Overall Satisfaction with Trend Micro Deep Security
Trend Micro Deep Security is being used throughout the organization. We use the agentless security to protect our server environment. We are able to push this out to servers on demand and make sure they are protected upon boot while not using server resources while protecting the VM's. We also use this to protect our desktop/laptops with the full agent.
- Agentless Security
- Immediate protection upon boot
- Central Management Console
- DSVA easy deployment
- Agent based security on Desktop/Laptop and error reporting is very difficult to maintain.
- Support is very slow to respond and resolve issues.
- Price point is on the higher end in the agentless marketplace.
- Once setup it provides easy AV installation and management in a virtual enviroment.
- Agentless allows for no boot storms in a VDI enviroment
- Trend notifier on the VM's give the users the visibility that they are protected and also can be used on software inventory systems to show that the VM's are protected even though the real protection is at the hypervisor level.
We selected trend micro to take the AV scans and filtering out of the hands of the Windows and Linux vm's we have deployed and move it to the hypervisor level. This has led us to be able to deploy only a single DSVA per host and can protect all VM"s that are on that hosts. This has allowed for more time being spent on other priority security tasks.
Hypervisor based agentless security this product excels at. It provides thorough protection for your VM's. The web filtering product that comes with it also does a great job filtering out malicious websites from being accessed by users with a very user friendly prompt that they are going to a website which has been found to be malicious. This is particularly useful when it comes to VDI.