Likelihood to Recommend
PowerApps does a great job of bridging the gap for mobile form entry where needed. We don't have a ton of mobile use cases, but that's because we haven't had a very active online tool kit until the deployment of O365. With most tools behind a firewall, any opportunity to work in business applications has been through VPN and that usually requires a PC/Mac. Now that we're able to access the system through a credentialed entry point in O365, we have the opportunity to think about what our mobile environment could look like. That's where PowerApps comes into our portfolio.
Feature Rating Comparison
Platform User Management
- Easy to create new apps.
- Integration with cloud data sources (Azure, Sharepoint).
- GUI for creators is excellent.
- Mobile and Desktop apps are created simultaneously.
- Customizing interface for phones and tablets.
- You are limited in layout, either phone or tablet, no desktop support.
- The "Code Editor" could use some work. Giving you a bigger canvas so to speak.
- It can be buggy if you make changes to data sources and flows outside of PowerApps. I have had one or two controls "break" because I made changes outside of PowerApps.
It's by far the most superior simply because of its integration with what most companies already have in place Sharepoint, SQL, Azure. It's drag and drop functionality is top notch and the dream of creating mobile apps without having to duplicate the work is amazing as well. Integration alone is what makes PowerApps a no brainer.
Return on Investment
- Freed up time by passing mundane tasks on to the end user.
- Very quick turnaround on some of our simpler requests by end users.
- Programmers aren't the only one who can use this. A quick class and most organization employee can create their own.
- Can empower the end user.
- Works across platforms and form factors.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?