https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Ji/QU/PSLA297N9OQF.JPEGA Fresh Way to Present DataTIBCO Spotfire is currently only used by myself. I work for a small geophysics start-up and I'm one of 5 employees total. We collect lots of numbers during geophysical surveying and as a result we process lots of data in the office. While half the job is collecting the values and interpreting them, the other half is presentation and explanations of the data we collect and being able to show its relevance to our clients' situations.,Online storage of some documents. We do a lot of data sharing via cloud storage and it helps to have some flexibility when you work out of office or at home. You can upload it in the field and have it ready to go when you're back at the office. Great graphics. Clients really want to see things they understand. Geophysics can be hard to understand so it helps to have so many great options for displaying the raw data we collect. User friendly! I know it sounds like a simple thing but data processing programs aren't always easy to navigate from the get-go. I was able to learn pretty quickly how to manage things and get what I wanted out of it.,The interface makes it a little difficult to try and rearrange or make adjustments to the raw data. It's easy to display the data but not as easy if you have to make some minor tweaks to titles or sorting.,10,Google Drive and Microsoft Office 365,Self-taught,No. Spotfire is the first TIBCO product any of us have used.,Google Drive, Microsoft Office 2016, ArcGISEasy to use program that makes effective data display, from the most complicated to the most basic dataWe use TIBCO Spotfire primarily as a lab, but it is also used throughout the department for varying purposes. Our use of it in the lab is to create complex, three dimensional statistical graphs that would otherwise require a very specialized and expensive program. Even with the specialized program, TIBCO Spotfire does a much better job at presenting the data and allowing customization.,Customization - can change anything about an image from the color to the layout. Much easier than Microsoft products! User friendly - no tutorial or instruction manual necessary. Great data organization - very easy to display even the most complex data in an understandable way.,Sometimes it is difficult to import data from things like Microsoft Excel. It would be nice to have multiple different export file types so that Spotfire can be more compatible with more programs.,8,GeneralCOST Estimator for Excel, Isentia.Buzznumbers and Cashier Live,Faster data output. More consistent displays. More universal use across the office.,Online training Self-taught,We have only used TIBCO Spotfire.,Microsoft 365 Business, Apple iCloud, MATLABOverviewTIBCO is being used as an important tool for data visualization techniques. Data Science team has been exclusively using the TIBCO software for data visualization for quite some now. Also the services offered by TIBCO Spotfire are quite satisfying and reliable.,Dashboard Charts Visualization,Quite satisfying Perfect No improvements required,8,Better results Accurate results Useful,Self-taught,No other products were integrated but was directly usedTrust, Automation, Reliance...TIBCO Spotfire.TIBCO Spotfire is an integral tool for data analytics and data wrangling by my organization. Currently TIBCO Spotfire is being used for my professional research interests and has been an integral framework for reiterative tasks. TIBCO Spotfire has been able to handle all of my data wrangling problems with analytical precision with a flexible and responsive user interface!,Analytics Wrangling Aquisition Automation EMR Support,User feedback Implementation algorithms Task Analysis,9,,Positive Trustworthy Precise,Online training Self-taught,Analysis files with OData connections are authored in Spotfire Cloud Analyst, saved to the Spotfire Cloud Library and are then available for Spotfire Cloud Business Author and Consumer users. This has been an integral way for me to conduct online inquiries for my personal research and business. the information architecture and visualization has benefited me tremendously.,SQL Server Data Access Components, Informatica Master Data Management, McAfee Total Protection for Data, dbForge SQL Complete, Redgate SQL MonitorSmart, secure enterprise class analytics platformIt's being used across the enterprise. It helps different groups build their own reports and we do build reports which are viewed enterprise-wide.,Good user management Good visualizations Easier to lean and share,More custom visualization support Something like Microsoft Power BI where they have a whole community from where custom visualizations can be downloaded and used within a few clicks. This is for users to use different visualizations other than what comes out of the box. Some of the options that are used are too buried to easily locate.,8,Tableau Desktop,User-friendly Result driven Recommendation feature,In-person training Self-taught,We have integrated with web services built in BusinessWorks and with TIBCO BPM as well.,Microsoft Power BI, Tableau Desktop, MATLAB
Windows, Linux, Mac
TIBCO Spotfire

TIBCO Spotfire Reviews

TIBCO Spotfire
Top Rated Award
Filter 462 vetted TIBCO Spotfire reviews and ratings
September 24, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "A Fresh Way to Present Data"

