LinkedIn Sales Navigator is a sales intelligence software solution offered by LinkedIn.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/M3/ue/NMPTR0THUZSK.jpegIf you're looking for your target market look no further!We currently employ the use of LinkedIn Sales Navigator at KeyedIn for the purpose of defining targets and understanding the company and contacts. It can be difficult to have reliable data so we use Sales Navigator as a tool to double check. The tool is mostly being used within the Marketing and Sales departments to help identify those targets. I highly recommend this.,If you're unclear who to target within an organization this product can help. It also helps in knowing the industries that exist and who your target audience is.,It would be nice to have better integration from SF with other tools. We often have skewed data since we use two search tools. Discover.org and Sales Navigator. Sometimes the data doesn't always match, and not by a few numbers, but by the thousands occasionally. I'd like to be able to export and import contacts more easily and start drip campaigns to reach out.,8,Because we can better identify targets this has allowed us to be more effective. Time is our most valuable resource and by knowing which industries to target we've been able to better use our time. This tool brings value from the fact that you can verify information and contacts. If you've been wondering how to have a more targeted approach whether its industries, companies size or business partners look no further.,DiscoverOrg, RainKing (acquired by DiscoverOrg) and ZoomInfo,I wouldn't say we specifically use LinkedIn Sales Navigator to help generate formal reports, however, they do greatly influence the reports we do create. These can help us understand company statistics like what is the employee count, the headquarters, the industry, etc.... Without these reports, it would be very difficult for us to continue analyzing our marketing efforts and furthering our impact on the industries we hope to reach. As I've mentioned, really understanding our target market is the greatest benefit.,DiscoverOrg, Outreach, Salesforce App Cloud, ConnectAndSellThe Ultimate Lead Generation ToolWe are using LinkedIn Navigator at our company to help facilitate new B2B relationships and leads. Currently, our business development division and franchise financing division, along with a handful of senior managers, use the platform on a daily basis. Since we started using LinkedIn Navigator, we have been able to connect with senior-level managers and decision-makers at a large number of companies we want to work with. It has helped us find and connect with these individuals faster, which eliminates time wasting.,LinkedIn Sales Navigator takes the guesswork out of contacting potential lead sources. Rather than spending an exorbitant amount of time and energy trying to find the right people you wish to connect with, it lets you drill down and find contacts on a granular level. LinkedIn Sales Navigator has add-ons that we pay for, and they are well worth the cost. We are now able to send more LinkedIn InMails each month, and we get a higher response rate from recipients. We use Salesforce, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator saves leads and contacts into this platform with a simple click. There is no need to enter information multiple times, which is a real time saver.,The only thing that I would recommend is to have a more robust and in-depth training session. Many of our employees who use LinkedIn Sales Navigator are social media savvy, but they still need assistance and ask lots of questions. An increase in the number of InMails each month would be a great addition. LinkedIn Sales Navigator allows us to connect with far more leads and contacts than with the free version of LinkedIn, and we sometimes have to wait to send InMails which lengthens the sales cycle. PointDrive Presentations are an excellent means of promoting our brand, but they can be difficult to 'build' and create. Features such as royalty-free images and recommended copywriting would be a real help.,10,Thanks to LinkedIn Sales Navigator, we have landed half a dozen new accounts/B2B relationships that warrant using it. These relationships started on LinkedIn, and were accelerated with InMails and PointDrive presentations. Another positive impact that LinkedIn Sales Navigator has had on our company is brand-building. , our PointDrive presentations are being viewed/shared, and our company is gaining new followers on our corporate LinkedIn page. Time-saving and efficiency are two key benefits of using LinkedIn Sales Navigator. The individuals who use it at our company are amazed at how fast they can locate people they need to connect with. Prior to using LinkedIn Sales Navigator, they had to literally use 3 or 4 platforms, plus conduct online searches.,ZoomInfo,I generate weekly reports for our CEO and our management team that show our LinkedIn Sales Navigator 'leaderboard.' Simply put, they want to know who is using LinkedIn Sales Navigator the most, and maximizing its benefits. In the rare event that someone isn't using it as expected, they are 'relegated' to the free version of LinkedIn, and we replace them with someone else. The reports have far more information than I need, or that our CEO and management team need, so they are great.,Monitor Backlinks, Moz, SimilarWeb PRO, Adobe Illustrator CC, Google Analytics, Facebook