Likelihood to Recommend
Integration with Microsoft Access - We use Access for a lot of different Queries, such as for our bar back to know the specifics of each bar. Caterease allows Access to pull data directly so all we have to do is run the report instead of entering all the information manually. Same with diagramming, having software like Placez that pulls from Caterease allows for such things as table and chair counts to be pulled directly from Caterease instead of having to place each individual table.
EventMobi is great for groups that need to have online as well as offline access to the app. It's user-friendly for the less tech savvy attendee and you don't need to have a technical background in order to build the app. It is well suited for all levels of staff to enter and manage information.
- The format is super easy to use.
- There is on-line chat provided whenever you have any questions. They answer almost immediately.
- There really isn't a limit on how much information can be added.
- The alerts are easy to use and go out immediately. You can also pre-program them.
- It’s a great program, but it’s missing some aspects that would be incredibly useful. It has the ability to store venues and locations that you’ve used in the past, but it doesn’t allow you to associate a tax rate with the saved venue. As our company handles events all throughout Southern California and tax rates are constantly changing, it would be nice to be able to assign certain tax rates to certain zip codes and venues.
- It can be a little finicky sometimes with its equipment conflict algorithm. There will be events In the system that have been marked as cancelled, yet it will insist that an event I am working on has an equipment conflict with it (even though that event is not going through). It will not let you save out of your event and, sometimes, will end up deleting all your changes and progress, which is incredibly frustrating.
- I wish there was a way to export PDFs of your proposals without re-saving your entire proposal. Sometimes, clients will ask for two versions of the same proposal with just slight changes, and it’s annoying to have to go in and completely re-do and save the proposal and have to adjust it back to the original.
- It would be nice if there was a way to see a history of all of the changes that had been made in a proposal, that would be great. Because we often have many hands on each event we do, having a comprehensive list of all the changes made to each proposal and the date and times, and users who made these changes would be an incredible asset.
- The attendee list is hard to keep sorted by last name.
Based on 1 answer
I have not had to use the support in my over 3 years of using Caterease. This is why I gave it a 9 rating because even though I haven't had to interact with support, the fact that I haven't had to use support speaks volumes to how good the software is and how it is user friendly.
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
I haven’t used too many other events programs in the past – at a former company, we used the back end of our website in order to create events, but Caterease is a lot more user-friendly. Our website wasn’t particularly fancy – it didn’t allow us to conflict check or see if there was another event at the same time. It was used for the sole purpose of posting the information to our system – not for creating full proposals. Caterease is much more effective for what we need to use it for in this context.
We really do not have any other experience with other apps. We like that Eventmobi is easy to use for both us and our clients. We can add attendee names with their picture and contact information manually or import them. We can add speakers, agenda, pdf hand-outs, hotel information, etc., easily.
Return on Investment
- Has made our team more efficient and be able to have a central place to store all info so everyone can access it.
- Manually printing BEOs has proven to be incredibly inefficient as they get updated quickly and often times just causes confusion and mistakes.
- It's nice to be able to generate contracts fairly quickly for clients
- We had an over 83% user adoption in the first year of use. Our exhibitors have reached a greater number of attendees and we've been able to engage students in ways that we haven't been able to in the past.
- The mobile app, paired with a greatly scaled down version of the paper program have cut our program budget in half and we are able to provide much more timely and accurate information to attendees.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?