Smartsheet Reviews

December 30, 2020
We use Smartsheet to solve a number of problems within our division and company as a whole. Everything from event timelines, project manangement, financial reporting and staffing resources. We have streamlined and eliminated a number of manual processes over the past few years, and are constantly finding new ways to use the product.
  • Automated tasks & notifications
  • Visualization of key data and metrics
  • Ease of use
  • Formatting and branding capabilites
  • Some newer functionality is not as intuitive
  • You need to purchase additional "premium" applications in order to use the product to its full potential
Anything that was done on a spreadsheet, word document or similar can be easily transfered to Smartsheet. The area I see that is currently lacking is inventory management solution and some of the premium add-ons could be better.
February 27, 2020
Cameron Stenmark | TrustRadius Reviewer
Smartsheet is being used by my organization on a wide variety of operations. We track our employees' and consultants' time across multiple projects. We track projects' progress with the Dashboard feature. We track and manage all company and consultant invoices. We also store resource contact information, leave/vacation tracking, and track our onboarding process for new employees.
Overall, Smartsheet has helped our business track and manage many different processes throughout our entire organization.
  • Gantt charts for projects with dependencies for project scheduling and management.
  • Security within the organization, including the ability to quickly add someone as a viewer or editor if needed.
  • Conditional formatting provides a clear visual aid of what is going on within each sheet, depending on what you want each rule to do.
  • Better export formatting.
  • The ability to archive easier.
  • Improvement in app functionality.
Smartsheets is helpful for project management and task list tracking. It has robust features and abilities that most professionals are familiar with, plus it has great collaboration features that keep people updated, in the loop, and with access to files they need. It is so easy to collaborate with multiple coworkers on the same sheet and makes working on one document so much easier than other platforms.
Overall, I would say that Smartsheet has provided our organization with the support that it has needed in our over 5 years of using the software. We have not had an issue outside of user management and that was handled within adequate time. New features always take their toll on our users, but it is always handled well and the learning curve is never too large.
Read Cameron Stenmark's full review
January 29, 2020
Joshua Melder | TrustRadius Reviewer
Smartsheet is one of the major project management and data collection tools for our company. Smartsheet is used quite frequently across all departments in admin levels and offers a wide degree of flexibility with regard to dashboard creation and reporting. I use Smartsheet for a wide variety of projects that are both internally and externally-facing. The platform offers a unique cloud-based tool that allows for cross-team collaboration, file sharing, and data analytics. Smartsheet has been a fantastic tool for tracking, communicating with customers, and making work more efficient.
  • Fantastic dashboard creation and customization.
  • Sharing permissions are generous and enable non-paid users the opportunity to collaborate.
  • In order to remain stable, rows and columns are more limited than competitors.
  • Automation creation is nice but could further be refined and expanded in the future.
I think Smartsheet is an incredibly useful tool that enables users to manage projects efficiently and effectively. It is incredibly refined and never feels too slow for a cloud platform. It is incredibly expansive and updates are regularly rolled out to improve and stabilize the platform. Smartsheet is one of my most recommended professional tools for anyone because it is easy to pick up, learn, create meaningful reports, and projects. Furthermore, the user-base is incredibly supportive and engaging with those who ask questions.
I have had several instances during my history with Smartsheet where I have needed assistance to solve a problem. I have been able to research videos and forums that have ample resources and examples for me to learn from. Additionally, Smartsheet offers significant in-house resources to help individuals with issues as well. They have several tools to help understand formula translations, dashboard creation, and sheet linking. In my opinion, they have an incredibly adaptive and responsive helpdesk to better assist users.
Read Joshua Melder's full review
February 23, 2020
We use Smartsheet to support project management within the company, giving access to specific project 'sheets' to the team members involved in its progress. We're able to provide each person the access type that matches their involvement in the project. As well as send them requests for information and updates directly from Smartsheet, which saves time from a management perspective and ensures all necessary info is added to the tool, rather than dispersed across an email. For a company that operates across different office locations, Smartsheet has been our solution to project management challenges that come up due to remote teams needing to work together closely.
  • Easy to use - as it follows the basic set up of Microsoft Excel. You can also upload Excel files to Smartsheet rather than starting a new sheet from scratch, which is very helpful.
  • Reminders and requests can be sent to team members directly from the tool, which is an enormous help and was one of the selling points for our company, specifically in choosing Smartsheet. The reminders/requests go to the team members' email addresses with a link to make the specific update to the required sheet, and once that is completed, the sheet owner is notified that their request has been fulfilled.
