I know of.
  • Screen resolution. Spotfire has always struggled a bit with getting everything to fit on the screen and with printing/exporting to other applications.
  • Buttons. The latest version has moved a lot of the most used buttons, and put them into these sliding windows where you can't see them all the time as you could before. To me this is a great dis-service, because now I have to click multiple times to get to common functions.
  • Advanced coding. Spotfire offers a lot of expandability through the Tibco Enterprise Runtime for R, but this requires an insurmountable knowledge of what different objects are called, and of the unique programming language that it uses. They market this feature heavily as one of the best things about Spotfire, but it is so incredibly difficult to use or to get started using.
Spotfire is very well suited to pivoting data, un-pivoting data, quick map making, and for visual inspections of data.
Read Jonathan Tucker's full review
Brian Loran profile photo
August 14, 2019

Spotfire for Semiconductor Testing and Data Anaysis

• Pulling in large amounts of data. We used to use Excel and scripts but it struggled to handle so much data.
  • Comparing data every which way you can imagine as well as comparing part to part, lot to lot, etc.
  • Visualizing and displaying the data. We can analyze and compare quickly, then summarize and show visually concise graphs to management so we can make good decisions.
  • The recent interface changes took some time to get used to.
When comparing large data sets with many parameters. Great for determining yields and problem solving. When problem solving you can plot many different parameters against each other to determine correlations and help zoom in as to what is going on.

It is less suited to small data sets and quick post processing. An example would be pulling in a data set of a few parts and then calculating a parameter like PAE or P3dB.
Read Brian Loran's full review
Lewis Mervin profile photo
April 02, 2019

Excellent for Cheminformatics Scientists in drug discovery

• Quick to plot complex graphs
  • Capable of loading large data sets
  • Customisable
  • Add functionality for colour map (e.g offered in Seaborn Clustermap function in Python)
  • Add functionality to calculate more cheminformatics-like columns like chemical scaffolds and similarity matrix calculations
  • Improve trellis functionality
  • Add functionality to add chemical structure within heatmap plot
Suitable for even large numbers of data points in both the chemical or biological data domains. Also powerful when calculated columns are to be inserted into tables. The filter and label function is a very powerful feature when subsetting data within one Spotfire project. It is also capable of exporting sheets to PDF format, so it is also convenient to share key findings with others. It is less appropriate for chemical data in less mainstream formats (e.g SDF, MOL2).
Read Lewis Mervin's full review
Josh Smith profile photo
March 07, 2019

TIBCO Spotfire: Robust, Shareable Data Visualization

• Data visualization: TIBCO Spotfire quickly reveals trends through its robust visualization tools. Many different graphical representations of the data are immediately available and can be used effectively with either default settings or can be tweaked to the specific needs of an audience.
  • Extensibility: TIBCO Spotfire allows for the implementation of just about any data analysis you can think if. If the analysis that you want to run is not already built in, TIBCO Spotfire includes the option to write R or IronPython code to extend its capabilities.
  • Shareability: When you develop a tool or visualization in TIBCO Spotfire, you can publish it in such a manner that your audience only needs a link to view it: they don't even need to have Spotfire installed on their own machine. Web publishing maintains the interactivity of your visualizations and allows users to download data sets for their own use.
  • Feature parity between web publishing and the Spotfire client: some features of Spotfire that work flawlessly in the Spotfire client break when published to the web. In particular, custom JavaScript inserted into the analysis tends not to render well on the web even if it renders perfectly in the client.
  • Lack of thorough documentation: particularly when comparing Spotfire documentation to the documentation for Python, JMP, or Matlab, Spotfire's documentation is lacking. In particular, I remember finding documentation on custom SQL queries being very sparse. Most often I would base my Spotfire solutions on examples found on forums rather than on official TIBCO advice.
  • The execution time of custom R data functions: TIBCO Spotfire uses its own implementation of the R runtime (called TERR, TIBCO Enterprise Runtime for R) which I noticed to be significantly slower than the open-source runtime for certain tasks.
  • Error reporting: error reporting by both TERR and IronPython is very opaque and makes debugging very difficult.
TIBCO Spotfire is perfect for when you need to develop a data analysis tool to be shared and used among many people. However, it is very difficult to learn how to use on your own, so make sure that somebody at your company has familiarity with the software so that you can ask them questions. From what I remember, TIBCO also offers services and training to help new users get started and advanced users get exactly what they want out of Spotfire.
Read Josh Smith's full review
Navjeet Singh profile photo
June 19, 2019

