Likelihood to Recommend
Small deployments, where you have some specific need for ServiceMax and absolutely need offline capabilities, and are willing to deal with the problems. Otherwise, you may be better off looking at the built-in Work Orders and field service module that Salesforce is now providing. Their app is direct competition for ServiceMax and integrates much better with cases and knowledge articles.
- Offline support is there, but with many catches and caveats.
- A separate engine for the mobile app that runs and can be designed separately from Salesforce.
- Integration with Salesforce is decent.
- The offline sync is very buggy and has many limitations. Recovery of the sync if it fails because of technicalities is in many ways, unrecoverable and unexplainable by the user.
- No integration with Salesforce knowledge articles.
- Support is limited and usually not knowledgeable about their own products.
ServiceMax has an offline capability, and also integrates with our Salesforce side of business. At the time, Salesforce did not have a field service application so we could not consider it, but if we could now, we would probably go with that instead. ServiceMax is also expensive. But at the time, ServiceMax was the only offering out there that integrated with Salesforce, had mobile offline capability, and could operate at the scale we needed.
Return on Investment
- Service efficiency is up about 20%
- Simplified work order closure process prevents errors and user frustration
- CSE satisfaction is much improved
- Work order closure process adherence is almost 100% because of the ability to close work orders anywhere.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?