Overall Satisfaction with TOPdesk
We use TOPdesk for our front-line support Help Desk. All tickets come in from users via email, telephone, and chat. We are also utilizing the asset feature for inventory.
10 - All users of TOPdesk are in the IT group. We have developers, techs, and network engineers using all features every day.
- TOPdesk has a great web interface that is always responsive.
- The tracking information is second to none. It has a field for everything.
- The integration with Azure AD is very easy to implement and work with.
- The requirement to fill out certain fields before a ticket can be closed can be cumbersome. This could be a requirement for some organizations though.
- The field mappings from Azure AD to user data could be a little more precise. Some of the fields just don't translate.
- When setting up the system to intake emails as trouble tickets, it can be tricky when people reply after a ticket is closed. It will create multiple tickets from this.
- We have definitely improved our ticket reporting and ease of creating new reports.
- We were able to replace an aging help desk system with a modern cloud-based solution and replace an expensive inventory management tool. This has greatly reduced costs for us year over year.
- The only negative impact has been the learning curve. It can take a while to get all techs on board with a new process and system in a short amount of time. We have some issues here and there with techs not filling out the full ticket due to the amount of time it can take.
Onboarding and sales were great with Top Desk. The implementation specialist was still green and needed a lot of assistance. Top Desk addressed that quickly with a more seasoned tech and did not charge us for the time the new tech spent. Once with a seasoned tech we had no issues with support.
We have a multi-year contract and plan on keeping the database growing with our inventory. Techs are getting used to it and seem to like the ease of use and reliability of the cloud system. We have never seen it go down before and maintenance windows have been short and easy to work around.
Do you think TOPdesk delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with TOPdesk's feature set?
Did TOPdesk live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of TOPdesk go as expected?
Would you buy TOPdesk again?