Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Routers
Cisco Meraki series routers are used to provide wireless internet access to all employees within our organization. These routers are being used across the whole organization. Cisco Meraki Series routers solve the problem of router management, network access and policy management, security, and wireless connectivity. The router supports easy plug-and-play deployment and remote management via the web-based Meraki cloud platform without the need for wireless controllers. For network policies and security, the devices have a dedicated radio to identify rogue device intrusions, network attacks and to perform spectrum analysis. The devices provide data security using advanced encryption algorithms, a built-in firewall, and 802.1X authentication. For enhanced wireless connectivity, the devices provide high-speed internet using dual radio bands and support features such as 802.11ax, MU-MIMO OFDMA, band steering, beamforming, voice, and video optimization, Cloud-based RF-optimization, and advanced analytics capabilities.
- Access point management using Meraki cloud.
- network security using dedicated 3rd radio.
- Enhanced client connectivity using dual band radios and 802.11ax standard support.
- Voice and video optimization and application traffic shaping.
- Wi-Fi location tracking.
- Software-defined radios could be used so that both the radios could be converted into 5 GHz model to provide enhanced connectivity in network congestion scenarios.
- Support for low power IoT devices.
- Should provide more details about devices connected to the access points such as the risk score of the devices.
- Enhanced encryption algorithms and quick firmware upgrades.
Do you think Cisco Routers delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco Routers's feature set?
Did Cisco Routers live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Cisco Routers go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Cisco Routers again?
- Network management has become easy and fast with cloud based portal.
- Network policies could be rolled out quickly across the devices.
- Improvement in Network security.
- Stable internet connection has lead to less downtime and more productivity.
- Stable internet connection in each location within the organization.
Netgear and Dlink wireless routers also support cloud-based management, however, Cisco is the first one to implement a cloud-based centralized management portal. Cisco Meraki routers provide enhanced network security using Meraki Air Marshal wireless intrusion and prevention system. The devices support the latest wireless standards such as ODFMA Mu-Mimo, 802.11ax, 802.3af POE, band steering, and hardware-accelerated encryption. Apart from dual-band radios (2.5 and 5 GHz) to provide connectivity to clients, the devices implement a dedicated radio for security and RF management and another Bluetooth radio for beacon and BLE scanning.
Cisco Merika series routers are well suited for enterprise environments as they support plug-and-play deployment, high-speed internet access via 802.11ax and Mu-MIMO OFDMA, management via cloud-based web portal, network access control via application layer firewall and 802.1x or radius server-based authentication, guest access control using BYOD, secure roaming across the routers, presence analytics to identify clients and visitors behaviors. The devices have a radio to support Bluetooth devices. The Meraki series routers are not well suited to provide connectivity to low-powered IoT devices.