- Cloud based database provides access from anywhere we have internet access across our 40 acre campus.
- Constituent tracking provides powerful data tools to understand all points of contact with visitors.
- Basic and in-depth training programs offered, providing staff with the knowledge they need for successful use of the product.
- Query system not user-friendly for management with limited database background.
- Limited company-to-user support outside of an online community of users. No long term account managers for program.
- No email analysis tools for eblasts.
- Limited merchandise capabiity for shop use, though the program does allow third party programs to work with it.
- Point of Sales system, which is very user-friendly, and easy to navigate.
- Member Database, which is easy to search through to locate information on patrons.
- Event Calendar and Listings, which is organized and color coded.
- Not ideal to use for e-blasts. It is difficult to manipulate and code through Altru.
- Registering and managing multi-day events. Altru does not have the capacity to "sell" registrants into multi-session events. You have to work around the system in order to account for attendees in each session of the event.
- Customizing web forms for program registration is a little bit difficult to figure out and to execute.
- Instant sharing of data across departments. When a visitor's address is updated at the front desk, that information is available immediately to our development staff.
- 360 degree view of our visitors. We can see all of a visitor's activity -- when they're coming to the museum, what events they attend -- which gives us a better understanding of their needs.
- Altru can be accessed from anywhere. If we hold an event off-site, we can still handle admissions/registrations so long as there is a network.
- Altru Tech Support is awesome! They are very patient and, if they don't know the answer, they find out for you.
- There is no online sales for merchandise.
- The way you have to set up events that span multiple days (such as camps) is currently very clunky and not user-friendly for online registration.
- The online shopping experience needs improvement. Visitors expect Amazon-level ease-of-use and Altru just isn't there yet.
- The system is very intuitive and easy to learn, especially the sales functions.
- The support resources are fantastic. From finding the answer by yourself on the knowledge base, to talking to chat support, to after hours support - I have had very good experience working with their support team.
- Being able to have all of the departments across our organization put all of their information on one platform is an amazing improvement to what we had before Altru.
- Since it is internet based, you can access it from anywhere - which is great when I am not in the office and need to fix something. I just jump on it on my phone!
- We would love to see the merchandise piece of Altru improve. Currently we use another POS system for our merchandise, because Altru does not support selling merchandise online. I would love to be able to use the same system across the board for all of our sales - tickets and merchandise.
- I wish the reporting was more encompassing. You can use query to build your own reports, but it can be time consuming to get exactly what you want. And there seem to be a lot of reports that give you similar information, just in different ways - which can be a little confusing at first.
- I really wish you could delete old events & price types. Even if they are attached to old orders, if there was a away to keep that history but get rid of the event &/or price type, it would clear a lot of junk out of our system.
- Combines multiple departments' data under "one roof".
- Interface is relatively easy to learn for basic tasks (e.g. daily sales) and query can be used for more complex interests.
- Support team is very knowledgeable and readily available; the Altru Community is full of other users who can also help you through your specific question or issue.
- We'd love to see more reports available. I initially spent a lot of time building queries to get the information we needed, and we often use queries for regular reporting.
- We do not use Altru for volunteer management because of its limited functionality.
- We've run into some software issues not limited to our organization, but these have been resolved in a timely manner.
Altru Scorecard Summary
Altru is an online ticketing solution designed to give arts and cultural nonprofits a 360° view of their constituents so they can drive an increased rate of return on marketing efforts, effectively manage general admission ticketing, strategically acquire and retain members and achieve revenue goals.
According to the vendor, this solution enables users to:
- Centralize all the information they need to know about their visitors, donors and members.
- Boost efficiency to focus on their mission.
- Streamline their external and internal communication efforts.
- Engage and cultivate visitors and supporters more consistently and effectively.
- Access the power of ResearchPoint directly within Altru
Altru’s pricing information is catalogued below, as supplied by the software provider or retrieved from publicly accessible pricing materials. Altru is priced as an annual subscription. This includes hosting, unlimited users, access to unparalleled product support – everything you expect from a complete cloud solution.
Altru Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Altru Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||United States|