  • Smartsheet set up is similar to Excel, yet when you upload an Excel file, things like conditional formatting are lost. Smartsheet has its own conditional formatting, and you have to reinstate the rules. It would be great if those would apply automatically once a file is uploaded
  • Some Smartsheet management and access rules can take some tweaking to work properly. This may be a case of offering more info to admins so they can apply these better and with more efficiency
If you've encountered any issues managing a project with your standard tools, try Smartsheet. It's inexpensive and easy to use. Smartsheet is such a simple tool that I can't think of any situations where it isn't helpful to teams and beneficial overall to companies.
Though I receive emails from an account manager at Smartsheet regarding account renewal, payment, etc., when I respond to those emails, I don't receive a reply. Online support, FAQ, etc. is fine, but direct contact over email should be much better than it is.
March 04, 2020
We were using Smartsheet to track tasks and projects in the team. It was also an excellent way to track data and trends, but this whole thing has been eaten up by transitioning to Jira and Office365 suite.
  • Online collaboration.
  • Cheap database.
  • Need better use cases or reasons to use it instead of other products.
  • The feature set is becoming obsolete.
I can't think of any reasons why I would use Smartsheet instead of other products. Databases do things better; Excel and Office365 cover the spreadsheet functions. Jira Service Desk does support ticket entry. Jira Software tracks tasks.
We never had to contact Smartsheet support.
January 09, 2020
Jesse Bickel | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, Smartsheet is being as an alternative to Microsoft Project. We use this as a simple tool to create workflows and timelines. We often find that this product is easier to teach and share across the organization then MS Project. We use this across the whole organization but its deployment is limited to those who are task managers. This fills the gap between Excel spreadsheets and MS Project.
  • Smartsheet is simple to use! The learning curve is small.
  • Smartsheet is cloud-based so the flexibility is very suitable for mobile management.
  • Add to its toolset and take a few more features from MS Project to help with making dependencies more formula driven.
  • Smoother import and export to and from MS Excel.
If you live in project management every day I still believe MS Project is the proper tool that gives you the most options. However, if you are team lead and lead smaller projects and project management is just one of many functions of your job, this tool is for you. It far and away surpasses MS Planner but is not as complex as MS Project.
I give this rating because it fills a niche in the market. MS Project scares many away from proper task management but there are limited tools our there, especially cloud-based that are mobile-friendly. Smartsheet fills this market gap, especially for small to medium-sized businesses. IT is not fair to compare it to MS Project, but fairer to see what gaps it fills.
Read Jesse Bickel's full review
September 20, 2019
Parker O'Very | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use Smartsheet in most departments. We use it for project management, scheduling, list management, and for some minor spreadsheet work. Sometimes we use it as a replacement for tools like Google Sheets, though it is not meant to be just a spreadsheet tool and does not work perfectly that way. It is much better described as a spreadsheet or data table version of Trello, JIRA, Asana, monday.com, etc.It is one of the most versatile and useful tools we have.
  • Formulas. While not as robust as Excel, the formulas offered in Smartsheet are quite good.
  • Team collaboration. Multiple teammates can access and work on the same sheet at once.
  • Templates. The standard templates meet all my needs, and are a great guide for what Smartsheet is intended for and the problems it is best suited for solving.
  • Project management. It is great for creating, assigning, monitoring, and tracking tasks and projects.
  • Project management. I wish you could assign multiple teammates to the same task/row.
  • It is much like a database. Columns are fields, rows are records. This is why formula capabilities are lacking.
The best uses I have found for Smartsheet have involved project management and content indexing. If you are looking to replace Google Sheets or Excel, this is not the right tool.
I have not contacted support very many times, so I just don't have much to go off of on this.
Read Parker O'Very's full review
September 17, 2019
Ann M. Frank | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Smartsheet for project management, but also for tracking various processes internally, like equipment rental and use. It is used departmentally but any time we introduce it to another employee or team they end up adopting it for their own use. It allows us to stay organized and communicate effectively. We especially like the ability to set updates for changes as needed. It then eliminates the need for futher emails and other communication - it's all done via Smartsheet.
