Jaspersoft - It's OK...
Updated May 11, 2018
Jaspersoft - It's OK...
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Jaspersoft
- We embed TIBCO Jaspersoft into our commercial application(s) that we sell to customers
- We embed TIBCO Jaspersoft into our internally used application(s)
Our software platform contains a Reporting Server component - and we are currently using Jaspersoft for that purpose.
- Once installed, it is easy to configure and get up and running.
- It integrates nicely with our software platform.
- The support from TIBCO is pretty good when you are speaking to them in person.
- The installation process is complicated.
- The update process is complicated.
- It is difficult to download the appropriate installation files from the TIBCO website.
Jaspersoft is the only Reporting Tool we are currently using, so it's difficult to say whether there has been a positive or negative impact.
- Jaspersoft Standard Support or Professional Standard Support for AWS (12 annual cases)
- Jaspersoft Community
Very important - many of our clients have specific IT requirements and we need products which are flexible. For example, the default metadata Database is PostgreSQL, but some clients do not allow PostgreSQL in their production environment and so we need the ability to deploy using an Oracle Database (for example) and Jaspersoft does this nicely.
We have now got the installation process internally streamlined and so the installation and configuration is not too much of an issue for us any more - but any time that we have to make any configuration changes (i.e. Hotfix) then there is always a period of troubleshooting to add this into our existing process.
TIBCO Jaspersoft Feature Ratings
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Support understands my problem
Quick Initial Response
The learning curve to complete the implementation was quite steep, and there are a lot of moving parts within a Jaspersoft deployment which can make it a challenge. However, we have now reached a stage where we rarely run into any implementation issues as the level of knowledge has increased sufficiently.
We have been able to find answers to questions either using internal knowledge, by contacting support or by reviewing online documentation.
Using TIBCO Jaspersoft
10 - A mix of Technical to understand the environment, and analytical to build Reports
TIBCO Jaspersoft Support
Yes - Yes, we reported an issue with SQL Server and received good support to determine the cause and then resolution.
TIBCO Jaspersoft Reliability
We haven't really started to explore the scalability of the product as yet, but in terms of existing deployments it has done what we need it to do.
There have been a few instances where Tomcat has consumed 100% CPU, which requires a restart to resolve, but other than that reliability has been excellent.