https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Ji/QU/PSLA297N9OQF.JPEGFast and easy eye-catching advanced dashboards at a unbeateable priceTIBCO Spotfire is being used for creating multiple Department Dashboards, such as Pharmacy, Oncology, Geriatrics. All these Dept. are working with 2 or more dedicated software with transactional databases providing partial information about their work. They are not able to get enough information. We use Spotfire to unify information and present summarise information in a graphical and comprehensive way, in order to give a global view to stakeholders.,Very fast to create new dashboards, system provides automatically options to make fine reports Very good filters, easy to use for non-analysts, good graphics and a lot of possibilities to create reports Very good technical support Very good price with top performance,Sometimes difficult to know what product and package fits your products Confusing documentation Not very comprehensive user access rights,10,QlikView, Microsoft SQL Server and Tableau Server,TIBCO Spotfire is allowing to get comprehensive information from databases at a real competitive price, with great customer support.,Self-taught,We have not integrated Spotfire with other products from TIBCO,RapidMiner Studio, DISCO,10,3,Integrating in More Departments to help them to have better information,Pharmacy cost control, Oncology actvity (patients taken care, quality control), Geriatrics activity report,We are still in deployment phase but doctors are beginning to see that they can take profit of the date they create everyday,10,6,5,,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor Analyst Reports Third-party Reviews,No, the decision was very good,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,Although documentation is vast, it's very difficult to know what add-on or package you need to deploy. We install 2 times products not needed loosing a lot of time. Anyway, support is good and helping It was not easy to know what product and options we needed,7,10,Yes,Needed to use forecast predictions but didn't work on server. After providing logs and screenshots, Support engineer gave me the solution in 1 step,Fast and easy creation of new reports, powerful and fast filters. Easy-to-use time series graphic forecasting,Some add-ons are not included and not easy to integrate Time series Forecasting is only available on a graphic basis, not number Possible to integrate with R, but need to spend a lot of time to use scripts,Yes, but I don't use it,9Spotfire requires some effort, but offers the best combination of advanced analytics with data visualizationTIBCO Spotfire is used across the entire organization for implementing forecasting, data visualization, and model building. We use TIBCO Spotfire because of its advanced analytics capabilities combined with its broad data visualization offerings. Perhaps the most useful aspect of TIBCO Spotfire is the R Script interface, where we can use R scripts in Spotfire to create useful models and graphs.,TIBCO Spotfire performs well for analysts that need more than just real-time data visualizations. These analysts need the ability to create advanced models. TIBCO Spotfire's graphs are a little bit more difficult to create than some other data visualization tools. I think this comes with the advantage of allowing the user a greater ability to customize visualizations. The suggested graphs part of creating graphs is world class. It offers more than just one suggestion and makes it easy for the user to create usable graphics.,The software takes a while to start up. It's almost like using a Windows 7 machine with an old hard drive. Sometimes creating the most aesthetically-pleasing graphic takes a long time. This is because of the many adjustments that have to be made to a graph in Spotfire. Some other visualization software makes it easier. Although Spotfire has a number of advanced modeling capabilities, it would be nice to have more rather than having to build R scripts for some of the more advanced models.,9,Tableau Desktop, Qlik Sense, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner and Domo,The ROI from Spotfire has generally been positive. After digesting the healthy up front cost, analysts have come to rely on the software more than most any other software product besides perhaps Excel. The initial time spent on Spotfire looked like it might turn out to be a waste of money. But after putting the time in, Spotfire saves analysts time and thereby money. Perhaps the most positive return on investment from Spotfire is the automated reports, eliminating analyst effort.,Online training Self-taught,We have not specifically purchased any other add-on products to Spotfire. With that said, we are considering looking at Spotfire X. In addition, we are thinking of using Spotfire for more data wrangling, location analytics, real-time graphics, and real-time streaming of data. Of these, I think the two most important items that will save time are making the data wrangling tasks more automated and making the real-time streaming of data actually real-time streaming of data. Accomplishing these two tasks is more