for Business, Twitter AdsLinkedin Sales Navigator by an Enterprise BDRGreat tool for sales outreach and prospecting! It is used by our entire sales team to prospect and research accounts. Really a key place to understand which prospects to reach out to at an account and also research those prospects. I would say I couldn't live without Linkedin Sales Navigator!,Understanding prospects at an Account Understanding different business units under an account Researching prospects and the roles they perform,Doesn't allow you to see the social side of Linkedin Messaging between LI and LI Sales Nav can be confusing Learning how to drill down into accounts can take some time.,10,100% increase in # of prospects Drastic improvement in targeting. More efficient use of time spent doing outreach.,,Outreach, Bizible, Salesforce LightningLinkedIn Sales Navigator User ReviewWe are currently using LinkedIn Sales Navigator in my organization to reach out to whitespace prospects to try to connect and ultimately gain the interest in the prospect for a meeting with our sales team. It is used to solve the problem of non-responses to emails and calls from our sales team. Currently it is used mostly by our sales development reps.,I really like that you are able to find prospects easily and save them as contacts so you can come back to them later on. Sales Navigator works with other marketing tools like Outreach so I can connect with prospects directly though the Outreach app while using Sales Navigator. I have been able to set around 5-6 meetings though Sales Navigator when no other form of communication was working to connect with prospects. Since the message goes to them directly it eliminates the gatekeepers in many instances.,With my current company I only have a limited amount of inMails that I can send per month (50) which limits my use of the product. I wish that I was able to have unlimited to get the full functionality. One complaint I have about targeting specific types of prospects is that when you do narrow the list within a company sometimes unrelated prospects still come up in the search and you have to weed through them. I wish that regular linkedIn and Sales Navigator could be linked together at least message wise so that you didn't have to remember if you sent a prospect a message through Navigator or just from being a contact.,9,It is used by almost every one of our SDRs currently, so we are getting well worth the amount of meetings for the price we are paying. We currently are buying more licenses because the product works so well. SDRs that don't have access are getting fewer meetings and have a hard time meeting their quotas. When not all of the SDRs were using the product, we got licenses taken away since the solution was expensive, but luckily utilization is at an all time high right now.,DiscoverOrg,I do not use these features really for my organization. I'm not sure if these tools are available for me to use with my company.,DiscoverOrg, ZoomInfo, OutreachPros and Cons of LinkedIn Sales NavigatorIn my prior role, I used Sales Navigator to research companies, contacts, and to reach out to those contacts with direct messages. It was not used across the organization at the time; I was the only one using it. It served as a mechanism for lead generation by providing accurate and mostly up-to-date information on contacts. It enabled me to reach out directly to contacts to start conversations, or to seek out introductions from my contacts to those I wanted to meet.,The contact information is generally up-to-date, as it's produced by the individuals themselves. This beats out other sources of data that are generally 30% obsolete. The ability to directly message individuals is helpful. What's more, there's an ability to include multiple people on a message, leading to introductions being offered or made. The result is a higher response rate because of the referral capability. Sorting by industry, title, geography and other characteristics really makes it a helpful database.,Some databases do significant research to pull in large org charts. SN depends on the individuals to put in their own data, so if they don't, it's not there. There seem to be regular changes to access to various forms of data, which is frustrating. By "regular," I mean annual. While this may be standard practice elsewhere, I'd prefer just knowing what I will and won't have access to at various tiers for more than a year. This isn't a knock on the functionality, but I'm starting to get too many messages on SN from people trying to prospect me. It's a "too popular to be valuable" issue now; so many people are trying to prospect on there that those they're seeking out may be fleeing SN.,6,In my last business, it enabled me to quickly target high value prospects and reach out to them. It led to enough success that I used it regularly. It also offers and (I took advantage of) the ability to seek out introductions. This led to a large number of prospect conversations and some sales. In my current business, we used it to beta test heavy outbound email campaigns, which it proved out because of the accuracy of the data.,DiscoverOrg,The reports I generated were lists based on industry, title, company size, and geography. We created these to reach out to potential prospects via email campaigns. They were very helpful in proving out a new sales model.,Act-On Software, DiscoverOrg, SalesLoft
LinkedIn Sales Navigator

