- Keeps track of the number of times you have reached out to a potential customer.
- Allows you to follow the progress of an opportunity.
- Gives us the ability to organize the teams that are looking into our solution.
- We have problems with Outreach and Salesforce integrating.
- I don't know how to solve this, but there is too much room for human error.
- They don't try to be everything, they just let everything integrate.
- Lightning is a great experience for our users.
- Workflow rules allow us to automate process.
- Integrations allow our departments to work seamlessly.
- Catching up Lightning to have all the same functionality as classic. You have to bounce back and forth a lot.
- Sometimes it's hard to get to the data you're looking for.
- Allow for more data on dashboards.
- Contacting your costumers
- It's simple to learn and use
- I can use it with flexibility at the office or my cellphone
- Everything is in the right place to increase my productivity
- Provide training for users
- Provide guidance to pull up reports
- Provide guidance on how to make a better analysis
- Sales representatives can easily and securely store all important information pertaining to a record. Such as activity notes, call backs, opportunities, applications. There is improved organization of information once we migrated to Salesforce.
- The Salesforce reporting feature is easy to manage. Whether you are looking to create a simple leads report, or pull a complex accounts with applications report, all information within Salesforce is easily gatherable, editable, and exportable. I have been able to create my own reports within minutes that would have taken weeks for IT to build.
- Salesforce is fully customizable. If a feature you would like in your CRM system is not available with the "out of the box" purchase, you can easily visit the AppExchange to find the tool you would like to add.
- Salesforce empowers our sales team with the ability to have enchanced communication. Prior to using Salesforce, many of our sales representatives would use the sticky note method as a way of reminding themselves when to call back a specific record. Now, all follow up tasks automatically populate for sales representatives, so there is no more loosing accounts or forgetting about a meeting. Communication such as voicemails, emails, and call back tasks can be completely automated by using applications that sync with Salesforce.
- Customization was a factor with the way that we use Salesforce. If your business sales cycle tends to be complex, you may need to think about hiring a Salesforce Admin to essentially customize your product. Salesforce is not easily customize-able for the everyday user.
- If you are unfamiliar with the way that Salesforce reports gather information or what information you are looking to pull, then the reporting feature may be confusing. It would be helpful if Salesforce provided users with simplified instructions for some of the most highly used reports.
- Salesforce updates may cause errors on customized triggers or work flows. Often times, if the CRM is updated to the newest edition, customized work flows that were created by your Salesforce admin may not function correctly. Time is spent finding the code and fixing the error on the back end.
- General increase in sales
- Redution in paperwork
- Selling smarter and faster
- Business processes automation
- Accessibility accross devices.
- Salesforce customization can be expensive
- Salesforce require training to use
- The application keeps track of all historical interactions and actions the lead or customer has taken, this makes it easy for anyone to see what has been done.
- The application can be integrated into almost any automation tool which opens the door to a wide variety of different ways we can interact with our customers and potential customers.
- The integration process, though it integrates with nearly all outside tools, is quite daunting and tends to slow down any project that involves integration (at the beginning, once it is set up it performs exceptionally).
- Generating reports and finding data as a new user can be quite difficult at times, the data it pulls is of great quality but getting there takes quite a bit of practice and patience.
Salesforce, however, made it easy for us to update everyone in our firm regarding the preferences of the candidate, the positions he applied for, what were the next steps on those job applications and to whom the candidate have established a relationship with within our firm.
We were able to make sending emails to candidates fast and reliable without compromising the quality of being personalized. We were able to create myriad automated email templates that acknowledge candidate's history with our firm, and in return, we get more tractions regarding interest from them in applying to those opportunities we are recruiting them.
- It provides seamless candidate tracking opportunity.
- It provides businesses with solutions to their existing problems such as our problem on how we can be abreast company-wide regarding our candidates' status.
- It provides a great customer experience by having the support that we can cling to whenever there are downtimes or technical issues.
- Not costly, and the pricing is justifiable with the solution the software is offering.
- Whenever we upload the candidate's resume or interview notes in our system, it takes time for us to confirm that it is really uploaded.
- We use the BD and TargetRecruit platform powered by SalesForce, and sometimes it is really hard to integrate them.
- Not all customer support of salesforce are abreast on how to troubleshoot system problem. I hope they train their people to be the select few who can really resolve issues offline.
- Salesforce is extremely customizable. No matter how unique your business processes are, they can be created in Salesforce.
- The Salesforce mobile app is very powerful and easy-to-use, so no matter where I'm at I can access my CRM data and edit records on the go.
- Salesforce has a huge app exchange with 3rd party solutions that seamlessly integrate with your instance of Salesforce.
- Salesforce is very expensive. They have several different products and editions, but the cheaper editions are often missing one or two key features that you need, so you're forced to pay for a more expensive edition which can end up being overkill.
