https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/aA/P4/O750T2T3N4XT.PNGFreshdesk for team efficiency!We use Freshdesk to aggregate support requests from clients. I've added several key members of my team as Agents, so tickets can be assigned directly to them and they can communicate directly with the client for resolution. Freshdesk streamlines team communication and allows for expedient resolution of client issues. Agents can tag each other in notes and easily hand-off or collaborate as needed. It also allows clients to feel confident that a member of the team will be monitoring the support inbox, whether I'm directly involved or not. Adding my team to Freshdesk provides me the flexibility to run my business without being overwhelmed by it, so I can do things like travel or manage other projects without being derailed by daily requests. My team includes a WordPress support technician, a developer, myself (business owner/designer/developer) and typically a project manager who can field/assign requests to specific team members as needed. However, I have it set so that Agents can see all tickets that come through, so they can pick them up as they see fit, without relying on designated assignments.,The new interface is very clean and easy to navigate. Awesome knowledgebase, free training and responsive support (even with a free plan) allow my team to spin up on the system without hours of internal training sessions. Easily integrates with custom domains for seamless client experience. Tagging and reassigning is easy. Mobile apps work well and allow for easy use across multiple platforms (particularly useful when working remotely). Lots of great features within the free plan. The free plan allows for a fair amount of branding/customization of client portal.,The login solution drives me nuts. As an Agent, I have to login at a separate domain than my branded portal, which is confusing for new team members and adds several steps to the login process. This is particularly cumbersome when trying to use 3rd party integrations that require Freshdesk login (like Shift App for Gmail). Integration with Asana is clunky and doesn't allow for easy use when there are a lot of clients/projects in Asana, so we end up just manually adding tickets as tasks in Asana. A style refresh to the client-side portal would be great. It's a bit clunky and even with customizations, the default solution feels a bit dated.,Allows me to rely on my subcontractors for day-to-day requests, improving overall efficiency for both myself and my team. The inexpensive plan keeps us within budget, with Agents we can easily enable/disable as seats are needed/used. Provides a sense of security for clients knowing that responses will be prompt and monitored by a team. Ease-of-use minimizes the need for individual training and shortens onboarding time.,10,,Copper (formerly ProsperWorks), Hubstaff, Asana, Everhour,Not available,9,9,,4Freshdesk: a leading solution for service desk management for small businessFreshdesk is a market leader in the space of helpdesk solutions. It allows management of tickets, knowledge base for staff and community functionality for users. It helps in managing multi-channel support over phone, email, and live chat. It has features to convert email to tickets. It allows customers to vote on ideas which can then be incorporated into the product. It integrates well with other business apps.,Freshdesk is easy to use and setup. Ticket management for tracking issues works very well. Multi-channel support includes live chat, email, and Phone, which is very useful. The product support team is responsive. The product is customizable and you can setup the customer portal based on your needs.,Dashboarding functionality is relatively basic and can be improved. The ability to detect duplicates/collisions is not available in cheaper versions of the product.,Usage of Freshdesk has lead to increased productivity of the support desk. It has also led to increased customer satisfaction and easy to track issues reported.,9,,Zendesk, JIRA Software,Fewer than 100 per week,9,10,9,8Freshdesk helps me do my job well.My company uses Freshdesk to help quickly address and reply to any questions, comments, or issues our clients may be having in our app. Freshdesk is a great tool that allows anyone with a login to see a queue of tickets which can be easily grabbed and assigned out. This way, no messages that are received slip through the cracks.,Great dashboard view for displaying easy to read data. Great tools like "Discussion" which allows me to "chat" with my team about certain tickets. A fun point system which tries to make you want to stay on a positive end so you receive positive feedback from clients.,Freshdesk could offer a dark view to bring down the brightness of the app. Reddit has done this recently with "Night Mode." It's easier on the eyes when the background is black instead of a bright white/gray main view. I'd like to see some improvements on the Suggested Solutions option when replying to a Contact. We use our help pages a lot to link articles to a Contact so they have extra information as needed. If I need to link multiple articles, there are multiple clicks required to achieve this.,Positive: Helps me and my team stay on top of our queue so we know when Contacts are engaging with us. Positive: Freshdesk is very simple to use and easy to get started on. Positive: Their API works well with the applications we use in between our app and theirs.,10,Zendesk,Hatchbuck, Zoom, Zapier,Fewer than 100 per week,10Using freshdesk in a startupWe use Freshdesk for various kinds of customer support tickets. We have an integration via API with some forms that customers use to change specific data in our platform. We also receive feedback from direct consultations via email and a textbox in our platform. As we are still a startup Freshdesk is being used by the whole organization as we want to provide a great customer service. We have a room in Google Chat that receives the tickets and we classify the tickets with the type of consultation. Then we assign an agent that is going to take care of the case. It really works well for managing tickets and the new UI makes it easier to work on.,Managing customer support tickets. Assigning agents to a ticket. Integration with the whole suite of Freshworks.,Re-assigning the customer that wrote. Identifying the customer that wrote with a client (account) that you have. Having two agents on one ticket.,It was very easy to implement. We managed to reduce the time of response as we organized who had to answer the tickets. Integration with our main communications channel (first Slack, now Google Chat).,8,Freshsales CRM, Desk.com, Pipedrive and Insightly,Freshsales CRM, Google Ads (formerly AdWords), Trello, Google Drive, OneDrive, MailChimp, Calendly, Facebook for Business, Zopim by Zendesk,Fewer than 100 per week,,10,8,Freshdesk is our best buddy in dealing with customer support ticketsWe use Freshdesk to answer all tickets that are coming from our clients. We assign the tickets to the relevant member of our team who can address the issue that the customer has sent to us to resolve. It helps us in having a centralized area where we gather all messages from all of our active clients and deal with their requests and complaints.,Freshdesk allows us to set the priority level of all ticket request from low to high then urgent. Each of the users sees who is handling a specific request as of the moment. It allows us to set the status of the ticket from Open to Waiting on Third Party. This is really helpful since we can track which ones is closed and which ones still needs our attention.,It allows you to add a "Note", but I believe there's must be a discussion box for each ticket for any tickets that may need inputs from multiple people. It should also to add more than one assignee, so that if the ticket needs input from two or more people then everyone will be updated with the progress. I'd like to see a more appealing user interface because customer support people are stressed sometimes, they should see a more lively or bubbly design.,It has allowed our team to focus on things that matters most on each project so it did increase our efficiency. Overall, we did have more happy clients which increased our client retention percentage and increased our client's lifetime value. We have been more organized in dealing with all the requests so it did lessen our stress level.,9,Zendesk,Fewer than 100 per week,8,10,6,6
Freshdesk

