- Helping shape our optimisation roadmap. If you've been working on a website for a long time sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees. Webtrends provides us with a fresh set of eyes and opinions, as well as a wealth of industry-wide E-commerce and UX knowledge.
- They are excellent at hitting deadlines and providing accurate lead times. The account management team are really superb.
- So far I haven't encountered any problems.
Less appropriate: Testing is quicker with a lot of traffic. Don't waste time testing where there isn't any traffic.
- A/b Multivariate testing
- Content personalization and tailoring to various customer segments
- Variety of eCom optimization tools to increase sales and conversions
- Bit of a learning curve in order to take full advantage of the suite
- You may be missing out on the recommendations and full optimizations without a managed account
- Can be costly to have the full range of service for your account
Webtrends Optimize: "Optimize Review - skilled developers, knowledgable consultants and a positive ROI."
Currently we're using experimentation to identify market differences from global design, and to go deeper into these differences with further tests.
- Account management is key, and has been great for us. Our account manager is responsive, with plenty of input into our ideas and overall process.
- Access to the test results and reports is great as it helps to quickly get an idea of how the test is performing.
- Test plans are detailed and robust, covering a number of areas we'd previously not thought of, and giving us a clear overview / history of each and every test.
- We'd have liked to have a better idea of how the analysis is done, and how certain criteria / factors are calculated. As we're not all experienced in testing and/or BI we don't always fully understand why one metric indicates a certain result and others don't.
- We've used the simplified, self-serve tool before, but found that it doesn't have the functionality we'd like to be able to set up the type of tests we're after.
Webtrends Optimize Review: "Excellent consultancy, suitable for complex tests and in-depth analysis of test results"
Using the tool we find answers to specific business questions that come from different departments across the company.
- Excellent consultancy - the consultant that works on our account understands our objectives and comes with great ideas. He keeps us focused on our goals and helps us to get the learnings from the particular business question we are testing quickly. At the same time, he is always up for a challenge and we manage to build very complicated tests really quickly.
- The tool has the option to collect custom variables. This helps us to assess the results from a particular test in great detail and make informed decisions based on test results.
- Easy integration with any analytics tool which allows more in-depth analysis of test results.
- Easy implementation - it is just a copy and paste of the code. Takes seconds if you are using a tag container.
- Regular, detailed reporting for each test.
- Regular update on progress, and review meetings which allows us to address quickly any issues.
- The UI of the tool is not intuitive. However, the consultant assists with training and detailed step-by-step instructions how something works.
- Export of custom variables collected with a test could be improved - currently, data processing and preparation of the exported data could be time-consuming.
- Not a very flexible pricing model - upgrading the service on a temporary basis cannot be easily done.
- Great Consultancy service. The dedicated Optimization consultant is always available to help you with strategy, creative and implementation
- In-depth analysis reports.
- Intuitive user interface
- To force the experiment once it's live sometimes is time consuming because the clear-cookies Button is not enough
- Detailed UI with abundance of options.
- Easy and quick to implement.
- Powerful object framework that makes coding tests that much easier and faster.
- Good for complex tests but can be a bit unnecessarily time consuming to set up run-of-the-mill simple 'this vs. that' tests.
- UI can be a bit sluggish at times.
- - Segmentation, reports, metrics and general UI is clear and extensive.
- - Consultants are highly knowledgeable, supportive and continuously deliver to deadlines.
- - Ability to work in the UI for launch end-to-end AB/n and MVT test activity in-house
- A less generic package that can be further tailored to the needs of the specific company and industry.
- Conversion Optimization
- Understand their customer needs
- Research the localised market
- Make recommendations
- Work in a collaborative manner
- Adhere to time scales
- I would say some of the external tools to review test performance could be more intuitive
- Intuitive test set-up makes for a low learning curve.
- Ability to create custom data tables which enable exporting of visitor level data for more in-depth analysis outside of the Webtrends Optimize platform.
- Visual Editor WYSIWYG interface enables non-technical users to easily execute basic tests.
- Inability to configure multiple segments or targets within a single test - a separate test must be set up for each individual segment - which leads to significant inefficiencies in both test set-up and reporting. This makes segmentation discovery difficult, and hinders an effective targeting strategy.
- There are no pre-configured integrations with other data source - integrations must be done client-side.
- We've experienced high timeout rates compared to other tools that we've used, which results in a relatively high number of visitors that are served the default content and are not included in the test. This presents several issues, but one being that it can take significantly longer to reach sufficient sample size for a test.
- More extensive documentation and support content pertaining to some of more advanced topics (e.g. data tables, integrations) would be helpful.
- Data - The insight you can gain from the Dashboards is invaluable and allows you to keep visibility of the test throughout its complete life cycle.
- Integration - Unlike most platforms Webtrends is very easy to integrate into your site meaning you can be up and running in no time.
- Cost - The best thing about an A/B & MVT testing suite like Webtrends is it provides the ability to test your ideas before building the idea into your core code base. This helps to provide significant cost advantages as it allows you to test early to see what improvements can be made and what are the potential ROI benefits of implementing change helping you to build a robust business case. Not only that but you can also use the software to mitigate risk through incrementally rolling out new ideas and monitoring the resulting impact.
- Flash based web platform - Meaning you can't access the Optimize website on iPads or iPhones (I personally find this annoying as I like to keep on top of the data on the move)
- Previewing factors once live - Once you have a test running and are seeing the data throw through you may identify experiments which you wish to view to interrogate further. Unfortunately there is no way of taking this experiment level and previewing it in your web browser/device to try and make more sense of customer behaviour
- Clear analytics - the interface quickly allows you to access the key ROI criteria you are targetting
- Ease of setup - Easy implementation
- Comprehensive reporting - Reporting covers almost all analytic you could be interested in
- Interface accessibility - The interface in some instances can be hard to navigate.
- Allows digital marketing, eCommerce agencies to test web design and content options to improve website conversion outcomes.
- Allows creation and visualization of alternatives.
- Allows clients to easily see test options along side outcomes.
- Intuitive user interface.
- I used Webtrends to create various landing page and order form tests and felt pretty confident that the results I was getting were valid and projectable.
- It's far more difficult to set up tests than, say, Optimizely, which makes one less inclined to use it for random, off-the-wall tests.
Webtrends Optimize Scorecard Summary
About Webtrends Optimize
With Webtrends Optimize, users can perform quick and intuitive A/B testing or deeper, more robust multivariate testing in order to optimize their customers’ digital experiences across channels, devices and business units. And because an effective testing program is a combination of art and science, Webtrends provides a team of experienced optimization consultants and strategists who are dedicated to meeting an organization’s goals and helping them achieve exceptional results.
Webtrends Optimize Screenshots
Webtrends Optimize Competitors
Webtrends Optimize Technical Details