• Online storage of some documents. We do a lot of data sharing via cloud storage and it helps to have some flexibility when you work out of office or at home. You can upload it in the field and have it ready to go when you're back at the office.
  • Great graphics. Clients really want to see things they understand. Geophysics can be hard to understand so it helps to have so many great options for displaying the raw data we collect.
  • User friendly! I know it sounds like a simple thing but data processing programs aren't always easy to navigate from the get-go. I was able to learn pretty quickly how to manage things and get what I wanted out of it.
  • The interface makes it a little difficult to try and rearrange or make adjustments to the raw data. It's easy to display the data but not as easy if you have to make some minor tweaks to titles or sorting.
Spotfire is best suited for creating accurate, well designed data presentation images like graphs, tables, charts, and is especially useful for collaborative work because you can share it with a coworker and both be working on it. The only other alternative I can think of is Google Sheets, but Spotfire is far more advanced and on a professional level.
It is less appropriate for those who don't deal with a lot of data presentation in their work or where the data presentation in graph form is not the key focus.
Read Abigail Bowden's full review
September 21, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Easy to use program that makes effective data display, from the most complicated to the most basic data"

• Customization - can change anything about an image from the color to the layout. Much easier than Microsoft products!
  • User friendly - no tutorial or instruction manual necessary.
  • Great data organization - very easy to display even the most complex data in an understandable way.
  • Sometimes it is difficult to import data from things like Microsoft Excel.
  • It would be nice to have multiple different export file types so that Spotfire can be more compatible with more programs.
Very well suited for data that has multiple variables or data categories that need simultaneous display. It can be a little overkill for simple graphing; however, even then it offers more control and customization than other Excel or spreadsheet programs. It is also much better at 3D display than Microsoft Excel.
Read Shelby Bowden's full review
August 17, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Overview"

• Dashboard
  • Charts
  • Visualization
  • Quite satisfying
  • Perfect
  • No improvements required
The TIBCO Spotfire software is completely relevant and useful in the various data visualization techniques
Read Tarang Gujar's full review
September 11, 2018

Review: "Trust, Automation, Reliance...TIBCO Spotfire."

• Analytics
  • Wrangling
  • Aquisition
  • Automation
  • EMR Support
  • User feedback
  • Implementation algorithms
  • Task Analysis
When exporting a visualization to an image, an image will now use the visual theme of the analysis, and the image is exported in a higher resolution than before. There are also right-click context menu option to export an image to a .png file, and also to copy the visualization image to the clipboard so it can be pasted into a document or presentation. Great visualization techniques.

Improves clustering algorithm techniques. More agile development.
Read Mathew Dusharm's full review
September 05, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Smart, secure enterprise class analytics platform"

• Good user management
  • Good visualizations
  • Easier to lean and share
  • More custom visualization support
  • Something like Microsoft Power BI where they have a whole community from where custom visualizations can be downloaded and used within a few clicks. This is for users to use different visualizations other than what comes out of the box.
  • Some of the options that are used are too buried to easily locate.
TIBCO Spotfire is well suited for historical data analysis and data visualization, but not well suited for the scenario that requires consolidating the data rapidly changed in a real-time manner.
Read Kripesh Kutty's full review
September 04, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire in Oil and Gas"

Spotfire is used within only my department to analyze oil and gas parameters pertaining to drilling, completions, and production operations as well as geological attributes. All of these values were poured into Spotfire to try and determine their relationship between well performance. Optimization on all levels of upstream operations was the purpose of Spotfire in this case.
  • Ability to look at multiple types of data at the same graph
  • Ability to post data onto a map to better visually compare them
  • Ease of use when manipulating data on a graph
  • More built-in functions for basic users to manipulate data within the software (sort of like Excel vlookups, match, and index functions)
Like all analytical tools Spotfire is dependent on the quality of data going into it. You can easily spot out discrepancies in data and correct them.
One weakness is becoming caught up in correcting data while hampering your progression.
Read Quang-Hoa Hong's full review
July 30, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire help handle the chaos."

