April 28, 2017
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Vidyo
Vidyo is an integral part of our company. We resell Vidyo to corporations. What sets Vidyo aside from the competition is its encoding and offline vidyo conferencing. It is a very reliable tool that works well on PC, Mac, and mobile devices. One huge drawback is the limited support for WebRTC. Basically, you need to install plugins that may or may not work to get proper browser support. The layout for the application might throw many people off and can be a huge drawback. Someone must really redesign the whole application and rebrand the company to be more friendly. Working with their API is a nightmare, everything hangs on a thread and bugs are not fixed but remedied. I wonder if the original developers quit and improvements are very slow now.
- Amazing video quality thanks to superior encoding
- Offline deployment makes it perfect for the government sector
- Dedicated vidyo hardware
- The design and the branding give little to be desired
- Customer support is below average
- The API must be rewritten and add more functions that are commonly requested.
- Project codes are not well maintained and hard to find.