Amazon Drive Reviews

February 03, 2020
Kristin Cole | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Amazon Drive as our primary back up for essential files, videos, and photos. We do not have company-wide access to Amazon Drive. It is only available to the owners. We don't access the files very frequently, but it gives us peace of mind to know that our files are safe and accessible to us in case we have any unexpected IT problems.
Read Kristin Cole's full review
January 26, 2020
Blake Baron | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Once we realized it was included in our Prime membership, we dropped the competition (Dropbox) that we were paying for and started using Amazon Drive. We use it to share files across departments and physical locations, i.e. design files that are used to build new products that can be commonly shared between the design team and the production team.
Read Blake Baron's full review
February 12, 2020
Ryan Olsen | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I used it to store files that needed to be saved but not accessed a bunch of times. It was more of a place to deep freeze things that might be needed later. I like to think of it as more of a "back-up of a back-up" in case the worst happens for important files.
Read Ryan Olsen's full review
February 23, 2020

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Amazon Cloud Drive to back up several terrabytes of focus group video recordings. That's the main thing we back up, but also some smaller files and documents.
January 18, 2019
Arlex Guzman | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I started using Amazon Cloud Drive in 2008. At that time it was becoming a fashionable cloud storage service and there was also talk of Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, and Megaupload among others. All of these were competing to offer free storage space and some offered more than others. Amazon made Amazon Cloud Drive available with 5 GB free, and it is still that way, only that they have focused on the storage of images as well. In 2008 I decided to try it and to this day the I keep using it. I really use it as a reliable data backup.
Read Arlex Guzman's full review
December 10, 2018
Miguel Brito | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are a company that works with musical events and provide services to perform weddings, celebrate birthdays, etc. For us the photographs, videos, and audio are indispensable. Many times we have to store templates of all kinds and we need space. We do not use PenDrives, or anything like that. Our biggest tool is the Cloud. Amazon Drive Cloud is used by our Marketing and Communications department to store different files. After a day of work, we keep all the photographs, videos and audios that we recorded and then edit them and return them to the client as a token of gratitude for having hired us.

This program helps us store information. It really is a compliment, because we use several programs, from different companies, to store data and, until now, Amazon Drive Cloud has served us well.
Read Miguel Brito's full review
July 20, 2018
antonio lopez | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Almost a year ago I discovered Amazon Cloud Drive by simple chance when I was looking for some files on the internet and when I found them I was struck by the great speed with which I could access the file. For that reason, I decided to look for the server and it was really a surprise to know what it was and even more to know the great features it has.
Read antonio lopez's full review
March 24, 2017
Mike Narumiya | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use it for a our file/document sharing system, used across the entire company. Allows for access, independent of a lot of clunky systems and at reduced hardware costs. Has a high availability which is important when replacing our local storage devices.
Read Mike Narumiya's full review
April 14, 2016
Jorden Beatty | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We primarily use Amazon Cloud Drive (ACD) as a backup solution for our internal work server, as well as for individual users to store rich media, such as photos, audio and video files. In my experience, for a business, ACD is one of the best solutions for cloud storage with its lightning-fast, synced backup solutions available across multiple devices, and numerous security options. Amazon Cloud Drive also integrates well with a number of our other web services, which is a huge convenience and time saver for our business.
Read Jorden Beatty's full review
June 06, 2016
Muhammad Fazalul Rahman | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Amazon Cloud drive is not used by the entire department or company. I have been personally using it for a while. I use it as a secondary backup other than OneDrive. Some of the files that I feel are important, like official documents that do not change with time are uploaded to Amazon Cloud Drive.
Read Muhammad Fazalul Rahman's full review
June 06, 2016
Kaung Htet Kyaw | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Amazon Cloud Drive is a great, well organized cloud drive compared to unorganized Google Drive. Having different categories to store different types of files is a great thing for people who do not have much time to organize and mange the sub-folders. I as a student who has many different types of files and folders can use the amazon cloud drive without having to make different categories by myself. And being able to access from mobile phones and tablets using the app is just a plus. Very very useful and recommended for everyone.
Read Kaung Htet Kyaw's full review
June 02, 2016
venkat nitin panaganti | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I was using the Amazon cloud services as a part of my course work at RIT, in the class of database management and access. The use of Amazon cloud storage is mandatory for every student who takes this class as the database created is on the elastic compute cloud server and not on the client. This database is accessed and necessary actions are performed throughout the course. The course administrates the use of Amazon cloud as we need to store our database on a server and not on the client machine and then be able to access it from anywhere.
Read venkat nitin panaganti's full review
May 31, 2016
Marcus Young | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our company uses Amazon Cloud Drive to share all of our shared documents between teams. Our developers have started using it as a repository for our generated documentation so that the relevant consuming teams can get up-to-date information whenever our internal processes publish the code and documentation. It's easy for the non-technical teams to understand and utilize.
Read Marcus Young's full review
May 25, 2016
Jason Montoya | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