  • Project management
  • Process management
  • Communication right from within the product
  • It can take a bit of time to set it up
  • It can take a bit of time to learn
  • Would be great if it had a user guide of some sort for training additional staff

Great for project management. Love it for process management and internal tracking. Easy to communicate with teammates

Less appropriate when you need a more visual/graphics based approach

I've never had to use support. We find it easy to learn and set up, though a user guide may be helpful for advanced functions or teaching other teammates
Read Ann M. Frank's full review
January 09, 2020
Garry Adams | TrustRadius Reviewer
SmartSheet is used in several different aspects of project management. We track financial status as well as operational status in separate sheets, and use reports and dashboards to mash-up and report on the data in a consolidated view. It is used in a variety of departments, but not across the entire organization. Use is mostly centralized within project managers, account managers, and service directors. It primarily solves client-facing collaboration issues in project management. We have internal tools for tracking our projects, but SmartSheet gives us a simple, concise way to share and collaborate with our clients using data from our other internal systems.
  • Cross-team collaboration - Sharing with internal resources and external contacts is easy and permissions are clear.
  • Live on-demand reporting - If your data lives in SmartSheet, or in a location that is accessible from SmartSheet, your dashboards are always available.
  • Dashboard widgets are somewhat limited. There are enough options to be functional, but it is not an exhaustive list of widgets available for use.
  • Workspaces and individual files can't be used in tandem. You must choose one or the other for the storage of your sheet.
I often recommend SmartSheet to other colleagues. Its dynamic nature makes it very easy to adapt to your particular needs and style. Because it supports formulas, you can adapt many types of Excel sheets to use in SmartSheet, but it is capable of so much more than that. The collaborative sharing functions work great and the cloud-hosted platform is reliable and provides a consistent experience.
I have not had many instances to use SmartSheet support. The few interactions I have had have been helpful, but I don't have much to go off of in this category. Maybe that's a good thing if I've been using the tool for 2 years and haven't really had to reach out to support very often?
Read Garry Adams's full review
January 02, 2020
Stephanie MacMillan | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Smartsheet company-wide to manage a variety of topics including project timelines, accounting, and documents. In our specific department I utilize it to track our annual goals, project documents, brokerage invoices and projects. I use the relationship with Salesforce to make sure deals keep moving and information is correct across platforms.
  • Organize data
  • Track responses
  • Data sorting
  • Filters
I prefer Smartsheet over Excel and it's hard for me to say when using it is less appropriate because it is really that great. I love that I can share in real time with other users and it is extraordinarily helpful. I feel like the templates are better too. They have something for just about every need and if it's not exact, it's easy to manipulate.
This is a great tool for anyone that needs to track ANY kind of data. From Accounting to Project Timelines to Invoicing to Document Library, this is an awesome tool worth investing in.
Read Stephanie MacMillan's full review
Chris Metropulos | TrustRadius Reviewer
Smartsheet is being used as a tracking mechanism for strategic initiatives, unique projects, and a personal task list tracker. Specifically, Smartsheet tracks KPIs, roadmaps, and project action plans.
Smartsheet is a tool that offers both performance and collaboration. Users can add attachments per line, assign users to cells, apply a Gantt chart view, and smart collapse items to manage the complexity of the document, and keep the team informed on changes. This solves several problems against incumbents such as Excel and other Project Management tools, including version control, document speed, easy notifications without the need to check files in and out.
  • Gantt Chart View.
  • Attachment optimization.
  • Exporting Sheets.
  • Exporting to Excel.
Smartsheet is well suited for any project-driven scenarios or process documentation. It is suitable for small or large teams, but it is more valuable if all team members have licenses (at least view only). The tool is flexible for any user, but content production, product, and marketing teams seem to be the most natural fits.
Support hasn’t been necessary for our experience apart from the initial setup.
Read Chris Metropulos's full review
Katya Hill | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used Smartsheet at my last 2 jobs. It was used across a few different departments - marketing, product and sales. It was great to have everyone be able to collaborate and work together and track the projects that we were working on. Knowing the deadlines and being able to assign parts of projects was instrumental.
  • Assigning parts of projects and tracking their accomplishments.
  • Being able to view in Gantt chart to view the progress.
  • Integration with other software that could be used around the company.
  • More training.
I had a great experience with Smartsheet and would definitely recommend it for anyone that runs project management and needs a plan to assign work, track it and view overall progress. I would link PRDs into specific jobs and also comment on them. It was a great experience and we went beyond trial.
Never really reached out to them.
Read Katya Hill's full review
Shannon Allen | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Smartsheet to collaborate between different departments, such as our recruiting, operations, and hr departments. It is cloud-based and updates its self in real-time. It allows you to set filters such as editors and or viewers. I like being able to look at it anywhere. Instead, it is from the office or off sight.