I do not know about other users within the college, but I am using Spotfire for multiple purposes. Within my department, I have used Spotfire to perform exploratory analysis on class enrollment and management. A goal of the analysis was to evaluate conflicts that would be seen by the typical student in enrollments. I am a teaching faculty member as well and am considering developing an experiment on various data analysis techniques with chemical data.
  • Spotfire can handle large datasets by design.
  • Visualizations are linked, so one view can be used to establish the critical data, but different views can be used to present and clarify the data for different stakeholder groups.
  • Because data can be integrated from different sources, recent information that may not be fully probated can be included in an analysis with established data.
  • There are times when I want to look at local data quickly, but every time I start up Spotfire it hijacks my web browser to require login to the Cloud. This design is particularly vexing if I have no internet access. I understand that this is the design, but it does not mean I have to like it.
  • Startup can be slow.
We deal with a number of situations where Spotfire is useful. There is analysis of student patterns, safety incidents, and I am interested in showing how exploratory data analysis can be performed with multiple methods. Multidimensional data has become far more prominent in current instrumentation.
Read Jeffrey Molloy's full review
July 30, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire with TERR and Python"

We use Spotfire in many ways. Primarily, it is a fast data wrangling tool that lets you dig through and visualize data very quickly. Our team, in particular, uses it to look at oil and gas production data. In addition, we use Python and R in the backend to build more advanced applications.
  • Automating building decline curves for oil and gas wells.
  • Reading and writing to and from Oracle database with Python or information links within Spotfire.
  • Looking at competitor data across the Permian Basin. Utilizing IHS data to see every well in the Permian Basin.
  • Spotfire’s TERR and bass R are not totally compatible, especially for CRAN packages.
  • IronPython does not run transactions sequentially which can make development difficult.
  • IronPython API reference material is terrible and of virtually no use.
  • General bugs with Spotfire itself. Example: restarting Spotfire can cause certain things to start working sometimes.
Well suited: drilling through lots of categorical data that is linked to numeric data. Interactive maps. Interactive plots. Using data, analytics, and visualization in sync.

Bad: lots of user inputs, heavy script development (no version control), big data (everything stored in memory and begins to lag with > 2 gigs of data loaded)
Read Andrew Pruet's full review
July 23, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire - Engineers and Geologists Getting Along"

We use Spotfire to analyze relationships between reservoir engineering, geological and operational data.
  • Spotfire allows quick visualization of large and often complex data sets.
  • Spotfire allows the integration of data from differing oil and gas disciplines that serves as a bridge for analysis, discussion and presentation.
  • Spotfire allows us to look for relationships in our data from different angles quite easily. If we can dream it, we can do it with Spotfire.
  • I wish that Spotfire had a better method of producing a probability distribution chart. I have been through the online workflows, but still wind up using Excel for this most of the time.
  • While I have gotten better with the Custom Expressions, it would be nice to have them simplified a bit more.
I think Spotfire is well-suited for any industry or situation. I can't think of any scenarios where it would be less appropriate.
Read Kyle Jordison's full review
July 19, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire in Precision Ag"

I am doing a Ph.D. working with precision agriculture and variable rate technology. Since response patterns are variable and change by field, year, genotype, I use Spotfire to dynamically graph the response and detect those patterns. It's a powerful tool for data exploration.
  • Explore data and detect patterns
  • Provide suggestions for different types of graphs that could be done
  • Many times I want to use the same data but show different years in different tabs and I would like to have the option of applying different filters by a tab.
  • Fitting curves could have more options for differential equations and show the parameters with more decimals (or at least give the possibility to the user)
I used this software when I worked in Pioneer Hi-bred. I like it so much that now I'm using it in my Ph.D. and recommending it to my professors and people on my team. They are starting to use the map options, to map all the trials we are conducting in different parts of the world and filter them according to different options like crop, year, country, state, etc.
Read Germán Mandrini's full review
July 02, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Very nice quality for a small price!"

Spotfire was used by the management (myself) on 2 levels: implementation for marketing/finance departments, internal use for any data mining. The purpose was to ensure to know what is in the data, of both internal and external clients, to then explain them the output of analyses and finally help them with making decisions, creating plans, etc.
  • Getting info from several data sources
  • Unlimited quantity of data
  • Interactive dashboarding
  • Available on Windows only
  • Mobile application not that well developed - let's say this is not really adaptative to the screen size
  • Sometimes it is a bit too long to sync data sources
  • Geo data were quite complicated to implement and configure
Spotfire is a nice tool when you want to complete different data sources together; with interactivity when selecting data. Honestly, this seems more marketing and finance oriented, with some weaknesses and limitations with geodata or when you really want to get very deep in data mining. This remains possible but a lot of configuration is needed, and sometimes the result is not that good. But for basics in BI, this is a nice tool, with a very good price!
Read Christopher Belis's full review
June 21, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire: the Wild West of BI Tools"

