Mendix<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.7 out of 101
Based on 87 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
It is suitable for making portable applications, with almost the same code for several platforms. You can access native features of the device or use an open source plug-in from the repository to create a local database and access the internal storage of the device. It is wonderful for the construction of a native application, through the use of standard web code. It is not recommended for enterprise applications.
I would recommend Mendix for large organization issues and applications. It is very robust and scalable. It is made to deploy quickly so changes and expansions can be made every step of the way. I would not recommend Mendix for very small projects because the costs of usage would just be too high.
- Cordova does an amazing job in the field of hybrid application is super easy to use and functional.
- Using Mendix you can build an application in a week compared to building the same application in Java in 1 month.
- You can simultaneously build applications for all kinds of devices (Desktop, Mobile and tablets).
- All in one tool, in Mendix Modeler you can manage databases, webservices, Mendix code , Java code, etc.
- It is not completely automatic since if you write individual style information for each platform objective, you can not make Córdova automatically apply the transormation at compile time; you have to change the linked style manually.
- The support is deficient in general.
- Configuration and use can be complicated as it requires the use of the command line.
- Earlier versions lacked in UI/Ux. This is still improving.
- Since everyone and anyone can create custom add ons (widgets), Mendix could improve their quality checks (but not as rigid as eg Apple).
- Upgradeability used to be somewhat of an issue. Version 7 looks to be handling this better than previous versions.
No answers yet
Based on 1 answer
A 10 would say I have nothing to wish for. A 9 means I haven't seen anything better.This tool really helps you in the whole creation and maintenace cycle, so from requirements to building/modeling to testing to deploying to capturing feedback.
No answers yet
Based on 3 answers
Response times are quick and you will get updates regularly about the status of your request. Even with very technical questions they have specialists that can help you with your problems it will give you an answer or help you with a work around.
We evaluated off-the-shelf products for handling the aforementioned tasks. None of them were a good match; there were three primary reasons:1. Poor mobile viewing experience. Not one of the evaluated products used responsive design or would consider and adaptive approach without tremendous costs incurred by us.2. Cost of change was expensive and time consuming. The turnaround time to make even simple changes was days to weeks. With Mendix, we make simple changes in minutes and deploy to production.3. Cloud hosting was not an option. None of the evaluated products supported cloud hosting. We are all tired of on premise servers crashing, not getting updated, requiring down time, etc
Return on Investment
- It has a positive impact in general. Cordova is really a great solution for web developers who want to bring their incredible ideas to devices, but they just do not have a lot of time to put into iOS and Android learning curves.
- Our biggest benefit was that the management of images for multiple devices.
- Developing with Cordova has drastically reduced the cost of cross-platform deployment.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Apache Cordova Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Mendix Editions & Modules
1. per month (billed annually)
2. per month (billed annually)