  • It keeps everyone in the office up to date on certain changes that have been made in real-time.
  • It works similar to excel spreadsheet but is more cloud based.
  • Applying better navigation thru Smartsheet.
  • Formatting the cells.
Smartsheet would be well suited for an office/corporate environment. With its cloud-based technology, it allows the users to make changes and or edits in real-time so the rest of the office can see the updates. The customization is well maintained, allowing users to color-code certain areas within the worksheet. It also allows you to create filters to search for essential data quicker.
Overall it worked great for what my company wanted to get accomplished. Implementing this new software eliminated daunting tasks, which allowed for more time management. Production began to see improvement while operations were able to follow the trends. I would rate Smartsheet overall as very good being more compatible, user-friendly, and decent budget costing.
Read Shannon Allen's full review
December 19, 2019
Tim Grant | TrustRadius Reviewer
Smartsheet is currently used in our company for managing projects. We are able to track tasks, send out reminder progress request emails, and monitor progress from our clients.
  • Reminders.
  • Gantt charting.
  • There's a feature gap between the Team & Business levels.
  • They send out 'info emails' frequently that actually refer to advanced functionality, and doesn't apply to our level.
Smartsheet is great for task lists and project management. It is useful when you have a project with many participants, and you need to track where everyone is on their part. I would not recommend it for a Customer Relationship Manager, or an Enterprise Resource Planning program (think inventory), as it would not be complex enough.
It's pretty good, although all email based.
Read Tim Grant's full review
September 26, 2019
Blake Baron | TrustRadius Reviewer
My team uses Smartsheet as a Project Management tool. It's an excellent and lightweight alternative to manage semi-complex projects. In our case, we use it to coordinate launching new products i.e. coordinating photography, content creation, pricing, etc. It is a centralized spot where my team can see the status of any new product to be launched.
  • It's lightweight and accessible from anywhere
  • Intuitive to anybody who has used Microsoft Excel before. It's sort of like Excel attached to a mail server, a database, and with more project management capabilities
  • Uploading files to the database associated with your Smartsheet is a breeze. You can associate certain attachments with certain line items
  • The lightweight nature of the program is also a downside. Microsoft Project is bulkier, but integrates more smoothly with the Office suite.
I'd recommend it strongly. While I use it within an organization, I'd immediately sign up for the basic version if I started my own startup tomorrow. If you're onboarding clients, you can give them visibility into the project so they know where they stand. The notification and project update functionality is invaluable.
Smartsheet is excellent software for small businesses and agile teams within large organizations alike. It's not overly expensive for the functionality you receive and sports an intuitive interface in a format that everybody is familiar with. I give it a nine instead of a ten only because the jump up into Enterprise and Premier pricing is quite large.
Read Blake Baron's full review
September 25, 2019
William Cameron | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it in the engineering department as a Piping Pre-Fab tracking log. We track piping from design and coordination thru spool drawing reviews to Fab Shop issues and ultimately final delivery to the site. Any member from our team knows exactly where each and every segment of the project is in its life cycle.
  • Multiple views available for each sheet like Gant Chart, Calendar, Grid and Card Views
  • Automation is the key, notifications to team members
  • The sheets can be viewed on PC's, tablets and phones
  • Ease of use
  • The interface changes frequently enough to keep you on your toes
  • Getting your automation set can be tedious
Smartsheet is perfect for live document and tracking purposes with multiple people involved at various levels within the project. When you are tracking multiple issues and/or tasks it is very powerful. If you are not collaborating with many people, it might be overkill however I think I would still use it.
Our account manager is excellent. She is always in touch and did a Lunch & Learn for our company.
Read William Cameron's full review
September 21, 2019
Vlad Kalika | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Smartsheet across Project Management, Engineering, and Prototyping teams. We use it to track development projects, resource planning, and to manage projects. It is a unique PM software because it allows simultaneous access of files between multiple people. PM assigns tasks and can request updates through Smartsheet. Task owners provide status updates on their own, creating more efficient communication.
  • Collaboration
  • Project management
  • Notifications and updates
  • Critical path
  • Resource planning is a rudimentary, mostly manual operation.
  • Cannot create a list of the pre-defined user team.
  • Would be good to have visual customization of each project worksheet (such as customer logo).
Smartsheet is a great alternative to MS Project. It is lower cost and has better collaboration features. Good tool if the project management team has multiple projects on the go.
Stable software doesn't crash. Never needed support.
