Task Management (119)
Team Collaboration (115)
Resource Management (103)
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Three tiers cover Smartsheet's pricing options. The Basic level provides core features for small groups of individuals, while the Team level is recommended for groups of up to 50 people and supports more user features, allows multiple sheet creators, and has reporting functions. The Enterprise level is a custom fit tier for groups of greater than 50 individuals or companies, and may include dedicated support personnel if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Management Dashboard
- Dynamic Veiw
- Automated Work Flow
- Increase the allowed number of uploaded documents per ticket as they are not allowed to upload 10 documents per ticket and the rest to be added manually
- Collapsing all related features in one button
- Smartsheet Mobile app need some enhancement in showing the notifications
- Allows user to create custom and powerful Dashboards
- Allows integrations and to get data from Databases, other SaaS such as Salesforce, etc.
- Allows to create custom reports, publish them on the web easily and filter content availble depending on the user looking at the resource.
- Allows comments, file attachments, proofing, reminders and automations all in the same interface.
- Charts, Cards and Dashboard components could be more customizable in the visual aspect. Compared to Power BI features, Smartsheet Dashboards do not look exciting. We need more colors, more charts, possibility to put animated images on background, etc.
- Could have a more friendly interface or module to manage uploaded files in folders instead of row/file attachments.
- Dashboards could have filters that dynamically change all data available on cards as Power BI already does.
- Adding task and dependencies
- Collaborating with other team members
- Publishing results
- Incorporating other work plans
- Having more prompts for the user
- Maybe a I integration that picks up the type of work plan that has been developed and offers recommendations
- The free user profile is limited understandably but it sucks
- Its hard to overstate the value of familiarity. Being able to use a tool that has some familiarity takes away the time needed to train and orient employees on a new tool and allows an organization to hit the ground running.
- Smartsheet covers most of the basics of a project management tool, the usual tasks, milestones and project viewing options.
- For data viewing, you get multiple data viewing options including a calendar view (good for marketing teams and those who work around scheduling), Kanban, Gaant etc
- Smartsheet can feel like a clone of Microsoft Office especially with 365 being a valuable option for most businesses, in this regard it is hard to justify the separate cost for it.
- Zapier is available for outside integration but you have to pay to use it, it would be good if some integrations were built into Smartsheet itself.
- The easy to use dashboard has enabled us get comprehensive view of projects across the entire business.
- It has streamlined internal communication with ease of sharing information across different teams.
- Smartsheet automates our workflows, enhances collaboration and ensures there are no data silos.
- I like that it saves time for us and ensures we spend less time switching between apps.
- Patience is needed to learn all the tools .More time is required to learn all the features and therefore the learning curve is steep.
- Organizing information into card, grid, calendar and Gantt to view data in multiple ways
- Forms that are customized to collect information internally and externally
- Managing of complex projects and tracking changes to a project sheet in real-time
- User require time to adopt this system
- Smartsheet has no automatic backup
- Smartsheet offers a set of tools that provides unique flexibility to perform precise operations.
- I can set up an ideal organization of my projects and quickly create very intuitive specific reports.
- All tasks are presented in Smartsheet then adapted to the project schedule more precisely and in detail.
- If you need the best references for project management, Smartsheet has what you need.
- The learning curve for those new to project management and who have had no previous contact with other similar software will be tricky.
- It is incredible and beneficial to contribute a great success in the performance of tasks.
- It has given a precise changed meaning to optimize the projects.
- It is fantastic to manage and control the content of activities in a simple way.
- The support has given me the strength to achieve a great job.
- It should be more fluid in terms of interface; every time I move from one activity to another, slowness is noticed.
We use it to integrate it with Power BI to have live dashboard basis information input by users for live tracking.
- Can connect with multiple software.
- Forms and the Automation workflows which can be integrated with other Microsoft services.
- Can be connected directly to Power BI.
- It gives the user the ability to create formulae.
- SSO level Enterprise security.
- One can easily import an Excel to start with Smartsheet and export as well.
- Inter-connectivity between different smart sheets.
- A lot of In-built templates are already there for users help.
- One can create separate Workspaces and provide access to different people.
- A nice collaboration tool with controlled access.
- One can easily check that the row count is significantly less than Excel hence data with significantly less number of observations can be created.
- If you have created a workspace, you can't give individual access without providing access to the entire workspace. For e.g., I have two files in my workspace, and I want user ABC to have access to the first file and user XYZ to have access to the second file. I can't do that.
- You cannot attach any item in an automated workflow. The observations go as a table in the body of the email.
- Real time Multi-user edit is a pain for all collaboration tools and Smartsheet is no exception.