LinkedIn Sales Navigator Reviews

LinkedIn Sales Navigator
Top Rated Award
Filter 357 vetted LinkedIn Sales Navigator reviews and ratings

Kevin Knudsen profile photo
January 16, 2019

LinkedIn Sales Navigator Review: "If you're looking for your target market look no further!"

• If you're unclear who to target within an organization this product can help.
  • It also helps in knowing the industries that exist and who your target audience is.
  • It would be nice to have better integration from SF with other tools.
  • We often have skewed data since we use two search tools. Discover.org and Sales Navigator. Sometimes the data doesn't always match, and not by a few numbers, but by the thousands occasionally.
  • I'd like to be able to export and import contacts more easily and start drip campaigns to reach out.
This is also a great tool that we use for a social selling approach. I've personally had lots of success with clients not responding and reaching out through LinkedIn to spark a conversation. What really makes a difference is having a tool that helps analyze businesses and their employees. The other side of this, besides just LinkedIn, is your ability to see companies and individuals as well as send messages without a limit, therefore increasing the effectiveness and scope of the impact for your business.

It doesn't always do a great job of pulling in contact data. If you're looking to bulk search individuals this isn't the tool you would want to use.
Read Kevin Knudsen's full review
Kevan Wilkinson profile photo
December 21, 2018

LinkedIn Sales Navigator Review: "The Ultimate Lead Generation Tool"

• LinkedIn Sales Navigator takes the guesswork out of contacting potential lead sources. Rather than spending an exorbitant amount of time and energy trying to find the right people you wish to connect with, it lets you drill down and find contacts on a granular level.
  • LinkedIn Sales Navigator has add-ons that we pay for, and they are well worth the cost. We are now able to send more LinkedIn InMails each month, and we get a higher response rate from recipients.
  • We use Salesforce, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator saves leads and contacts into this platform with a simple click. There is no need to enter information multiple times, which is a real time saver.
  • The only thing that I would recommend is to have a more robust and in-depth training session. Many of our employees who use LinkedIn Sales Navigator are social media savvy, but they still need assistance and ask lots of questions.
  • An increase in the number of InMails each month would be a great addition. LinkedIn Sales Navigator allows us to connect with far more leads and contacts than with the free version of LinkedIn, and we sometimes have to wait to send InMails which lengthens the sales cycle.
  • PointDrive Presentations are an excellent means of promoting our brand, but they can be difficult to 'build' and create. Features such as royalty-free images and recommended copywriting would be a real help.
I firmly believe that LinkedIn Sales Navigator is a must-have tool for anyone in a sales, business development, or account management position. If you are looking to find a list of contacts at a company who are the decision makers, LinkedIn Sales Navigator simplifies the search process and minimizes the chances of sending an InMail to the wrong contact.
Read Kevan Wilkinson's full review
Gary Kawamura profile photo
December 20, 2018

Review: "Linkedin Sales Navigator by an Enterprise BDR"

• Understanding prospects at an Account
  • Understanding different business units under an account
  • Researching prospects and the roles they perform
  • Doesn't allow you to see the social side of Linkedin
  • Messaging between LI and LI Sales Nav can be confusing
  • Learning how to drill down into accounts can take some time.
Sales Navigator is a very valuable tool for someone who is prospecting and building a prospect list at an account. It gives you insights into the people at the account and the plugins available make the tool even more valuable. If you are trying to primarily network and connect with people, regular linkedin might be a better tool.
Read Gary Kawamura's full review
Erika M. Barth profile photo
December 18, 2018

"LinkedIn Sales Navigator User Review"

• I really like that you are able to find prospects easily and save them as contacts so you can come back to them later on.
  • Sales Navigator works with other marketing tools like Outreach so I can connect with prospects directly though the Outreach app while using Sales Navigator.
  • I have been able to set around 5-6 meetings though Sales Navigator when no other form of communication was working to connect with prospects. Since the message goes to them directly it eliminates the gatekeepers in many instances.
  • With my current company I only have a limited amount of inMails that I can send per month (50) which limits my use of the product. I wish that I was able to have unlimited to get the full functionality.
  • One complaint I have about targeting specific types of prospects is that when you do narrow the list within a company sometimes unrelated prospects still come up in the search and you have to weed through them.
  • I wish that regular linkedIn and Sales Navigator could be linked together at least message wise so that you didn't have to remember if you sent a prospect a message through Navigator or just from being a contact.
LinkedIn Sales Navigator is great for sending a lot of prospects specific and tailored messages that get around just emailing or calling them. However if you are looking just to mass blast a bunch of prospects or download lists then LinkedIn Navigator is not the tool to use since it will take a long time to do this. It is usually up to date with the prospects current roles, though.
Read Erika M. Barth's full review
Adam Boyd profile photo
November 30, 2018

Review: "Pros and Cons of LinkedIn Sales Navigator"