Freshdesk Reviews

Freshdesk
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2018
Filter 105 vetted Freshdesk reviews and ratings

Jennifer Hess profile photo
January 08, 2019

User Review: "Freshdesk for team efficiency!"

• The new interface is very clean and easy to navigate.
  • Awesome knowledgebase, free training and responsive support (even with a free plan) allow my team to spin up on the system without hours of internal training sessions.
  • Easily integrates with custom domains for seamless client experience.
  • Tagging and reassigning is easy.
  • Mobile apps work well and allow for easy use across multiple platforms (particularly useful when working remotely).
  • Lots of great features within the free plan.
  • The free plan allows for a fair amount of branding/customization of client portal.
  • The login solution drives me nuts. As an Agent, I have to login at a separate domain than my branded portal, which is confusing for new team members and adds several steps to the login process. This is particularly cumbersome when trying to use 3rd party integrations that require Freshdesk login (like Shift App for Gmail).
  • Integration with Asana is clunky and doesn't allow for easy use when there are a lot of clients/projects in Asana, so we end up just manually adding tickets as tasks in Asana.
  • A style refresh to the client-side portal would be great. It's a bit clunky and even with customizations, the default solution feels a bit dated.
Freshdesk is great for support ticketing, FAQs, and items that can be easily reviewed, addressed and resolved. It's not ideal for lengthier conversations or long-term projects, as it could get difficult to track multiple conversations or use the SLA notification features since long-term projects will typically have different duration parameters. Though the ability to merge tickets & edit subject lines in Freshdesk is helpful (I wish Gmail would let me merge conversations!).

Additionally, I have another client who attempted to use Freshdesk as both a support portal and CRM solution, which didn't work well. It's ideal if all communication runs through Freshdesk, so it can be tracked and monitored. If leads are coming into Freshdesk, and then managed offline, there's a tendency to have a lot of open/unresolved 'tickets' because users don't want to bounce back and forth. However, I believe Freshworks offers a CRM solution, so that would likely be the best way to go for CRM needs (though I've not used it).
Read Jennifer Hess's full review
Naveen Gabrani profile photo
December 15, 2018

Review: "Freshdesk: a leading solution for service desk management for small business"

• Freshdesk is easy to use and setup.
  • Ticket management for tracking issues works very well.
  • Multi-channel support includes live chat, email, and Phone, which is very useful.
  • The product support team is responsive.
  • The product is customizable and you can setup the customer portal based on your needs.
  • Dashboarding functionality is relatively basic and can be improved.
  • The ability to detect duplicates/collisions is not available in cheaper versions of the product.
Highly recommended for small and medium businesses looking for a service desk solution. Easy to set up and fairly powerful. The user interface is easy to use making it simple for new users to become productive. Scenario Automator is good at taking a defined set of action for certain types of tickets. Great for support staff that handles a large number of clients.
Read Naveen Gabrani's full review
Eric Weiss profile photo
November 27, 2018

User Review: "Freshdesk helps me do my job well."