Good analytical tool for business and best for oil and gas

• Scientific data exploration, high performance, statistical integration and SDK.
  • Easy to work with REST API using ADS.
  • Easy to use and create visual reports, more exciting design and layout for analysis.
  • Need more manuals for training on the advanced features.
  • Performance of data loading can improve more for a large set.
  • There is no way to identify which DXPs taking up the server disk space it will be created, just one temp file.
  • Import and Export can be improved as well you cannot export multiple objects at the same time.
TIBCO Spotfire is well suited for quick and direct analysis as it is easy to communicate with most databases which helps Spotfire stand out from other products in the market.
It will be less appropriate in the case you have to load a large chunk of data in which the Spotfire query engine is not efficient to handle.
Read Navjeet Singh's full review
Soaib Ummar profile photo
June 17, 2019

Spotfire Review

• Web-based tool: you can have the web-based version of the live reports.
  • Report scheduling
  • Usage of R and Python
  • Connecting to Azure Datalake
  • Pulling data from SharePoint online
  • Azure SQL database
Well Suited:
1: Connecting to all of the databases.
2: Easy to create reports and share with users.
3: Easy connectivity to all the databases and supports all the databases.
4: Easy installation and deployment.
5: Affective and experienced support team.

Cons:
Connecting to the Azure SQL Database and SharePoint online, when we moved to SharePoint online we were facing an issue.
Read Soaib Ummar's full review
Haseeb Ahmed Janjua profile photo
June 17, 2019

An oilfield worker's POV

• Solving common problems through Spotfire's ROWID function. In geological data visualization, we often need to access unique values in individual cells, and this can be easily done through the ROWID function.
  • Using TERR or R makes my work very easy in solving the first order differential equations.
  • Performing hierarchical cluster analysis of stratigraphic sequences (Strata that have the same Depth in different fields).
  • Sometimes there are too many options for data visualization. The user outfit should be simple.
  • Spotfire should be easier on a system's memory capabilities. It should take less hard drive space.
  • Based on common life case studies, more training programs should be offered that describe how to use Spotfire more efficiently.
  • If possible, these training programs should be free.
Simultaneous Gigantic data visualization and analysis can only be done in Spotfire.
Read Haseeb Ahmed Janjua's full review
Akos Krommer, CISA, ACDA profile photo
June 14, 2019

Amazing tool for data discovery and analysis

• The fact that R can be implemented and used within Spotfire.
  • Various data connectors that provide seamless connections to a huge number of data sources from Spotfire.
  • An extremely powerful product, yet it's very easy to learn how to use it even on an advanced level.
  • Great user community and customer support.
  • Performance issues when it comes to very large data sets.
  • Spotfire is quite expensive compared to similar tools on the market.
  • The selection of visualization could be better and bigger.
Spotfire can be well suited in organizations where there is a demand for continuous analysis and reporting of data (e.g.: pricing analysis of products in different regions), or for interactive management reporting. It can, however, be less appropriate in situations where fancy visualizations and sophisticated BI reports would be required, as Spotfire is not too strong in providing such visuals and reports compared to other similar (BI) products.
Read Akos Krommer, CISA, ACDA's full review
Jaren Lim profile photo
May 20, 2019

Spotfire helps with storytelling

• Easy to use interface.
  • Powerful visualizations and recommendations.
  • A good aid in visual storytelling.
  • Less well known.
  • Data types supported.
  • Integration with other software.
It is good when you have an idea to tell your story. Spotfire is helpful to achieve visual storytelling as it helps to visualize information well. However, it is important for you to check your data type. Because not all are well suited for use in Spotfire, resulting in the slower work process.
Read Jaren Lim's full review
Kyle Bland profile photo
May 01, 2019

Great Product!

