https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/l0/pv/LVR8JXQCFPV6.PNGMinute by Minute User of Salesforce!Our entire team uses Salesforce daily... not even daily, but minute-by-minute. All of our operations from recruiting, marketing, sales to customer success uses Salesforce to ensure our process are as streamlined as possible and nothing falls through the cracks. Some of the integrations with Salesforce we use are Enthusem for automated direct mail, TaskRay for project management, Outreach for sales, Ebsta, HubSpot and ZoomInfo for marketing. These integrations make our transition from recruiting to marketing to sales to success seamless!,They don't try to be everything, they just let everything integrate. Lightning is a great experience for our users. Workflow rules allow us to automate process. Integrations allow our departments to work seamlessly.,Catching up Lightning to have all the same functionality as classic. You have to bounce back and forth a lot. Sometimes it's hard to get to the data you're looking for. Allow for more data on dashboards.,10,Sales reps can easily track their opportunities. Management can easily build reports to track opportunities. Communication with clients has been more seamless.,InsideSales.com Predictive Pipeline,HubSpot, Outreach, SlackSales improvement with SalesforceThe software is being used by my team as a research tool for companies involved with nature conservation and production proposals; in which they need to plan a balance between both areas. The software is being used for prepared company scenarios for production and how they can sell their products, contacts and invoices, including the flow chart to do so and the recommendation of the implementation of a similar software. I did all this work to look for the money to invest in nature by the companies, and that needs to be balanced somehow.,Contacting your costumers It's simple to learn and use I can use it with flexibility at the office or my cellphone Everything is in the right place to increase my productivity,Provide training for users Provide guidance to pull up reports Provide guidance on how to make a better analysis,9,More contacts to companies that need planning services for nature conservation Keep track of the jobs I've been working on and their progress Have more nature conservation surface area,HubSpot Sales,Zoho CRM, Google Analytics, Microsoft Dynamics CRMSalesforce - Information at your fingertipsSalesforce is used by all sales teams and the marketing team within Balboa Capital. Salesforce enables our sales teams to engage with prospects, track notes, approvals, business opportunities, and ultimately submit applications. The marketing team uses Salesforce to track key metrics put in place by c-suite executives. From a marketing perspective, Salesforce.com allows us to pull custom sales reports in order to see how sales representatives are engaging with leads, the quality of leads, ROI on campaigns, lead life cycle, and forecasting. Salesforce.com provides us with a one-stop CRM system where we are able to pull important information immediately rather than waiting on IT to create a report on the back end.,Sales representatives can easily and securely store all important information pertaining to a record. Such as activity notes, call backs, opportunities, applications. There is improved organization of information once we migrated to Salesforce. The Salesforce reporting feature is easy to manage. Whether you are looking to create a simple leads report, or pull a complex accounts with applications report, all information within Salesforce is easily gatherable, editable, and exportable. I have been able to create my own reports within minutes that would have taken weeks for IT to build. Salesforce is fully customizable. If a feature you would like in your CRM system is not available with the "out of the box" purchase, you can easily visit the AppExchange to find the tool you would like to add. Salesforce empowers our sales team with the ability to have enchanced communication. Prior to using Salesforce, many of our sales representatives would use the sticky note method as a way of reminding themselves when to call back a specific record. Now, all follow up tasks automatically populate for sales representatives, so there is no more loosing accounts or forgetting about a meeting. Communication such as voicemails, emails, and call back tasks can be completely automated by using applications that sync with Salesforce.,Customization was a factor with the way that we use Salesforce. If your business sales cycle tends to be complex, you may need to think about hiring a Salesforce Admin to essentially customize your product. Salesforce is not easily customize-able for the everyday user. If you are unfamiliar with the way that Salesforce reports gather information or what information you are looking to pull, then the reporting feature may be confusing. It would be helpful if Salesforce provided users with simplified instructions for some of the most highly used reports. Salesforce updates may cause errors on customized triggers or work flows. Often times, if the CRM is updated to the newest edition, customized work flows that were created by your Salesforce admin may not function correctly. Time is spent finding the code and fixing the error on the back end.,9,From a marketing standpoint, I am able to pull various reports that look at campaign engagement, cost of campaign, and if any findings have occurred from campaign responses. This allows me to make decisions on cutting budgets for specific marketing campaigns, or placing more budget into a high performing campaign. We now have the ability to pull reports that show engagement attempts on leads. These reports allow us to ensure all leads in our database are being followed up in a timely manner, and that no lead is lost in the system. By ensuring that our sales representatives have high engagement on leads, we have ultimately increased our sales. Overall, Salesforce has had a positive impact on our company. A year ago we were using an archaic CRM system that bound us to the mere capacity of the database. Working with Salesforce has enabled us to implement and work with better sales functions and solutions that improve our company as a whole.,Oracle Siebel CRM,ZoomInfo, InsideSales.com Predictive PowerDialer, Conversica, MarketoGreat for client support and closing prospectsWe use Salesforce for both clients and prospects. I've only used it for the past year, but our mother company has been using it for quite some time. Only recently have we imported our data and contacts from our old CRM into Salesforce.,Everything in one spot, on-the go. I can make changes and look up anything at any time with any client or prospect. Everything is so organized. The search tool is great with finding partial phrases of cases and prospects. Everyone connected. With Chatter, I can get in touch with anyone to help get tasks done quicker and more efficient.,A lot of pieces. I've made some mistakes with all of the pieces, remembering the difference between an Account, Contact, Lead, Opportunity, etc. but I'm getting use to it. Mastering these will make the search tool much more effective. A few times I didn't receive notifications from the app. I had to log into the app to see them. I deleted the app and downloaded it again, and I haven't had any issues. Sometimes pushing data up to Salesforce has some issues. There have been a handful of times I've spent hours trying to get a Contact person's info correctly. This has resulted in incomplete and duplicate contacts and opportunities.,9,Positive: Having all of the client's info, including the signed agreement, all in one place for me to review and send to billing. Negative: Having a prospect wait on an agreement because I can't figure out which small part of the Contact or Opportunity is messed up so I can't continue the process. Positive: Being able to see contacts from sister companies. I've been able to get a lot of solid info simply by using the search tool.,Outreach,OutreachBest CRM software available on the marketWe have embraced Salesforce CRM as our best business automation solution, marketing automation software, team collaboration and during this period we have seen a tremendous increase in our sales compared to previously when we had not started using Salesforce. It is customizable and supports the various departments in our organizations from a central point.,General increase in sales Redution in paperwork Selling smarter and faster Business processes automation Accessibility accross devices.,Salesforce customization can be expensive Salesforce require training to use,9,Increase in sales Reduction of paper work in the office Easy reports generation
Salesforce.com
1948 Ratings