We are converting from one tool to Spotfire. We need to match functionality from the other tool into Spotfire. It helps business users spend less time creating reports and more time making decisions
  • Highly Customize able with HTML, Python, R and others. If you can think of something and know the code, it is open format for you to deliver those results.
  • Good amount of charts to display information to tell stories better about your data.
  • Easy to connect to multiple data sources, regardless of if its in database or flat file.
  • Our user base is missing functionality in Spotfire that causes our users to export Spotfire data into Excel, which causes more headaches. Spotfire could do a much better job providing self service functionality.
  • Development beyond basic charts requires knowledge of programming languages
  • Several times I have completed the creation of a report and later I had to make a small change. This change requires me to go through the entire report creation process again.
Quick and easy access to data, with web portal to share information. being able to take manual reporting out of the equation is really great as well. I have found that while the tool is highly custom, there is less development resources available online, so there is a bit more self solving required with this tool as the community matures.
Read Alex Walton's full review
September 06, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Analytics at your fingertips"

TIBCO Spotfire is being used across my organization for business plan and KPIs tracking, wells and reservoir surveillance, asset management, etc.
  • TIBCO Spotfire is user friendly. You don’t need programming experience to be able to work with Spotfire
  • Ability to easily generate different types of visuals for your process/equipment.
  • Very easy to drill down to details using Spotfire
  • On Demand feature is very helpful
  • Easy to swap columns. Data may come in very unstructured
Very suitable for visuals, easy to use, intuitive, doesn’t need programming skills, easy to drill down to details, reports can be exported in different formats
Read Obiageli Nnaji's full review
September 06, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Good software"

Mostly all of the departments use Spotfire right now. It’s a great tool to see the insights of the data and it’s easy to create dashboards
  • Easy to create dashboards
  • Easy to code
  • Linear optimization
  • Save automatically in case Spotfire stops working
It’s suited to create reports with large amounts of data.
Read Elena Rouco Chas's full review
September 05, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire is a good tool"

This tool provides intuitive graphs and highly customizable elements. The appearance is similar to dashboards. You can use multiple data sources. I really think it's easy to learn.
  • Multiple data source
  • Multiple graphs or visuals
  • Importing data is very easy
  • The colors can be improved
  • Some of the features are hard to find
  • Lack of documentation
Spotfire is a great tool to create dashboards. It can be a data scientist's tool as well as a tool for building visual analytics.
Read Elisa Andujar's full review
September 03, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire for big data visualization"

TIBCO Spotfire is being used by a specific department in the company on a daily basis to do BI and analytics, mostly descriptive statistics and dashboards across big data sets. We have it connected with a Cloudera cluster on premise
  • Easy usage, fast in creating typical dashboarding
  • Good connection with big data bases
  • We have found problems in native connections with Amazon Athena in order to use data directly stored in S3. We had to migrate some hot data to Redshift where we experienced no problems at all
  • As a user of graphical programming libraries like Matplotlib, ggplot, and d3.js, I find limitations in creating highly customized dashboards.
If you need to do exploratory data analysis on big data, this tool is a way to go. However, you will lack some freedom if you come from programming libraries like Matplotlib, ggplot or d3.js. One of the most amazing things is the load-on-demand characteristic of Spotfire
Read Alvaro Calle Cordon's full review
September 03, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "TIBCO software is one of the best data analytics tools- Wanna know why??"

We use TIBCO spotfire to deliver visual analytics of our data and also to compare one data set to other using pictorial description.
  • Helps analyze and report findings.
  • Capability to export our analysis, so that analysis can also be read by someone who does not have the software installed.
  • Easy to use and interactive visualization.
  • Strong mobile access.
  • Lack of production reporting.
  • The look is not very customizable.
  • Expensive.
Best tool for data visualization. Spotfire has proven to be a very useful tool while presenting our data in a way that it is clearly understood by the listeners.
Read Sudha Govindaraju's full review
August 27, 2018

Review: "Tibco Spotfire offers smooth learning curve and quick wins for more focus on business analytics goals and less on technology"

