Reviews (1-25 of 127)
- The clear distinction in terms of modules and their functions, but you can easily link the different parts together.
- Users are involved in the TOPdesk product. Much attention to customer wishes. Free webinars about new developments or the exploration of certain parts.
- Easy to link to third-party applications.
- Every version that has been released has been thoroughly tested and therefore there are few bugs in production.
- Linking TOPdesk environment of customers and / or suppliers (Collaboration Center).
- Due to the many functionalities of the modules, you sometimes [do] not see the wood for the trees. With Asset Management they are taking a step in the right direction.
- Very user friendly
- Supporting all kind of processes within a company for services to personel and customers
- Key-point more clearly all too quickly changing options and possibilities
- Support more information about How best to implement processes
- More levels on Categorisation
- Extended functions in Forms + .PDF creation/Fill in
- They are making good progress in developing API's for communication with other apps which is becoming more and more important. Also the development of a collaboration platform for easy connecting to other/customer (TOPdesk) systems is a positive move.
- In our company we will build a extensive API configuration to communicate with MS Dynamics and we already have several connections with customers that gives a better user experience.
- The events and actions module gives extra power to the system to overcome some limitations or automate manual actions.
- We use this option for a lot of different activities. One is for a notification when a certificate or application license is almost expired but there are a lot more applications for this function.
- Technical support department performs nicely and in a professional way.
- Room for improvement is in workflows and in mandatory fields based on where you are in a proces. E.g. when closing an incident you have to be forced to check if you made the right decisions at registration time. Also skipping statuses is possible but not wanted.
- On several places it would helpful if you could make more field dependent on what you chose in a earlier field. E.g. in the new asset management templates showing only the models of the brand you choose. Also a third level under category/subcategory is needed.
It's mainly used as a helpdesk tool in which colleagues can address problems/questions/whatever. Besides that, the meetingplanner is a very powerful tool which prevents people to book meetingrooms which are already given.
Once every 3 months we use the possibility of making an overview of incoming calls, which come with ratings of how much time is spent on each call and which sort of call is being made most frequently.
- Making forms of standard routines.
- Making overviews of activities made.
- Integration with intranet (you have to set up that yourself though).
- In the SAAS version the most usual Windows shortcuts don't work.
- Using the TAB-key doesn't always work as you'd expect.
- TOPdesk is not quite pro-active in advising/schooling in different not-so-many used modules.
Streamlining calls with TOPdesk saves a lot of phone calls and emails.
However, if and when we needed their help... I can't say other than that it is superior to any other helpdesk of any other company: easy to be reached, very friendly, extremely helpful even to an extent that they look beyond the original question.
- TOPdesk provides easy to customize reports based on user or organization designed selections, allowing the data stored inside the helpdesk solution to be extracted, analyzed, and acted upon. Using simple visual queries, any user is able to build data extracts on the fly
- Importation of data is easy to arrange and insert into the system. From existing support requests to a customer knowledge database, the data can be imported once, or as part of a constantly updating system for user changes, asset management, or user-facing data.
- The ability to reply to emails to update tickets, both as the person making the support request and as the person working on the support request, makes it much easier to keep everyone informed as to the progress of the tickets and the eventual resolution.
- The initial setup curve is very high, with it being strongly recommended that you involve the company in the design and setup phases to be able to get the most out of the program. The complexity of the setup is more than offset by the functionality of the product.
- Gives a clear, configurable overview of open incidents.
- Has an easy-to-use self-service facility.
- Ability to create KPI based reporting.
- Azure SSO connector is cumbersome to configure.
- Office365 mail import configuration requires way too much permissions on your mail environment.
- UX can be improved.
- TOPdesk is simple to use for the creators of a ticket by the Self Service Portal
- The input forms are easy to design and have not much possibility for fancy stuff. Therefore they keep it simple and it can easily be created and designed.
- Process Flows can easily be modeled in TOPdesk by internal administrators.
- By defining user groups and assigning specific operators or callers, the business process can quickly be created. For more complicated workflows there is a so-called Change Management Module. For designing process flows for this module training is recommended.