Salesforce Reviews

Salesforce
1948 Ratings
Top Rated Award
Filter 1948 vetted Salesforce reviews and ratings
June 08, 2018

User Review: "Minute by Minute User of Salesforce!"

• They don't try to be everything, they just let everything integrate.
  • Lightning is a great experience for our users.
  • Workflow rules allow us to automate process.
  • Integrations allow our departments to work seamlessly.
  • Catching up Lightning to have all the same functionality as classic. You have to bounce back and forth a lot.
  • Sometimes it's hard to get to the data you're looking for.
  • Allow for more data on dashboards.
Best for tracking leads for sales teams.
Read Angela Medlar's full review
May 04, 2018

User Review: "Sales improvement with Salesforce"

• Contacting your costumers
  • It's simple to learn and use
  • I can use it with flexibility at the office or my cellphone
  • Everything is in the right place to increase my productivity
  • Provide training for users
  • Provide guidance to pull up reports
  • Provide guidance on how to make a better analysis
The software is really powerful in every area, and makes me understand the reason behind sales and how I could be in touch with my costumers, even if I'm a planner for territory and environment. All you need to do is have your flow chart very clear and process the work under your guidelines, and it is the most helpful software you can use for improve your sales, no matter what area you work with. With the right choice of products and software settings, the software will suit you nicely.
Read Yemsi Pino's full review
April 12, 2018

Review: "Salesforce - Information at your fingertips"

