Overall Satisfaction with VEGAS Pro
I began using Sony VEGAS 6 in 2006 as an introduction to an affordable way to learn video for music production. I am primarily self taught and when I started using it there was for me a very slight learning curve since I had been using Sony Acid Music software. I found it to be very easy to use after a lot of trial and error. I have produced a lot of very good projects. And I found that since it was purchased by Magix they have added quite a bit of very useful capabilities that have elevated it (in my opinion) to be very reliable. I have consistently updated it and I am at version Magix VEGAS 17 Post and they have just released 18 with even better functionality than the previous version. It has the capability to open the project from multiple video editing platforms (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, etc) which allows the ability to work on different projects. And depending on how creative the user is it is undistinguishable from the aforementioned editing platforms.
- It is easy to learn with patience.
- They are constantly upgrading the platform to keep up with higher end NLE systems.
- It functions (to me) better when dual monitors are used, but a single screen is good if you don't mind moving the timeline functionality around.
- It would be good if it was available in the Apple format.
- It is advisable to download multiple codecs that would allow one to open different video formats.
- Make sure that your computer has enough memory to handle the demands you put on your computer.
- I use a Macbook Pro with Bootcamp on Windows 10.
- Works very well with an improved workflow.
- In my opinion it is a very good ROI.
- It has shown to be a very good choice for me until I decide to learn something better.
I had Adobe Premiere but I don't like having to subscribe. VEGAS Pro is a one-time purchase which was a better economical and financial decision for me. My friends that are editors didn't like when Apple changed Final Cut so I did not elect to use it when I had the chance to. I believe it is just as good as other platforms just not as high profile.
There is little to no support in response to technical problems that are usually computer based. I have IT support from friends who have assisted me in working thru issues.
Do you think VEGAS Pro delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with VEGAS Pro's feature set?
Did VEGAS Pro live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of VEGAS Pro go as expected?
Would you buy VEGAS Pro again?
I was working to reimagine a client's video done by another editor and it worked very, very welI. However, I had to reallocate my memory (16 Gigs) in order to accommodate Vegas Image and I still don't have enough to effectively use it the way I need to so I will have to work to solve this issue until I upgrade my computer.