difficult than what it sounds.,Tableau Desktop, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner, JMP Pro, Domo, Qlik SenseLearned Spotfire for work, quit my job, now I use it for school.Currently I use Spotfire with a student license to visualize my research data for my graduate program. Previously I worked as an engineer at a large company where Spotfire was used to generate reports (some custom some automated) at various stages of a manufacturing for general operations and issue disposition. I gained a lot of familiarity with the tool generating ad hoc reports for personal use to the point that I was eventually writing automated reports that supported others within my group. Besides my department, Spotfire was used across the whole organization; there was a group of engineers that supported all departments by generating and maintaining reporting in Spotfire mostly for manufacturing (they were also responsible for setting up the backend databases for those reports.),Dynamic visualizations, I like that it's intuitive to flip between different ways of seeing the data until I can get the story the data is telling. Importing data, I like being able to import a csv (or in the past, use custom sql to query a db) then do multiple transformations (pivot, calc cols, etc.) and create the visualizations I need. Especially beneficial that I can add to or replace the initial imported data and as long as I match the format the transformations and visualizations will update. As great as it is to view data in Spotfire, the universal reporting standard is powerpoint. Spotfire does a good job allowing me to export the visualizations I have created to a format everyone can view.,Would like to be able to use network graphs without a separate license. The built-in SQL in Spotfire developer is clunky, but there's no good way to debug custom written SQL. Zoom on map reports is too discretized, I find I want to zoom to a point that is between two options so I end up with a visualization that is either too far away and has empty space or too close and is missing data. Geographic plotting in new to me and the crappy zoom overall feels out of place with Spotfire's general fluidity.,10,JMP Pro,My role was a little disconnected from this. I don't know but I'd imagine it created a lot of visibility to where money was being lost in manufacturing.,Online training In-person training Self-taught,Have not used anything but Spotfire.,JMP Pro, AnacondaA Fresh Way to Present DataTIBCO Spotfire is currently only used by myself. I work for a small geophysics start-up and I'm one of 5 employees total. We collect lots of numbers during geophysical surveying and as a result we process lots of data in the office. While half the job is collecting the values and interpreting them, the other half is presentation and explanations of the data we collect and being able to show its relevance to our clients' situations.,Online storage of some documents. We do a lot of data sharing via cloud storage and it helps to have some flexibility when you work out of office or at home. You can upload it in the field and have it ready to go when you're back at the office. Great graphics. Clients really want to see things they understand. Geophysics can be hard to understand so it helps to have so many great options for displaying the raw data we collect. User friendly! I know it sounds like a simple thing but data processing programs aren't always easy to navigate from the get-go. I was able to learn pretty quickly how to manage things and get what I wanted out of it.,The interface makes it a little difficult to try and rearrange or make adjustments to the raw data. It's easy to display the data but not as easy if you have to make some minor tweaks to titles or sorting.,10,Google Drive and Microsoft Office 365,Self-taught,No. Spotfire is the first TIBCO product any of us have used.,Google Drive, Microsoft Office 2016, ArcGISEasy to use program that makes effective data display, from the most complicated to the most basic dataWe use TIBCO Spotfire primarily as a lab, but it is also used throughout the department for varying purposes. Our use of it in the lab is to create complex, three dimensional statistical graphs that would otherwise require a very specialized and expensive program. Even with the specialized program, TIBCO Spotfire does a much better job at presenting the data and allowing customization.,Customization - can change anything about an image from the color to the layout. Much easier than Microsoft products! User friendly - no tutorial or instruction manual necessary. Great data organization - very easy to display even the most complex data in an understandable way.,Sometimes it is difficult to import data from things like Microsoft Excel. It would be nice to have multiple different export file types so that Spotfire can be more compatible with more programs.,8,GeneralCOST Estimator for Excel, Isentia.Buzznumbers and Cashier Live,Faster data output. More consistent displays. More universal use across the office.,Online training Self-taught,We have only used TIBCO Spotfire.,Microsoft 365 Business, Apple iCloud, MATLAB
Windows, Linux, Mac
TIBCO Spotfire