• Great dashboard view for displaying easy to read data.
  • Great tools like "Discussion" which allows me to "chat" with my team about certain tickets.
  • A fun point system which tries to make you want to stay on a positive end so you receive positive feedback from clients.
  • Freshdesk could offer a dark view to bring down the brightness of the app. Reddit has done this recently with "Night Mode." It's easier on the eyes when the background is black instead of a bright white/gray main view.
  • I'd like to see some improvements on the Suggested Solutions option when replying to a Contact. We use our help pages a lot to link articles to a Contact so they have extra information as needed. If I need to link multiple articles, there are multiple clicks required to achieve this.
Freshdesk is great for someone who has a customer base that needs to be communicated with frequently. It helps organize and show a history of communication you and/or your team members have had with the said Contact so it's easy to stay on top of their needs and view their history so you can solve problems more efficiently.
Read Eric Weiss's full review
Ignacio Cruz profile photo
November 23, 2018

User Review: "Using freshdesk in a startup"

• Managing customer support tickets.
  • Assigning agents to a ticket.
  • Integration with the whole suite of Freshworks.
  • Re-assigning the customer that wrote.
  • Identifying the customer that wrote with a client (account) that you have.
  • Having two agents on one ticket.
We have used, and continue using, Freshdesk as our customer support platform. As a startup I would totally recommend it because it is very easy to implement and it has all the basics you need to work on managing and answering tickets. It has some tools to scale your business and embrace you as you grow as a company. We are now going to hire more stuff and the features on the tier up plans are super interesting.
Read Ignacio Cruz's full review
Brent Lionel Mausisa profile photo
November 23, 2018

Review: "Freshdesk is our best buddy in dealing with customer support tickets"

• Freshdesk allows us to set the priority level of all ticket request from low to high then urgent.
  • Each of the users sees who is handling a specific request as of the moment.
  • It allows us to set the status of the ticket from Open to Waiting on Third Party. This is really helpful since we can track which ones is closed and which ones still needs our attention.
  • It allows you to add a "Note", but I believe there's must be a discussion box for each ticket for any tickets that may need inputs from multiple people.
  • It should also to add more than one assignee, so that if the ticket needs input from two or more people then everyone will be updated with the progress.
  • I'd like to see a more appealing user interface because customer support people are stressed sometimes, they should see a more lively or bubbly design.
It's appropriate for tech support and customer support teams that get lots of requests each day and less appropriate for those who gets less requests each day. It's really good for a team work style of customer service because you can assign a ticket to a project where a team can see it.
Read Brent Lionel Mausisa's full review
Gary Pope profile photo
November 21, 2018

Review: "Freshdesk - Simple and Easy to use. Easy to expand. Reporting could use enhancing."

We started using Freshdesk about a year ago and it was just for use in our IT department to track issues and enhancement requests. It was so useful and liked that several other departments became very interested in it. It was expanded to our commissions department, HR and accounting rapidly. We are actively developing integrations with outside partners so we have one location for users to go to address their issues or requests, even with the solution is completed outside our company walls.
  • We use Freshdesk to track issues that are reported to us. We want to make sure that nothing falls through the cracks.
  • We also use Freshdesk to store our knowledge base articles so that there is one place to go to for finding solutions to individuals issues. These articles can also be published to the self service portal.
  • We like how Freshdesk allows us to distribute the workload among our agents. The reporting allows us to see who is carrying their load and who is not. The numbers just don't lie.
  • There is a bit of work and technical expertise needed when doing API calls to pull and push information automatically into and out of Freshdesk. The good news is that they have the API to allow this.
  • There were times we struggled getting the automatic assignment of tickets to go to the right location using the dispatcher. We found the order of the rules makes a huge difference.
  • It does take a bit of getting used to the interface. Once you understand the processes of opening and resolving tickets it gets easier.
First - the set up and roll out of the solution is really simple. Nothing to install - just configuration and you are off and running. Second - it does give you lots of ways to interact with your customers. Email and self service are both supported. It was also pretty easy for us to roll out the solution to other departments. Once we had a couple departments using it, others were knocking on our door.

In our specific situation, we needed a way to track issues being reported to the IT group. We wanted something simple to use but had enough bells and whistles to track what we needed to track.
Read Gary Pope's full review
Jeffery Albertson profile photo
November 20, 2018

Review: "Freshdesk is a great customer support app"

Freshdesk is used for all technology, facilities and maintenance requests for our school district. It can automatically assign an agent to the ticket based on the request type. All the tickets can be tracked and organized through the dashboard to ensure all tickets are responded to in a timely manner.
  • You can write solutions articles for your most common requests, so customers can help themselves. Keywords typed by the user point them to related articles allowing them to help themselves.
  • All the tickets can be managed in one location.
  • After a ticket is Resolved the customer gets a survey, so technicians are accountable for the work they do.
  • Automatic closing of tickets when a customer doesn't respond to a request for more information.
Freshdesk is well suited for a school district. Before Freshdesk, our staff had to fill out a form for a facilities or maintenance problem and take it to the building office to be faxed to the Maintenance Department. Now, teachers can quickly report a problem on their classroom PC without taking time away from their students.
Read Jeffery Albertson's full review
Erin Harris profile photo
January 31, 2019

Review: "FreshDesk to help manage technical issues for customer satisfaction"

I've used FreshDesk for two organization that I work for.

