Likelihood to Recommend
Nudge.ai is well suited for individual contributors without enough time or resource to do proper research on clients/prospects. It may work as well for larger teams, but I don't have experience using Nudge.ai in that environment. Nudge.ai is easy to use, so the onboarding and ramp-up time is quick.
- Locates social media and news mentions of target companies and individuals
- Integrates seamlessly with Gsuite Gmail
- Info is presented in a very user-friendly manner
- The Gsuite add-on can be a little intrusive in that it takes up screen real estate
- Web dashboard is a little busy, so it can be overwhelming out the gate
- Some of the features are only available with the paid subscription—giving a "taste" would be helpful in assessing whether to pay or not
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 1 answer
We will definitely be renewing. The value for the price we are paying is solid, and we are interested in growing our use to see if we can expand on the value we are getting from Nudge.ai.
Based on 1 answer
Nudge.ai is fairly intuitive, so the need for support is minimal. I have only had to reach out to the support team a couple of times for minor issue. The response has been quick and issues resolved to my satisfaction in a reasonable time frame. I have no issues with Nudge support at this time.
Nudge.ai is in a fairly unique space. It isn't quite a CRM, it isn't quite a social or news channel. But, it has aspects of all. Nudge.ai was chosen because it allowed us to use one tool for multiple purposes. LinkedIn Sales Navigator is probably the closest to Nudge.ai but is less automated. Sales Navigator requires more setup and care and feeding. Nudge.ai just kind of works.
Return on Investment
- Haven't quantified, but saves hours of personal time researching.
- Keeping contacts/prospects top of mind keeps them from slipping away, so helps to avoid loss of revenue.
- Brings contacts/companies not on your target list into view, so adding pipeline and potential revenue.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?