TIBCO Spotfire Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

TIBCO Spotfire
Top Rated Award
Filter 513 vetted TIBCO Spotfire reviews and ratings
David Baltar Boilève profile photo
December 12, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Fast and easy eye-catching advanced dashboards at a unbeateable price"

• Very fast to create new dashboards, system provides automatically options to make fine reports
  • Very good filters, easy to use for non-analysts, good graphics and a lot of possibilities to create reports
  • Very good technical support
  • Very good price with top performance
  • Sometimes difficult to know what product and package fits your products
  • Confusing documentation
  • Not very comprehensive user access rights
TIBCO Spotfire is perfect when you need to make a fast deploy to provide information with very good reports. It's very cost effective and high - performance.
Not using it
Read David Baltar Boilève's full review
Thomas Young profile photo
December 01, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire requires some effort, but offers the best combination of advanced analytics with data visualization"

• TIBCO Spotfire performs well for analysts that need more than just real-time data visualizations. These analysts need the ability to create advanced models.
  • TIBCO Spotfire's graphs are a little bit more difficult to create than some other data visualization tools. I think this comes with the advantage of allowing the user a greater ability to customize visualizations.
  • The suggested graphs part of creating graphs is world class. It offers more than just one suggestion and makes it easy for the user to create usable graphics.
  • The software takes a while to start up. It's almost like using a Windows 7 machine with an old hard drive.
  • Sometimes creating the most aesthetically-pleasing graphic takes a long time. This is because of the many adjustments that have to be made to a graph in Spotfire. Some other visualization software makes it easier.
  • Although Spotfire has a number of advanced modeling capabilities, it would be nice to have more rather than having to build R scripts for some of the more advanced models.
TIBCO Spotfire is perfectly suited for the data scientist and the financial analyst who is willing to go beyond simple accounting visuals. The data scientists get the entire range of job responsibilities, from data exploration to final model building to visualization. The financial analyst with a more technical background gets the ability to present financial data in a more unique way.
Read Thomas Young's full review
David Glennon profile photo
October 30, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Learned Spotfire for work, quit my job, now I use it for school."

• Dynamic visualizations, I like that it's intuitive to flip between different ways of seeing the data until I can get the story the data is telling.
  • Importing data, I like being able to import a csv (or in the past, use custom sql to query a db) then do multiple transformations (pivot, calc cols, etc.) and create the visualizations I need. Especially beneficial that I can add to or replace the initial imported data and as long as I match the format the transformations and visualizations will update.
  • As great as it is to view data in Spotfire, the universal reporting standard is powerpoint. Spotfire does a good job allowing me to export the visualizations I have created to a format everyone can view.
  • Would like to be able to use network graphs without a separate license.
  • The built-in SQL in Spotfire developer is clunky, but there's no good way to debug custom written SQL.
  • Zoom on map reports is too discretized, I find I want to zoom to a point that is between two options so I end up with a visualization that is either too far away and has empty space or too close and is missing data. Geographic plotting in new to me and the crappy zoom overall feels out of place with Spotfire's general fluidity.
Great for creating the visualizations to go with data, especially if you can already picture how you want to represent it. Not so good if you have to do any actual stats on the data, unless you're going to integrate python scripts.
Read David Glennon's full review
Abigail Bowden profile photo
September 24, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "A Fresh Way to Present Data"

• Online storage of some documents. We do a lot of data sharing via cloud storage and it helps to have some flexibility when you work out of office or at home. You can upload it in the field and have it ready to go when you're back at the office.
  • Great graphics. Clients really want to see things they understand. Geophysics can be hard to understand so it helps to have so many great options for displaying the raw data we collect.
  • User friendly! I know it sounds like a simple thing but data processing programs aren't always easy to navigate from the get-go. I was able to learn pretty quickly how to manage things and get what I wanted out of it.
  • The interface makes it a little difficult to try and rearrange or make adjustments to the raw data. It's easy to display the data but not as easy if you have to make some minor tweaks to titles or sorting.
Spotfire is best suited for creating accurate, well designed data presentation images like graphs, tables, charts, and is especially useful for collaborative work because you can share it with a coworker and both be working on it. The only other alternative I can think of is Google Sheets, but Spotfire is far more advanced and on a professional level.
It is less appropriate for those who don't deal with a lot of data presentation in their work or where the data presentation in graph form is not the key focus.
Read Abigail Bowden's full review
Shelby Bowden profile photo
September 21, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Easy to use program that makes effective data display, from the most complicated to the most basic data"

• Customization - can change anything about an image from the color to the layout. Much easier than Microsoft products!
  • User friendly - no tutorial or instruction manual necessary.
  • Great data organization - very easy to display even the most complex data in an understandable way.
  • Sometimes it is difficult to import data from things like Microsoft Excel.
  • It would be nice to have multiple different export file types so that Spotfire can be more compatible with more programs.
Very well suited for data that has multiple variables or data categories that need simultaneous display. It can be a little overkill for simple graphing; however, even then it offers more control and customization than other Excel or spreadsheet programs. It is also much better at 3D display than Microsoft Excel.
Read Shelby Bowden's full review
Tarang Gujar profile photo
August 17, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Overview"

