Overall Satisfaction with Veeam Backup & Replication
I have used the actual backup suite to fully back up Vmware VM's for a external site which has always been a simple and straightforward procedure. I have recently used Veeam Backup & Replication to transfer vms from an old 5.5 vSphere to a new esxi platform and that was a breeze. Not having to use WinSCP saved me a ton of time and I would recommend to use Veeam for this use case or to backup small sites as it makes it simple and easy to use!
- Cloud-hosted VMs within AWS or Azure
- Automating test restores to validate recoverability
- Failover or recovery scripts/plans for orchestrated recovery
- “Instant” recovery or portability between platforms (physical > virtual > cloud-hosted)
- It can create backups quickly and restoring vms seems to be a very straight forward process
- Veeam can be used to migrate vms from old bare metal hypervisors to new cloud/or new metal hypervisors.
- Alerting admins on failed backups is easy to read and understand and give direction on how to fix for most issues I have seen.
- Needs to be able to backup linux and mac instances as we have some use for that
- I have heard nightmares for the cloud based backups and due to that I have steered from that attempt and went with a different company.
- License costs could be better as the market has gotten more competitive in recent years.
Do you think Veeam Data Platform Foundation delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Veeam Data Platform Foundation's feature set?
Did Veeam Data Platform Foundation live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Veeam Data Platform Foundation go as expected?
Would you buy Veeam Data Platform Foundation again?
In one site I have, about 20 vms total on baremetal vmware host. The site has not grown at all and will be the current standard for smaller site to use Veeam.
- Veeam has made backing up a site that has limted IT support easy and nice to manage
- I wasn't involved in purchases but when we purchased I knew it was at a good price
- I use the platform to help make other sites up to date using the vm transfer which is just an additional piece of the suite that Veeam offers.
We didn't have a backup solution for smaller sites we operate at. We looked at competitive options and found that Veeam matched our needs at the price we were okay at.
We don't use the cloud options, its a local backup to a nas onsite. Future is to look at the cloud options but this is where the market gets completive.
We currently use this to backup our fileshare to a local nas. Veeam Backup & Replication made it easy to target the vms that were critical and made scalability easy while being simple to deploy.
I would say if you have a small company 20 vms or less this product is great to use, but I feel if I were to use it for a larger 100-500 vm scale it could be quite daunting. I feel that the ability to use a free software to move vms from older platforms to newer vmware versions is a great extra addition.