Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Business rules engine (63)9.292%
- Dashboards (61)9.090%
- Process designer (63)8.888%
- Standard reports (61)8.282%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Pega Platform, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Tech Details
According to the vendor, the Pega Platform transforms business stakeholders into citizen developers with a no code, visual app development experience, while empowering professional developers to architect applications with a model-driven approach in a low code environment. Pega aims to maximize productivity, re-use, and scale for the enterprise while delivering meaningful apps 6.4x faster, reducing development costs by 75% and driving ROI by 321%.
- Supported: Process designer
- Supported: Process simulation
- Supported: Business rules engine
- Supported: SOA support
- Supported: Process player
- Supported: Form builder
- Supported: Model execution
- Supported: Social collaboration tools
- Supported: Dashboards
- Supported: Standard reports
- Supported: Custom reports
- Supported: Application Development
- Supported: Case Management
- Supported: Cloud Decision Management
- Supported: Intelligent Virtual Assistant
- Supported: Mobility
- Supported: Robotic Automation
- Supported: Workforce Intelligence
- Legacy System APIs
- standards-based protocols (like SOAP
- REST and more)
|Deployment Types||On-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries||Global Support|
|Supported Languages||All major languages; localization available|
- Background processing
- Casetype management
- Work delegation
- API invocation
- Debugging of Java code if we write for custom requirement
- Building environment tool itself so i can build large application less than a month.
- Powerful and easy to peruse your career, if you don't have a computer science background.
- Easy to maintain and quick update on version and patches.
- its provides a less code if you have trouble writing code.
- Sometime facing challenges post updating of patches.
- Improvement needed in reporting capabilities.
- complex solution both users and some part handled by the IT team.
- It's very hard to find resources in pega.
CRM and automated tool.
- Case management
- Debugging tools needs to be user friendly
- Process view can be better when compared to other apps
- Integration GUI needs to improve
- It has an excellent process automation platform.
- The reporting feature is very good.
- It has connectors and translators to connect with other applications fairly easily
- The setup process is bit complex and requires training.
- Does not have good data scrapping abilities
- Knowledge Articles
- Task Oriented
- Pega platform allows us to build a totally customizable UI
- Pega allows us to build logic that replaces decisioning, removing a lot of manul touch
- Pega has proven relatively simple to intergrate other tools with because of its open API
- I wanted my technician appointments visualized in a calendar, chronologically, and in a way that they could drag and drop appointments in order to manage their time.
- Pega's filtering capability on custom dashboards is very limited. When one of my agents does a custom search, and then opens a ticket from the results, when they go back to the results, all of the results have dissapeared and they have to search again. We should be able to click 'back' and have the results saved.
- Adaptive analytics - Pega platform allows you to feed data from all your interactions into their interaction history so it learns from past behavior and it starts predicting the best course of action.
- Pega BPM - Business process management engine allows you to specify various business rules on a WYSIWYG way so you can visually understand all the process flow.
- Pega provides a robust list of use cases on their website where you can learn how other companies implemented the platform and the pitfalls they overcame. Very helpful to also attend their user conference, PegaWorld.
- Pega is a very robust platform but it requires lots of technical help to set it up. It would be helpful if Pega created business templates with best practices to follow, based on all their industry experience.
- Pega academy is a great resource but only available for clients. I wish this resource was available for those on the evaluation phase so they can learn more about what next-best-action marketing is.
- Pega is a low-code platform which doesn't excite most of the developers as they normally love to develop in new and exciting languages. I wish Pega helped facilitate the transition for developers to low code platform. It's a culture change not always easy to accomplish.
- Case management feature
- Browser-based applications. You don't need any software installation on the machine to access Pega
- Background processing of the process flows
- Well defined intuitive out of the box UI available which needs less customization
- Supports both front end and backend applications
- Pega RPA has translators for specific platforms which makes it easy to integrate and automate. For example, .Net translators helps to interrogate applications based on .Net platform.
- "Wait for Create" feature is not available in any other RPA tool, which is handy during RPA workflows.
- Pega RPA has special features for Pega application which makes it a preferred RPA tool for them.
- Pega RPA doesn't have centralized control room which is available in other RPA tools. It should be there for the centralized control of bots.
- Pega RPA should have better help documents and tutorials. Help.Openspan.com doesn't contain enough examples to understand the product. This will ease the lives of developers.
- It should have better recording and data scrapping features which are present in other RPA tools like UIPath, AA, and Blueprism.