• The contact information is generally up-to-date, as it's produced by the individuals themselves. This beats out other sources of data that are generally 30% obsolete.
  • The ability to directly message individuals is helpful. What's more, there's an ability to include multiple people on a message, leading to introductions being offered or made. The result is a higher response rate because of the referral capability.
  • Sorting by industry, title, geography and other characteristics really makes it a helpful database.
  • Some databases do significant research to pull in large org charts. SN depends on the individuals to put in their own data, so if they don't, it's not there.
  • There seem to be regular changes to access to various forms of data, which is frustrating. By "regular," I mean annual. While this may be standard practice elsewhere, I'd prefer just knowing what I will and won't have access to at various tiers for more than a year.
  • This isn't a knock on the functionality, but I'm starting to get too many messages on SN from people trying to prospect me. It's a "too popular to be valuable" issue now; so many people are trying to prospect on there that those they're seeking out may be fleeing SN.
If you're a consultant, it's a great tool. If you are in enterprise sales and have a small number of named accounts, it's helpful. Because those sorts of sales require a few contacts, SN offers the ability to potentially get introduced in; at the very least, it offers information on your contacts.

If you are doing high volume sales and need a lot of data, it's not great; dollars spent on this are better invested elsewhere.
Read Adam Boyd's full review
Greg Sergakis profile photo
January 17, 2019

LinkedIn Sales Navigator Review: "Prospecting made easy!"

We are currently using Sales Navigator to help us with a good majority of our prospecting needs. When it comes to being very strategic with our search and really wanting to find a niche target, there is no better application to use than Sales Navigator. Our BDR, Sales, and Channel Sales teams are all currently using the tool to some degree.
  • Sales Navigator does a great job finding background on organizations
  • It has a great search function for mass searches
  • It can be very granular with how you choose to find prospects.
  • I wish Sales Navigator had an import lead function into CRM's
  • Sales Nav should automatically unlock all profiles
If you have a specific search query that you are looking to prospect, Sales Navigator is by far the best tool to use. For instance, if I want to search a certain industry that has an employee count of X, with director level titles or above, Sales Navigator allows me to do so.
Read Greg Sergakis's full review
Tyler Morrow profile photo
January 04, 2019

"LinkedIn Sales Navigator - Sales Leadership Review"

LinkedIn Sales Navigator is currently used by any AE in the Qualtrics organization. We use this to build profiles on individuals and companies we are trying to sell into. Other areas of LinkedIn are leveraged by the whole company (Recruiter, LinkedIn general, etc.) Navigator is used by sales. I've had the most success building leads based on on the company and then set up alerts to trigger when they have activity. I have the most success seeing contacts leave and move to a new company. These have typically been Qualtrics customers who then make the purchase at their new organization.
  • Organization of leads/contacts.
  • Territory planning for sales.
  • Accurate data to understand a company structure. Understanding the hierarchy.
  • UI needs improvement.
  • Making Navigator and the main LinkedIn operate the same.
  • The inbox for private messaging needs to move over to the main inbox.
It is useful for large companies that have built out territories. Easy to make your outbound efforts duplicated into Navigator. Small companies where it's not as valuable don't need to worry about it. It's good for teams primarily focused on griding for new outbound success. Companies that have well-built demand gen might not find it truly valuable.
Read Tyler Morrow's full review
DJ Kline profile photo
December 21, 2018

Review: "LinkedIn Sales Navigator is Great for Hunting Sales Reps"

LinkedIn Sales Navigator is being used by sales in our organization. It is the more organized version of LinkedIn when you are searching companies and accounts for prospects. We use it to source prospects, map organizations, save searches, perform advanced searches, and more. Another good use case is for social selling and presentations for prospects.
  • Organized Searches. The UI is made for searching vs regular LinkedIn
  • Mapping organizations/ Accounts. Another organized way to search organizations per department, locations, roles, etc.
  • Social Selling. Giving you data and breaking it down to clarify how your social selling is going
  • Syncing the inboxes with LinkedIn inbox would be helpful
  • Continuing to advance PointDrive as this is still lacking in features in relation to PowerPoint
  • More out of box alerts for promotions, job changes, etc
LinkedIn Sales Navigator is well suited for sales teams who are sourcing, hunting, etc prospects. LinkedIn Sales Navigator is well suited for those who need to map organizations to find key stakeholders, etc. LinkedIn Sales Navigator is less appropriate for those who do not search LinkedIn daily. LinkedIn Sales Navigator is less appropriate as a presentation tool at this point.
Read DJ Kline's full review
Michael J. Towle profile photo
August 09, 2018

LinkedIn Sales Navigator Review: "LinkedIn - Connecting real people with relevant actionable insights, contact info, employment history, areas of expertise and exploration"