We use Fresh Desk to help users with technical questions and issues that they have when using the website and applications. Sales and customer support are the primary users of FreshDesk. Those who send in tickets are free and subscribed users. Questions range from password reset requests to users experiencing issues or bugs.
  • Keeps track of all notes associated with a ticket.
  • Easy to manage an insert canned messages.
  • Keeps tickets organized and monitored.
  • When I'm typing, my cursor moves from where I am to another place on the screen. Sometimes above the text or back a few spaces. I've seen it do it with without me touching keys or the mouse.
  • Does not work well with page translations. One site I use is French-based. The site runs slower with page translations turned on.
We've integrated Freshdesk with a few of our applications that are not noticeable to outside users so they don't realize they are talking to a Help Desk.

However, they could be more integrated with Hubspot. That would be nice.
Read Erin Harris's full review
Chianne Shepherd profile photo
January 25, 2019

User Review: "Freshdesk is fresh and easy to use!"

Freshdesk is being used by our inbound technical support team. We can receive emails even outside of business hours when our phone lines are off. It then allows us to set parameters to make sure our support team is getting back to customers as quickly as possible. It is user-friendly.
  • Social media
  • Self service
  • Formatting in emails
  • Formatting for FAQs
Freshdesk is perfect for our support team of about 15 people with 3 different shifts. I'm not sure it would be well suited for a very large team, but I personally haven't used some of the functions that were developed for that. Its been a great way to manage our inbound tickets and make sure our employees are being productive as they all work from home.
Read Chianne Shepherd's full review
Megan De Salvo profile photo
December 20, 2018

"Freshdesk Review"

Freshdesk is a tool we use to allow clients to submit help desk tickets to our business. Fresh Desk is very easy to use and has helped not only our productivity, but our communication with our client base ten fold. It allows us the freedom to communicate and help our clients at a manageable pace and takes away the email phone call chain head ache.
  • Creates support tickets.
  • Communicates with clients and reminds us about tickets status.
  • Allows us to manage our team and their support of our clients in an effective and easy to use environment.
  • The ability for multiple custom auto responders based on type of client would be nice.
Freshdesk it best suited for teams of people who need a management software to track and log tickets or notices for the business. It scales with the business so there is a level that will fit your desired need. I can't think of many scenarios where it wouldn't be helpful.
Read Megan De Salvo's full review
ayush dwivedi profile photo
November 21, 2018

Freshdesk Review: "First choice for a quick support channel"

Since we are in the technology department of organization we receive many requests to resolve tech issues by employees. so that we are using Freshdesk for raising tickets and resolving the issue through the platform. We also made many knowledge bases which decrease the number of tickets we receive in a day. We also build a knowledge base(KB) that contains known issues in the various applications used in the organization.
  • Automated ticket generation and sent customize templates.
  • Build a knowledge base with unlimited categories.
  • The suggestion in ticket creation: suggest and knowledge base page when I tried to create a new ticket, if a subject word match in any KB.
  • We haven't found very many cons but I think it should have theme feature so that we can customize theme on the Freshdesk site because in few sections like resolved tickets very less visible in all tickets.
  • Need more customization features for support portal like increasing fields etc.
When we have to get issues from our customer or employee were giving the resolution on time is very important. Since Freshdesk almost have all the channels to get issues like Facebook as a social platform, email which is most commonly used, from the portal form and a by receiving calls to our toll-free numbers.
Read ayush dwivedi's full review
Chris Wilkey profile photo
November 20, 2018

User Review: "I have used and love Freshdesk"

It was used across the entire organization as the main form of a ticketing system and problem solving. We had a large number of emails coming in that needed to be routed to different people and areas and needed a solution to speed up the process and help reduce missed emails.
  • Automation
  • Assignments
  • Tracking
  • Hard to set up
  • Training needed
  • Duplicated some of the correspondence
It is well suited for small to medium sized businesses that need a system in place that can track customer issues and speed up the process of assigning or closing tickets. It is better suited for those who like a web interface and those who can set up the advanced features.
Read Chris Wilkey's full review
Elizabeth Pampalone profile photo
November 19, 2018

Freshdesk Review: "Client Request/Ticket Management for Small Business"