My family and I use the Amazon Cloud Drive to organize and backup all of our personal photos and videos. My wife and I have downloaded the app on our respective Iphones and it syncs every photo we take into the Amazon Cloud. Our children also have kindles so it syncs any photos they take to the Amazon Cloud. Simply put, it gathers and backs up all of our photos fairly seamlessly and easily.
Read Jason Montoya's full review
December 11, 2018

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Amazon Drive for sharing documents for a workflow. This is beneficial because users can access it on any device, whether it be a work station or on-the-go on a mobile device. This is imperative, as things are always changing. It's nice to use a cloud service without the lag of having to log into a secure network to access a work station. Wonderful because, if organized properly, you will always know you are looking at the most recent file.
May 23, 2017

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Amazon Cloud Drive to be able to share documents and other work files as well as support marketing operations that depend on maintaining a database that can be modified with speed and agility. We use Amazon Cloud within the marketing department. It has been integrated recently across all work stations. Using Amazon's solution has increased the speed and efficiency our marketing teams are able to work and collaborate. Being able to control access to the document has also increased security while remaining compliant with the necessary compliancy we need to abide by. At the same time our reps have had an easier time adopting it and using it in their everyday operations.

In terms of access you will not have an issue trying to use your server in China unlike some other competitors such as Google Cloud which leads to some issues.
August 09, 2016

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It is being used only by my team not the whole organization. We use AWS pretty extensively, so it very well gels into it with extensive API and all the necessary files and documentations are in one place.
June 15, 2016

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Amazon Cloud Drive is being used as a general storage for miscellaneous tasks and documents coming from the project managerial sides. This is then reviewed by the engineering team as well as the project managers before user stories are created and pointed in an agile environment.
June 04, 2016

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

This is really helpful to me since I can easily share my files and pick them up wherever I go. It's super helpful because I have multiple computers, and I always need to find a flash drive to put it on. Also, since you get unlimited storage, you never have to worry about cluttering your computer with unnecessary files. As a packrat, I hate having to throw away files and with the cloud that's not an issue of mine anymore.
June 03, 2016

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Amazon Cloud Drive is being used by the organization in order to make sure that we always have our data available to us, along with Google's cloud solutions. It's important as a large amount of members of the team are constantly traveling around the world for business needs, and this ensure they have access to vital work information, even if they don't have access to their physical work stations.

Versioning (13)
Video files (20)
Audio files (18)
Document collaboration (15)
Access control (17)
9.8
File search (19)
Device sync (21)
User and role management (17)
File organization (19)
Device management (16)
6.4
Performance (23)
Reliability (22)
Storage Reports (15)

What is Amazon Drive?

Amazon Drive allows users to aggregate all of their digital content, including photos and videos, in one place. The Cloud Drive is build in to Amazon devices. Users have secure access from any computer, or via their free mobile apps. Amazon Drive offers a free 3-month trial, and pricing packages based on what type of storage users seek. For $11.99/yr, users can store unlimited photos plus 5GB of videos and other files. For $59.99/yr, users can upgrade to unlimited everything (photos, videos, files, and documents).

Amazon Drive Pricing