• Sales representatives can easily and securely store all important information pertaining to a record. Such as activity notes, call backs, opportunities, applications. There is improved organization of information once we migrated to Salesforce.
  • The Salesforce reporting feature is easy to manage. Whether you are looking to create a simple leads report, or pull a complex accounts with applications report, all information within Salesforce is easily gatherable, editable, and exportable. I have been able to create my own reports within minutes that would have taken weeks for IT to build.
  • Salesforce is fully customizable. If a feature you would like in your CRM system is not available with the "out of the box" purchase, you can easily visit the AppExchange to find the tool you would like to add.
  • Salesforce empowers our sales team with the ability to have enchanced communication. Prior to using Salesforce, many of our sales representatives would use the sticky note method as a way of reminding themselves when to call back a specific record. Now, all follow up tasks automatically populate for sales representatives, so there is no more loosing accounts or forgetting about a meeting. Communication such as voicemails, emails, and call back tasks can be completely automated by using applications that sync with Salesforce.
  • Customization was a factor with the way that we use Salesforce. If your business sales cycle tends to be complex, you may need to think about hiring a Salesforce Admin to essentially customize your product. Salesforce is not easily customize-able for the everyday user.
  • If you are unfamiliar with the way that Salesforce reports gather information or what information you are looking to pull, then the reporting feature may be confusing. It would be helpful if Salesforce provided users with simplified instructions for some of the most highly used reports.
  • Salesforce updates may cause errors on customized triggers or work flows. Often times, if the CRM is updated to the newest edition, customized work flows that were created by your Salesforce admin may not function correctly. Time is spent finding the code and fixing the error on the back end.
Salesforce.com has been an excellent tool for gathering business intelligence and analytical information. If your company is looking for a CRM system that is compatible, allows for ease of communication across departments, and access to various reports, then Salesforce is your solution. If pricing is a large weighing factor, then Salesforce.com may not be the best CRM product for your company.
Read Whitney Slothower's full review
March 01, 2018

Salesforce Review: "Great for client support and closing prospects"

• Everything in one spot, on-the go. I can make changes and look up anything at any time with any client or prospect.
  • Everything is so organized. The search tool is great with finding partial phrases of cases and prospects.
  • Everyone connected. With Chatter, I can get in touch with anyone to help get tasks done quicker and more efficient.
  • A lot of pieces. I've made some mistakes with all of the pieces, remembering the difference between an Account, Contact, Lead, Opportunity, etc. but I'm getting use to it. Mastering these will make the search tool much more effective.
  • A few times I didn't receive notifications from the app. I had to log into the app to see them. I deleted the app and downloaded it again, and I haven't had any issues.
  • Sometimes pushing data up to Salesforce has some issues. There have been a handful of times I've spent hours trying to get a Contact person's info correctly. This has resulted in incomplete and duplicate contacts and opportunities.
Best suited: My favorite part of the app is when someone sends a Chatter to me regarding a task for a client. I am able to instantly respond, making my client's wait time much better than having to wait until I get back to a computer.

Less Appropriate: I wouldn't want to rely on Salesforce for all of my contacts with prospects. It works great for current clients and the final steps of turning a prospect to a client. Anything before the agreement, I prefer to do out of Salesforce.
Read DavidLee Martinez's full review
May 29, 2018

Salesforce Review: "Best CRM software available on the market"

• General increase in sales
  • Redution in paperwork
  • Selling smarter and faster
  • Business processes automation
  • Accessibility accross devices.
  • Salesforce customization can be expensive
  • Salesforce require training to use
Salesforce is suitable for medium and large size organizations who would like to manage their customers from one central point, manage marketing campaigns, manage leads and automate various business processes.
Read anne wanjau's full review
January 29, 2018

Salesforce Review: "Complex but a must!"

Salesforce is being used across the entire organisation as a core CRM. It allows us to manage all aspects of the business from contacting leads to managing opportunities and customers.
  • Provides visibility on accounts, opportunities, customers and prospects.
  • It integrates with most other tools.
  • Provides accurate visibility on employees performance and activity.
  • Provides key insights through reporting.
  • It looks dated. There is a new version that is visually nicer but it lacks functionality.
  • It’s very complex to make changes and requires a lot of time to maintain.
  • If it’s not configured well it is a waste of time. You only get out what you put in.
  • It can be difficult to get quick support.
It is well suited when you need visibility on all your customers and prospects and when you need to keep and eye on productivity. For very small business it may not be necessary and a bit overkill.
Read Stratford Canning's full review
January 24, 2018

User Review: "Salesforce is the best CRM...period."

I implemented Salesforce for the sales unit at Commenco and we use it to manage our sales opportunities and pipeline. We also use it to push customer/account information to our quoting tool Quosal. The rest of the company is evaluating how other elements of the Salesforce product line can help manage accounting, service, etc...
  • Salesforce is the most flexible CRM that I have evaluated. I am constantly finding new and better ways to manage teams and sales.
  • Salesforce does a very good job of supporting our business. We do have the premier support plan and that allows me to get help any time I need it.
  • The Salesforce AppExchange is great! We have deployed many tools and utilities to augment our implementation.
  • The reporting side of Salesforce is a little limited for our use but I can take anything out to Excel so I am able to get what I want from the system.
Salesforce is well suited for companies large or small that need to manage customer relationships and new and existing customer sales processes. We are a technology hardware re-seller and I do not find the quoting tools within Salesforce to designed for re-sellers that operate in a buy/sell mode and where pricing fluctuates.
Read Mike Markham's full review
February 21, 2018