- Case Management
- Easily configurable User Interface
- Invoking Service APIs
- SR's Hotfixes
- Data management
- Designer studio latencies
- It is good working on Pega robotics. It makes work easier and simple. It is easy to automate work using Pega robotics' automation.
- Good support of custom code so you can extend functionality.
- Automation of desktop or web application.
- It has very good potential to be customized to fit your needs.
- Browser base so it can run on any computer with a browser only. No installation needed.
- Java base but no coding required for the most part except some advanced things that might require some coding.
- Easy to update when a new version becomes available as long you do not have a lot of customization and you try to utilize the out of the box features.
- Pega uses so much new jargon that you need to learn. For example, Harness.
- So many drill-downs: every time you need to create something you end up with 5 tabs to drill-down.
- For example, if you are adding a property with a when rule you keep drilling down to create everything and it can get a little more difficult to keep track of where you are.
- It can be customized to do anything you need and it is difficult and not recommend.
- Reduced Time to Market
- Integrations like SMS and Push notifications
- Decisioning. Pega exceeds expectations to provide solutions to complex business requirements and integration.
- Scalability. Pega is designed to support any size of process management and can quickly grow and adapt for future business needs.
- Rapid Change. Pega solves the problem of implementing a new requirement in an existing system. System Architects can add, remove or change any type of process on the go.
- Pega is so big and complex that implementing a rather easy requirement can be overwhelming .
- Pega requires a lot of knowledge to implement any kind of requirement. There are several levels of certifications in order to properly use the tool.
- Some basic programming knowledge is not enough to learn to use Pega. Some features even go against general programming rules.
- Great flexibility in creating a UI for Robotic Desktop Automation solutions.
- Web services are able to be used in conjunction with the RPA solutions.
- Process Recording and automatic code generation is a very nice feature as well.
- RPA marketing likes to say that traditional developers are not needed to "code" RPA solutions. This is not true for Pega RPA. A coding background is really needed to work on advanced automations.
- The pricing / licensing model for RPA bots does not compete well with some competitors.
- Quick development time. Much of the Pega "rules" are easy to configure and implement.
- Visually friendly and modern. Much of the UI/UX elements in the system are continuously supported and updated, giving a nice feel to the apps.
- Many of the configurations and rules Pega gives to the developers can also be delegated to business users. The organization and structure of the client's business can easily be adapted in the Pega platform.
- Not all software is bug-free and Pega is no exception. Notable problems arise when upgrading between versions of already existing apps. Pega does its best to support apps but can be slow to respond.
- Small circle of users. Pega is a niche technology and much of its methods and functions strictly apply to Pega itself. There are not nearly as many resources to refer to compared to some of the bigger name technologies.
- Often restricted to the platform. Many of Pega "rules" are restricted, as there are approved "guardrails" Pega wishes developers to stay within. Clients may want one thing but Pega may not support it and it can be difficult navigating around the limitations Pega itself puts in place for these.
- Pega is a codeless application which helps us spend less time in development and more time focusing on business
- CPM framework: They should improve it by making it more simple
Earlier it was all paper work and complex processes which Brokers had to undergo for processing premiums and claims but with Pega application coming into the picture all these are processes are simplified and automated.
- The big advantage is we don't have to have to build the system from the scratch like any conventional programming.
- Case Life Cycle Management - which allows any business user to capture and process the full scope of work in their operations, be it document handling, approvals, decision making, etc. These tasks can all be built into a process flow to automate as much as possible.
- Design-once, deploy-anywhere user interface-saves a lot of effort.
- Less coding, adopts changes and quick developments.
- Should focus on improving the search engine on PDN training.
- Very costly tool for small scale companies.
- Pega’s Strategic Apps, CoBrowse and OpenSpan offerings appeal to mid-market customers, but Pega is not aggressively promoting Pega 7 and Pega Express as stand-alone iBPMS platforms to the mid-market
- Exceptional handling/fools-proof code for faster results
- Built-in reports
- Faster building of code modules which can be built separately and joined together
- SMA, tracer, clipboard tools which make the debugging process much easier
- Easy building of User Interface
- Advanced shapes like email and work object status auto updations
- Multiple records of data retrieval from the DB causes slowness
- AES built in reports or customization of those reports are limited
- Limited out of the box functionalities
- Special UI components addressing is difficult
- Versioning: We can create a new version of a rule whenever case behavior needs to change. Pega maintains a history of changes to a rule, allowing system architects to review the change history and undo changes if needed. Since each rule describes a specific case behavior, the rest of the case is unaffected. For example, a system architect updates a UI form with instructions and removes a critical field. You can review the history of the form and revert back to the version before the changes were made, without changing other rules in the application.