As a small business owner with many clients and contractors who service their needs, Freshdesk was an answer to prayer. I was able to solve the issue of client requests getting stuck at the bottom of the email queue. I am not able to prioritize client emails, see their needs, assign them to the best independent contractor who can help them, and no one goes unnoticed or ignored!
  • Great way to use the service at any level for a great price
  • Efficient way to catalog all client requests
  • Simple way to institute a knowledge-base and have canned responses ready to go.
  • I would like to see my tickets on a calendar view perhaps.
Really good for people who running businesses who need a customer service site or who offer a monthly maintenance option to their clients.
Read Elizabeth Pampalone's full review
Nipun Mohanty profile photo
November 17, 2018

Review: "Fresh start to your customer support function - Freshdesk"

We are a product company in business for the last 10 years.

Freshdesk is being used by the entire organization to log tickets from internal users as well as our customers. The tool is primarily being used by the support team to track and manage problem tickets and capture enhancement requests from customers.

Freshdesk provides a holistic solution to address the majority of our needs and it is a single location where internal and external users go to manage their issues, problems and enhancement requests.
  • Freshdesk is a plug and play solution which does not take a long time to get started
  • Most features related to a problem management tool are available in the basic version as well
  • Chat functionality is one of the most impressive features available with Freshdesk. Also, it provides a mechanism to send automated emails to users logging a ticket.
  • The knowledge management feature is pretty sleek and easy to implement. This provides a lot of value to our customers.
  • In a ticket if there is a lot of communication then the tool hangs and slows down and using it becomes difficult
  • Customizing the tool is not very simple. It needs involvement from Freshdesk team.
  • Access control layers are at a high level, multiple roles for access control will be better.
Freshdesk is well suited if you have a customer facing support function. It is the tool that you have been looking for to manage all your incident management requirements. The analytics feature is impressive and helps us in improving our areas where we lack in supporting our customers, assisting in making data enabled decisions.

Freshdesk will be an over ill if you are looking for an internal incident management tool, most features would not be used and hence not very effective.
Read Nipun Mohanty's full review
Justin Reeves profile photo
September 12, 2018

Review: "Freshdesk is the best ticketing software I have ever used, Hands Down!"

We use Freshdesk for our entire school district, we give students and staff the ability to enter support tickets or create a chat for their technology issues.
  • Freshdesk’s automation features are amazing, we have specific dispatch rules set to automatically assign tickets to an agent based on the category selected for the ticket
  • We utilize the customer satisfaction portion of Freshdesk to see how well our agents are presenting solutions to our students and staff
  • The interface and design of Freshdesk is easy to use and gives us tons of information to work with
  • I utilize Freshdesk's API with our metrics dashboard to show how many tickets each agent has
  • The API documentation could be a little better. I had some trouble at first utilizing the API the way I wanted to
  • Some of the interface areas could be a bit more detailed. Some of our less tech savvy employees have trouble finding features if they are not labeled.
  • I've had some trouble in the past with some third party integrations.
Freshdesk is great for any environment looking for a support ticket solution. I like that it can be used in a simple support ticket fashion or you can get very precise with dispatch automation and scenario automations. Its overall just an amazing product.
Read Justin Reeves's full review
Steven Joe profile photo
December 28, 2018

Freshdesk Review: "Clean and simple - maybe too simple"

We use Freshdesk as our customer service portal. We use it to manage support tickets, and to make sure all customer issues are taken care of.
  • Good UI - Freshdesk is very clean and easy to use.
  • Lots of features that are really useful.
  • A free plan is really nice to have.
  • It can be hard to find a setting.
  • Need to upgrade for a custom domain.
  • Poor documentation.
It's good for basic customer service. However, for more advanced features, I would use something else, like Zendesk
Read Steven Joe's full review
Steven Smith profile photo
August 28, 2018

Freshdesk Review: "Fresh 'til Desk"

We use Freshdesk in the technology department of our school district, and students, teachers, and staff all submit tickets via Freshdesk to receive support from the IT staff. This has been working great for us for about 3 years. This gets all support needs in one location, instead of emails to multiple members of my team.
  • Ticket Management: This allows me to see all my team members' tickets and see who has what and who may need help. It also allows me to track trends.
  • Feedback system: Allowing staff and students to submit feedback based on their service received is very helpful in holding IT staff accountable.
  • Chat: Though we no longer use chat in our environment, the chat tools built into Freshdesk are absolutely amazing!
  • Customizable data on the dashboard. I would love to see different types of date available to choose from on the dashboard.
In any environment where you have any customers with needs and few staff to address those needs, it is an excellent tool! I highly recommend Freshdesk to anyone in this sort of environment.
Read Steven Smith's full review
Wayne Spivak profile photo
August 29, 2018

Review: "Freshdesk - the go-to software for Customer Service"

We use Freshdesk for two different Customer Service related uses.

