Likelihood to Recommend
Destinations with both membership/donations and admissions will benefit from Altru's capability to track revenue from all angles. As a pretty robust system, you'll find many ways to utilize Altru including through mailings and mailing lists, major donor moves management, merchandise, and online forms.
- Cloud based database provides access from anywhere we have internet access across our 40 acre campus.
- Constituent tracking provides powerful data tools to understand all points of contact with visitors.
- Basic and in-depth training programs offered, providing staff with the knowledge they need for successful use of the product.
- There is no online sales for merchandise.
- The way you have to set up events that span multiple days (such as camps) is currently very clunky and not user-friendly for online registration.
- The online shopping experience needs improvement. Visitors expect Amazon-level ease-of-use and Altru just isn't there yet.
Having used multiple databases to collect data from visitors across all of our points of contact, we found we had information, but no comparison between areas. It was possible to have a volunteer who made a donation, bought a membership, made purchases in the shop, and attended a workshop, but only visited the galleries 1x a year. The result was to have power users without knowing it. While each of the products we had used were fine in their own right, they lacked the ability to tell us what we most needed to know - how often we were used across all of our points of service. Altru gave us that.
Return on Investment
- We've had some minor issues with donors in multiple membership programs receiving the incorrect communications which querying should have eliminated, but on the whole, it's no more or less than with any system.
Manager in Customer ServiceMuseums and Institutions Company, 51-200 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?