Overall Satisfaction with VMTurbo Operations Manager
We are monitoring our host loads and VM distribution, VM sizings, and performance reporting for our executive team. As far as I know, we are the only department using the product. We use VMTurbo Operations Manager to keep from over provisioning our hosts and VMs. We also use it to seek and find groups of VMs with like characteristics and publish applications to them that fit the available processor and memory availability. Our VMTurbo team is constantly coming up with new views and statistics that are needed to do the next years projected needs, it's a great forecasting tool.
- Ease of dashboard navigation.
- Seems to have a small footprint on resources we want to be using for our computing, not monitoring.
- Technical support, and forums have been a great resource. Nothing we run into has not already been found, and the good search engine allows us to use the web for our support and not taking up time calling for help.
- It could use tags from Vcenter to create custom dashboards.
- Windows authentication for SQL database queries.
- Like Vsphere web client, flash is not the most secure application.
- No refresh button, if you refresh, you have to log back in.
- The ability to use it to do next year's budgets, before it was all possible and probable.
- Executives like to have a graph in front of them in reporting monthly meetings.
- Less time fighting issues, more time heading off issues makes for a happy management.
We are getting more integration into new features with VMware. If they put something out, I would love to see VMTurbo Operations Manager know it, and address it within the product so I don't have to go elsewhere, or create users outside of a normal active directory environment.