1. Orders from our WooCommerce install get piped to Freshdesk for archival purposes (there is some info that doesn't appear elsewhere for those without access to Woo's Admin side.

2. All Customer Service inquiries. Again for archival purposes.
  • Easy to search
  • Easy to setup basic autoresponders or ticket modifications
  • Easy to do basic training
  • Tying together multiple responses on the same ticket
  • The screen UI flow can be improved
Obviously suited for company-wide archival of emails, Customer Service/Help Desk. As far as unsuited, I haven't come across a situation that I wasn't able to get FreshDesk to contribute to the answer.
Read Wayne Spivak's full review
November 27, 2018

Freshdesk Review: "Great tool for great customer success"

Freshdesk is our helpdesk platform for all the products we offer. Although sometimes the users write us to our individual accounts, we try to centralize every contact in Freshdesk, to make the best us of it. We are a small startup so it's the only one we are currently using and it is used by about 5 of us. The emails sent by users to our main contact address go directly there and is the way we have to make sure all the questions get responded.
  • The user interfaces is fast and easy to use (specially the new one they have rolled out not long ago). We could get up and using it right away. It's pretty easy to visualize the unanswered tickets with the predefined filters (at least if you keep some level of "tidiness")
  • It manages very well and clearly the assignation of agents so you don't mix up the answers. The tickets, even the long ones, are easy to read.
  • Ticket merging is very useful, because it is usual that the people who contact you write answers in different threads
  • We are a b2b provider, and we haven't found a good way of identifying the contacts with each of our customers. Tagging the contact seems to be a way, but you need to do couple of extra clics to go into the contact details and then introduce the client identification as a tag.
  • I didn't find a good way to identify tickets with a status representing that it's overdue because of the client.
  • The merging tool, although VERY useful, isn't for me completely intuitive. I have to pay a lot of attention at the icons and read the tooltip to make sure I'm keeping as main ticket the one that I want.
I'm confident that this is a great tool for any startup, or a small project in particular. As this is our scenario, I can't be sure how well or bad it's going to work for a more dedicated team of customer success. If you need a tool to have a great help desk for your users, then this tool will do the job for you. It's straightforward, easy to learn, easy to set up and improves your work on helping your users because you get to order your work.
November 19, 2018

Freshdesk Review: "A complete automated ticketing solution"

Much more speed and efficiency in our support work flow: Automation, assignments, grouping, tagging, SLA, Monitoring, Canned Responses, Integrated Widget, Email Forwarding, Facebook integration, etc. Looking forward to integrate the telephony also :-) I'm a tech manager in a growing online business and our support team is currently 3 agents. We needed to transition our support flow from mostly shared email support to something more efficient and I was the one to explore and choose the tech solution that we would implement - I chose Freshdesk. Here is why: The User Experience is very very well designed. I looked into ZenDesk, ZohoDesk, Desk.com, LADesk and others and they were all about the same price however Freshdesk stands out for the ease of use by far.Desk.com was the second-best design. However it was quite bland. Freshdesk was surprisingly easy to understand for the less technically inclined people in my team and that is a win. Freshdesk is full of features and while there are many we won't use in the foreseeable future there were enough really useful ones in the first paid plan [Blossom] that we felt comfortable justifying this expense for 3 agents and eventually 4. The ease of use of these features especially compared to shared mail made us buy into Freshesk: 'Group', 'assigned to', 'Tags', ' Dispatcher' , ' Observer'. We found how to automate all of them. I had EXCELLENT tech support to customize the ticket fields and widgets; we needed API calls and Webhooks used to fit the workflow to our preferred implementation and really the tech person knew his job, was always patient and knew what to suggest and how to help me configure Freshdesk above and beyond what I expected.
  • Managing tickets themselves is pretty simple. The interface is easy to comprehend, even without much training.
  • My favorite thing about Freshdesk is that it gives me very good insight into my agent activity so that I can come up with ways to motivate, reward and course correct my team. It has also come in handy to have recorded calls to look back on when needed.
  • * Agent collision - so much time is saved not having staff looking at the same ticket and dealing with it. * Customised list view for agents - allowing staff to determine what tickets they wish to view and easily jump from one view to another at a click of a button.
  • I like how the software keeps our team organized; everyone knows their issues to deal with and we don't lose track of anything. It's easy to respond to clients when the email in. Everything is clear and having required fields helps make reporting nice an easy. Overall I've been quite happy with the software and the rapid responses of the support team.
  • As we used the Free edition, we don't see any cons.
  • The only thing I would change is having the ability to customize the dashboard but everything else is perfect
  • Nothing worth even mentioning. This software is just perfect. We have found a few limitations and even a bug but the customer service have always promptly answered our queries.
  • I am personally not crazy about the new interface but our team seems to love it. The reports could get a bit more detailed, but frankly not much bad to say about this solution.
Freshdesk is a better option than handling support through email. The app keeps responses from customers together and offers useful features for sharing support responsibilities with other agents. The “Solutions” section is helpful to customers and the solutions can be easily linked or added to customer responses. It helps to provide a coordinated response to customer questions, general feedback, endorsements, and queries for product information.
November 17, 2018