Read Vlad Kalika's full review
September 17, 2019
Madison Nelson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Several departments in the company utilize Smartsheet to track production and distribution of everything that we work with. It makes sure everyone is held accountable and everyone is up to date on information for every project that month. We also track assets that we bring in to work on these projects and share these sheets with other teams to make sure THEY are aware of what is in house, what is not and what to expect/when to expect it.
  • Being able to utilize and connect several people and teams to efficiently have a project flow
  • Organized and easy to use
  • Fast-working and adaptable when updated
  • I sometimes have a problem linking sheets. This comes and goes, but is a hassle
  • I'd love to see a easy to use calender sheet that could be shared
I track 100s of projects every month. I also track the production of assets as far into the future as 2021. Smartsheet helps me do that efficiently and without confusion. It also gives me the option of coordinating these projects with others so that they are informed; but I can give them certain rights to my sheets so they can't edit or upset the project by mistake. For project management, Smartsheet is my go-to. However, to create a slate or a way to brainstorm I would potentially use something else.
Read Madison Nelson's full review
January 08, 2020
Mandy Ferguson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our entire product management team is using Smartsheet as way to quickly update other teams on our current projects. It addresses the inconsistency we have had in tracking and reporting on our projects to leadership.
  • Real time updates are great
  • The dashboard view is fantastic for leadership
  • Sharing is easy
  • More space for notes
  • Historical snapshots
  • More control without being an admin
I think Smartsheet is a great thing for providing high-level quick real-time updates. I do think it is less appropriate for detailed project information.
I give it a high rating because theb person in it team who manages it does a great job of handing the account for us.
Read Mandy Ferguson's full review
September 10, 2019
Marcus Torres | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use SmartSheet with our implementation team, which is apart of our Client Success Department. It specifically used with new clients as a project plan sheet during the onboarding process. It allows our implementation team and project team to work together in real-time within the confines of a single space.
  • Customization - The ability to use templates from other successful projects helps with scalability.
  • The ability to upload files and collaborate.
  • Permissioning - Being able to restrict access and given certain access really helps with the overall project planning.
  • UX could use some love. It looks out-dated compared to other platforms.
  • The training documentation for first-time users could be better.
Smartsheet is well suited for basic project planning that allows for cloud-based co-collaboration. Specifically with on-boarding teams, being able to utilize the same tool for multiple clients with various differentiating needs and use cases all within one space can make a project managers life way less complicated.
Overall, our experience has been good, in regards to response times and overall support for our needs and how we utilize their product. We have not had any issues that have not been responded too. The experience with their support teams has been adequate, as they have offered alternatives to features not supported and additional training when required.
Read Marcus Torres's full review
December 19, 2019
Alyssa Kapinus | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used company-wide for various problems. For my team, it helps us to keep everything organized in one centralized place and eliminates security risk by emailing spreadsheets.
  • Real time updates.
  • Reduces security risk.
  • Allow better import of Excel sheets.
  • More dynamic forms.
Where different teams need access to same information that is constantly updating. Less suited for individual data calculation.
It's helpful but I feel other products could provide more comprehensive assistance.
Read Alyssa Kapinus's full review
August 11, 2019
Andrew Brodsky | TrustRadius Reviewer
My department used Smartsheet to create tables and Gantt charts that could be shared externally and internally. Multiple users could view or update the Smartsheet in real-time. It was useful for having a live dashboard status. Different levels of access could be assigned so only the necessary editors could make changes.
  • Smartsheet does not require any special software to be able to access or contribute to the sheet.
  • It is very easy to manage users.
  • Creating the sheet or workbook is extremely easy and the tool will guide you through the setup.
  • Works on any operating system.
  • Features found in MS Project are not all available within Smartsheet.
  • Advanced features are sometimes difficult to understand how to use.
  • Not as much printing options as project.
Smartsheet is fabulous for anyone that wants to be able to provide real-time project status on a hosted site. It is also great for users that need to collaborate within a document without sending out a single document or spreadsheet and having the users update that and another person collates the responses.
I did find that at times I needed support beyond the very helpful user forums. I emailed the company and was able to get a response in a reasonable time.
Read Andrew Brodsky's full review
August 09, 2019
Alfred Vickman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Smartsheet is often used when handling cross-departmental projects. For instance, when managing the company's annual activities and billing. The software allows us to interact with similar task checklists in real-time when under conference calls. Above all, it offers the best security compared to Google Sheets.
  • The software allows us to attach files on cells within the sheet. Other softwares don’t have this feature.
