Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Spotfire Platform
We use Spotfire to quickly evaluate large oilfield data sets. We gather mainly oil and gas well production and completion information pulled from IHS, drilling info, rig data and frac focus. We can quickly look at trends and cause and effects based on what different operators are doing. It has become a go to tool when building type curves and other technical materials.
- Analyzes data very quickly.
- Allows for easy manipulation of axis and plot/chart styles.
- Handles large data sets with ease.
- Formatting for presentations and output leaves much to be desired.
- The ability to customize the appearance of outputs and visualizations is lacking and severely limited, especially when trying to conform to corporate branding.
- It is missing many of the familiar functions and tools that are present in the Microsoft office suite and it could integrate better.
Better at handling large volumes of data quickly and with limited processing horsepower.
TIBCO Spotfire is great for analysis and number crunching; poor for outputting into client presentations.