• Combining Tables
  • Filtering Data
  • Graphics
  • Would like to see more GIS capability
Again, Spotfire is great when multiple sources of data need to be compiled. It is less suited for GIS purposes - even though that feature exists within Spotfire.

It is important that Spotfire add more formatting features. We use the charts for presentations but are having a hard time actually formatting adequately.
Read Kyle Bland's full review
Parthasarathi Bandyopadhyay profile photo
April 01, 2019

Tibco Spotfire: The new gen BI

• Visualization of data split into multitude of levels so that anyone seeing it can get more value out of it. For example, in a database having information about height and weight of all people in the school can be split into sex, ethnicity and/or country in a single screen which can provide a much greater insight
  • View and merge data from multiple sources and show them in one place. It's very easy to add data from SQL servers, Web servers, and local Excel/ASCII files in one place and see it seamlessly.
  • It is possible to make the entire installation on an intranet and access the system from any web-enabled device.
  • Spotfire does limit a lot of its functionality when it comes to linked data (where the data is not imported). I do understand the reasons behind it, but I find this very restrictive.
  • I have faced nagging issues with defining and managing relationships within multiple tables. Sometimes it makes sense, but most of the time it doesn't and the error messages are not at all useful.
  • In case the data is embedded, it takes a while to load. There should be a way to make it better.
Suitable: Complex visualization of data from multiple sources, Presenting multi-variate correlations, Standard BI tools which can be managed easily in an organization.
Less Appropriate: Where the data are simple this is an overkill, Data requiring a lot of calculations - It's a pain to deal with calculations with a linked database.

Read Parthasarathi Bandyopadhyay's full review
Travis Morgan profile photo
March 20, 2019

Great Product that opens the black box that is your other software programs.

• Show the up-to-date status of operations.
  • Provides excellent visuals to analyze different accounting metrics including accounts receivables.
  • Automated reports in PDF format.
  • The exports to Excel should be formatted better or have the option to remember a set format so they look more professional when in an automated email.
  • Compare different events on the same timeline when the data has different date names. Such as tools shipped date vs tools returned date.
  • The main window when you open Spotfire X needs to look like the previous version 7. With X you cannot read the entire name of the reports and it is just wasted space on the right half of the screen.
Used for showing historical data of tools on a job. You must have an identified date column and cannot have two different date columns for the x-axis of a line graph.
Read Travis Morgan's full review
Franklin Jiménez profile photo
July 12, 2019

Superb and fun experience with TIBCO Spotfire!

• Easy to install.
  • Great user interface.
  • Easy to administer from a technical perspective.
  • Great support team and response time when you need to get answers to questions.
  • At times the node manager installation needs to be reinstalled as the message "no node to trust" comes up the first time. Especially on newer versions.
  • The database updates are sometimes hard to find and you are not sure where these are located, I guess it is on the analyst package but it is annoying to get it.
  • Sometimes Spotfire analyst or portable fails to load because some Microsoft C++ component is missing, TIBCO should list what specific MS C++ component is required to save you time troubleshooting.
TIBCO Spotfire is well suited for forecasting sales and also demoing database scientific data.
Read Franklin Jiménez's full review
Tarun Sinhal profile photo
March 06, 2019

Excellent for complex & data-intensive requirements

• As compared to other similar products (Tableau, PowerBI), Spotfire is more advanced when it comes to integrating with programming languages. In this particular project, all the data was processed in R and this processed data was to be used in dashboards. It was well integrated with Spotfire through TERR.
  • The visual aesthetics of the charts/graphs prepared using Spotfire can be improved when compared with other competing products.
  • Also, the user interface is not very intuitive for first-time users. It takes practice before one gets really comfortable using it.
Suited for scenarios with:
  • Higher data complexity.
  • Integration with external data.
  • Experienced users.