Our sales team is using Sales Navigator for account and lead intelligence, for prospecting, and for continued prospect and customer interaction as part of our overall deal strategy. Sales Navigator is heavily utilized by the corporate teams to ensure accurate data when facilitating customer contact, and to increase our overall intelligence of basic company organizational and personnel chart type research to ensure accurate engagement and efficient communication methodologies.
  • LinkedIn Sales Navigator is arguably the most up to date source of employment information due to the fact that individuals are updating their own employment information for professional networking purposes.
  • LinkedIn Sales Navigator is becoming increasingly more efficient at searching for individuals and companies with a variety of filter options to narrow searches and to specify important attributes when attempting to gather particular data points.
  • LinkedIn Sales Navigator is a great means of communication for reaching high ranking individuals who otherwise are often too busy to check an inbox that has been completely overtaken by sales and marketing orgs of virtually every company looking to sell into a particular industry. LinkedIn Sales Navigator provides a means to contact, connect, and even refer contacts in a manner that is professional, secure, and trusted as an industry standard means of communication.
  • LinkedIn Sales Navigator is still not as efficient as it could be when enabling searches with filtered criteria. The optional filter criteria has already become far better than it previously was even a year and a half ago, but there is still room for improvement.
  • Limitations to how many InMail messages can be sent is both a blessing and a curse. The limitation deters users from abusing the platform, which is a benefit, but the majority of users would benefit from increased communication functionality without attaching a higher price tag to this type of feature.
  • LinkedIn Sales Navigator would benefit drastically from greater Sales Force and CRM interoperability. This functionality is on their roadmap and will be an absolute game changer, but it is not fully baked, and will likely require several iterations and improvements before it is able to deliver the type of seamless analytics and account/lead intelligence required for enterprise level adoption.
  • Perhaps one of the biggest shortcomings of Sales Navigator is that it is a parallel platform to LinkedIn rather than simply a unified platform that does not require one to navigate away from the primary LinkedIn platform.
Anyone looking to accomplish relevant prospecting, customer communication, and/or recruiting can benefit from LinkedIn's simple yet robust tool set. The self-service approach to users updating their own data ensures data points are updated more frequently and more accurately (for the most part), and ensures that people who want to be contacted are given a platform to make known what is important to them, where their interests and expertise lie, and even whether or not individuals want to share more or less information at their own personal discretion.
Read Michael J. Towle's full review
Aaron J. McReynolds profile photo
August 06, 2018

LinkedIn Sales Navigator Review: "LinkedIn Navigator - A Success story"

Sales Navigator is being used across our whole sales department currently. We use the tool to access company profiles, and individuals who may be good leads at organizations we are prospecting into.
  • The hidden profile feature allows you explore leads confidently and discreetly.
  • It has a large database of individuals, and if you can't find them on Sales Navigator, they are probably not accessible.
  • Suggesting potential leads is extremely accurate.
  • Could be integrated better with the basic LinkedIn platform, allowing for a better user experience.
  • Keep a detailed log of companies I have reviewed, and then give quick and easy updates on changes within that org, or the individual.
Finding new leads at organizations I am prospecting into. It helps me in finding contact information, and a detailed history of experience of those individuals that I am trying to mine and contact. If you are wanting to be discreet in sourcing this information, Sales Navigator is the best tool available.
Read Aaron J. McReynolds's full review
Tolga Özgentürk profile photo
October 10, 2018

LinkedIn Sales Navigator Review: "Sales Navigator is a highly reliable source for contact and industry information"

We use Sales Navigator on a daily basis for prospecting in our sales department. It provides us great insight into who our contacts are, how their companies are structured, their role, and how our outreach could be incentivized by the info obtained through their profiles. We use it on daily basis and find it highly efficient.
  • Sales Navigator provides useful contact info
  • Allows precise filtering and breakdown of company profiles
  • Provides useful insight analysis into market dynamics
  • Better access to contact messaging and removal of limits
  • Improvement of user detail visibility
  • Option to export contact details could be beneficial
Sales Navigator is well suited for providing insight into prospects, but not necessarily for reaching and establishing a contact with a prospect. It's the most accurate source out there because it gets updated by the prospects themselves but it does not have too many add-ons that allow you to transfer information into your CRM or sales tools.
Read Tolga Özgentürk's full review
John Rougeux profile photo
September 27, 2018

LinkedIn Sales Navigator Review: "Good for quickly identifying people with specific qualities"

I used Sales Navigator to identify people to interview for a brand and market research project we were doing. We had specific roles and industries in mind, and we used Sales Navigator to help us quickly find good fits. For this project, I just used it personally. It wasn't rolled out to the entire team.
  • Identifies people with specific roles
  • Uses filters to create the exact search you need
  • Makes it easy to find people you have connections with
  • Filter UI is clunky
  • Sorting options are limited
  • No ability to save searches (that I'm aware of)
Sales Navigator seems most appropriate for identifying people that have a particular combination of role, employer, seniority, location, or other parameters. In other words, if you know what you're looking for, it's a good tool for that. However, it's not well suited for discovery or for finding recommendations on people that are likely to do business with you.
Read John Rougeux's full review
Brandon Knight profile photo
August 07, 2018