I work with large organizations on their data/digital transformation. Leveraging Spotfire makes the transition easy and frictionless. We need people to focus on their business goals not on the tech. Spotfire delivers the simplicity and logic that enables that. Learning curve fits within a day. Performance suits any business analytics needs. Visualization is powerful and satisfying to the users who are encouraged to do more. It is a great solution to support transformation in the digital age.
  • Short learning curve with a nice learn-by-doing dynamic.
  • Cool visualisation options that really support decision-making process.
  • Nice data preparation features to feed analytics with better data.
  • Smoother integration with D3 libraries.
  • Easier integration of R on Mac.
Read Gauthier Vasseur's full review
August 09, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire: "TIBCO Analytics review"

TIBCO is currently being used by certain departments in our organization. We are using it for analytics in understanding budgeting from various departments. It gives us clear visual analytics/reports during meeting discussions. Data is taken from various databases and systems and organized in the tool. We then create pie charts, bar graphs and spot charts in the tool. Each bar graph can be edited individually and modified. This makes it much more robust than advanced Excel.
  • Excellent visual design
  • Create different types of graphs, spot charts and regular charts.
  • Modify individual elements of a graph.
  • Import data from different sources to gather data.
  • TIBCO has limited integration with other software. This can be improved as it needs to become a full-fledged robust tool instead of a design replacement of Excel. One example is integration with automation tools so that it can become more functional.
  • It has the potential to have more features from design to development.
  • Increase APIs for integration so that it can become a part of other software. ( Excel, PPT, QTP, SEE Test)
  • It can also have web-based APIs to make it very unique.
TIBCO is well suited for creating individual reports from data across different parts of an organization. It acts as a stand-alone tool with features for analytics and reports. It is very good for business users who need to create reports themselves from raw data. There are some drawbacks when it comes to getting data from integrated or automated systems. If it can become a part of other software, it would go miles. It has great flexibilities to customize dashboards.
July 19, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire will "light" up your data"

We are using Spotfire in a manufacturing environment at our US location to serve as a single point of truth for metrics, analytics, and data. We have many disparate systems, but with Spotfire's many native connection functions, we are able to tie many different data sources together for better insights.

It addresses the problem of having to "hunt and search" for data. Many of our users are staff members who do not frequently use all of our systems but might need data from each of them. Spotfire gives a "one-stop shop" and common interface that makes it easy for the users to access to drill down to the data they need on the fly when putting together presentations, or deep dive analysis.
  • Connecting to a variety of data sources; basically no matter what your backend systems are (from Excel to huge ERPs and data lakes), Spotfire can connect to it and provide suggestions as to the best way to visualize your data
  • Ability to quickly slice and dice data and save that "view" as a bookmark. Not only are users quickly able to access data and filter just what they need, they can save a particular set of filters or "view" via the bookmark function so the need to create multiple views with the same dataset isn't necessary by the analyst.
  • Quick and easy to design and publish. Basically, if you have a dataset, Spotfire can quickly visualize it for you. It's possible to embed data if you have large datasets for performance or connect directly to a backend system to get real-time data.
  • Using community suggestions or ideas to quickly implement features. Simple things like using calculated values in other expressions would give designers lots of flexibility without having to do lots of data massaging and setup where source systems might not communicate together very well.
  • Automation for updating data tables in the cloud environment. This is possible with an on-premise solution, but we need the ability to FTP or transfer files to the cloud services and have a schedule to refresh updated files.
  • More flexibility over visualization design options. Need the ability to sort bars by value when they are in a hierarchy. Need to be able to stack bars when using two data sources. Need more functionality around colors and conditions/expressions.
Spotfire excels at connecting to multiple data sources and linking them together for insights that were previously unknown. It's a nice tool for data, metrics, analytics, visualizations, etc. It doesn't quite have the flexibility of Excel to make calculations across sheet easily, so some understanding and setup of your data structure must be done in preparation. Once you have the data set up in a format that's fit for Spotfire, you'll be trying to move all your reporting to it!
June 20, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Transfom different format data sets and external sources data to dashboards in a blink of an eye."