Not so much appropriate for:
  • Extra-ordinary visual appeal.
  • One-time users.
Read Tarun Sinhal's full review
sandeep N profile photo
March 05, 2019

TIBCO Spotfire -- Enter the New Era of Data Analytics

• Reports load faster than any other reporting tools, and your data can be cached in the memory to avoid the processing time.
  • It supports almost all the data sources available, which is lacking in other tools.
  • It supports Html, Java, R, and Iron Python coding. That means that you can customize your dashboards in whatever way you want them to be.
  • It can deal with more than 100 million records without a delay in loading.
  • Sometimes, visualizations save the values. For example, if you change the column name in column properties, that affects the axis in visualization, but not the "limit data by expression" in the properties data tab.
  • Like some visualization tools, we need to have detailed visualization in hovering the mouse pointer on the main visualization.
  • We need to have the option to auto-size your Text area UI to whichever device screen you are using. Currently, it is not auto fitting to different screen sizes.
It is well suited if you are working with large sets of data. I would say greater than a million. It is also well suited if you are working with data that refreshes more frequently and data that is not clean enough (so you can create calculated columns and clean on the fly). It is not suited if your data is never going to refresh (better to use an Excel kind of reporting service). It is also not suited if you like to see fancy looking charts like performance meter, donut chart etc. It is suited more if you want to work with predictive analysis using R or Python scripting
Read sandeep N's full review
Ariany Mata profile photo
February 28, 2019

• The analyses behaved excellently while working with huge amounts of records. This is one of the strengths for TIBCO Spotfire, the platform allows us to work with a significant amount of data without affecting performance.
  • There are several features that offer us different ways to suit the reports and analytics needs. For example, scheduling the execution of reports to improve performance and email reports on schedules to deliver information right on time. It is able to connect to different data sources and from different types of systems, etc.
  • So easy to use. It is amazing how you can easily develop analyses and reports. It gives you time to be creative instead of facing complex steps or trying to figure out how to do things.
  • It is as simple or as complex as you want. It allows you to add complex code if needed.
  • A very complete list of aggregations and statistics functions.
  • We could improve the Web player for the use of the Business Author users and add some functionalities that are only available to the Analyst today. Like creating markings, working with the filter schemes, etc. Basic functionalities that could be available for the Business Author.
  • Improve the architecture to support different single sign-ons if the customer has to be in a shared environment.
  • Improve the way to add code to the DXP ( java scripts, iron python, HTML, etc.).
  • Improve the text areas and visual theme for the easy personalization of analyses.
TIBCO Spotfire is well suited for scenarios where multiple data sources from different types of systems, need to be combined. It's so easy to connect to different data sources and map data. Excellent while working with a huge amount of data.
Read Ariany Mata's full review
Mick Hanna profile photo
June 15, 2019

Analytics and Visualizations

• Pulling in data from databases to create rich visualizations.
  • Showing data in multiple ways.
  • Version control for visualizations.
Good for dashboards, but not great for monitoring or alerting.
Read Mick Hanna's full review
Sean (Wen) Xiao profile photo
April 10, 2019

select_*_from_public

• Various visualization templates with easy drop-to-show functions.
  • TERR/Infolinks for customized data operation.
  • Library and web player for easy sharing of analysis results.
  • More integration with Python.
  • More support on different column type in database connection, like TSvector in PostgreSQL.
  • Animation of the data, like gif-export of data changing over a given time window.
It's good enough for daily use, more complicated visualization can be accomplished from easily scripting. It did confuse me that there are many products under TIBCO Spotfire, sometimes, I have to explain the differences, but I'm not sure if it is absolutely correct.
Read Sean (Wen) Xiao's full review
April 30, 2019

Great product!