"Salesforce CRM Review"

Yes we are using Saleforce throughout the whole company. We are making huge advancements with it. It has given us the power to go through a lot of data and discover various insights.
  • This secure cloud base software is incredible it can be used by any size or type of business.
  • Salesforce has transformed the way our company collects data and presents it in a single view. All the teams can get immediate access. Now we see what product and sales person is performing best right from the dashboard.
  • Salesforce allows us to trigger a campaign right from the dashboard instantly on mobile. It has branded email to stay consistent with emails.
  • We can pull data from Amazon and create data sets. It has the ability to create apps in a matter of minutes.
  • Salesforce provides 5 star support including phone, online, knowledge based and video tutorials.
  • More shortcuts for upsales and to save time.
  • Real time view of customers.
  • Salesforce is one of the best CRMs I have ever seen.
Salesforce is completely customizable. It has popular features to manage sales teams, which improves productivity and reduces internal costs. By using this tool to create a sales workflow, we can rely on accurate sales forecasts. Salesforce also provides tools to help manage email campaigns producing sales results at the lowest possible costs.

Salesforce is widely recognized as being one of the best customer relationship management softwares delivered over the internet or cloud. No need to delete apps on our computers to free up space to install softwares or the supper tech stuff like servers. All we need is a internet connection. Salesforce is a industry leader. It can record all aspects of our customers interactions from phone calls, emails, meetings and social media.
Read Denise D. BA Website Developer's full review
July 14, 2018

Review: "Salesforce.com the best tool for recruitment and BD"

I work for an Executive Search Firm, and we were using MS Excel before as a candidate database. However, using excel makes it hard for us to manage the relationship with our candidates and clients since we can not indicate real-time across all of our employees the positions we recruited a single candidate, the people whom the candidate talked to over the phone, and also where the candidate was presented before.

Salesforce, however, made it easy for us to update everyone in our firm regarding the preferences of the candidate, the positions he applied for, what were the next steps on those job applications and to whom the candidate have established a relationship with within our firm.

We were able to make sending emails to candidates fast and reliable without compromising the quality of being personalized. We were able to create myriad automated email templates that acknowledge candidate's history with our firm, and in return, we get more tractions regarding interest from them in applying to those opportunities we are recruiting them.

• It provides seamless candidate tracking opportunity.
  • It provides businesses with solutions to their existing problems such as our problem on how we can be abreast company-wide regarding our candidates' status.
  • It provides a great customer experience by having the support that we can cling to whenever there are downtimes or technical issues.
  • Not costly, and the pricing is justifiable with the solution the software is offering.
  • Whenever we upload the candidate's resume or interview notes in our system, it takes time for us to confirm that it is really uploaded.
  • We use the BD and TargetRecruit platform powered by SalesForce, and sometimes it is really hard to integrate them.
  • Not all customer support of salesforce are abreast on how to troubleshoot system problem. I hope they train their people to be the select few who can really resolve issues offline.
It is well suited to any companies that are currently experiencing problems. They can provide a solution in terms of recommending a system that can help in the business development, relationship building, and client management advancement of a single firm.
July 09, 2018

User Review: "Salesforce is FUN to use"

Our marketing and sales department uses Salesforce to track leads and opportunities, as well as the accounts and contacts associated with the opportunities. Additionally, we sell our software through a partner channel. Salesforce makes it easy for us to manage our channel partners as well as our existing prospects and customers. Aside from selling software, we also provide consulting services. Our consulting manager tracks her projects in Salesforce as well.
  • Salesforce is extremely customizable. No matter how unique your business processes are, they can be created in Salesforce.
  • The Salesforce mobile app is very powerful and easy-to-use, so no matter where I'm at I can access my CRM data and edit records on the go.
  • Salesforce has a huge app exchange with 3rd party solutions that seamlessly integrate with your instance of Salesforce.
  • Salesforce is very expensive. They have several different products and editions, but the cheaper editions are often missing one or two key features that you need, so you're forced to pay for a more expensive edition which can end up being overkill.
  • While Salesforce is highly customizable, if you want a feature out of the box you will have to pay a lot more. So if you don't have the development experience to build something out in your Salesforce instance, you need to purchase an add-on from Salesforce. And often times these add-ons seem like things that should be included in the product anyways.
  • Salesforce is complicated and can take time to learn, meaning you'll need to spend resources to have someone in your organization trained on the product to get it's full value.
Salesforce can handle all of your CRM needs - whether you're in marketing and sales and need to track leads and opportunities, or if you're on the support team and have to keep track of customer cases. Salesforce makes it easy to manage all touchpoints with your customers, prospects, and partners so you always have accurate and up-to-date information with a complete view of the customer. With Communities you can take things a step further by building out websites where your customers and partners can engage with one another and get self-service support (knowledge base).
May 07, 2018

