Citrix Gateway

Citrix Gateway

Citrix Gateway (formerly NetScaler Unified Gateway)

A Great Experience

May 03, 2022

Honest Review

May 02, 2022

Can't complain, good product

May 30, 2020

Gets the job done!

February 02, 2018
I use it to access my client's environment. It is used across the client's organization for employees to access the environment remotely.

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Citrix Gateway, and make your voice heard!

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://store.citrix.com/?s=citrix%20ga…

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $995 per month

What is Citrix Gateway?

Citrix Gateway (formerly NetScaler Unified Gateway) is an access gateway with SSL VPN solution, providing single sign-on (SSO) and authentication for remote end users of network assets.

Citrix Gateway Video

Citrix NetScaler Unified Gateway Overview

Citrix Gateway Technical Details

What is Citrix Gateway?

How much does Citrix Gateway cost?

Citrix Gateway starts at $995.

What is Citrix Gateway's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.

Who uses Citrix Gateway?

The most common users of Citrix Gateway are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

SEGUNDO GONZALEZ GONZALEZ | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Citrix Netscaler Gateway as a platform for secure external access to virtualized applications in our work environment. Citrix Netscaler Gateway provide secure and balanced access from outside our hospital to our users to the main healthcare applications and virtualized machines. It is one more layer of security in addition to the firewall.
  • Provides level 4 load balancing to deliver better performance for applications and services
  • WAF (application), proxy and VPN firewall support
  • Monitor the performance of applications even in real time to improve the UX
  • Configuration console is unfriendly
  • A good knowledge of the product is necessary for its production
The best usage scenario for Citrix Netscaler Gateway is in enterprises with a high volume of telecommuting users or in situations where the user needs to access certain applications from anywhere. In our case as a hospital, we need our doctors to access the medical records of the patients and be able to carry out any required action, with a high level of security and with a certain agility.
May 03, 2022

A Great Experience

We use Citrix as one of our main tools to book hotel reservations, check our metrics, and a lot more. It is a very convenient, useful, and important tool to us. I highly recommend this tool very usefully. I really like it and very user-friendly. I have been using it for many years now.
  • Booking tool.
  • Tool for checking our metrics.
  • Notepad
  • We open cisco using Citrix.
  • We can check our CSAT here too.
  • Browser tool.
  • I suggest make it more faster because sometimes its lagging but not all the time.
  • When it comes to Notepad I suggest having options for the size of fonts, and color of fonts, to make it look nicer.
  • I suggest making it more user-friendly, and more features so that users can perfectly maximize this tool.
Citrix Gateway is also a great browser or alternate browser if you need a more search engine for your research and other important things to know. It is perfect for your browsing experience and I highly recommend Citrix to my colleagues and friends. For me, this tool is really useful and I believe to others too.
On our end, it makes sense to have your Citrix Gateway ( Formerly NetScaler Unified Gateway ) used for us to take business calls. Citrix Gateway is very accessible, we can access anything with no restriction, and it's very easy to use as well. Usually, we don't have any business problems or system issues while using Citrix Gateway, sometimes there's a system down but that was understandable on our end since there are a lot of agents using your Citrix Gateway. But for me as one of the agents using your tool ( Citrix Gateway ), it was very helpful on my end. It helps me to finish my job on time as long as no issue or system is down and I recommend it to anyone.
  • Very accessible to any app, and any devices using single URL.
  • Very helpful to all the people using Citrix Gateway to do their job.
  • Using Citrix Gateway agents are being productive and more successful in their roles as long as there's no issue or system down.
  • On my end, I didn't encounter any features of Citrix Gateway while using it.
  • More improvement and more features to be added in the future.
  • While using Citrix Gateway, it was great that I didn't experience any missing functionality.
One of my clients has an issue looking for a location and I use your tool (Citrix Gateway) to assist my client. And the client was very grateful and give some commendations to my supervisor because I assist my client as fast as I can. I can't get that commendation from our client without your tools (Citrix Gateway).
May 02, 2022

