Overall Satisfaction with WhiteSmoke
WhiteSmoke Grammar and Spell Check Tool come with a pretty impressive set of features that help with all aspects of my writing and can work well in many places, including the WordPress editor. WhiteSmoke automatically checks everything I type in Word documents, emails, and the web. It is also excellent for consulting literary works such as short stories, essays, and articles. Eliminate grammar mistakes or reduce them substantially. It helped me a lot as a content writer coach.
- Very easy to use with no learning curve
- Writing Score checker
- Price payable
- It works fine in the browser and with the WordPress editor.
- A mobile app is an excellent option if you need a spell checker on the go.
- The style checker and plagiarism checker ensures that your writing is fresh, original, and pleasant to read.
- The WhiteSmoke Windows application is limited to 10,000 characters at a time. That is not 10,000 words. It's 10,000 characters, which means each letter, punctuation mark, and space. However, this problem does not apply to your web-based application.
- No free version.
- Slow customer service.
- The lowest price level only works within the browser.
- Provides some false positives.
- You need internet access to work.
- The translator function uses Google Translate.
- Even when writing simple letters, writers' block can be trapped. Fortunately, WhiteSmoke has a variety of templates that are designed to stimulate your writing juices.
- WhiteSmoke has a decent amount of product tutorials and videos that explain why certain features work a certain way and the typing conventions that trigger specific errors. It may not be helpful for everyone, but the tutorials help reduce the number of mistakes.
- If the difference between a colon and a semicolon, hyphens, and dashes, or even commas sometimes confuse you, you are not alone. Fortunately, the WhiteSmoke score detector can detect and correct these errors for you. But the WhiteSmoke score will not make any changes to your document without warning you first. WhiteSmoke will highlight mistakes first and then suggest substitutions.
- WhiteSmoke has a translator feature that can translate content into 55 languages. It also has a complete dictionary and thesaurus with parallel translations, usage examples, and compatibility with any text editor.
- It can be used anywhere, regardless of the device.
- Updated thesaurus and Dictionary support.
- MS Word add-in.
- Grammarly, ProWritingAid and Ginger
WhiteSmoke provides all the essential features you need in the spell and grammar checker tool at an affordable cost. From what I could see, in most cases, it identified spelling and grammar errors with the same level of precision as other programs like Grammarly or Ginger. I own Grammarly, Ginger, and WhiteSmoke, and I highly recommend Grammarly for my testing and use. I use Grammarly PRO every day. Ginger would be in second place and WhiteSmoke in third place. Be sure to also check the comparison between WhiteSmoke and Grammarly. Another tool worth checking out is ProWritingAid.
Do you think WhiteSmoke delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with WhiteSmoke's feature set?
Did WhiteSmoke live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of WhiteSmoke go as expected?
Would you buy WhiteSmoke again?
I like WhiteSmoke's spell and grammar checking tool. The interface looks clean, and I found it very easy to use. Most WordPress users will find the Essential level more than adequate for their needs, and at $ 10 / month, it has basic features that might be sufficient for most users. I think WhiteSmoke provides everything a WordPress user needs to make sure their site is free of grammar or spelling errors without costing them an arm and a leg. WhiteSmoke works seamlessly during the writing and editing process. You can save time and frustration and improve the quality of your writing. Overall, I would recommend WhiteSmoke, but I still think Grammarly and Ginger are much better grammar and spell checker options.