We use PowerApps as a " Go To" for manual, disconnected processes like Purchase Orders, Inventory Control, Asset Management of company owned equipment using barcode scanning with a mobile device. Onboarding new employees, Augmented Reality app for out in the field workers can determine if a particular product like furniture or Air Conditioning Unit would fit in a physical space. Use PowerApps for creating optimal routing for delivery drivers for cost and time savings.
- Recognizes a Dataset and PrePopulated the most common Screens an application would have at its core.
- Easily Connects to all other Microsoft Office software in the same environment
- quicker transition from an "excel macro" person to get up to speed as the code is formatted more like excel formulas and vba macros
- The default Icon sets are functional and useful but somewhat bland
- would be nice to have themes other than color scheme based on a app category name
- adding an additional object to a existing gallery could be easier
PowerApps is well suited for scenarios that are internal to your organization. PowerApps is something that works great if the intended users are all internal employees. For an additional fee you CAN create "Portals PowerApp" that enables it to be client facing for items where you might need forms filled out by a client and have that data be securely sent to a database, SharePoint list or even a live excel document. So if your intention is to create an app that you want to maybe put on Apple Store or Android Play Store, PowerApps is not for you.