  • Smartsheet has a feature called “Email Shared Users” which improves its reliability to notify users on the current updates.
  • Smartsheet has been designed in a way that it integrates comfortably with most management systems of different organizations.
  • This software has an outdated appearance when compared to its competitors, Google Sheets. The interface should be re-designed.
  • Smartsheet does not support the use of equations/functions within the sheet, as it is done on Google Sheets.
  • It sometimes takes too long to figure out how to log in using the company credentials depending on how the link to the sheet is set.
In my experience, Smartsheet has proven to be a great project
management tool, especially when a project is coordinated by a team. When storing a checklist of tasks to be completed, it is the best. Also, when users want
to give evidence after completing a task, the software has allowed them to attach files on the cell. I, however, consider it less effective when complex equations and functions are required.
It has a very active and responsive support team, which operates 24/7 to guarantee client satisfaction.
Read Alfred Vickman's full review
August 01, 2019
Evans Kyalo | TrustRadius Reviewer
Due to the decentralization of my organization and having different branches, collaboration was a nightmare. However, with Smartsheet, project coordination is much easier. Smartsheet is used primarily used in different activities. For instance, tracking and sharing time off and out of the office information, tracking and sharing information on projects as well as tracking all team members tasks. Also, this software has been used to organize and share documents, displaying notices and coordination among the HR groups
  • With Smartsheet, sharing information across the whole organization with due diligence has been realized. Departments
  • The software has all the required functionalities as opposed to the previous software which was used in the organization. It allows us to import and export excel, projects and other document formats.
  • When reporting from this software it's much easier. Data can be taken from multiple sheets and combined into a single report.
  • Gantt charts which are drawn using this software are poor in quality. This is in comparison to other software such as Microsoft Project.
  • It does not have all the basic formulas required in engineering calculations. This becomes a limitation when working on engineering projects.
  • Exporting of information from other sources such as Excel, Microsoft Word and PDFs is limited.
With Smartsheet, project coordination is much easier. Smartsheet is used primarily used in different activities. For instance, tracking and sharing time off and out of the office information, tracking and sharing information on projects as well as tracking all team members tasks. Also, this software has been used to organize and share documents, displaying notices and coordination among the HR groups
Read Evans Kyalo's full review
September 25, 2019
Rhena Reynolds | TrustRadius Reviewer
This program is a great tool for project tracking, I use it everyday in my business.
  • Track progress
  • Helps with due dates
  • Setup is easy
  • Calculations are a bit complicated - to total a row it isn't simple if you do not know how
  • The help isn't the greatest
  • Adding graphs are a bit complicated
I have used this for tracking purchases, projects (software implementations), etc. and I find it best suited for project tracking. I am sure the template you choose is really what it's all about, but my choice is project tracking.
This is an easy to use powerful program, and I think its a good software equivalent for the money.
Read Rhena Reynolds's full review

Task Management (95)
Resource Management (85)
Gantt Charts (81)
Scheduling (84)
Workflow Automation (73)
Team Collaboration (92)
Support for Agile Methodology (57)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (55)
Document Management (76)
Email integration (72)
Mobile Access (71)
Timesheet Tracking (45)
Change request and Case Management (50)
Budget and Expense Management (55)
Quotes/estimates (26)
Invoicing (22)
Project & financial reporting (41)
Integration with accounting software (19)

What is Smartsheet?

Smartsheet is an online project management and collaboration tool from Smartsheet.inc in Bellevue, Washington. The software has a characteristic spreadsheet like interface but contains the full panoply of features expected of project management and collaboration software, such as automated alerts, instantaneous updating and sharing across team members, resource management facilitating budgeting and task allocation, nested tasks organized in a hierarchy, a Gantt chart view, the ready production of exportable reports (e.g. Excel), and integration with email. Across spreadsheets cells can be linked allowing the creation of master spreadsheets that provide ready summaries or automated reports. Smartsheet's capabilities can be expanded with a multitude of apps (e.g. Dropbox, Google Apps) or integrated into combinatory solutions (e.g. with Salesforce) to tailor fit business needs. It supports full mobile access.

Three tiers cover Smartsheet's pricing options. The Basic level provides core features for small groups of individuals, while the Team level is recommended for groups of up to 50 people and supports more user features, allows multiple sheet creators, and has reporting functions. The Enterprise level is a custom fit tier for groups of greater than 50 individuals or companies, and may include dedicated support personnel if desired.

Smartsheet Competitors