LinkedIn Sales Navigator Review: "Sales Nav, great for mid-market and enterprise prospecting"

Sales Nav is used to target ideal candidates for our outbound sales efforts. It is being used across the sales org. It helps to address finding the ideal candidate based on industry, size, location etc.
  • Target ideal candidates by title, make sure they are still currently at the company.
  • Generate lists of potential leads by filtering companies by industry and size.
  • Make sure my outreach is directed at the best contact within that company, have access to other c-level decision makers
  • Sometimes the lists dont filter as well as I'd like, but still overall very pleased.
  • If a company doesn't utilize the LinkedIn network then the tool is far less helpful
  • Doesn't seem to work for SMB as well as it does for mid-market and enterprise prospecting.
For mid-market and ENT prospecting I feel that it is a great tool to target ideal candidates for sales. In my experience it was great to target by key industry verticals where our product was most effective. With small business, it was tougher to use it effectively, because those individuals seem less likely to utilize the LinkedIn network.
Read Brandon Knight's full review
Jaymie Matilsky profile photo
August 10, 2018

LinkedIn Sales Navigator Review: "LinkedIn for basic sales prospecting"

My team uses LinkedIn Sales Navigator to to better understand people's roles within an organization.
  • My favorite feature about LinkedIn Sales Navigator is that it is easy to sort out people based upon job titles and keywords
  • When viewing others' profiles in LinkedIn, it does not notify the person that you are viewing their profile
  • I like being able to send them a message through LinkedIn
  • It would be great if there was a way to sync Linkedin contact info with Salesforce
  • I wish more contact info was provided and not having to use InMail credits
  • I wish it would not pull up previous employees who worked at company, but no longer do
It is great for prospecting and learning about how you can tailor your sales process to what is relevant to the prospect. It is not always guarenteed they will respond to you. A cool feature might be if LinkedIn sent prospects you have requested to connect with a follow-up reminder.
Read Jaymie Matilsky's full review
January 15, 2019

LinkedIn Sales Navigator Review: "Quality tool that every team should have"

Sales Navigator is being used company-wide, but mostly by our account development team. It is being used to find leads, determine employee count, location, and territory. It helps us gain important contact information we otherwise wouldn't have.
  • Gives accurate employee count
  • Gives accurate titles and suggestions for related connections
  • Identifies individuals that we should connect with
  • better integration with Outreach and other tools
  • more feed options
  • Having a timeline that is based on recent posts, not most popular
LinkedIn Sales Navigator is very appropriate when you have identified a company you want to target, but you don't have a specific lead. You can find individuals and their titles using sales navigator to search, connect, and reach out to those specific people. It has made a world of a difference for our team
October 01, 2018

LinkedIn Sales Navigator Review: "Great and cost effective prospecting solution"

We are using Sales Navigator as a prospecting and data enrichment solution. Since I sell to a somewhat niche target, it is a very useful solution since it allows me to narrow my range of potential customers based on a technical skill that is a main qualifier for our product's customer base. This ability to focus lists allows for more precise sales and marketing prospecting instead of pure carpet bombing. Also, the capability to build custom lists and save searches makes it convenient when finding leads.
  • Targeted searches based on skills, experience.
  • Quick list aggregation.
  • Account-based alerts
  • Ability to communicate via InMails, which is a less cluttered way to contact prospects.
  • Great research tool for seeing the size and scope of a particular department (ie. size of the IT department).
  • Better integration with sales automation tools like Outreach.
  • Not easy to pull contact information into a tool like Salesforce or Outreach.
Very good for being able to build contact lists based on very specific criteria like skills, experience, etc.

Also very good for gaining insights into existing account, enriching data that is already available about an account for the purposes of upselling.