TIBCO is being used as an important tool for data visualization techniques. Data Science team has been exclusively using the TIBCO software for data visualization for quite some now. Also the services offered by TIBCO Spotfire are quite satisfying and reliable.
  • Dashboard
  • Charts
  • Visualization
  • Quite satisfying
  • Perfect
  • No improvements required
The TIBCO Spotfire software is completely relevant and useful in the various data visualization techniques
Read Tarang Gujar's full review
Marco J. Morelli profile photo
November 27, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Entry level user"

We would like to use TIBCO Spotfire in our Research Centre at the Hospital for a quick visualization and analysis of the data for projects which do not need the development of ad hoc methods, to be used by users without a computational background. The results were okay, although you always need to take into account the cost related to changing a workflow from what people are used to. In particular, those without a technical background were thrilled to be able to run simple analyses without having to learn how to code.
  • Ease of use
  • Visualization
  • Handling of samples. We would have liked something closer to a laboratory information management system, where samples could be tracked before sequencing. Even tracking the position of a vial in a fridge/rack would be useful for us.
  • Documentation
TIBCO Spotfire is well suited for environments where data analysis is standard and can be run through automated pipelines: the final results need to be showed to people who can not write or interpret the analysis details, but want to explore the results independently and put them in the context of published data.
Read Marco J. Morelli's full review
Ellie Lock profile photo
October 01, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Powerful Analysis Program Worth Paying For"

Only optimisation engineers in countries around the world have access to Spotfire. We use it so analyse drilling trends, identify errors in data and hazardous events that have occurred. I am the only user in Australia for my company.
  • Great marking and colouring options to highlight necessary data. Particularly helpful in scatter plots with segment colouring options.
  • The details visualisation allows quick analysis of multiple parameters to identify trends
  • Adding calculation columns are easy and simple to write if more data is required. Refreshing of data from source is also helpful.
  • I find it difficult to view large scale data on x-y scatter plots where multiple data needs to be viewed on the x-axis. We generally put depth drilled on the y-axis and up to 3 variables on the y-axis but Spotfire does not view this data very well.
  • Ability to auto calculate a trend line by selecting two points of data on x-y scatter plot would be useful for viewing.
  • The print preview button doesnt save the last setting so when printing multiple landscape views I had to change my options every time. Just a bit tedious.
  • Don't really understand trellis options yet but still learning on this.
Great for parameter analysis and range box and whisker plots for drilling formations.
Not good for holistic view of drilling campaigns and presenting data to the customer. Print preview needs to be clearer images and larger definition for power point and word documents.
Read Ellie Lock's full review
Kimberly Bartholomew profile photo
September 26, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Information Systems that students use Spotfire for real-world data analysis."

I am a college professor. I teach a Healthcare Information Systems Applications course where students work on several small community projects. We asked for an educational license for about two months so students could do some training and then use Spotfire for some analysis on their projects.
None of the students had used Spotfire before that class. They had all used Tableau, SAS, and Excel for reporting and data analytics.
  • Spotfire allows for many different types of data sources.
  • The ability to choose what filters to apply to a chart is a user-friendly way to share the information with stakeholders.
  • The chart types are varied.
  • Liked the ability to tie charts together to the same legend or filters.
  • Would like to see more chart types supported.
  • Would like more tutorials or YouTube video tutorials.
  • The Cloud version menu and navigation were a bit hard to understand.
Well suited for large datasets from most of the popularly used data sources.

Learning curve takes some time. Good for an educational setting.
Read Kimberly Bartholomew's full review
Mathew Dusharm profile photo
September 11, 2018

Review: "Trust, Automation, Reliance...TIBCO Spotfire."

TIBCO Spotfire is an integral tool for data analytics and data wrangling by my organization. Currently TIBCO Spotfire is being used for my professional research interests and has been an integral framework for reiterative tasks. TIBCO Spotfire has been able to handle all of my data wrangling problems with analytical precision with a flexible and responsive user interface!
  • Analytics
  • Wrangling
  • Aquisition
  • Automation
  • EMR Support
  • User feedback
  • Implementation algorithms
  • Task Analysis
When exporting a visualization to an image, an image will now use the visual theme of the analysis, and the image is exported in a higher resolution than before. There are also right-click context menu option to export an image to a .png file, and also to copy the visualization image to the clipboard so it can be pasted into a document or presentation. Great visualization techniques.