- Delegation: We can delegate rules to business users to allow business users to update case behavior as business conditions change. The business user updates the delegated rule, while other parts of the application remain unchanged. For example, expense reports that total USD25 or less are approved automatically. You create a rule to test whether an expense report totals USD25 or less and delegate the rule to the Accounting department. The Accounting department can then update the rule to increase the threshold for automatic approval increases to USD50, without submitting a change request for the application.
- Reuse: We can reuse rules whenever an application needs to incorporate existing case behavior. Otherwise, you must reconfigure the behavior every time the behavior is needed. For example, you create a UI form to collect policyholder information for auto insurance claims. You can then reuse this UI form for property insurance claims and marine insurance claims.
- Workflow management. Easy development and maintenance of customer processes
- Integration. Readily available adapters to connect to commonly used systems.
- Time to Market from initiation phase.
- Solution frameworks available for specific industry needs, and can be tailored to meet custom requirements
- B2C engagements
- AI, ML
- Easy development of very high end UI
Pega platform is used as a development tool to deliver BPM software in our organization. It is used in one SBU not in the whole organization. It is used to develop solutions related to domains such as Healthcare, Insurance Banking and Finance. In addition, it is used to build fleet management system and logistics related system.
Following Pega Best practices and having Pega expertise benefits in developing large scale software solutions in long term. This toll can manage large data sets with reports, It encourages developer to build with the end product in mind. Performance issue handling, Exceptions handling and even including comments is monitored at development time.
There are in built frameworks in Pega platform that provides the ability to develop and deliver solutions faster. Developing UIs in Pega is easy. Developer need to drag and drop inbuilt Pega layouts and can apply necessary CSS and styles using Pega skin. So, UIs can be customized to meet customer needs. These responsive UIs are easily accessible from mobile, tab and desktop with minimum and/or no configuration.
- Pega’s Situational layer cake architecture is capable of organizing application to suit enterprise needs. An enterprise can have a complex organization structure located around the globe. Because of Situational layer cake architecture reusing common policies and procedures is easy while allowing for differences between products, regions, channels and customer segments.Whereas with some application development platforms, separate copies of the application should be created to suite different business context.
- Faster application delivery
- With Pega developers can reuse common policies and procedures, replicate functions and industry specific frameworks and utilize pega UI elements to develop applications. IT is easy to deploy.Therefore developers are capable of delivering application earlier compared to some application development platforms. Pega reduces time taken to deliver an outcome.
- Pega upgrades
- Pega platform is upddated to adapt and work with latest technologies.
- Proprietary users support and maintain Pega platform continuously. Pega customer support is always willing to enhance product support.
- Need more learning materials. For Beginners who have previous programming experience with another language takes more time to learn.
- If the developer is met with an issue in pega platform , they have to rely on Pega supporting team to fix it.
- Customization is available but is not encouraged. Pega does not support faults that occur in customized solutions.
Developing attractive UIs is difficult in Pega.
- Workflow and case management
- Integration and services
- Customer Service for healthcare
- Data management
- Workforce intelligence
The application manages end to end life cycle of claims.
We have multiple applications built in Peg, for claims management and fraud management.
- Pega is a Business Process Management tool. It can be used to manage the business flows, and enables us to quickly build end to end applications . It can also be integrated with legacy systems.
- It can be used to automate lots of manual tasks, by using its back end agents features. It can also get updates from other systems and process claims without any manual intervention
- Pega has out of the box reporting and dashboards which can be used to manage the metrics.
- Pega has to come up with ways to integrate with cloud, which is ubiquitous now. The tools should change to adapt it.
- Pega has to improve in providing detailed documentation for all its features. There is very little documentations on some features like high availability.
- Pega has to come up with ways to implement A/B testing. In the current world there is no time to deploy and rollback.
- Building business process applications which have assignments, routing and escalations.
- Best suited for customer care applications.
Less suited for
- applications which have the system of records in some other system (ie) For claims application the claims details has to be in pega, if the info has to be fetched from some other system it makes the application slow.
- Easy to configure and implement out of the box solutions
- The built-in functionality is amazing
- Code sharing and reuse is built into the product
- Inheritance is two-directional allowing for reuse
- Better access to the database for hosted solutions
- Lower cost for smaller applications and businesses
- The upgrade can be easier
- Provide guardrails when code will prevent upgrades