Reviews (1-1 of 1)
April 21, 2016
Score 7 out of 10
We use Check Point Firewall Software Blade for outside facing protection for our hardware in multiple locations throughout the organization. Check Point serves as our primary firewall and our VPN software solution for the company. It is very easy to set up and use Check Point as a solution for VPN access instead of Microsoft VPN. The firewall itself proves to be very effective in managing traffic.
- The management console is very easy to use. There is a lot of information on it which can seem overwhelming, but everything is right there in one page.
- You have the ability to manage certain websites or IP addresses based on web content that is predefined or track individual end users.
- The support for Check Point is excellent. If you are having trouble with the appliance, help is not far away. Techs will stay with you for hours if need be, to resolve any issues.
- Check Point has a complex range of reporting tools, some of which can take time to learn and be comfortable with.
- The firewall is solid and needs to have someone with training to manage it which means any little mistake can bring down the network and have you on the phone with Check Point support.
- They are pricey for some of the hardware and reporting tools.
Read Ramesh Ramrattan's full review
I believe Check Point Firewall Software Blade is well suited for medium to large organizations with 500 employees or less. Anything more than that, I would choose a more enterprise level firewall like Dell SonicWALL. Check Point does not provide mobile device control or Wi-Fi network control without purchasing a different Check Point appliance.
Check Point Firewall Software Blade Scorecard Summary
About Check Point Firewall Software Blade
Check Point Firewall Software Blades are the modularized product offerings that Check Point provides. They include Check Point’s VPN, IPS, Firewall, and Application control features. These features are structured into “blades” to enable easier user access and toggling from a single management console.
Check Point Firewall Software Blade Technical Details