- While Salesforce is highly customizable, if you want a feature out of the box you will have to pay a lot more. So if you don't have the development experience to build something out in your Salesforce instance, you need to purchase an add-on from Salesforce. And often times these add-ons seem like things that should be included in the product anyways.
- Salesforce is complicated and can take time to learn, meaning you'll need to spend resources to have someone in your organization trained on the product to get it's full value.
- Talks nicely with other platforms. A central hub to plug in the rest of your stack.
- I feel like the Lightning platform is easy to use. If it's not easy, reps will not use it.
- So many of my clients use it so it's good for my team to use SF so they are familiar with their clients' CRM.
- Opportunity Creation. I still have to go to the classic view to build out opps which is cumbersome.
- Support tickets could be answered quicker.
- Highlights on technology partners. Maybe I would see a technology that compliments my other plug ins inside SF.
- Organizing all data into a presentable format
- It is really customizable based on my needs
- I can use it to visualise all of the accounts and people I work with and it has the functionality for me to manage my whole job
- Could be a more intuitive user interface - sometimes finding things can be difficult
- Dashboard view could use some tidying up
- Logging in can sometimes be a challenge from different machines
- It allowed us to keep very detailed notes about our clients, and the capability to track hiring managers if they moved to different companies
- We were able to keep track of our consultants as well, including all of their personal info and hiring manager info, which helped us if there were openings on the same team or with the same manager
- We also used Salesforce.com to keep a running dashboard of our internal sales numbers, so everyone knew how close they were to their goals/quotas in real time
- Sometimes difficult to find the correct search filters when looking for a consultant or client
- Was used more by sales people than recruiters, not as much functionality for recruiters
- There are so many possibilities for functionality that it was sometimes difficult to know all of those possibilities without more comprehensive training
Not well suited for someone strictly on the recruiting side
- Salesforce nails the reporting suite. It's so robust and refined, that it makes my job 10 times more efficient.
- Task and recurring meetings. I love logging in everyday and knowing exactly what I have lined up for the day, or at least an idea of it. This helps me organize my calendar.
- Notes, emails, plugins. I love being able to take notes directly into the Account/Opportunity, and then in turn send emails directly to the client from there as well. Also, if i'm in my work email, and I email a client directly, I can then easily attach said email into my Salesforce account via one easy click.
- Reporting. At times it's a little too robust, and can lack certain intuitive features, especially when it comes to filters.
- Drag n Drop. It would be great to be able to drag and drop a file directly into an Opportunity or Account.
Say you are a customer success manager, and you need to find out when or why a certain customer churned, theoretically it's all there in the opportunity. You should have their entire history, products suites, surveys and any supporting notes and documents.
The only scenario I don't think SFDC excels in would be utilizing it as a ticketing system. There are just too many systems specifically geared to that industry that have it more built out and user-friendly.
- Salesforce is great at day to day organization through schedules tasks and events. It helps with efficiency as you have your required tasks laid out for you as soon as you log in.
- Customization in Salesforce is both a blessing and a curse. If you understand how to utilize custom fields to better organize your list views and reporting it is invaluable.
- Being able to mass email directly from the platform is great as it automatically logs the activity and streamlines the process
- It is a very intimidating platform to new users. It's not at all intuitive or user friendly and definitely requires some training and help.
- No customer service. If you only pay for the basic license good luck figuring out problems as customer service just refers you to the community boards to search for it there.
- Everything in one spot, on-the go. I can make changes and look up anything at any time with any client or prospect.
- Everything is so organized. The search tool is great with finding partial phrases of cases and prospects.
- Everyone connected. With Chatter, I can get in touch with anyone to help get tasks done quicker and more efficient.
- A lot of pieces. I've made some mistakes with all of the pieces, remembering the difference between an Account, Contact, Lead, Opportunity, etc. but I'm getting use to it. Mastering these will make the search tool much more effective.
- A few times I didn't receive notifications from the app. I had to log into the app to see them. I deleted the app and downloaded it again, and I haven't had any issues.
- Sometimes pushing data up to Salesforce has some issues. There have been a handful of times I've spent hours trying to get a Contact person's info correctly. This has resulted in incomplete and duplicate contacts and opportunities.
Less Appropriate: I wouldn't want to rely on Salesforce for all of my contacts with prospects. It works great for current clients and the final steps of turning a prospect to a client. Anything before the agreement, I prefer to do out of Salesforce.
- Provides visibility on accounts, opportunities, customers and prospects.
- It integrates with most other tools.
- Provides accurate visibility on employees performance and activity.
- Provides key insights through reporting.
- It looks dated. There is a new version that is visually nicer but it lacks functionality.
