Easy for a Novice!
Updated December 16, 2013
Easy for a Novice!
Score 10 out of 10
email marketing platform. It competes directly with ConstantContact and iContact.
- I admittedly am a limited user of Vertical Response. I do the data entry for our mailing lists, and we use Vertical Response fairly minimally. I think the interface is fairly easy for someone with limited experience to start using. If your staff has any sort of database management or mailing list management experience, they should be able to pick up using the application fairly well.
- Vertical Response allows you to quickly/easily search for people on the list to update details of their entry.
- Vertical Response has a simple dashboard that allows you to see the response to your most recent e-mails or to jump to another of the mailing, reporting, or list management functions.
- The type face is small. Not sure if this is to avoid overwhelming the reader, but I could see this being an issue with vision-impaired people or people who don't see small print well.
- Sometimes I find it takes multiple clicks to make one simple change. I wish there was a search field at the top of the screen that allowed me to jump directly to a client's entry to update it there.
- We are not a huge agency, so e-mail management is fairly new to us. We've been able to target specific donors, clients, funders, volunteers, by using Vertical Response's multiple and easy-to-use list system. While this may be common across many e-mail management systems, it doesn't take us multiple clicks to get to a list to manage it.
- We have been able to make some assumptions based on the reporting features about what people have clicked on and jumped to our site from, and have also been able to see what time of day is best to send mailings and which mailings (longer/shorter) are more thoroughly read.
The affordability of the product, as well as the options to interface with social media and to conduct reporting are all major reasons for keeping our subscription.