VEGAS Pro Reviews

Emily Keener | TrustRadius Reviewer
I had bought a license for VEGAS Pro in grad school and I have since kept it up on my computer. Since we do not have an institutional license for a specific video editing software, VEGAS Pro has come in handy for many projects where I need to trim or edit a video, add a text overlay, or splice audio.
  • Simple timeline video editor.
  • Basic clip transitions.
  • Easy audio splicing.
  • Links to programs like Audacity for audio editing.
  • Seems to be intended for novice video editors and basic projects (doesn't handle audio editing, for example).
  • Many of the clip "effects" are amateurish (crackling screen, screen spinning in a spiral, etc.).
  • Zooming into portions of the screen/panning can be cumbersome.
VEGAS Pro makes it VERY easy to make simple edits to a video - trimming, blending elements of different video and audio clips, layering text on screen. Although I wish it had a captioning feature and a few other elements that products like Camtasia have, ultimately I am a big fan of how easy it is to use VEGAS Pro. It does more than YouTube's video editor, but is easier to use.
Read Emily Keener's full review
Vince Koegle | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize Vegas Pro exclusively in our production department. Vegas allows us to maintain consistent quality of the audio productions we deliver to clients. Templates, presets, and ease of use make our team more efficient.
  • We use Vegas nearly exclusively for audio production. The editing tools are easy to use. The interface is laid out well, so it's intuitive.
  • Plugins are readily available and easy to use when needed.
  • Since Sony sold Vegas, the customer service has taken a decline...at least in my experience. I've had almost no success in reaching anyone by phone and the email support is not very quick.
  • It also seems that I experience more instances of Vegas closing without notice.
  • It would be nice to have the option to save project files in formats that can be opened by other editing suites.
Vegas Pro is a great option for video/audio editors, videographers, and filmmakers. If you're only doing audio production, it's a bit of overkill. It has a host of features you won't end up using...and potentially add to the visual clutter in the interface.
Read Vince Koegle's full review

VEGAS Pro Scorecard Summary

About VEGAS Pro

MAGIX Software headquartered in Berlin offers the VEGAS Pro line of video editing applications which combines the company's Sound Forge audio editing suite and a wide range of movie production features and effects.