- It’s very complex to make changes and requires a lot of time to maintain.
- If it’s not configured well it is a waste of time. You only get out what you put in.
- It can be difficult to get quick support.
- Salesforce is the most flexible CRM that I have evaluated. I am constantly finding new and better ways to manage teams and sales.
- Salesforce does a very good job of supporting our business. We do have the premier support plan and that allows me to get help any time I need it.
- The Salesforce AppExchange is great! We have deployed many tools and utilities to augment our implementation.
- The reporting side of Salesforce is a little limited for our use but I can take anything out to Excel so I am able to get what I want from the system.
- This secure cloud base software is incredible it can be used by any size or type of business.
- Salesforce has transformed the way our company collects data and presents it in a single view. All the teams can get immediate access. Now we see what product and sales person is performing best right from the dashboard.
- Salesforce allows us to trigger a campaign right from the dashboard instantly on mobile. It has branded email to stay consistent with emails.
- We can pull data from Amazon and create data sets. It has the ability to create apps in a matter of minutes.
- Salesforce provides 5 star support including phone, online, knowledge based and video tutorials.
- More shortcuts for upsales and to save time.
- Real time view of customers.
- Salesforce is one of the best CRMs I have ever seen.
Salesforce is widely recognized as being one of the best customer relationship management softwares delivered over the internet or cloud. No need to delete apps on our computers to free up space to install softwares or the supper tech stuff like servers. All we need is a internet connection. Salesforce is a industry leader. It can record all aspects of our customers interactions from phone calls, emails, meetings and social media.
One of the best options is to email the reports directly out to the requested users daily/weekly which they love and the directors love the dashboards which they use for Board meetings.
- The dashboards are my favorite section. Great for a snapshot view of current situations.
- The workflows are so easy to setup yourself. No need for Salesforce specialists at all. Very simple and user friendly.
- You can select specific dates and times to send an email group of person a report which is great. Ensures those reports for specific meetings are never delayed.
- Linking it to other systems could be better, for example SAP, which it really struggled with.
- The number of columns is limited which is incredibly frustrating. Would be better with a scrolling bar.
- Loading numerous amounts of data at a time can be difficult. We had to create a macro upload button which was a workaround to a problem that shouldn't be there to start with..
- Chatter. I believe the chatter feature is vital, it allows employees working from home to accurately and efficiently convey information to employees working in the office.
- Egnyte built in features: It is huge to be able to review critical files while simultaneously being able to make and communicate decisions to others in the firm all on the same screen.
- Tasks features: I live in tasks. It is infinitely easier for me to have a running task list then in it to go back and forth between salesforce and a third party Calendar app
- File Storage: When storing files directly in Salesforce, I have experienced confusion and difficulty attempting to retrieve them.
- Email feature: When emailing a request to another user via the salesforce email feature, it would be beneficial to have a direct link to that client page in the email being sent.
- The Kanban feature: I would love to see the ability to sort in to the Kanban style filter for all opportunities, not only for files that I am listed as the owner of.
- Campaign attribution
- Campaign tracking
- Lead source tracking
- Multi Touch Attribution
- Account Based Marketing, lead to account matching to enable ABM campaign tracking
- Reporting across the lifecycle of a campaign and tactic/activity influence
- When you disqualify a contact/lead in SalesForce, it does not disappear so you can always revise your action. Not the case with Dynamics.
- More information fits on one page, so you do not have to open 10 subwindows to get to the content you wish.
- The search function can show you everything on a specific company that is in the system, other CRM platforms lack this function.
- It would be great to have an overview of opportunities related to an account even if they are not related to the currently reviewed contact.
- Logging an activity takes too many actions, at some point the conversation itself is shorter than the process of logging it after.
- Account Management - able to structure account hierarchy
- Contact Management - able to track activity, offers, and pending tasks
- Visibility into all contacts in an account to make sure we don't send mixed messaging
- At times can run slow, this may be due to our internal customizations
- Limited options as a user to resolve issues, dependent upon others to fix problems
- Reporting is a bit confusing, not intuitive to create useful reports on the fly
- In-depth reporting
- Customized contact and company properties
- Easy to use and segment accounts
- No live support - unless it is an urgent matter, there is no phone number to call. Support tickets are submitted via email and it takes a while for them to respond.
Salesforce Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Salesforce is a web-based CRM application that enables users to forecast revenues and track leads. It is a leading sales, service, and marketing app. Salesforce.com's Sales (CRM), Service, Platform and Marketing applications are designed to help companies connect with customers, partners, and employees in entirely new ways. According to the vendor, on average, reps using Salesforce see: a +29% increase in sales from greater visibility, +34% increase in sales productivity, and +42% increase in forecast accuracy.
Salesforce Technical Details