Improves clustering algorithm techniques. More agile development.
Read Mathew Dusharm's full review
Kripesh Kutty profile photo
September 05, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Smart, secure enterprise class analytics platform"

It's being used across the enterprise. It helps different groups build their own reports and we do build reports which are viewed enterprise-wide.
  • Good user management
  • Good visualizations
  • Easier to lean and share
  • More custom visualization support
  • Something like Microsoft Power BI where they have a whole community from where custom visualizations can be downloaded and used within a few clicks. This is for users to use different visualizations other than what comes out of the box.
  • Some of the options that are used are too buried to easily locate.
TIBCO Spotfire is well suited for historical data analysis and data visualization, but not well suited for the scenario that requires consolidating the data rapidly changed in a real-time manner.
Read Kripesh Kutty's full review
Quang-Hoa Hong profile photo
September 04, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire in Oil and Gas"

Spotfire is used within only my department to analyze oil and gas parameters pertaining to drilling, completions, and production operations as well as geological attributes. All of these values were poured into Spotfire to try and determine their relationship between well performance. Optimization on all levels of upstream operations was the purpose of Spotfire in this case.
  • Ability to look at multiple types of data at the same graph
  • Ability to post data onto a map to better visually compare them
  • Ease of use when manipulating data on a graph
  • More built-in functions for basic users to manipulate data within the software (sort of like Excel vlookups, match, and index functions)
Like all analytical tools Spotfire is dependent on the quality of data going into it. You can easily spot out discrepancies in data and correct them.
One weakness is becoming caught up in correcting data while hampering your progression.
Read Quang-Hoa Hong's full review
Rajat Wadhwani profile photo
December 08, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Simply Powerful for Data Visualization"

It is being used to create dashboards which helps to make business decisions which are data driven across the whole organization. It helps to generate value out of data which otherwise would have been lying around.
  • Great variety of charts/graphs which one can choose to visualize data
  • Platform to code in Iron Python makes it really powerful.
  • Very well integrated with other platforms.
  • Takes great deal of time to understand each and every functionality.
  • The application sometime crashes if a database is huge
  • Need a plugin to export live data and update as the data flows
Data Analysis is a hot topic nowadays and Python is used extensively to analyse data and create visualizations but everyone is not comfortable [with] geting visualizations. Spotfire is really a very powerful tool to create visualizations.
Read Rajat Wadhwani's full review
Dave Williams profile photo
December 01, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Data discovery in minutes"

Initial use started with quality organization but has expanded to sales, services, manufacturing and procurement.
The speed of development and flexibility of the data presentation capabilities and data ingestion independent of data source makes the time to solution appreciated.
  • Easy to add new JDBC data sources and expose data for analysis
  • Easy to create multiple visualizations and link them between dependent data and filters
  • Easy to extend with Python Scripting
  • Date handling and creating hierarchies very good.
  • Axis scaling is not easy to achieve logical values especially with multiple scales
  • Prompts for data selection inputs to a query is not user friendly and requires work to build into analysis
  • No versioning or autosave exists on creation and library
  • Easy for general analytics and not overly complex data security requirements.
  • Great when users have a good familiarity with the data.
  • More complex when source and row or column level security needs to be applied
Read Dave Williams's full review
Jeffrey Molloy profile photo
July 30, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire help handle the chaos."

I do not know about other users within the college, but I am using Spotfire for multiple purposes. Within my department, I have used Spotfire to perform exploratory analysis on class enrollment and management. A goal of the analysis was to evaluate conflicts that would be seen by the typical student in enrollments. I am a teaching faculty member as well and am considering developing an experiment on various data analysis techniques with chemical data.
  • Spotfire can handle large datasets by design.
  • Visualizations are linked, so one view can be used to establish the critical data, but different views can be used to present and clarify the data for different stakeholder groups.
  • Because data can be integrated from different sources, recent information that may not be fully probated can be included in an analysis with established data.
  • There are times when I want to look at local data quickly, but every time I start up Spotfire it hijacks my web browser to require login to the Cloud. This design is particularly vexing if I have no internet access. I understand that this is the design, but it does not mean I have to like it.
  • Startup can be slow.
We deal with a number of situations where Spotfire is useful. There is analysis of student patterns, safety incidents, and I am interested in showing how exploratory data analysis can be performed with multiple methods. Multidimensional data has become far more prominent in current instrumentation.
Read Jeffrey Molloy's full review
Andrew Pruet profile photo
July 30, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire with TERR and Python"