I generally use Smartsheet where I need to work with less data. Generally, for documenting projects or maintaining process trackers. This tool serves really good if you have to remind other teams to input the data at a particular time of the month/week/fortnight or any other frequency. One can create a requisition form so no one has to rely upon Outlook where one can never audit old items. It is more transparent, and the entire world knows what the team is working on.
I used it for some projects, too, because it has Gantt template. Also, managing the team's leaves is a piece of cake with the help of Smartsheet.
I would say, wherever you have to collaborate, and the data is less, you can use it.
- It is undoubtedly a great program that helps keep a whole work successful in the internal activities of any workplace.
- It has a significant challenge: to have control of the tasks at a great potential of fluency.
- Its support has given me a great opportunity that determines the quality.
- It has a very high price; they should consider adjusting it to the cost of the competition; it would certainly be a privilege.
The solution solves project management needs and provides teams with an unique approach to project management and workflow automation.
- Visualizing tasks in Gantt chart
- The calendar mode that shows the progress of activities
- Notification center
- Tasks and resources management
- Requires time to adapt
- No free version
- Requires strong internet connection since it's cloud based
- Summarization of data
- Multiple project views
- Data entry
- Custom project creation
- Ease of Use
- Very Intuitive
- Cost Effective
- More equation based logic opportunities
- Text notifications when sheet is updated
- Smartsheet provides a dynamic and intelligent way to manage work teams, tasks, and projects effectively.
- Its interface makes all the difference and helps us keep all our project and task information organized while moving forward.
- It has helped us carry out organized management and track the progress of all our projects in each of its stages.
- It isn't straightforward to export project information in standard formats.
- It should have more search parameters in the projects.
- Exports to Excel are simple and attractive.
- The ability to message other users in the same use space is practical.
- Once dashboards are created, it allows for everything needed on a daily basis to be right at your fingertips.
- Being able to have multiple Smartsheet pages open at the same time is crucial. Not all programs allow for this.
- Once a system is in place, it's challenging to change or update something because each instance of that change has to be updated. We have 20 centers, so have to update things 20 times in most instances.
- Smartsheet lets us create our own personal level portfolios, so each employee in the project group can present his or her ideas and resume in an organized manner.
- Has a very extensive collection of templates for different types of dashboards.
- Can be used to cover project operations that would normally depend on marketing agencies, making it possible to cover project marketing to a certain extent.
- Lacks some clearly essential functions for working with business processes, such as a mapping system directly to the processes.
- Workflows cannot be designed and modeled within the platform, which sometimes limits our view of the work.
- Gantt view.
- Share functionality.
- Changes in the cloud available to all users.
- Currently not plugged in to any other software/programs we use in the PMO.
- Folder structure is confusing.
It doesn't solve all resourcing needs, so those are solved for in other programs/software.
- It's a little bulky/clunky
- It's capabilities aren't very robust
- Larger organizations may find it's functionalities a little too simple.
- Collaboration between the project team and clients.
- Ease of use.
- Overall project tracking ability and customization.
- Smartsheet support is responsive and provides quick solutions to any business case issues.
- Administration of users, security settings and all documents (only on the Teams license).
- Lack of reports into user activity (might only be a Teams License issue).
- Issues connecting to legacy software through API or other methods.
- Updates in real time.
- Allows multiple users.
- It's a little "clunky" when you first start out.
- The free version soon can soon rendered "obsolete" but that could be viewed as a positive.
- There is an area to upload documents
- You are able to tag others in a thread to keep track of conversations in a request
- You are able to customize fields easily
- Not automatically saving
- Not being able to tag people who have submitted the request if they don't have an account with smartsheets
- Charts and visualizations.
- Fast and reliable service.
- Limited template format.
- Takes somewhat longer to learn how to use.
- Limited messaging functionality.
- Easy collaboration & note sharing.
- Work on tasks remotely.
- Switch between views: List, calendar, gantt chart, etc.
- Not very user friendly.
- Limited activity log.
- Pricey compared to other tools.
- Easily creates table schedules with preset column types for different types of information.
- Generates a Gantt chart from tables with little complication.
- Exports a clean looking PDF for client presentation and deliverable.
- Allows filtering of information for easy focusing on certain parameters.
- Formatting of reports to show Gantts is limited
- Editing of tables and joining of cells to present data is not always possible.
- Buttons/options on top, right, left, in pop ups is not always intuitive or user friendly.
Smartsheet may not be the best suited if you: want similar control and advanced capabilities such as Excel offers, want ultimate control over editing reports and output of information, all users to be licensed, and full ability to create sheets from nothing.
- gantt view
- UI, while intuitive for Excel users, is a little clunky.
- Hard to just share a link without joining people.