User Review: "Salesforce Connects The Most"

It's used by the whole organization in sales, marketing, and support. Management, like myself, uses Salesforce to get the reports we need. It keeps our data uniform so we can run automation on top of it. It tracks our pipeline, holds account and lead info, and gives me the data I need to make executive decisions across sales and marketing.
  • Talks nicely with other platforms. A central hub to plug in the rest of your stack.
  • I feel like the Lightning platform is easy to use. If it's not easy, reps will not use it.
  • So many of my clients use it so it's good for my team to use SF so they are familiar with their clients' CRM.
  • Opportunity Creation. I still have to go to the classic view to build out opps which is cumbersome.
  • Support tickets could be answered quicker.
  • Highlights on technology partners. Maybe I would see a technology that compliments my other plug ins inside SF.
If you have a super small sales team or a team that isn't used to inputting data, it may not be the best fit. If you're running a lot of workflows around selected contacts, but need to house a lot of contacts, it's a really good fit.
April 26, 2018

Salesforce Review: "Helps me do my job more efficiently"

It is being used by the whole organisation. We use it to track all aspects of our customer pipeline.
  • Organizing all data into a presentable format
  • It is really customizable based on my needs
  • I can use it to visualise all of the accounts and people I work with and it has the functionality for me to manage my whole job
  • Could be a more intuitive user interface - sometimes finding things can be difficult
  • Dashboard view could use some tidying up
  • Logging in can sometimes be a challenge from different machines
It is really well suited for collecting all information about your customers and managing a piepline of opportunity. It's not great as a way of visiualising data.
July 13, 2018

"Salesforce.com Review"

I worked for a IT/Digital Marketing recruiting agency. We used Salesforce.com to manage client information as well as information about our currently billing consultants
  • It allowed us to keep very detailed notes about our clients, and the capability to track hiring managers if they moved to different companies
  • We were able to keep track of our consultants as well, including all of their personal info and hiring manager info, which helped us if there were openings on the same team or with the same manager
  • We also used Salesforce.com to keep a running dashboard of our internal sales numbers, so everyone knew how close they were to their goals/quotas in real time
  • Sometimes difficult to find the correct search filters when looking for a consultant or client
  • Was used more by sales people than recruiters, not as much functionality for recruiters
  • There are so many possibilities for functionality that it was sometimes difficult to know all of those possibilities without more comprehensive training
Well suited for tracking client info for a sales person

Not well suited for someone strictly on the recruiting side
March 01, 2018

User Review: "Salesforce is a great CRM"

I use Salesforce every day as my CRM. It helps me to keep all my contacts in order. Plus I can run reports on different campaigns I may be working on. My whole team works on the SFDC CRM which is great because the product we sell (Sage Business Cloud Financials) was built natively on the Salesforce platform.
  • Reports
  • Reminders
  • Organizing
  • Easier to use
  • More streamlined
I find SFDC to be a great CRM. I prefer it to Dynamics. It has a clean look and feel - very modern. It is a straightforward CRM. My team really likes using it. We have a product that was built natively on the SFDC platform- a cloud-based accounting solution called Sage Business Cloud Financials.
February 22, 2018

Review: "SalesForce - good platform, but too complex and time consuming"

My company uses mainly Microsoft Dynamics, but the team that works for Google uses Salesforce. It is the main CRM system that helps distribute the qualified by our company opportunities to the Google Field Sales Reps. We keep all client interactions logged into the system, for an easier overview of the whole accounts and separate contacts within accounts.
  • When you disqualify a contact/lead in SalesForce, it does not disappear so you can always revise your action. Not the case with Dynamics.
  • More information fits on one page, so you do not have to open 10 subwindows to get to the content you wish.
  • The search function can show you everything on a specific company that is in the system, other CRM platforms lack this function.
  • It would be great to have an overview of opportunities related to an account even if they are not related to the currently reviewed contact.
  • Logging an activity takes too many actions, at some point the conversation itself is shorter than the process of logging it after.
I would recommend SalesForce for campaigns where legacy data is used, so agents will be able to easily find previous interactions with accounts within other campaigns, as well as marketing operations, email openings and clicks and so on. Competitor products aren't particularly good at this without additional extensions installed on them.
February 09, 2018

