Highly Recommend Unanet
November 17, 2019
Highly Recommend Unanet
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Unanet
Unanet is currently utilized in several ways within our organization - accounts payable, accounts receivable, timekeeping, and project tracking. Unanet provides real time data which allows for more up to date project numbers and faster billing capabilities.
- I love the real time data the system provides. When using previous software like Deltek GCS, the timesheets had to be imported to the system after each time period. This made the system 2 weeks in arrears and there was rarely real time data. With Unanet, as soon as any time is added to a timesheet, it shows within reporting so that all of your project data is real time. This really helps our managers track available funds and hours on their contracts.
- Controls. With Unanet, you are able to ONLY allow access to charge to contracts that the employee needs access too. In other systems, all projects are available to the whole workforce causing inaccurate timesheets. Unanet eliminates these errors by only allowing employees to see charge codes that they have been assigned to. Also, there is not a way for employees to accidentally add an ODC code onto their timesheet within this system.
- Project tracking functions. We are in the early stages of setting up the PM Scoreboard now BUT this is going to be a great tool to allow our managers to track projects, funding, hours, profitability, etc quickly and in real time.
- Built in PR/PO system. Unanet has a built in purchasing system that allows you to create purchase requests and purchase orders that are tied to contracts and specific ODC codes. Companies are able to set up specific routing for approvals based on projects and/or a dollar amount.
- Rounding issues. There seems to be inconsistencies with rounding. You can run the same report with a few different views and receive a different number, usually off by a few pennies. This makes things more difficult with checking payroll against labor costs within the system and for billing purposes.
- Roles for reporting. There seems to be some issues on what roles are needed to allow managers to see required information on reports but not allow to view more than what is needed. To try to eliminate some of this confusion, we created a 'test' employee within the system which we give access to projects and roles to test what the managers are actually seeing before giving them the access within the system.
- Unanet has improved our timesheet completion time drastically which leads to faster billing time. This helps get revenue in the door faster which has been huge for a small(yet growing) business.
We were previously using Deltek GCS. Deltek stopped the support for this software so we were forced to change to a new product. We reviewed Costpoint, a Microsoft product and Unanet. We selected Unanet because it had all of the features we were looking for in a new software and it was very user-friendly.
Every time I have reached out to customer support, they have been very helpful and resolved my issue very quickly and efficiently.
Do you think Unanet ERP GovCon delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Unanet ERP GovCon's feature set?
Did Unanet ERP GovCon live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Unanet ERP GovCon go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Unanet ERP GovCon again?
Unanet is a great system and has really helped our managers gain more insight to their projects. We have faster timesheet completion rates which leads to faster billing. We have been very happy with the system but there are some trial and error scenarios where it takes us some time to actually get the data needed or use the system the way we need it to be utilized. Thankfully they do have a great support staff that assists with issues as they arise.