Freshdesk Review: "Great support management platform"

Freshdesk is our primary customer support platform - we use Freshdesk to handle multiple channels (web, chat, email) of support for our various web products. Freshdesk offers a clean, effective, and affordable ticketing and support management solution that allows us to effectively support numerous products and communicate with all of our customers.
  • Free trial for any business to get going and try it out
  • Web interface is clean, fast, and easy to use
  • Pricing is fair and affordable + scales nicely
  • Ecosystem of additional Freshworks products is developing nicely
  • Per agent pricing might be prohibitive for certain team sizes / situations depending on company stage
  • Some areas such as user groups and contact management can be confusing / could be improved
Given the wide range of Freshworks products and integrations, Freshdesk is appropriate for various situations: from a company that just needs a simple email support/ticketing system to one managing multiple support channels and products, integration with sales teams, and more. I recommend exploring the feature set with the free trial and seeing how it works.
December 20, 2018

Freshdesk Review: "A live saviour support system"

Freshdesk is an intuitive, affordable with lots of great feature customer support software. It is very useful for software companies helping their clients and customers quicker and faster. With great features like : Gathering all the queries of customers at one place, connecting to them. All the conversations can also be recorded easily for future purpose. One can also automate obvious questions and bot will answer the question without involving any human help. Also it can be useful to connect to other teams to solve the issue faster and correctly.
  • Tracking of all the conversations from multiple channels in single platform.
  • Can use of bot to answer customer queries faster and simpler.
  • Can be used on multiple channels, integration is very easy.
  • Tracking of which tickets are solved and which are pending.
  • Cannot upload large documents.
Freskdesk is very helpful with lots of awesome features and analytics. It will boost your business and solve all the queries of your customers earning their satisfaction. It also tracks if all the tickets are being resolved and which are pending, performance of every agent. Solving all the problems across all the channels you use on same platform makes it easier, you don't have to use multiple admin panels and login to them time to time.
November 17, 2018

Freshdesk Review: "A powerful tool for ticketing and customer service"

Freshdesk is a powerful customer support and ticketing tool, but we found it to be too powerful for our needs. We were evaluating a tool to potentially replace Falcon.IO or ZenDesk, but we found that the suite actually provided more than we needed for our team.
  • User interface design. Everything is visually appealing.
  • Ticket organization and search. Everything is easy to find and organized well
  • Speed of platform. For an efficiency tool, speed is paramount. Even half a second extra per ticket adds up.
  • I found that some of the macro actions were difficult to set up
  • Somewhat of a learning curve for third-party integrations
  • KPI dashboards are not customizable
Well suited for larger teams with high volumes of tickets and agents spanning multiple focus areas.
Jose Quintero profile photo
March 30, 2018

Freshdesk Review: "Reach out to your external customers via social media the easy way"

Freshdesk is a very flexible platform for customer relationship, very well suited for sharing and gathering information with our external customers via different common channels such as forums, chats, and the social media. We receive (or convert from channels) tickets from our customers, route and notify them the respective agents and the customer, and track their lifecycle - all automated inside Freshdesk. As it's a Cloud-based, web-accessible application, you'll have no problem at all using it through a wide array of web-enabled devices such as mobile phones, tablets, etc, and without the need for a VPN (Freshdesk provides you with your own SSL-secure URL, and gives you the option of using your own if you want to), and it has a native integration with Facebook and Twitter, among others, so your FB page can convert automatically all, or selectively, your customer's posts into Freshdesk tickets. We use Freshdesk across our entire organization because of this interesting and flexible feature; we used to depend on Community Managers before to surf through our customer's inquiries in Facebook, and now we have automated such process.
  • Social Media Integration. Freshdesk is very robust in natively integrating with Facebook and Twitter, and the setup process is very easy and even assisted by Freshdesk's tutorials.
  • Ticketing Automation. You can automate Freshdesk's tickets in three main ways: upon creation (via Dispatch'r rules), on given periods of time (Supervisor rules), and upon given events such as a change in a ticket (Observer rules). You can also create Skills for automatically routing tickets to specific agents or teams. All this gives you a lot of flexibility for your business workflows.
  • Third-party integration. Freshdesk has an API for integrating with most third-party applications that use such interface and has its own marketplace for common, commercial and ready-to-use integrations with leading business apps such as Google Drive, Dropbox, MailChimp, Asterisk CTI, Skype and more.
  • Multiple Product Portals. If you require different web portals for different products because of their specific needs, you don't need different Freshdesk accounts for each one; just create a portal for each one, even assigning them their different URL landing pages, agent teams and default email addresses (just as if they were different FD accounts altogether), and manage them from a single place.
  • Reporting. Freshdesk has several built-in reports for analytics, productivity and customer success, however, the process of creating a new one totally customized is a little steep, although you can parametrize the included ones of course.
  • More social interaction. Today's trending and mainstream social media are Facebook and Twitter, but other alternatives such as Instagram and LinkedIn are growing in customer's choice as means of communicating with their external customers. Freshdesk does not provide a native integration with these social apps.
If you have lots of external customers who reach you via social media to express some issue, discomfort, or to report a situation in overall, then Freshdesk is definitely for you. Just rerouting your current Community Manager to other tasks such as website maintenance and customer success analytics instead of the heavy load of browsing through hundreds (sometimes thousands) of comments on Facebook and/or Twitter to redirect them - if applicable - to the respective customer support areas, and instead leaving such automation to Freshdesk, is a huge advantage for your company.
Read Jose Quintero's full review
Joshua Weaver profile photo
March 07, 2018