Salesforce Review: "SFDC a solid CRM platform"

[It's] Used to track all leads, contacts, and prospects for our sales org. It is being used by the entire organization, it addresses our needs for CRM and tracks our pipeline from inception to close.
  • Account Management - able to structure account hierarchy
  • Contact Management - able to track activity, offers, and pending tasks
  • Visibility into all contacts in an account to make sure we don't send mixed messaging
  • At times can run slow, this may be due to our internal customizations
  • Limited options as a user to resolve issues, dependent upon others to fix problems
  • Reporting is a bit confusing, not intuitive to create useful reports on the fly
As a contact management tool it is great, I am not keen on the reporting features available.
February 07, 2018

User Review: "Some Salesforce experience..."

We used SalesForce across marketing and sales departments as our CRM. We paired it with our marketing automation software to track, manage, and nurture our leads/accounts.
  • In-depth reporting
  • Customized contact and company properties
  • Easy to use and segment accounts
  • No live support - unless it is an urgent matter, there is no phone number to call. Support tickets are submitted via email and it takes a while for them to respond.
SalesForce is a great tool for companies that are looking for a database to store, manage, and nurture their leads and existing accounts. With in-depth reporting, you can generate analytics on almost any scenario.
November 14, 2017

User Review: "The Wonderful World of Salesforce"

Salesforce is used across the company as a point of reference, but the most concentrated use comes from sales, marketing and customer success. It addresses our need to have a one-stop shop for anything and everything regarding our customers. Whether it be product suites, business needs, metrics and anything contractual.
  • Salesforce nails the reporting suite. It's so robust and refined, that it makes my job 10 times more efficient.
  • Task and recurring meetings. I love logging in everyday and knowing exactly what I have lined up for the day, or at least an idea of it. This helps me organize my calendar.
  • Notes, emails, plugins. I love being able to take notes directly into the Account/Opportunity, and then in turn send emails directly to the client from there as well. Also, if i'm in my work email, and I email a client directly, I can then easily attach said email into my Salesforce account via one easy click.
  • Reporting. At times it's a little too robust, and can lack certain intuitive features, especially when it comes to filters.
  • Drag n Drop. It would be great to be able to drag and drop a file directly into an Opportunity or Account.
Salesforce is amazing for many scenarios, pretty hard to find one that doesn't fit. It's great if you are an executive who needs to know everything about an account prior to a meeting, but doesn't want to have to look in a million different places. If you are a sales rep, and you need to know how many opportunities you've created or what's in your pipeline, your dashboard has it.
Say you are a customer success manager, and you need to find out when or why a certain customer churned, theoretically it's all there in the opportunity. You should have their entire history, products suites, surveys and any supporting notes and documents.

The only scenario I don't think SFDC excels in would be utilizing it as a ticketing system. There are just too many systems specifically geared to that industry that have it more built out and user-friendly.
Read John Hilburn's full review
November 06, 2017

Salesforce Review: "Manage your entire sales cycle"

We use Salesforce for both prospecting and account management. The sales department utilizes Salesforce and is not used in other areas of the company. It allows us to efficiently track prospecting activity and schedule check ins with our current customers. It also organizes our database so salespeople don't call into the same accounts.
  • Salesforce is great at day to day organization through schedules tasks and events. It helps with efficiency as you have your required tasks laid out for you as soon as you log in.
  • Customization in Salesforce is both a blessing and a curse. If you understand how to utilize custom fields to better organize your list views and reporting it is invaluable.
  • Being able to mass email directly from the platform is great as it automatically logs the activity and streamlines the process
  • It is a very intimidating platform to new users. It's not at all intuitive or user friendly and definitely requires some training and help.
  • No customer service. If you only pay for the basic license good luck figuring out problems as customer service just refers you to the community boards to search for it there.
In any scenario where you are managing outreach to clients, prospects, or both, I'm hard pressed to find a solution that better manages all aspects in one place. While it isn't ideal for business development, as it is geared towards managing the sales cycle, you can certainly prospect if you keep your instances organized.
Read John Cupoli's full review
October 25, 2017

User Review: "Salesforce Rocks!"

It is used by all of sales, finance and managers for reports. We use it for the CRM platform mainly but also have add-ons for creating quotations and reports/dashboards.

