Reviews (1-2 of 2)
May 24, 2020
A great product to support developer's leveraging processes in their critical enterprise applications
Score 9 out of 10
We leverage Camunda BPM as a process engine to build process-aware solutions for our clients. Typically this is to replace traditional monolithic applications that have not kept up with changes in the business and market, with applications that are designed around the workflows of the team members, and the processes that the business needs to compete. These solutions range from reservation systems, to construction management, to marketing automation plans, but that just scratches the surface.
- Embedding a first-class process capability in your application.
- Providing a standards-based modeling capability, backed by a standards-native engine.
- Great support for developers and a developer community.
- Great set of comprehensive APIs across a number of different design points
- All of the code is available in GitHub as a great open source project with Apache licenses.
- Comprehensive documentation of code and APIs and usage.
- Innovative spin-offs like Zeebe.
- Support for micro-services orchestration.
- Support for both embedded and stand alone usage scenarios.
- The company is innovative and focused on this space.
- Camunda expects that you will develop your own user interfaces. This is either a benefit or a barrier depending on your perspective on packaged UI.
- As an open source vendor, Camunda is under-covered in analyst reports.
Read Scott Francis's full review
For clients with a need for mission-critical business applications, Camunda brings great process tech to those applications. For clients with good development capabilities, Camunda enables those developers to design around processes, instead of designing everything as a CRUD application that ignores processes. It's a great product for process purists and development purists, but it has appeal beyond these core groups. Camunda also provides good tools for having visibility into how the product works, which is also very valuable.
January 08, 2019
Score 6 out of 10
Used as a part of a solution mainly to deal with customer problems related to business processes and rules need to be adhered to in a particular system. It is primarily used by the technical team as a tool to orchestrate the required tasks and processes, and primarily sold as part of a solution offering by consultants.
- Task orchestration
- Graphical interface allows normal users to understand business process model diagrams more intuitively
- GUI lacks shortcuts
- GUI is not intuitive and hard to use. More involved technical capabilities are hidden in the menus which make navigation and setup difficult.
- Community exists but is relatively small and highly technical. Support is not easily accessible unless the costly paid version is opted for.
- Debugging is difficult as there is no error/typo checking or console in the designer when using scripts. It does not have the capabilities of more fully featured IDEs, but is a simple text entry for scripts.
Read this authenticated review
A viable solution for low budget projects where highly technical staff, specifically software developers, are available as a resource. The product requires deep technical knowledge and also experience with the product to deal with its quirks, however once implemented is relatively straightforward to maintain. Suitable for small-med sized/scale business process/rule processing requirements.
camunda BPM Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About camunda BPM
Camunda BPM uses its strengths in workflows, modeling, and integration with Java and Seamless Spring as the basis for its business process management offering. Camunda BPM is available through multiple deployments: standalone, embedded with container integration, and in cluster deployment.
Categories: Business Process Management (BPM)