July 23, 2015
Score 9 out of 10
- Time & Expense
- Job Costing
- Paid Time Off
Overall Satisfaction with Unanet
Our company is using Unanet for time and expense tracking as well as billing/invoicing and project costing and analysis. This is being used across the whole organization and is easy to set up and very user friendly.
- It is scaleable and cost-effective. It allows you to set up an operation for a startup company and scale it accordingly, including costs, as you grow. It can implement as little or as much rigor as you desire into your finance and accounting operations. We are excited to further understand and eventually implement Unanet financial as it seems to be on a strong trajectory in its early stages.
- It is very user friendly. Being used throughout all departments, there are not many parts of Unanet that a user will not be able to figure out pretty easily.
- It is very nice for tracking all people and projects in the same place and makes it easy to calculate loads and margins on specific people and projects.
- The billing module does not offer enough diversity. For example, Unanet does not have the capability of billing daily rate invoices - only hourly or fixed price.
- Tracking expenses was quite difficult for us at first as it is hard to track expenses (by voucher # or by date). Assuming you invoice by date, if a new voucher is entered after you invoice, it will never be recognized. Once we implemented the billing module, this tracks it much better though.
- Increased employee efficiency - less back end work for incorrect submissions.
- Better results with profit analysis of profits on an ongoing basis.
It is much better than QuickBooks, but not quite as thorough as Deltek. A great product for the price though!