We use Spotfire in many ways. Primarily, it is a fast data wrangling tool that lets you dig through and visualize data very quickly. Our team, in particular, uses it to look at oil and gas production data. In addition, we use Python and R in the backend to build more advanced applications.
  • Automating building decline curves for oil and gas wells.
  • Reading and writing to and from Oracle database with Python or information links within Spotfire.
  • Looking at competitor data across the Permian Basin. Utilizing IHS data to see every well in the Permian Basin.
  • Spotfire’s TERR and bass R are not totally compatible, especially for CRAN packages.
  • IronPython does not run transactions sequentially which can make development difficult.
  • IronPython API reference material is terrible and of virtually no use.
  • General bugs with Spotfire itself. Example: restarting Spotfire can cause certain things to start working sometimes.
Well suited: drilling through lots of categorical data that is linked to numeric data. Interactive maps. Interactive plots. Using data, analytics, and visualization in sync.

Bad: lots of user inputs, heavy script development (no version control), big data (everything stored in memory and begins to lag with > 2 gigs of data loaded)
Read Andrew Pruet's full review
Kyle Jordison profile photo
July 23, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire - Engineers and Geologists Getting Along"

We use Spotfire to analyze relationships between reservoir engineering, geological and operational data.
  • Spotfire allows quick visualization of large and often complex data sets.
  • Spotfire allows the integration of data from differing oil and gas disciplines that serves as a bridge for analysis, discussion and presentation.
  • Spotfire allows us to look for relationships in our data from different angles quite easily. If we can dream it, we can do it with Spotfire.
  • I wish that Spotfire had a better method of producing a probability distribution chart. I have been through the online workflows, but still wind up using Excel for this most of the time.
  • While I have gotten better with the Custom Expressions, it would be nice to have them simplified a bit more.
I think Spotfire is well-suited for any industry or situation. I can't think of any scenarios where it would be less appropriate.
Read Kyle Jordison's full review
Germán Mandrini profile photo
July 19, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire in Precision Ag"

I am doing a Ph.D. working with precision agriculture and variable rate technology. Since response patterns are variable and change by field, year, genotype, I use Spotfire to dynamically graph the response and detect those patterns. It's a powerful tool for data exploration.
  • Explore data and detect patterns
  • Provide suggestions for different types of graphs that could be done
  • Many times I want to use the same data but show different years in different tabs and I would like to have the option of applying different filters by a tab.
  • Fitting curves could have more options for differential equations and show the parameters with more decimals (or at least give the possibility to the user)
I used this software when I worked in Pioneer Hi-bred. I like it so much that now I'm using it in my Ph.D. and recommending it to my professors and people on my team. They are starting to use the map options, to map all the trials we are conducting in different parts of the world and filter them according to different options like crop, year, country, state, etc.
Read Germán Mandrini's full review
Christopher Belis profile photo
July 02, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Very nice quality for a small price!"

Spotfire was used by the management (myself) on 2 levels: implementation for marketing/finance departments, internal use for any data mining. The purpose was to ensure to know what is in the data, of both internal and external clients, to then explain them the output of analyses and finally help them with making decisions, creating plans, etc.
  • Getting info from several data sources
  • Unlimited quantity of data
  • Interactive dashboarding
  • Available on Windows only
  • Mobile application not that well developed - let's say this is not really adaptative to the screen size
  • Sometimes it is a bit too long to sync data sources
  • Geo data were quite complicated to implement and configure
Spotfire is a nice tool when you want to complete different data sources together; with interactivity when selecting data. Honestly, this seems more marketing and finance oriented, with some weaknesses and limitations with geodata or when you really want to get very deep in data mining. This remains possible but a lot of configuration is needed, and sometimes the result is not that good. But for basics in BI, this is a nice tool, with a very good price!
Read Christopher Belis's full review
Alex Walton profile photo
June 21, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire: the Wild West of BI Tools"

We are converting from one tool to Spotfire. We need to match functionality from the other tool into Spotfire. It helps business users spend less time creating reports and more time making decisions
  • Highly Customize able with HTML, Python, R and others. If you can think of something and know the code, it is open format for you to deliver those results.
  • Good amount of charts to display information to tell stories better about your data.
  • Easy to connect to multiple data sources, regardless of if its in database or flat file.
  • Our user base is missing functionality in Spotfire that causes our users to export Spotfire data into Excel, which causes more headaches. Spotfire could do a much better job providing self service functionality.
  • Development beyond basic charts requires knowledge of programming languages
  • Several times I have completed the creation of a report and later I had to make a small change. This change requires me to go through the entire report creation process again.
Quick and easy access to data, with web portal to share information. being able to take manual reporting out of the equation is really great as well. I have found that while the tool is highly custom, there is less development resources available online, so there is a bit more self solving required with this tool as the community matures.
Read Alex Walton's full review
John Steinhauser profile photo
October 01, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Makes Big Data a Little Less Overwhelming"

