<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 7.3 out of 100
Based on 237 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
TOPdesk is well suited to any information technology department or organization that operates on a ticket based system. The tracking and management of workloads is excellent, and in fact, the system is appropriate for any organization that track work based on tickets.
Any appointment based system can be modeled inside TOPdesk using the appointment planning board, allowing managers to see the planned appointments of employees.
Feature Rating Comparison
Organize and prioritize service tickets
ITSM collaboration and documentation
ITSM reports and dashboards
Asset management dashboard
Policy and contract enforcement
Change requests repository
- Support by TOPdesk is excellent. Until now, we didn't have any issues when support was requested.
- The latest version supports ADFS/SAML authentication. In the former version, this was an add-on you should buy.
- Continues development of the product bearing in mind the user's input.
- The tools for configuring events and actions need improving, especially the tool for events which, whilst very powerful, is cumbersome to use when configuring event criteria
- The built-in form designer within TOPdesk is adequate but could do with better features to allow for more dynamic forms. It would also benefit from being able to post data to custom fields rather than just into the Action box. There is quite a step up between the built-in form designer and the custom XFG form engine which is the only other solution which TOPdesk provide
- Asset management could do with some improvements as it can be a little inflexible when needing to customize the data being held as well as build processes around it
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 27 answers
TOPdesk is an integral and vital element of our IT support strategy. It provides excellent functionality and value for money. It is in use across multiple locations around the world, and we are actively looking for new ways to utilize it further.
Based on 8 answers
I haven't used other ticketing systems so I can't compare it to another else. There are some good and bad features but that would be the same with all ticket systems.
Based on 97 answers
Pre-sales support was decent, but the onboarding was not so helpful. This was due mainly to the fact that it was delivered in the form of a series of information-heavy tutorials that were too overwhelming too early on. I also found the online documentation somewhat lacking, as it was often written for a different version of TOPdesk than the one I was using.The support site is pretty good, and makes it very easy to report and get updates on problems (they utilize their own engine to drive the site). The one drawback I ran into was tickets being closed with the assumption that the recommended resolution was one I was familiar with, requiring no in-depth explanations or background info. This meant re-opening many tickets in order to get clarification on an answer, or to ask a follow-up question.
Based on 5 answers
SAAS implementation on our end could not be done by TOPdesk due to the fact that they do not offer it. Ask directly from the beginning for support from a SAAS specialist.
I entered after the decision was made to implement TOPdesk and do not know if and which other products were considered. To my opinion, there are more products like TOPdesk to be taken into consideration when looking for an incident management / facility management etc. Some have more focus on the facility part, others on incident management (or only have incident management features). One should look well into the current and possible future needs of the organization, and the look and feel of the application, plus the capacity of providing good internal administration, in order to make the right decision. Choosing TOPdesk is not a bad decision in most cases!
Return on Investment
- The quickest gain that we realized was reduced cost from our previous solution in terms of service contracts and on-premise infrastructure costs.
- Additional gains are also found in standard solution management and service disruption notification. We now have a company dashboard that can inform employees about any large or small service issues.
- Improved reporting has also allowed the department to focus resources where there are greater needs and monitor costs of service.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?