Currently, there are multiple departments from different divisions and directorates that are using TIBCO Spotfire. Most of them are using the product mainly for aggregating data and visualizing them into dashboards. Next major use case of TIBCO Spotfire is for displaying Geographical Information such as building heatmaps and mobility patterns. However, we are also exploring Spotfire's analytical capabilities for descriptive and predictive analytics.
  • Aggregating data and presents them in dynamic charts.
  • Descriptive analytics and patterns discovery.
  • High-dimensionality data source
  • Near real-time analytics
TIBCO Spotfire is perfect for simplifying (preprocessed/cleaned) data aggregation, performing descriptive analytics, and visualization of information in dynamic charts or augment information with geographical information in maps. However, sometimes it might have some problems when trying to handle incomplete data set with a couple of fields containing some null or empty values.
September 24, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire for geologic interpretation in an academic setting"

I have used Spotfire as an intern in the Energy Industry and as a student for my masters research. In the industry setting Spotfire is pretty widely used throughout most of the business units within the company. As a student I was the only one in my research group to use Spotfire initially, but turned several other students onto it. In both settings Spotfire was used for processing and interpretation of geologic data and creating figures to display geologic concepts.
  • Filtering data
  • Multivariate display capabilities
  • Pretty easy to get started with for new users
  • Though Spotfire is good at exporting figures/images to PowerPoint you cannot export clear images for Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw for publication quality figures.
  • Spotfire has limited statistical analysis capabilities
  • Some features available on the desktop version are not available in the web version (such as copy and pasting display set ups)
Spotfire is great for data interpretation and for creating powerful figures, but it isn't appropriate for multivariate statistical analyses or any more complex statistical modeling.
September 21, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Easy to learn, use."

Spotfire is used across the whole organization, such as supply chain, finance, and engineering.
We use it to visualize and analyze data to identify the problems and make decisions.
  • Syntaxs for calculated columns are easy to understand, master and apply.
  • Spotfire can provide interactive, customized reports and dashboards.
  • Set multiple column width at one time instead of change one by one.
  • Keep the color constant for the same column in the various visualizations.
After using Spotfire for 6 months, I found out Spotfire actually is a very user-friendly data visualization tool. It is easy to learn and apply. We upload the raw data into Spotfire for revenue/profit analysis, demand/supply analysis, capacity analysis.
September 19, 2018

"TIBCO Spotfire Review"

We use Spotfire within our business intelligence department. The team creates reports, charts and graphs for employees, customers and our website portal.
  • Our business intelligence department can create on-the-fly ad-hoc reports & graphs for management and customers.
  • It publishes quite well, creating visuals that can be easily read and understood.
  • Handles multiple sources of data well.
  • When the interface "chokes" so to speak, which is not often, it is not explicit in the reasoning. No error on the screen or in the log.
  • When errors do occur they can be a bit vague. This makes it hard to troubleshoot.
  • Support is good, but does need some improvement.
Once you have a user who understands it, the application is fantastic for ad-hoc reports, results publishing and creating shared content. It does work really well.
September 11, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Geospatial data specialist"

We currently use Spotfire to do data analytics for some of our clients.

Only a select few employees currently are using Spotfire.

We tend to use Spotfire when we want to create dashboards for our clients that primarily deal with visualizing geographic data. We deemed this product to be the best fit for this niche need, and it is not our primary data analytics or business intelligence application of choice.
  • GIS or any geographic dashboarding
  • Concise and clean visualizations
  • Basic data discovery
  • Custom made visualizations and dashboards are not very intuitive
  • Drill-down functions and LOD are good but not quick on par with industry leaders
  • Relatively expensive to implement for smaller teams
We use Spotfire in instances where we believe the data requires heavier use of geographic information to visualize.

In all other instances, we would pick Tableau or Power BI as our visualization tool of choice. Spotfire is not quite as leading edge as Tableau or as widely available as Power BI to be useful for us to take to our clients on a regular basis.

Pixel Perfect reports (28)
Customizable dashboards (169)
Report Formatting Templates (145)
Drill-down analysis (168)
Formatting capabilities (174)
Integration with R or other statistical packages (126)
Report sharing and collaboration (158)
Publish to Web (130)
Publish to PDF (152)
Report Versioning (18)
Report Delivery Scheduling (96)
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.) (176)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization (158)
Predictive Analytics (136)
Multi-User Support (named login) (140)
Role-Based Security Model (118)
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete) (132)
Responsive Design for Web Access (103)
Dedicated iOS Application (70)
Dedicated Android Application (11)
4.3
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile (85)
REST API (21)
Javascript API (21)
iFrames (13)
6.6
Java API (17)
6.7
Themeable User Interface (UI) (21)
6.6
Customizable Platform (Open Source) (15)
6.3

About TIBCO Spotfire

TIBCO SpotfireⓇ is a data discovery and business intelligence tool with capabilities that range from colorful graphic visualizations for the entry-level user to in-depth statistical analysis. According to the vendor, their built in analytical engines help users utilize the results of data mining, help in-house intelligence analysts crunch proprietary numbers, and drive new business growth. The vendor also says they help anticipate opportunities and risks by seamlessly integrating predictive models and real-time event streams into user-friendly business intelligence solutions that work.