Review: "Freshdesk is simple and perfect for anyone who wants Quality AND Affordability"

We currently use Freshdesk as our sole ticketing system. It provides a support entry point for our online customers when we they need help after hours or don't want to engage in a paid support tier.
It catches emails as a support channel as well and converts them into tickets for us.
We have been using the free tier since before they started branching out with other products and have found it works great for our needs.
  • Great embeddable widget for support ticket and knowledge base
  • Easy to configure and setup
  • Exceptionally generous free tier
  • Easy to use and intuitive UI and UX
  • Integrates with MANY other products and services and APIs (For example, we have our Freshdesk account linked to our Slack account and get notified in Slack with every new ticket)
  • Their knowledge base deserves and extra bullet point. It's really simple to set up and makes providing links to documentation and solutions simple.
  • It's hard to find fault with this product
  • The SLA management on tickets can get confusing at times
  • The Auto closing of tickets got us into trouble a few times
I've tried several of the other competitors like Zendesk. They're clearly the industry leader and used by a lot of larger companies. They didn't have the pricing tier that worked for us at the time for what we were looking to spend. When I found Freshdesk and discovered they offered what we needed in just their Free Tier, I was blown away. I would imagine there would be a tier that meets most needs of a company.
I think you can benefit from Freshdesk if you:
  • Need a ticketing system
  • Need online documentation or a searchable knowledge base
  • Don't have a large budget
  • Need lots of features or integrations
If you can't find what you need with Freshdesk, I'm sure you can always find it by paying more money at a competitor.

Read Joshua Weaver's full review

Organize and prioritize service tickets (4)
Expert directory (3)
Subscription-based notifications (3)
ITSM collaboration and documentation (4)
Ticket creation and submission (4)
Ticket response (3)
9.7
External knowledge base (3)
Internal knowledge base (4)
Customer portal (3)
IVR (1)
Social integration (2)
Email support (4)
9.8
Help Desk CRM integration (4)

About Freshdesk

Freshdesk is a SaaS based customer support software for businesses of all sizes. The vendor's value proposition is that Freshdesk is priced affordably, and is free forever for any number of agents. There are four other plans available that come with a whole lot of features.

The vendor says Freshdesk is easy to use and takes little time to get started with. Further, it is configurable and customizable. For example, Freshdesk includes a gallery of themes to choose from, and the ability to automate workflows and manage escalations.

Also, Freshdesk uses integrated game mechanics to approach support tickets as chances for agents to score points. Support managers can even set up quests for agents to complete specific tasks like filling up the knowledge base, etc. Freshdesk aims to provide its own customers with great support free of cost via email, twitter, or phone.

Freshdesk Features

Incident and problem management Features
Does not have featureOrganize and prioritize service tickets
Does not have featureExpert directory
Does not have featureSubscription-based notifications
Does not have featureITSM collaboration and documentation
Does not have featureTicket creation and submission
Does not have featureTicket response
Does not have featureAutomated responses
Does not have featureAttachments/Screencasts
Does not have featureSLA management
Self Help Community Features
Has featureCall scripting
Has featureSocial integration
Has featureEmail support
Has featureHelp Desk CRM integration
Has featureCustomizable ticketing, with automations galore
Has featureMulti-channel support capabilities: phone, email, chat, Twitter, Facebook, in-app, forums, widgets.
Has featureGamified system with points, leaderboards and quests
Has featureIntegrations with over 100 business applications

Blossom$19per Agent
Garden$35per Agent
Estate$49per Agent
Forest$89per Agent

Starts at $0 for unlimited agents with the Sprout plan . Higher plans at $19, $35, $49 and $89. The 21-day free trial covers all features at the Estate plan.

Freshdesk Support Options