Reviews (1-25 of 297)
- Easy template spreadsheet reports and chatting for daily consumption
- Easy deployment of new features to users
- Easy application updating to users when addressing bugs in the app
- Ability to leverage emailing reports automatically for staff in office and away
- Upgrading the product is still clunky.
- Support website to search is poor. Google is friendlier to find what I need
- More granularity for permissions to the library
- Improve web player design to current web standards
- The location and geospatial analysis tools are excellent and are great at giving a geographical context to our data.
- If you are familiar with BI tools, TIBCO Spotfire is easy to set up and start using.
- There are several options to visualize your data in ways that are compelling and tell a story.
- We are a smaller organization so we always have to justify the cost (it can be a little pricey for smaller organizations).
- Not a bad thing necessarily, but the software is so powerful that I feel like my organization is only scratching the surface with its capabilities. We need some guidance and help with the more advanced features.
- We wish there was more robust documentation available online; it seems to be a bit lacking in certain areas.
- Report Automation
- Enforce data integrity.
- Visual interpretation of data.
- Guidance on what functions exist in Spotfire desktop version versus Spotfire Cloud version.
- Create Spotfire desktop version for Mac operating system that is comparable to Windows operation desktop version.
- Data Loading from multiple datasources and data connectors especially Information Links.
- Drill Down, Sharing and collaborating analysis.
- Support to IronPython, Statistical programming like R-Script, S+, MATLAB and analytical cababilities
- GeoMapping - WMS layes, TMS Layers, Recommendation Engine, Theme based dashboarding
- User Interface can be improved.
- Scope to add new charts like area chart, bubble chart.
- Great visualization.
- Retrieval of data by connecting to various sources like MSSQL Server, Access, Excel, Oracle, Txt file.
- Handling of many millions of records.
- Good security features.
- I see some areas where Spotfire can do an improvement when we do grouping. I see spotfire executes multiple times the same query for the grouping, instead if we can execute onetime get the data will be much more efficient. When executing the same query over and over again for many million rows is time consuming which slows down the performance of Spotfire.
- Data visualizations.
- Allows data sharing more easily with team members and colleagues.
- I use the visualized data in PowerPoint for client reference. Using graphics is much easier than words.
- The navigation within Tibco Spotfire is pretty confusing. The icons within Tibco Spotfire do not seem to be user-friendly.
- Not very convenient for smaller size data.
- The analyst version of Tibco Spotfire is quite expensive but since we are utilizing the platform almost fully, the paid is justified.
- It makes it easy for everyone to access data from a centrally managed location.
- It is able to handle and visualize very large data sets in memory
- By leveraging its scripting capabilities, authors to create very sophisticated and complex work-flows to easy-to-use solutions.
- It reduces the need for larger IT organization to support business needs, by allowing business users to become self supporting.
- Additional out-of-the-box visualizations.
- Repository/source control.
- Library to support storing other (non-Spotfire) files in order to have one repository.
If the need to analyze large datasets where users would like to interact with the data and interact with the visualization, Spotfire is the tool of choice. If you want to quickly simplify analytical work-flows to be used by others and have the option to use them on the web, Spotfire is the tool.
If you just want to create simple graphs from data, any tool (including Spotfire) can be used.
- Visualizing dataset.
- Categorizing data.
- Filtering data.
- Loglines and log scales need to be an option for the graphs.
- Titles and names should have more advanced options in a simple manner(no programming needed). Users should be able to specify the content from the table and formating for it.
- The search for the keyword in the filter needs to be improved.
- Labeling on the graph needs to be improved as they are not very good.
- Drawing order needs to be a simple option for line graphs.
Spotfire is less appropriate when encountering the listed improvement points. Some of the problem data processing/editings may be done by Excel but I wish Spotfire could have simpler ways to solve them.
- Cross tables. Most people call them pivot tables perhaps, from the excel version, but Spotfire does them so much better! Easier to build and arrange, and with tons more options than the excel pivot table.
- Mapping. The improved mapping capabilities of Spotfire along with its ease of use, allow you to build fabulous looking maps very quickly.
- Aggregation. Spotfire is built to aggregate, and it does this better and faster than anything else I know of.
- Screen resolution. Spotfire has always struggled a bit with getting everything to fit on the screen and with printing/exporting to other applications.
- Buttons. The latest version has moved a lot of the most used buttons, and put them into these sliding windows where you can't see them all the time as you could before. To me this is a great dis-service, because now I have to click multiple times to get to common functions.