I am using it in a Petroleum asset development class in the Petroleum Engineering department at Texas A&M University. So far, I have really appreciated how I can use Spotfire to wrangle and evaluate large amounts of data. My team is just in the beginning phase of applying it, but I have used it in the past at other companies and it has been crucial to my work.
  • Handles large data sets.
  • Creates great visualizations.
  • Combines multiple data sets and helps me compare them.
  • Navigating the coding is a bit challenging.
  • Editing data sets in Spotfire would be nice. You can only look at data you input into the program.
  • Exporting visualizations to powerpoint only lets you make a whole slide. Making a well scaled image would be awesome.
Awesome for evaluating large sets of data. Not as much when you're looking at just 1 or 2 relationships in your data.
Read John Steinhauser's full review
Arun Kumar profile photo
September 27, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "On the spot"

Being used for teaching data analytics module to students
  • Visualisations such as scatter plots, density plots, and table manipulation and presentation, are very good and useful
  • Regression analysis: training, evaluation and prediction aspects are presented in a very intuitive manner
  • Ability to creation customised user controls using the text area, and also the filters based on the table content are very good aspects
  • Forecasting: Currently we are not able to download forecasted values, nor are we able to see the values using tooltip. Even Excel is able to do a better job for this particular aspect.
  • Classification Tree: Presently there is no graphical output; possible to use r code, but it's cumbersome
  • Logistic Regression: They need to provide users with the choice to either create one model for a single class (based on user choice,) or create a model based on two models (for both classes) and use of method such as Bayesian posterior probability calculations.
Well Suited: Spotfire analysis models can be used in Streambase for streaming data analysis.
Read Arun Kumar's full review
Obiageli Nnaji profile photo
September 06, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Analytics at your fingertips"

TIBCO Spotfire is being used across my organization for business plan and KPIs tracking, wells and reservoir surveillance, asset management, etc.
  • TIBCO Spotfire is user friendly. You don’t need programming experience to be able to work with Spotfire
  • Ability to easily generate different types of visuals for your process/equipment.
  • Very easy to drill down to details using Spotfire
  • On Demand feature is very helpful
  • Easy to swap columns. Data may come in very unstructured
Very suitable for visuals, easy to use, intuitive, doesn’t need programming skills, easy to drill down to details, reports can be exported in different formats
Read Obiageli Nnaji's full review
Elena Rouco Chas profile photo
September 06, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Good software"

Mostly all of the departments use Spotfire right now. It’s a great tool to see the insights of the data and it’s easy to create dashboards
  • Easy to create dashboards
  • Easy to code
  • Linear optimization
  • Save automatically in case Spotfire stops working
It’s suited to create reports with large amounts of data.
Read Elena Rouco Chas's full review
Elisa Andujar profile photo
September 05, 2018

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Spotfire is a good tool"

This tool provides intuitive graphs and highly customizable elements. The appearance is similar to dashboards. You can use multiple data sources. I really think it's easy to learn.
  • Multiple data source
  • Multiple graphs or visuals
  • Importing data is very easy
  • The colors can be improved
  • Some of the features are hard to find
  • Lack of documentation
Spotfire is a great tool to create dashboards. It can be a data scientist's tool as well as a tool for building visual analytics.
Read Elisa Andujar's full review

Pixel Perfect reports (28)
Customizable dashboards (186)
Report Formatting Templates (160)
Drill-down analysis (183)
Formatting capabilities (193)
Integration with R or other statistical packages (143)
Report sharing and collaboration (174)
Publish to Web (145)
Publish to PDF (168)
Report Versioning (18)
Report Delivery Scheduling (109)
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.) (197)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization (175)
Predictive Analytics (150)
Multi-User Support (named login) (155)
Role-Based Security Model (130)
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete) (144)
Responsive Design for Web Access (116)
Dedicated iOS Application (79)
Dedicated Android Application (11)
3.9
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile (95)
REST API (28)
6.5
Javascript API (28)
6.5
iFrames (19)
6.2
Java API (22)
6.1
Themeable User Interface (UI) (29)
6.6
Customizable Platform (Open Source) (21)
6.3

About TIBCO Spotfire

TIBCO SpotfireⓇ is a data discovery and business intelligence tool with capabilities that range from colorful graphic visualizations for the entry-level user to in-depth statistical analysis. According to the vendor, their built in analytical engines help users utilize the results of data mining, help in-house intelligence analysts crunch proprietary numbers, and drive new business growth. The vendor also says they help anticipate opportunities and risks by seamlessly integrating predictive models and real-time event streams into user-friendly business intelligence solutions that work.