• Better Visualizations.
  • Data extraction options are easier to use.
  • Fast and slick performance.
  • Sometimes the customization features in the visualizations can be difficult to work with.
  • Data loading performance is not always the best.
  • Lack of material design and newer UI features.
Well suited for the following scenarios:
  • KPI dashboard design -- It is very helpful in designing dashboards which highlight KPIs showing data in different forms and visualizations.
  • Multi-page layout -- For scenarios where the data is supposed to be viewed in different pages, TIBCO Spotfire can help.
  • Slicing and dicing data to view different pivots -- Spotfire can show the data in various ways which helps in creating custom KPIs and visualization.
Not well suited for the following scenarios:
  • Flashy UI -- Spotfire does not have the design features or customization to use complex or flashy UI features.
  • Larger datasets -- Spotfire has lagged performance when used with extremely large datasets.
April 23, 2019

Powerful & Automatable Visualisation Platform

• Data transformation such as Pivots and Unpivots were a key feature.
  • The ability to self publish and manage dashboards without IT support allowed us to be very agile when delivering projects.
  • Custome calculation functions, with supported rules and built-in error checking, made the process very intuitive.
  • Combining graphs and objects into the same space was impossible.
  • Making things look pretty was not as easy as some other projects.
  • Export functionality was lacking.
  • No market place for community built visuals.
  • UI design a little different to most products, increases learning time.
Great tool for hosting and publishing dynamic dashboards, the ability to structure inputs and replicate for similar projects made our lives much easier and increased efficiency.
March 15, 2019

Spectacular Spotfire Saves Time.

• Fast to insights - its easy to get the first few hundred yards of a report or analysis completed.
  • Handles millions of rows of data without issue. If you are currently an Excel heavy organisation and are limited by the processing power and rows limit, then Spotfire will help you considerably. Adding data is simple and fast and so our weekly reporting is easy.
  • Visually bright and interest and beautiful, with very useful features to make it easier for the end user to navigate through the available data. Highly adaptable to many uses.
  • The Web Player is superb, so easy for non-technical end users, and no burden on the IT team.
  • There is an extensive amount of online resources to help you and a useful community. I've also found the support teams to be very helpful.
  • Arguably the most useful feature of Spotfire is the information builder which allows sql queries on APIs to databases and ERPs, however, this doesn't come with the entry package, spotfire cloud. As a small company we cannot justify hosting ourselves and we're not big enough for enterprise, so we have to manually load the data ourselves every week.
  • The custom expression feature unlocks some of the better features, but requires some level of programming to understand.
  • Cloud gets the updates to Spotfire a lot later than the non-cloud users.
I think Spotfire is well suited to helping build navigation and summary views of data, it is perfect for dashboards, and has some excellent mapping and visualisations. You can get to a dashboard of your key metrics extremely fast and in a visually pleasing way. Its great if you have generally untechnical people, and you want to empower them with data.

Not so well suited for quick analysis you might do in Excel - it's still quicker to use Excel.
May 21, 2019

Data Analyst in Oil and Gas, Uses Spotfire Daily

• The power of Spotfire comes from its ability to perform multi-level filtering that is tied back to your data everywhere so you don't need to re-implement your filters again.
  • I see Spotfire standing in the middle between being a Data Vis. or Data Analytics platform and that's what sets it apart from Alteryx, Tableau and Power BI.
  • The ability of Spotfire to host R and Python is another great strong point that gives the users huge flexibility to implement anything they can't find, not to mention its great custom expressions interface. I am not sure about other platforms but I was able to process 8M rows data very easily.
  • More enhancement to produce combination plots (Scatter+Line)
  • Add support for GGPLOT library in R
  • Edit curves individually
  • Pulling sensor or OSISoft Data and performing in-house calculation
  • Dashboards design whether online or offline
  • Interactive applications and dashboards
  • Data Wrangling and geospatial overlaying
May 03, 2019

