Overall Satisfaction with Webtrends Optimize
The Webtrends Optimize platform is used within our User Experience and Optimisation team. The platform is used in a variety of different ways from testing new creative ideas to de-risking projects through progressive roll out and throttling.
- Data - The insight you can gain from the Dashboards is invaluable and allows you to keep visibility of the test throughout its complete life cycle.
- Integration - Unlike most platforms Webtrends is very easy to integrate into your site meaning you can be up and running in no time.
- Cost - The best thing about an A/B & MVT testing suite like Webtrends is it provides the ability to test your ideas before building the idea into your core code base. This helps to provide significant cost advantages as it allows you to test early to see what improvements can be made and what are the potential ROI benefits of implementing change helping you to build a robust business case. Not only that but you can also use the software to mitigate risk through incrementally rolling out new ideas and monitoring the resulting impact.
- Flash based web platform - Meaning you can't access the Optimize website on iPads or iPhones (I personally find this annoying as I like to keep on top of the data on the move)
- Previewing factors once live - Once you have a test running and are seeing the data throw through you may identify experiments which you wish to view to interrogate further. Unfortunately there is no way of taking this experiment level and previewing it in your web browser/device to try and make more sense of customer behaviour
We currently have a strong working relationship which has been developed over many years.
No I feel any e-commerce business should have A/B and MVT testing as part of their online strategy as the potential rewards significantly outweigh the cost outlay. Not only that but the reporting trail you can report up the managerial ladder to justify budgets and costs is impressive i.e. We had this idea, we tested this and this was the outcome, for our IT to implement would cost X and we estimate using the results of the testing that X would be the ROI on investment