TIBCO Spotfire® Cloud provides the same business intelligence tools as Spotfire Desktop, with the addition of web authoring and unlimited sharing. Because it is software-as-a-service, it requires no installation.

Spotfire Platform is designed for larger deployments within organizations. According to the vendor, its differentiating hybrid in-memory/in-database analytics architecture supports the most demanding enterprise needs, easily scaling to thousands of users and limitless rows of data.

Spotfire is is deployed in companies in energy, financial services, manufacturing, consumer packaged goods, and life sciences industries.

TIBCO Spotfire Features

BI Platform Features
Has featureAdministration via Windows App
Does not have featureAdministration via MacOS App
Has featureAdministration via Web Interface
Has featureLive Connection to External Data
Has featureSnapshot of External Data
Has featureIn-memory data model
Has featureOLAP (Pre-processed cube representation)
Does not have featureROLAP (SQL-layer querying)
Has featureMulti-Data Source Reporting (Blending)
Has featureData warehouse / dictionary layer
Has featureETL Capability
Has featureETL Scheduler
Supported Data Sources Features
Has featureMS Excel Workbooks
Has featureText Files (CSV, etc)
Has featureOracle
Has featureSalesforce
Has featureSAP
Has featureGoogle Analytics
BI Standard Reporting Features
Does not have featurePixel Perfect reports
Has featureCustomizable dashboards
Has featureReport Formatting Templates
Ad-hoc Reporting Features
Has featureDrill-down analysis
Has featureFormatting capabilities
Has featurePredictive modeling
Has featureIntegration with R or other statistical packages
Has featureReport sharing and collaboration
Report Output and Scheduling Features
Has featurePublish to Web
Has featurePublish to PDF
Has featureOutput Raw Supporting Data
Does not have featureReport Versioning
Has featureReport Delivery Scheduling
Does not have featureDelivery to Remote Servers
Data Discovery and Visualization Features
Has featurePre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Has featureLocation Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Has featurePredictive Analytics
Has featureSupport for Machine Learning models
Has featurePattern Recognition and Data Mining
Has featureIntegration with R or other statistical packages
Access Control and Security Features
Has featureMulti-User Support (named login)
Has featureRole-Based Security Model
Has featureMultiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Has featureReport-Level Access Control
Has featureTable-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Has featureField-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Does not have featureSingle Sign-On (SSO)
Mobile Capabilities Features
Has featureREST API
Has featureJavascript API
Has featureiFrames
Has featureJava API
Has featureThemeable User Interface (UI)
Has featureCustomizable Platform (Open Source)
Has featureSmart Recommendations for Visualizations
Has featureConnectors: OData, Mongo DB, Apache Cassandra, Apache Spark, Attivio
Has featureEmbedded R Runtime Engine
Has featureK-Means Clustering, Holt-Winters Forecasting, Line Similarity
Has featureMulti-Layer Map Charts and Support for Shape Files

TIBCO Spotfire Videos (3)

TIBCO Spotfire Downloadables

TIBCO Spotfire Integrations

Google Analytics, Salesforce.com, Attivo Networks, TIBCO Simplr, Wordsmith by Automated Insights

TIBCO Spotfire Competitors

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
On-premise EditionPricing DetailsTerms
TIBCO Spotfire PlatformPlease contact TIBCO sales
SaaS EditionPricing DetailsTerms
TIBCO Spotfire Cloud - Monthly$200Per Month, Per Authoring Seat
TIBCO Spotfire Cloud - Annual$2,000Per Year, Per Authoring Seat
TIBCO Spotfire for Amazon Web Services$0.99Per Hour (Starting)
TIBCO Spotfire Cloud EnterprisePlease contact TIBCO sales

For Enterprise engagements, please contact TIBCO directly for a custom price quote.

TIBCO Spotfire Support Options