Spotfire is good for most business intelligence needs

• Easy to create visualizations
  • The ability to create custom functions with Python
  • Data can be saved on a server instead of locally within the dashboard
  • Web application means the client doesnt need to install new software to view their dashboard
  • I would like to see more stock analytic packages in the standard version of Spotfire. Or the ability to download Python analytic packages right into Spotfire. Maybe this is possible and my computer has just limited permissions.
  • The ability to stack pivot tables of multiple variables into one visualizations. Currently, it works like Excel where pivot tables are hierarchical.
  • Resizing and moving visualizations around is annoying if you make the page bigger. Its doable, but could be done better
  • Linking tables would be better if it worked more like Access or PowerBI. You can link a code-description map table to a table with diagnosis codes, but in order to see the mapped descriptions, you need to physically add it to the original table. In Access or PowerBI, the linking works like a SQL join. It seems linking is more for if you had financial data tables of the same structure but for different quarters, and you wanted to link the quarters together.
Spotfire is well suited for most business intelligence needs. I keep hearing that PowerBI and Tableau are doing more advanced analytics, but I do not like PowerBI as a deliverable to a client because it does not look that clean.
April 30, 2019

Spotfire - The Oil and Gas Standard

• Intuitive to use
  • Fast to get what you want.
  • Results look very professional and presentable
  • Expressions and some nomenclature can be hard - espically for a non technical background
  • Data integration and importing seems to be behind the curve to Tableau
  • This could be good or bad - but the interface even after changing to version 10, has not changed all that much since early versions - 7 years ago or so.
Spotfire has the oil and gas market covered - which makes it an industry standard vs competitor products (Tableau, Microsoft BI)
April 27, 2019

Use of TIBCO Spotfire to make quick user interfaces to see bug amounts of data

• Processing big amounts of data quickly.
  • Intuitive platform to design user interfaces for databases.
  • Calculates new columns and transforms the data quickly.
  • Has many possibilities of development using IronPython.
  • PI Integration has many limitations.
  • PI Integration is also very slow to pull data (it gets very slow with more than 13M points).
  • PDF Generation is also very limited, just prints the screen.
TIBCO Spotfire is highly recommended if you want to provide a simple user interface to a huge database, especially SQL and it's even better if you want just to read data (to write data it needs some IronPython coding, but a developer should handle it well) and run some calculations over (Spotfire does this VERY fast!). Also, the platform is very intuitive, so any person can develop solutions on it and learn very fast if some complicated operation is needed. Also, it is very intuitive for developers, but don't get too many expectations, the platform doesn't provide a good interface for coding or debugging. It also can have many performance issues (be careful with your code). I don't recommend Spotfire if the solution you want needs too much IronPython coding to implement business rules.

Pixel Perfect reports (28)
Customizable dashboards (245)
Report Formatting Templates (212)
Drill-down analysis (240)
Formatting capabilities (251)
Integration with R or other statistical packages (181)
Report sharing and collaboration (227)
Publish to Web (188)
Publish to PDF (223)
Report Versioning (18)
Report Delivery Scheduling (138)
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.) (257)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization (224)
Predictive Analytics (193)
Multi-User Support (named login) (198)
Role-Based Security Model (165)
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete) (183)
Responsive Design for Web Access (142)
Dedicated iOS Application (101)
Dedicated Android Application (11)
3.4
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile (120)
REST API (45)
Javascript API (45)
iFrames (33)
Java API (36)
Themeable User Interface (UI) (44)
Customizable Platform (Open Source) (38)

About TIBCO Spotfire

TIBCO Spotfire® is a data visualization platform that aims to speed individual time to insight and spur analytics adoption across the organization. According to the vendor, Spotfire helps users quickly and easily generate insights with three new ways to support their analytical preferences: NLQ powered search, AI-driven recommendations, and direct manipulation. Users can add context with native streaming for integrated analyses of real-time and historical data, best-in-class geoanalytics, and one-click predictive analytics to go beyond basic visualizations and understand the factors driving trends and what will happen next.