One of the best options is to email the reports directly out to the requested users daily/weekly which they love and the directors love the dashboards which they use for Board meetings.
  • The dashboards are my favorite section. Great for a snapshot view of current situations.
  • The workflows are so easy to setup yourself. No need for Salesforce specialists at all. Very simple and user friendly.
  • You can select specific dates and times to send an email group of person a report which is great. Ensures those reports for specific meetings are never delayed.
  • Linking it to other systems could be better, for example SAP, which it really struggled with.
  • The number of columns is limited which is incredibly frustrating. Would be better with a scrolling bar.
  • Loading numerous amounts of data at a time can be difficult. We had to create a macro upload button which was a workaround to a problem that shouldn't be there to start with..
I think its well suited for larger organizations. I wouldn't say small companies really need it but if you are growing its best to get it earlier so that you don't have to move over loads of data. If you need to send reports at specific times it's great, and the dashboards are awesome!
Read Jayne Pearce's full review
October 17, 2017

User Review: "Salesforce is a Great Integration Tool"

It is being used as a CRM platform for our entire organization. We use it as a means of interoffice communication, as well as sending vital information to third parties using secured links to files in Egnyte via the Salesforce platform. It's an excellent means of intradepartment communication and allows ease of access to vital information for every department in our office.
  • Chatter. I believe the chatter feature is vital, it allows employees working from home to accurately and efficiently convey information to employees working in the office.
  • Egnyte built in features: It is huge to be able to review critical files while simultaneously being able to make and communicate decisions to others in the firm all on the same screen.
  • Tasks features: I live in tasks. It is infinitely easier for me to have a running task list then in it to go back and forth between salesforce and a third party Calendar app
  • File Storage: When storing files directly in Salesforce, I have experienced confusion and difficulty attempting to retrieve them.
  • Email feature: When emailing a request to another user via the salesforce email feature, it would be beneficial to have a direct link to that client page in the email being sent.
  • The Kanban feature: I would love to see the ability to sort in to the Kanban style filter for all opportunities, not only for files that I am listed as the owner of.
Salesforce is excellent in our industry, as a database for the collection of information in regards to a specific case. In addition, I think that Salesforce really carries weight in any industry where you have a large client database that you are attempting to manage. It allows users to comprehensively manage their portfolio of clients.
Read Shawn Petrunak's full review
September 19, 2017

"Salesforce.com Review"

Within the organization, we use SFDC to communicate and track progress with our lead generation provider. We also use it to track all potential clients through the sales funnel process.
  • Track critical customer data
  • Project future success and potential revenues
  • Document interactions with potential customers
  • Document and plan next steps with potential customers
  • There is so much that it is overwhelming
  • Options are not always intuitive for the non-tech
[It's well suited for] any opportunity where tracking customer data is strategically needed.
Read Gene Whaley's full review
September 15, 2017

Salesforce Review: "No brainer!!"

Salesforce is being used as a sales tool. It tracks all of our tasks that needs to get done, tracking all demographic details about our prospects and clients. It is [used for] sending of agreements, sending of ROI analysis, to creating reports and dashboards. It is so completely customizable to every office. It fixed all [business problems] mentioned as everything was done manually [before].
  • Tracks Tasks
  • Automates Emails, Agreements, & ROI Analysis
  • Dashboards
  • Reporting
  • Spell check in emails
It is well suited for any sales organization looking for a streamlined system that is completely customizable. Scenarios like being able to send an agreement out with a click of a button and having integration with Conga to DocuSign makes things so easy, manageable, and trackable. [Same with] Plugging in all follow-up notes and follow updates on prospects, and even running email campaigns based on specific criteria of your prospects. It's endless!!
Read Rich Martinez's full review
August 23, 2017

Salesforce: "SFDC Review"

Salesforce is being used across our entire organization. We use it to track new leads and opportunities, forecasting, and closing business. We find the reporting tools very useful as well. At a company this large, having everything in a centralized location with assigned people for accounts is absolutely critical. Can't imagine not having Salesforce.
  • Tracking opportunities and closing deals.
  • Having new leads and contacts to generate more pipeline.
  • Ability to pull reports.
  • Our Salesforce is extremely messy, due to the large number of accounts. The ability to eliminate duplicate accounts easier would be helpful.
  • Confusion about working out of leads/contacts.
  • Reports aren't always accurate.
I obviously only use Salesforce for sales purposes, so my scenarios are all based around that. Every company should be using Salesforce for B to B sales. It is even applicable for some B to C sales as well. It is a perfect fit for the entire sales process from start to finish.
Read Brent Borgersen's full review
December 05, 2017

Salesforce Review: "SFDC"

