Likelihood to Recommend
Very good online option for flowcharts and other purposes; can be quite cost-effective, too, depending on how you use it.
Igloo is a well-suited option for teams/companies that want to build an employee intranet with some other interesting features, like file storage and sharing, internal communications, and resource and knowledge management. All of these features may help your workers increase productivity significantly by centralizing everything in one robust and reliable platform. However, it can be less appropriate if costs are a problem for you, due to the pricing. So, if you will not be using several features and just want an intranet for you company, you may want to go with another solution.
- Creately provides the same experience that other similar tools (i.e. Visio) provides, but presents it in a much more colorful, unique manner. The colors are vibrant, and my clients have always been impressed with the quality and feel.
- Creately provides a lot of creative control over how your images look. I can play with the opacity and color scheme, or use what they already provide.
- Creately also allows me to create wireframes for clients to review, whether desktop or mobile. I can create simple, easy to understand frames and concepts in minutes - they're super professional looking and ready to share.
- I like the pricing model. Right now I can pay month-to-month, or pay a one-time fee for a year. It's also less expensive than Visio, which is very nice.
- Notifications: Igloo can push email updates to users.
- Organization: Igloo allows for you to create pages, sub pages, and many layer deep sections. You can also organize the layout of your pages.
- Versioning: it's super easy to reserve and edit documents for offline use. And you can see who last edited a document and when.
- Offline access: there's a desktop version you can use very easily. It's really good for dropping a bunch of files at once.
- The transition Creately made this year to their new non-Flash platform seems to almost function like a beta release in some instances.
- Customer support sometimes takes a while to return and the responses are not always the best or most helpful. Follow up isn't great, either.
- Their UI is not used-friendly. Their use of Igloo-specific terminology made it difficult to understand how each function of the site worked. They would repeatedly say, for example, "a ___ is really a ___" vs. just calling it what the function actually is.
- Implementation was a far cry from their sales support. After basically nickel-and-diming you for everything, they - very poorly - cap your use of their implementation support team.
- Overall, Igloo didn't work for our organization because they do multiple things decently vs a few things excellently. The experience with Igloo was unremarkable.
Based on 4 answers
I haven't used Creately's support. I don't know what to rate this to be honest. If there was an "N/A," I'd use that. I like products where I don't have to do a lot of research or studying to learn how to use the software. Creately allows me to jump in and go.
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
In terms of pricing and functionality, Creately was the clear winner at the time, although the jury is still out on Creately's new version in terms of how simple it may be to use.
Return on Investment
- Creately is less expensive and dare I say more professional looking than Visio. It looks great at a fraction of the price.
- Creately allows me to share ideas and processes with my clients. It shows that I understand their business processes, and increases their trust in my abilities to work with them.
- Igloo has helped us gather all shared corporate information in one place.
- Igloo has helped us save a lot of time on communications and sharing.
- We have also solved the problem of communication failure between people.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
* per user
Creately Editions & Modules
- per user
|Creately Online Personal||6.951|
|Creately Team 5||$401|
|Creately Team 10||$801|
|Creately Team 25||$2001|
- per month
Additional Pricing DetailsWe offer deeply discounted prices for non profits, educational institutes and charities.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Igloo Editions & Modules