Honest Review

Citrix Gateway is one of our main tool. It allows us to open applications that we mainly use for work purposes. It provides a server wherein we enhance our availability and experience. As a user, it is very helpful as it provides an interface wherein we see data and apps that we use for work.
  • Allows us to open Guest Connect which we use to check availability, meeting space and etc.,
  • Allows us to open sensitive information, links, attachments etc., that can't be open outside Citrix.
  • Gives us the benefit of using Citrix that enhance security and user experience.
  • One main opportunity that I want to be improved is to lessen the lag and errors in using Citrix.
  • We wish to reduce support request with self service password resets.
  • We would also want to lessen authentication to involve less administration.
We were using Citrix as we taking calls before. We use citrix to open Guest Connect which we use for hotel reservation. There was a time wherein we're almost done with the reservation and just have to confirm if it's been created. However, for some reason the Citrix crashed and the guest was waiting on the line for 5 mins. We were unable to close the sale and gave a callback rather.
April 28, 2022

Citrix Gateway Review

Citrix Gateway is being used in our company with open tools which are business-related. When the tools started to shut down, I just did troubleshooting.
  • Open Google Chrome.
  • Open Notepad.
  • Open Internet Explorer.
  • It should not log you out automatically.
  • It should work faster than normal speed.
  • It should work on all browsers.
It is inappropriate to use if you have to watch videos.
Some of our company tools are integrated with Citrix Gateway. So in order to use them, we would first need to log in to Citrix. From there, we will be able to access those tools and some of the sites that are not accessible in the regular browsers such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
  • Accessing work-related websites.
  • It makes most of our tools more accessible.
  • Using is like having another desktop inside your desktop. Since we are unable to create our own folders and save files when using company computers, Citrix Gateway allows us to do those.
  • It would've been better if it could work faster without requiring so much high speed. My internet speed runs at 25mbps but It works slow at times.
  • It disconnects automatically and log us out of our tools if not being used for an hour. It sucks when you came back from lunch and need to log in again.
  • It would also be great if there's a support or guide on the website that we can check if we encounter any problems.
My job requires us to visit some work-related websites that are completely blocked from our company's desktop. They can't make any exemption with us since they apply the same policy in all lines of business. Without Citrix Gateway, it would be impossible for us to accomplish my duties. I wouldn't recommend it if your company is not too strict about it and if your tools can easily be accessed on any computer.
I remember when Citrix Gateway was called NetScaler Unified Gateway. It's being used for remote desktop access, as we are now all working from home. We, for the most part, all left our desktop computers at the office, and because they have more power and storage and access to the network than many home devices, we use Citrix to work off them from any device.
  • Remote desktop - use your computer or phone to access your desktop
  • Chat
  • Communications
  • Better connections
  • Reliability
  • Cost
  • Access
Citrix Gateway is really well suited if you have no access to a network or to your desktop and need to get files or use a piece of specific software that you don't have multiple device licenses for and need to access. It's usually pretty reliable but does sometimes have some issues with connection.
Support is pretty good and pretty fast to respond. I can't say I can really complain about the support experience I've had with them, as they've resolved issues within a reasonable time-frame. Of course, they could always be faster and better, but I think for what we pay, it's well worth the money.
Most of the organization is using Citrix Gateway. It is nice to be able to access things from your desktop, including folders from restricted drives, but the one problem I am having is accessing programs/software from my desktop. I had IT look at it, and they could not correct the issue through Citrix. I would have to log in through different software. The software I could not access is BNA's Interactive Forms.
  • Access folders from restricted drives from outside the office
  • Access desktop, view desktop from outside the office
  • Save documents to virtually any folder that you access in the office, outside the office
  • Cannot use Microsoft TEAMS through Citrix Gateway. This is used daily and is a big problem.
  • Cannot access software on computer in the office, outside of the office
  • Have to use other programs other than Citrix Gateway to access BNA Interactive Forms software and Microsoft TEAMS.
Citrix Gateway is great to access folders that are saved on restricted drives when you are outside of the office. Citrix Gateway cannot be used for Microsoft Teams, which is used daily while working virtually. Citrix cannot be used for BNA Interactive Forms.
There are many benefits to using Citrix Gateway. And it has some limitations when used with other software products such as Microsoft Teams and BNA Interactive Forms.
We use the Citrix Gateway as a way to publish applications and services on the Internet and also as gateway into our Citrix Environment for remote users. It's asp used as a perimeter divide between our internal networks and DMZ and it helps us in segregating traffic and maintain our network secure.
  • Application publishing.
  • Reverse Proxy.
  • Management interface.
It's very good at providing reverse proxy functionality when you don't want to directly expose your infrastructure to the Internet and it also works brilliantly as a way to enable remote access to your Citrix environment.
Support is very responsive and understanding and all the issues we have had have been addressed and resolved in a timely manner and with success.
David Reese | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, we use Citrix NetScaler Access Gateway as a VPN client and an extranet client. The entire company uses this software for these purposes. It allows users to work remotely in our organization, allowing for our users to be able to continue to work as normal as if in the office.
  • allows seamless use of 2-factor authentication for heightened security within the VPN, and lowers risk of an external hack because of it.
  • it allows for differing levels of security. access can be set specifically through the VPN so 2 users can use the same site and get different results depending on their active directory security policy.
  • It can grant the ability to launch a single application or an entire VPN envelope
  • transfer between WiFi or other network interruptions can end or suspend the session meaning a logout and login must be redone
  • if one closes their laptop while the session is running, when they reopen the laptop later in the day, it will try to reconnect that previous session which has been terminated on the server side, making end users generally need to restart.
  • because of the number of moving parts that connect to Citrix, often the problem can be falsely attributed to it.
It is a solid workhorse of a VPN client, and because of what it can connect to, it has the ability to do great things. but with sharp tools, remember to watch your fingers, as, without a solid security plan, the Citrix NetScaler Access Gateway can be dangerous to the company. [this goes for all VPN clients].
Haley Lay | TrustRadius Reviewer
Citrix is used across our organization as a way to remotely access our platform. You can either remote into your corporate PC or securely launch our internal program to the machine you're using. I use it daily and rarely have any issues with it. A major business problem that is addressed is security. We recently implemented an RSA secure ID to use when accessing Citrix to make it even more secure. Great tool.
  • Single URL remote access
  • Flexible multi-factor authentication
  • Positive end user experience
  • Can be slow to launch applications or require multiple launches.
Our organization has used Citrix for as long as I have been with them (5 years) and I have used it weekly, if not daily, for the past two years. We use it across our organization from some off-shore locations to those who are traveling across the nation. I am simply an end user who does not get swept up in the technical aspects of this product but I have had a good experience using it. I have never had a major problem with reliability; it's extremely useful and practical. Our platform and internal tools are unique to our business, being able to access those securely without deploying them fully to every laptop, remote machine, etc. is great.
February 02, 2018