- TOPdesk provides raw data reports that can be handled in Excel.
- Pivot tables in Excel let you easily be in control of reports.
- For application in the Scrum of Agile job assignment processes, TOPdesk offers the so-called Kanban board, which is very useful to show the overall status of tasks to be done.
- Modeling more complicated workflows is difficult and could need the support of a consultant
- Graphical output of Topdesk is very limited. Users mainly will rely on Excel as reporting tool, except for some basic graphs that are provided in your dashboard by Topdesk itself.
Complicated multistep process flows need to be designed carefully (consultancy). Also, the connection to graphical interfaces for daily dashboards outside TOPdesk can be troublesome.
But the real excellence of the TOPdesk organization can be found in their helpdesk. Issues are treated very seriously, solutions are provided free of charge, and the limits of the system are shared in an honest way.
If I should mention a weaker point, it is the speed of development to get rid of certain annoying things. However, these annoying characteristics were not very important.
- Software updates as a standard change for all steps to be taken
- All employee changes between multiple organizations managed in 1 change
- One place for all your questions
- Reports about changes and incidents in one view
- Easy report wizard for people who don't use TOPdesk daily
- Bulk changes for IT hardware
We have been able to make standard changes to update and upgrade the procedure of the software, even with an extensive change, which includes all steps to be taken, starting at the change advisory board through to delivery to the end-user.
The helpdesk is very helpful. When stuck, a quick call or e-mail to their Self-Service Desk, and I can move on with my work. No complaints so far.
- Versatility. The ability to customize the interface.
- The ability to customize workflows for Incident and Change management is the best I have seen.
- The ability to segregate customer groups and manage them in one instance of TOPdesk is great.
- Would love to see stronger Self Service functionality, such as AI.
- Would like to see TOPdesk further embrace customer management of the platform.
- This is a bit more subjective: The interface continues to improve, but I would like to see it be a bit more intuitive.
- It creates a very plain system wich is easy to understand for the employees.
- The amount of features within TOPdesk makes the sky unlimited. It is so advance that there simply isn't a "no" when you want something done in TOPdesk.
- On the management side, it's pretty hard to find and edit specific items if you don't know where to find it. It could be a bit more organized and easy for people who have to manage TOPdesk in their environment.
The overall usability is also on the responsability of the one that implements it. Aslong as you know what your business wants and needs it is the best software you can think of in the current market.
- The interface is well designed and through the years this has only improved.
- Reasonably easy to customize for your own needs. The management of the application is not too complex.
- Good and professional support from the TOPdesk support team.
- I would like to see more functionality for TOPDesk reports. It is not possible to create a complete report with several indicators from different categories. It would be great if I just could combine everything into one big management report which I could send monthly (automatically).
- Splitting the use for different departments in one TOPdesk environment is quite difficult. There are possibilities, but there can easily be cross contamination.
- The SelfServiceDesk is quite basic (but functional). It would be great if you could enrich these with widgets to retrieve realtime information from your environment (like specific uptime or live service status from business applications).
- Workflow Managments and uptime.
- Easily create forms for any new self service desk. Fast implementation of new workflows.
- Creating new users and archiving old users.
- Customizing more complicated workflow with different external teams.
- More options in creating more elaborate forms, adding pictures for example.
- more integration options for Azure, we currently cannot integrate fully with azure and manually upload everytime we create a new user.
It is well suited for ticket history and records retrieval.
It is not suited for team collaboration or collaboration with external users.
It is not suited with integration with office365.
- An employee is able to enter an IT problem or communication request in TopDesk.
- IT then receives the ticket and services it appropriately.
- We looked at using it as a project management system but found that it was more cumbersome for the novice user than some other systems that we looked at.
- The ability to customize it.
- Ability to access anywhere there is an internet connection.
- Support is really good. I had an issue where tickets were deleted and they were able to restore our company to a test envoirment so I could re-create them at no cost.
- Maybe a little easier to customize.
- Fix the Canadian phone support number. I called a few times and it just rings and rings.
- Be able to drag and drop a pic into the comment area while updating a ticket.
