<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.7 out of 101
Based on 87 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
It is suitable for making portable applications, with almost the same code for several platforms. You can access native features of the device or use an open source plug-in from the repository to create a local database and access the internal storage of the device. It is wonderful for the construction of a native application, through the use of standard web code. It is not recommended for enterprise applications.
I would recommend Mendix for large organization issues and applications. It is very robust and scalable. It is made to deploy quickly so changes and expansions can be made every step of the way. I would not recommend Mendix for very small projects because the costs of usage would just be too high.
- Cordova does an amazing job in the field of hybrid application is super easy to use and functional.
- Mendix is a great tool to support agile scrum working. It allows client and developer to work closely together, quickly creating iterations of functionality to support the business case.
- Mendix is a motivating tool to work with for developers. Most of the tedious repetitive programming work is taken away, allowing developers to quickly put together functionality and only diving into code when it gets interesting.
- Mendix's visual domain models are extremely strong. It makes it easy to see what's happening and the benefits from a good domain model are always clear later on in the project.
- It is not completely automatic since if you write individual style information for each platform objective, you can not make Córdova automatically apply the transormation at compile time; you have to change the linked style manually.
- The support is deficient in general.
- Configuration and use can be complicated as it requires the use of the command line.
- I think Mendix does a great job and have few areas of concern.
- It would behoove us to have Mendix deployed at other universities. Co-developing with other universities would be a tremendous boost for our operations and others.
- We are very interested in improving our game in the way we continue to develop our application. More on-line tutorials by expert staff, even if they required payment, would be preferable to sending employees to Boston or the Netherlands for expert training.
No answers yet
Based on 1 answer
A 10 would say I have nothing to wish for. A 9 means I haven't seen anything better.This tool really helps you in the whole creation and maintenace cycle, so from requirements to building/modeling to testing to deploying to capturing feedback.
No answers yet
Based on 3 answers
Response times are quick and you will get updates regularly about the status of your request. Even with very technical questions they have specialists that can help you with your problems it will give you an answer or help you with a work around.
Because of my initial success in another business using Mendix, I did not search for competing solutions when I built the Kermit application.
Return on Investment
- It has a positive impact in general. Cordova is really a great solution for web developers who want to bring their incredible ideas to devices, but they just do not have a lot of time to put into iOS and Android learning curves.
- Our biggest benefit was that the management of images for multiple devices.
- Developing with Cordova has drastically reduced the cost of cross-platform deployment.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Apache Cordova Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Mendix Editions & Modules
1. per month (billed annually)
2. per month (billed annually)