SFDC is used widely, the entire sales team and marketing teams are enabled in SFDC. Marketing uses SFDC to track campaigns and demand generation and reporting on the leads coming from those activities. Sales uses SFDC for tracking on opportunities to close. Marketing is keen to understand through SFDC how much marketing activities are influencing pipeline.
  • Campaign attribution
  • Campaign tracking
  • Lead source tracking
  • Multi Touch Attribution
  • Account Based Marketing, lead to account matching to enable ABM campaign tracking
  • Reporting across the lifecycle of a campaign and tactic/activity influence
SFDC is perfect for tracking a lead's journey through the sales cycle, I think where it's lacking is the tracking of the marketing activities that sourced or influenced those leads to close. The ability to see the source of the lead, what influenced it's acceleration is lacking and multi touch attribution on marketing activities would help here.
Read Jaimie Bakas (Crandell)'s full review

Customer data management / contact management (108)
Workflow management (102)
Territory management (82)
Opportunity management (107)
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail) (101)
Contract management (81)
Quote & order management (77)
Interaction tracking (91)
Channel / partner relationship management (71)
Case management (57)
Call center management (43)
Help desk management (47)
Lead management (97)
Email marketing (81)
Task management (93)
Billing and invoicing management (37)
6.7
Reporting (51)
Forecasting (92)
Pipeline visualization (102)
Customizable reports (105)
Custom fields (103)
Custom objects (99)
Scripting environment (72)
API for custom integration (84)
Single sign-on capability (79)
Role-based user permissions (61)
Social data (66)
Social engagement (65)
Marketing automation (88)
Compensation management (56)
Mobile access (95)

About Salesforce

Salesforce is a web-based CRM application that enables users to forecast revenues and track leads.  It is a leading sales, service, and marketing app. Salesforce.com's Sales (CRM), Service, Platform and Marketing applications are designed to help companies connect with customers, partners, and employees in entirely new ways. According to the vendor, on average, reps using Salesforce see: a +29% increase in sales from greater visibility, +34% increase in sales productivity, and +42% increase in forecast accuracy.

Salesforce Features

Sales Force Automation Features
Has featureCustomer data management / contact management
Has featureWorkflow management
Has featureTerritory management
Has featureOpportunity management
Has featureIntegration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail)
Has featureContract management
Has featureQuote & order management
Has featureInteraction tracking
Has featureChannel / partner relationship management
Customer Service & Support Features
Does not have featureCase management
Does not have featureCall center management
Does not have featureHelp desk management
Marketing Automation Features
Has featureLead management
Has featureEmail marketing
CRM Project Management Features
Has featureTask management
Does not have featureBilling and invoicing management
Has featureReporting
Customization Features
Has featureCustom fields
Has featureCustom objects
Has featureScripting environment
Has featureAPI for custom integration
Security Features
Platform Features
Has featureMobile access

Salesforce Screenshots

Salesforce Integrations

123FormBuilder (formerly 123ContactForm), Act-On Software, Agiloft Flexible Service Desk Suite, Ambassador, Artesian, Autopilot, Buddy Media, PROS Smart CPQ, Connect First Contact Center Solution, Demandbase, OneSpan Sign (formerly eSign Live), Ektron Web Content Management System, Oracle Eloqua, Engagor, eTrigue DemandCenter, SalesGenius, Genoo, HubSpot, InsightSquared, LeadLife, LoopFuse, Mavenlink, Adobe Campaign, Net-Results, Oktopost, Pardot, Aprimo, Unbounce, Woopra, Yesware, Zuora, ActiveDEMAND, Lead Liaison Lead Management Automation, Planyo Online Booking System, HG Focus, etouches Event Management Platform, Makesbridge, Phonedeck, Mautic Marketing Automation, Zoho Creator, Celoxis, HRMSSoft, FieldService360, ReportMiner, Centerprise Data Integrator, LeadBase, ServiceTrade, CallidusCloud CPQ, CallidusCloud CLM, CallidusCloud Sales Enablement, Interactions Digital Roots (formerly ENGAGE), DataCurrent, Acquia Platform, Right On Interactive, SnapEngage, Boingnet, Sage Intacct, Allocadia, Projector PSA, Oracle Responsys, Wrike, MindTouch, Fathom Connect, Fathom Analytics, Fathom Q, Fathom Customer Care, Paperless Proposal, AWeber, QuoteWerks, Mycroft Assistant, SmartSearch Document Management, Help.com, SendinBlue, Quick Base, Lead Only

Salesforce Competitors