- Emailing us if it's down versus us calling support or checking their status page.
- Comes up with suggestions when creating an incident
- Being able to follow your incident
- One portal for all your questions
- As far as we are concerned, the scrum board needs attention. It is not possible to add documents, and tacs.
TOPdesk is a very good tool for creating and registering and reporting incidents. The scrum board deserves attention. It is nice to accommodate as much everything as possible in an application, unfortunately, this is not yet a fully-fledged instrument.
We hesitated to use Profit (Afas) to register incidents because this application was already present. However, this was too limited in functionality for us. The forms that can be created in the SSP (Self Service Portal) are often much more flexible.
The start of the implementation didn't go smoothly. There were some difficulties between the consultant from TOPdesk and the employee who would do the software setup. Their working method did not match.
TOPdesk solved this very well. After the rocky start, we went through a smooth implementation.
- User-friendly graphical interface
- Good reporting tool
- Possibility to build a knowledge base for FAQ
- We are not using all of the modules, so I would like to be careful with comments. Maybe some functions are available in other modules
- CSM functionality
Less suitable for Customer Support Management.
- in-person training
- Fast to address incidents, reported by telephone
- Fast tool to get information about customers
- Modular, so we started with only incident management, but now we have change management, operations management, and object management
- Fast replies of questions.
- In the SSP it is not possible for our customers to get an export of their own incidents in, for example, Excel.
- Email notification of incidents in the organization, For example, to client managers at our site and customer site.
- Integration with other tools like Power BI, report manager.
- Online training
- Very easy to use, it's rather self-explanatory.
- Default it offers a lot of functionalities, like Plan Boards, Task Boards, Time Registration, Knowledge Management, Contract Management etc. and one can choose to use it (or not to use it, if it's not needed).
- Very configurable so that you can set up your organizational needs very well.
- Easily differentiate between private and public remarks for internal / external communication.
- Can't name any real Cons for the system. There will always be some small improvements which would be nice to have, but in general, everyone should be able to get up and running in no time and reap the fruits of being able to track issues decently.
- Easy to understand end-user interface (both internal as well as self service portal)
- Easy to configure / maintain
- Easy to add new developed features to your SAAS platform (marketplace)
- Easy import facility to do relative simple data imports for base entities
- Search for specific data in your recorded interactions (both internal as well as from the self service portal)
- Increasing workflow automation possibilities using APIs
- Using custom fields in your SSP web forms. Currently, every field you enter (despite some standard ones like objects, contact details, category, short description,...) is stored in the request field. This makes it difficult for further process this data using HTTP actions.
- Plugin to push planned tasks to outlook is difficult to setup. Take a look at Salesforce.......
Provding support services in the public domain. We noticed it is really an advantage since many of our customers in the public domains also use TOPdesk.
Quick start for base first- and second line processes with less human resource effort. TOPdesk OOTB comes with ready to used first- and second line processes. There is not much knowledge and effort required to get started and keep your base configuration maintained. Also the license model is flexible to grow with your business. Overall this allows you a quick start of using TOPdesk with a minimum of exploitation effort and costs.
- With the help of the topdesk, the projects, incidents and changes are billed to the customers
- At the moment we have an improvement that we first have to make that already is already offered by the topdesk in functionality but it lacks time and know how to further refine and fine-tune this.
TOPdesk Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is TOPdesk?
1. Easy to use, quick to set up
2. Suitable for IT, FM or HR.
3. Seamless integrations with other packages.
4. Guaranteed service excellence.
5.Attractive and flexible licensing model TOPdesk has 20+ years experience in helping 5000+ organizations worldwide deliver the best service.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
TOPdesk has a unique license model: - Modular: Select the modules you need and easily expand as your business grows - Saas or On premise - Unlimited number of assets. Successful asset management should not be dependent on the license of your product. - End users OR service agents based, whichever fits your situation best. If you are looking for flexibility in the number of agents for e.g. extra busy times of the year, the flexible end user license lets you add agents without any restrictions, no day passes needed.
TOPdesk Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||5%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||55%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||40%|
TOPdesk Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
TOPdesk Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Norwegian|