Overall Satisfaction with Vembu BDR Suite
Generally it works, but it is a bit no-frills at the moment as the management capability of it needs more work.
It is used across the company to provide logical separation and single-pass backups of virtualized infrastructure.
- Single pass backups are good.
- Deduplication levels using the Vembu File System are good.
- Support levels are high.
- The web interface can be slow.
- The management of Offsite Dr isn't great.
- Storage utilization and management can be difficult.
- Backups are generally easier to manage.
- Management based on the level of reporting is more difficult.
The most important factor is reliability. It needs to work with very little management.
This is a bit more cumbersome using different parts of the suite to manage so I don't use it where possible.
Yes, the compression levels seem very good, although I am always conscious of running a file system on top of another file system.