Less good for just quickly building large lists that people can pull email addresses and phone numbers from.
December 28, 2018

LinkedIn Sales Navigator Review: "Great Sales Development Tool"

Identifying potential prospects at companies and agencies. It's mainly used in our Sales Development department but sometimes by Sales as well.
  • Identifying potential prospects
  • Contacting prospects
  • Research
  • InMail credit transition when account switching, e.g. when changing to a different LinkedIn solution to keep InMail credits
  • Give insights about the person, about how often they receive InMails or if the profile has been looked at
For sales development, there is no better solution. If your company's prospect work in a country or industry where your prospects are on LinkedIn it's the best way to identify the right person to speak to.
August 02, 2018

LinkedIn Sales Navigator Review: "Sales Navigator all wrapped up"

Sales Navigator is being used by our sales and possibly other departments as well. Team to identify leads and to ween out any leads that are not applicable to our product. LinkedIn Sales Navigator gives us better insight into the people we are calling or potentially selling to. Sales Navigator is also used as a resource to have company information sent to us so we don't have to go searching for it.
  • Provides insight into customers current roles, and history to make conversations more easy
  • Helps give insight into companies' initiatives so we can target our sales to those needs
  • It helps us concentrate on the people we should be concentrating on by reaffirming that people are who they say they are and if they are valid enough to make a call to.
  • Better Contact Information
  • It is still driven by personal credentials
  • You need LinkedIn Enterprise license
LinkedIn Sales Navigator is very helpful when you are researching a company to stay up to date on what they are doing currently. It is nice that you can set it up to have emails sent to you with information that is applicable to what you put in the search criteria. I do recommend this program to people that are in sales and need to research companies and or people.
August 08, 2018

Review: "LinkedIn Sales Navigator: great for B2B"

We primarily use Sales Navigator for contact research and retrieving contact data from the account in order to reach out to the individual with our materials.
  • Expand beyond your personal network to search LinkedIn's entire database
  • Allows you to save searches and create lists of leads that you can follow
  • There should be better integration with MS Dynamics CRM for sales users
  • The admin portal should have a more robust reporting functionality. I would like to run user reports on our sales force's activities within Sales Navigator to see if the users are making the best use out of the tool
If you are a B2B organization then Sales Navigator is a great tool to reach out to prospective clients
Rand Sargent profile photo
March 28, 2018

Review: "LinkedIn Sales Navigator - great resource"

LinkedIn Sales Navigator is being used across our sales organization. One of the challenges we have with finding new business is getting relevant contacts at prospective client companies. The product enables us to run searches based on many different criteria to help narrow down and really target the people that we care about connecting with.
  • Allows you to perform multi-faceted searches for prospects (based on company size, industry, location, etc).
  • Notifies you how you're connected to people at the prospective client company.
  • Shows employment trends at the department level which can be really helpful for targeting accounts.
  • I wish that LinkedIn Sales Navigator had better notifications. It seems like they just don't function correctly (shows I have a message but I don't, etc).
  • Wish it were easier to export data from LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
  • I also wish it were easier to find contact information for people on LinkedIn (but I also understand this isn't their primary business purpose).
LinkedIn Sales Navigator is well suited for somebody looking to perform specific searches for prospects. It is also well suited for opening another avenue of communication with prospects through inMail. Finding ways to be introduced can be helpful as well, or where you're just looking for some common ground to base an introduction off of.

It's not well suited for the main way of communicating with prospects, nor is it incredibly easy to search for prospects if your territories aren't large (easy to search by state, a little more effort to search by city or zip).
Read Rand Sargent's full review
Sarah Stauber profile photo
May 16, 2018

LinkedIn Sales Navigator Review: "Critical tool for B2B prospecting!"

Our sales team uses LinkedIn Sales Navigator as a lead generation tool.
  • The advanced search feature allows us to find the right organizations and individuals to reach out to that may have interest in our products and services.
  • Once we've identified a potential lead we can communicate with them directly via InMail.
  • We're able to save searches and come back to them again later, saving us time on having to reenter all the search criteria.
  • It would be great if we could access email addresses to email leads directly.
If your organization is B2B and your sales team is expected to do any prospecting this tool is highly beneficial.
Read Sarah Stauber's full review
Derek McKenna profile photo
May 03, 2018

LinkedIn Sales Navigator Review: "An integral tool in my day-to-day work. Highly recommended!"

It is used by a couple of departments. Mostly in the SDR and New Business side of the organisation, however I lobbied heavily to keep it as an account manager when I moved from the SDR role.