TIBCO Cloud Spotfire® provides the same business intelligence tools as Spotfire Desktop, with the addition of web authoring.

According to the vendor, Spotfire's differentiating hybrid in-memory/in-database analytics architecture supports the most demanding enterprise needs, easily scaling to thousands of users and limitless rows of data.

Spotfire is deployed in companies in financial services, energy, manufacturing, consumer packaged goods, government, travel & logistics, helathcare, life sciences and more.

TIBCO Spotfire Features

BI Platform Features
Has featureAdministration via Windows App
Has featureAdministration via MacOS App
Has featureAdministration via Web Interface
Has featureLive Connection to External Data
Has featureSnapshot of External Data
Has featureIn-memory data model
Has featureOLAP (Pre-processed cube representation)
Does not have featureROLAP (SQL-layer querying)
Has featureMulti-Data Source Reporting (Blending)
Has featureData warehouse / dictionary layer
Has featureETL Capability
Has featureETL Scheduler
Supported Data Sources Features
Has featureMS Excel Workbooks
Has featureText Files (CSV, etc)
Has featureOracle
Has featureSalesforce
Has featureSAP
Has featureGoogle Analytics
BI Standard Reporting Features
Does not have featurePixel Perfect reports
Has featureCustomizable dashboards
Has featureReport Formatting Templates
Ad-hoc Reporting Features
Has featureDrill-down analysis
Has featureFormatting capabilities
Has featurePredictive modeling
Has featureIntegration with R or other statistical packages
Has featureReport sharing and collaboration
Report Output and Scheduling Features
Has featurePublish to Web
Has featurePublish to PDF
Has featureOutput Raw Supporting Data
Does not have featureReport Versioning
Has featureReport Delivery Scheduling
Does not have featureDelivery to Remote Servers
Data Discovery and Visualization Features
Has featurePre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Has featureLocation Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Has featurePredictive Analytics
Has featureSupport for Machine Learning models
Has featurePattern Recognition and Data Mining
Has featureIntegration with R or other statistical packages
Access Control and Security Features
Has featureMulti-User Support (named login)
Has featureRole-Based Security Model
Has featureMultiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Has featureReport-Level Access Control
Has featureTable-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Has featureField-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Does not have featureSingle Sign-On (SSO)
Mobile Capabilities Features
Has featureREST API
Has featureJavascript API
Has featureiFrames
Has featureJava API
Has featureThemeable User Interface (UI)
Has featureCustomizable Platform (Open Source)

TIBCO Spotfire Screenshots

TIBCO Spotfire Videos (4)

TIBCO Spotfire Downloadables

TIBCO Spotfire Integrations

Google Analytics, Salesforce.com, Attivo Networks, TIBCO Simplr, Wordsmith by Automated Insights

TIBCO Spotfire Competitors

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
On-premise EditionPricing DetailsTerms
TIBCO Spotfire PlatformPlease contact TIBCO sales
SaaS EditionPricing DetailsTerms
TIBCO Cloud Spotfire - Analyst$125/mo, $1250/yrPer Seat
TIBCO Cloud Spotfire - Business Author$65/mo, $650/yrPer Seat
TIBCO Spotfire for Amazon Web Services$0.99Per Hour (Starting)
TIBCO Spotfire Cloud EnterprisePlease contact TIBCO sales
TIBCO Cloud Spotfire - Consumer$25/mo, $250/yrPer Seat

For Enterprise engagements, please contact TIBCO directly for a custom price quote.

TIBCO Spotfire Support Options