TIBCO Spotfire® Cloud provides the same business intelligence tools as Spotfire Desktop, with the addition of web authoring and unlimited sharing. Because it is software-as-a-service, it requires no installation.

Spotfire Platform is designed for larger deployments within organizations. According to the vendor, its differentiating hybrid in-memory/in-database analytics architecture supports the most demanding enterprise needs, easily scaling to thousands of users and limitless rows of data.

Spotfire is is deployed in companies in energy, financial services, manufacturing, consumer packaged goods, and life sciences industries.

TIBCO Spotfire Features

BI Platform Features
Has featureAdministration via Windows App
Does not have featureAdministration via MacOS App
Has featureAdministration via Web Interface
Has featureLive Connection to External Data
Has featureSnapshot of External Data
Has featureIn-memory data model
Has featureOLAP (Pre-processed cube representation)
Does not have featureROLAP (SQL-layer querying)
Has featureMulti-Data Source Reporting (Blending)
Has featureData warehouse / dictionary layer
Has featureETL Capability
Has featureETL Scheduler
Supported Data Sources Features
Has featureMS Excel Workbooks
Has featureText Files (CSV, etc)
Has featureOracle
Has featureSalesforce
Has featureSAP
Has featureGoogle Analytics
BI Standard Reporting Features
Does not have featurePixel Perfect reports
Has featureCustomizable dashboards
Has featureReport Formatting Templates
Ad-hoc Reporting Features
Has featureDrill-down analysis
Has featureFormatting capabilities
Has featurePredictive modeling
Has featureIntegration with R or other statistical packages
Has featureReport sharing and collaboration
Report Output and Scheduling Features
Has featurePublish to Web
Has featurePublish to PDF
Has featureOutput Raw Supporting Data
Does not have featureReport Versioning
Has featureReport Delivery Scheduling
Does not have featureDelivery to Remote Servers
Data Discovery and Visualization Features
Has featurePre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Has featureLocation Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Has featurePredictive Analytics
Has featureSupport for Machine Learning models
Has featurePattern Recognition and Data Mining
Has featureIntegration with R or other statistical packages
Access Control and Security Features
Has featureMulti-User Support (named login)
Has featureRole-Based Security Model
Has featureMultiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Has featureReport-Level Access Control
Has featureTable-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Has featureField-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Does not have featureSingle Sign-On (SSO)
Mobile Capabilities Features
Has featureREST API
Has featureJavascript API
Has featureiFrames
Has featureJava API
Has featureThemeable User Interface (UI)
Has featureCustomizable Platform (Open Source)
Has featureSmart Recommendations for Visualizations
Has featureConnectors: OData, Mongo DB, Apache Cassandra, Apache Spark, Attivio
Has featureEmbedded R Runtime Engine
Has featureK-Means Clustering, Holt-Winters Forecasting, Line Similarity
Has featureMulti-Layer Map Charts and Support for Shape Files

TIBCO Spotfire Videos (3)

TIBCO Spotfire Downloadables

TIBCO Spotfire Integrations

Google Analytics, Salesforce.com, Attivo Networks, TIBCO Simplr, Wordsmith by Automated Insights

TIBCO Spotfire Competitors

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
On-premise EditionPricing DetailsTerms
TIBCO Spotfire PlatformPlease contact TIBCO sales
SaaS EditionPricing DetailsTerms
TIBCO Spotfire Cloud - Monthly$200Per Month, Per Authoring Seat
TIBCO Spotfire Cloud - Annual$2,000Per Year, Per Authoring Seat
TIBCO Spotfire for Amazon Web Services$0.99Per Hour (Starting)
TIBCO Spotfire Cloud EnterprisePlease contact TIBCO sales

For Enterprise engagements, please contact TIBCO directly for a custom price quote.

TIBCO Spotfire Support Options