It helps improve productivity by making it easier to find information on clients or prospective customers
  • It makes it so easy to find the people within a company that you are looking for
  • It integrates with SalesForce seamlessly so that you never need to leave your SalesForce account to view a person's LinkedIn profile
  • It allows you do work at speed without having to spend a lot of time looking for the right people within a company. The amount of time that Sales Navigator saves me is great and allows me to be more productive in my day to day
  • I use Sales Navigator with Prospect to find a person's email address. Sometimes this can be slow and doesn't find the address
It is perfect when you want to find someone in a company and do that fast. it is also great to keep updated on saved leads and what they are posting on LinkedIn (as opposed to regular LinkedIn where to see what everyone or your contacts post)

I really like that you can use the in-mail feature to reach out to clients when not getting through to them through calls or emails.
Read Derek McKenna's full review
Greg Larsen profile photo
April 26, 2018

Review: "LinkedIn Sales Navigator - Don't Prospect Without It"

At Lingotek, our Account Executives and Sales Development Reps use LI Sales Navigator every day. We have found that it is the most reliable source for finding the right people at the right organizations at the right time. We can use the lead builder to find key contacts at target companies and then we can monitor content from those people or companies to know when the right time to engage would be without bothering them incessantly.
  • We can easily identify accounts/companies that are ideal for our ABM approach.
  • We can easily identify the most valuable contacts within a target account.
  • We can use InMail to provide an initial point of value to our target contacts and create a warm connection for other types of outreach.
  • We have to rely on other tools to accurately gather contact information for contacts such as direct phone or email.
  • I like the shift to integrating more tools with LinkedIn, but I hope that it doesn't come at the expense of the users. I hope that prices don't continue to increase unless additional value/integrations are wanted. Don't force me to pay more if I'm not using any of the "added value".
  • The segmentation of all of the different premium account types is somewhat frustrating. It would be valuable to be able to have access to multiple premium features in one account rather than having to pay for each premium feature in a separate account.
LinkedIn is well suited for any sales organization or executive group looking to network and create a professional presence and brand. It is absolutely necessary in most situations and there isn't a replacement that will get you as far as LinkedIn in a professional environment. Because of that, Sales Navigator is necessary if you want to be able to interact in a non-threatening/bothersome way with business executives and decision makers.
Read Greg Larsen's full review
Soraya Hirani profile photo
April 06, 2018

LinkedIn Sales Navigator: "Strategic Account Sales Development"

Our whole Sales Organization uses LinkedIn Sales Navigator. From our Sales Development Reps to Enterprise & Strategic AE's, we all take advantage of this sales tool. Our company has been using LinkedIn Sales Navigator, but I have only been with the company for approximately nine months. We do not have plans of making changes with our licensing for this tool, because we all find it very helpful!
  • Finding New Leads/Prospects
  • Searching for key words in profiles
  • Providing account-based news/updates
  • The new layout for Sales Navigator makes it very tough to integrate with ZoomInfo. I'm no longer to use the ZoomInfo extension in conjunction with LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
  • LinkedIn Sales Navigator should integrate better with Salesforce, too. Occasionally, LinkedIn Sales Navigator tells me a person is "in CRM" when really, they are not
  • It's become more difficult to send InMails through LinkedIn Sales Navigator and copy the message to enter in Salesforce
For departments that are entirely Outbound Sales Operations, LinkedIn Sales Navigator is extremely helpful. For Inbound teams, I don't believe the tool would be as helpful. If an organization is getting qualified leads through the use of another tool, say ZoomInfo lists, then LinkedIn Sales Navigator is not needed to supplement. If the product you sell is to a very targeted market, with very specific job titles/responsibilities, I think Sales Navigator would fit those needs.
Read Soraya Hirani's full review
Carrington Moore profile photo
April 04, 2018

LinkedIn Sales Navigator Review: "Outbound use of Sales Nav"

It's being used across the sales team. In my role, I use it to identify new companies, read industry news, and locate prospects and understand their work history. Other team members use it to understand context behind a deal or a prospect's needs, and some use it to connect to those who they build a relationship with.
  • Huge database of companies and employment history
  • Filters to narrow companies and prospects can get very targeted
  • Metrics, such as employment growth and headcount change, is helpful
  • It is difficult to know when In-Mail has been sent to a prospect
  • It is cumbersome to save leads, especially since we work with other CRMs
  • Searches can be a mess: an example would be using Boolean searches and having a typo like "social media; - this shuts down the site.
It's great for identifying companies and prospects, especially when you need to be very granular in your outreach. It's very good with connecting with your CRM, which is great to understand who has interacted with your products and who hasn't. It's less appropriate as a news feed - company news is jumbled when you have a lot that you are working.
Read Carrington Moore's full review

Advanced search (95)
Identification of new leads (95)
List quality (91)
List upload/download (54)
6.4
Ideal customer targeting (89)
Load time/data access (84)
Contact information (78)
6.7
Company information (94)
Industry information (92)
Lead qualification process (71)
Smart lists and recommendations (83)
Salesforce integration (75)
Company/business profiles (91)
Alerts and reminders (80)
Data hygiene (79)
Automatic data refresh (69)
Tags (63)
Filters and segmentation (85)
Sales email templates (34)
6.6
Append emails to records (31)
6.7