- Advanced coding. Spotfire offers a lot of expandability through the Tibco Enterprise Runtime for R, but this requires an insurmountable knowledge of what different objects are called, and of the unique programming language that it uses. They market this feature heavily as one of the best things about Spotfire, but it is so incredibly difficult to use or to get started using.
- Pulling in large amounts of data. We used to use Excel and scripts but it struggled to handle so much data.
- Comparing data every which way you can imagine as well as comparing part to part, lot to lot, etc.
- Visualizing and displaying the data. We can analyze and compare quickly, then summarize and show visually concise graphs to management so we can make good decisions.
- The recent interface changes took some time to get used to.
It is less suited to small data sets and quick post processing. An example would be pulling in a data set of a few parts and then calculating a parameter like PAE or P3dB.
- Quick to plot complex graphs
- Capable of loading large data sets
- Add functionality for colour map (e.g offered in Seaborn Clustermap function in Python)
- Add functionality to calculate more cheminformatics-like columns like chemical scaffolds and similarity matrix calculations
- Improve trellis functionality
- Add functionality to add chemical structure within heatmap plot
- Scientific data exploration, high performance, statistical integration and SDK.
- Easy to work with REST API using ADS.
- Easy to use and create visual reports, more exciting design and layout for analysis.
- Need more manuals for training on the advanced features.
- Performance of data loading can improve more for a large set.
- There is no way to identify which DXPs taking up the server disk space it will be created, just one temp file.
- Import and Export can be improved as well you cannot export multiple objects at the same time.
It will be less appropriate in the case you have to load a large chunk of data in which the Spotfire query engine is not efficient to handle.
1: Connecting to all of the databases.
2: Easy to create reports and share with users.
3: Easy connectivity to all the databases and supports all the databases.
4: Easy installation and deployment.
5: Affective and experienced support team.
Connecting to the Azure SQL Database and SharePoint online, when we moved to SharePoint online we were facing an issue.
- Solving common problems through Spotfire's ROWID function. In geological data visualization, we often need to access unique values in individual cells, and this can be easily done through the ROWID function.
- Using TERR or R makes my work very easy in solving the first order differential equations.
- Performing hierarchical cluster analysis of stratigraphic sequences (Strata that have the same Depth in different fields).
- Sometimes there are too many options for data visualization. The user outfit should be simple.
- Spotfire should be easier on a system's memory capabilities. It should take less hard drive space.
- Based on common life case studies, more training programs should be offered that describe how to use Spotfire more efficiently.
- If possible, these training programs should be free.
- The fact that R can be implemented and used within Spotfire.
- Various data connectors that provide seamless connections to a huge number of data sources from Spotfire.
- An extremely powerful product, yet it's very easy to learn how to use it even on an advanced level.
- Great user community and customer support.
- Performance issues when it comes to very large data sets.
- Spotfire is quite expensive compared to similar tools on the market.
- The selection of visualization could be better and bigger.
It is important that Spotfire add more formatting features. We use the charts for presentations but are having a hard time actually formatting adequately.
TIBCO Spotfire Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About TIBCO Spotfire
TIBCO Cloud Spotfire® provides the same business intelligence tools as Spotfire Desktop, with the addition of web authoring.
According to the vendor, Spotfire's differentiating hybrid in-memory/in-database analytics architecture supports the most demanding enterprise needs, easily scaling to thousands of users and limitless rows of data.
Spotfire is deployed in companies in financial services, energy, manufacturing, consumer packaged goods, government, travel & logistics, helathcare, life sciences and more.
TIBCO Spotfire Screenshots
TIBCO Spotfire Videos (4)
TIBCO Spotfire Downloadables
TIBCO Spotfire Integrations
TIBCO Spotfire Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|On-premise Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|TIBCO Spotfire Platform||Please contact TIBCO sales|
|SaaS Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|TIBCO Cloud Spotfire - Analyst||$125/mo, $1250/yr||Per Seat|
|TIBCO Cloud Spotfire - Business Author||$65/mo, $650/yr||Per Seat|
|TIBCO Spotfire for Amazon Web Services||$0.99||Per Hour (Starting)|
|TIBCO Spotfire Cloud Enterprise||Please contact TIBCO sales|
|TIBCO Cloud Spotfire - Consumer||$25/mo, $250/yr||Per Seat|
For Enterprise engagements, please contact TIBCO directly for a custom price quote.
TIBCO Spotfire Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
TIBCO Spotfire Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||Available in all regions|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, French, German, Portugese, Chinese, Italian|