Likelihood to Recommend
One major drawback of Cisco Routers is that it is quite expensive. It may not be the perfect budget friendly item for most small companies. However, it is highly accessible and reliable. Security concerns are next to nil so it is something one can rely on, without fearing frauds and security breeches.
Manager in MarketingHospitality Company, 10,001+ employees
Speedify VPN is well suited to a variety of scenarios and possible uses. Just as one example, we wanted to increase our speed without upgrading platforms or memory, so we looked into VPNs. We chose Speedify and could not have been happier. It has helped us increase connection speeds and has been rock solid reliable.
- Security. You can run VPN services on these routers along with core function of routing.
- Rate limiting for DDOS or traffic on WAN links can help to prioritise the actual user traffic.
- Routing. This is main feature of these devices and they do it really well.
Employee in Information TechnologyComputer Networking Company, 1001-5000 employees
- Firmware improvements as the routers (at least the models I used) can sometimes crash while setting up.
- In two RV042 that I had to configure and monitor, I had problems where they stopped working properly (crashes, loss of settings, bug). In another model, the VPN did not connect and only after a router restart did it work.
- Three WAN options on RV line.
Analyst in Information TechnologyLaw Practice Company, 51-200 employees
I haven't used other routers in my career. We evaluated Palo Alto but quickly realized we needed to stay with Cisco, as they never gave us a reason to change. Palo Alto also was a much greater financial investment we were not willing to take, along with the learning curve to support their hardware.
Difficult to say since I chose Speedify and have not yet used any other services. But based on my research, Speedify seemed to offer a better value fr the money, easier to install on various sets, and much better support. Thier support has been second to none and they have been right there when needed
Return on Investment
- It has helped increase IT productivity by making network management easier
- The yearly subscription fee is too expensive and isn't worth it
Professional in Information TechnologyConsumer Goods Company, 51-200 employees
- More productive end users due to higher speed
- Less time spent with our IT dept fixing viruses
- Less time with IT dept with speed issues as well
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Cisco Routers Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Speedify VPN Editions & Modules
- 1GB per user per month
- per user per year
- per user (5+) per year
- per Server per Year