Gets the job done!

• Easy to set up
  • Very sensitive to the internet connection.
  • Have to log in multiple times
It is great to use when user doesn't want to install another VPN connection on their computer.
Jeffrey Rudacille | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Citrix Netscaler Gateway to secure the border between the public internet and our internal application gateway. It is the front end of our "VPN" solution, per se, in that we rely on it to mitigate external threats while allowing the internal users access to their applications. It is used across the whole company and was a replacement for the previous Citrix Product called CSG/Citrix Secure Gateway.
  • Citrix Netscaler Gateway is a solid front end for any organizations externally facing infrastructure. Nothing is impenetrable but Netscaler is as close to it as you can get.
  • Netscaler is high on available customization so it can be used by both small shops and large shops in that it offers opportunity to change most parts of the system to your liking.
  • In blending well with Citrix XenApp and Xendesktop systems, Netscaler is particularly strong in protecting other Citrix products. Both the Netscaler and the Xen systems have hooks built into them to best use each other.
  • In keeping up with the customization needs, Netscaler can be quite a behemoth as to learning how best to use it. It does not at all work well out of the box and requires specific training or looking up steps to make most changes.
  • In line with he need for training, making simple changes on the system not only need expertise, they are harder than they should be. Even with the expertise it is quite easy to mess something up and go into full panic mode.
  • Documentation for the product is not up to what I think it should be. Reading it requires more knowledge than it should as to understanding what it is trying to get across.
Netscaler Gateway is very well suited to protect Citrix-based infrastructures. There are hooks and built in connections between the two systems to make better use of it. It also does well in non Citrix scenarios just not as much compatibility. It is not appropriate for scenarios where there is not much in the way of technical expertise either on staff of readily available.
The nature of our business and the services we provide often means we have to use Citrix to be able to remotely connect to our clients' computers to gather the necessary data we need to create bespoke training materials. However, we also use Citrix for consultancy work we carry out when on site and as a gateway portal to use cloud based training environments for our clients' when conducting our training courses. The intuitive and easily configurable nature of Citrix makes it a great choice to satisfy our business needs.
  • Citrix is a great tool for managing controlled and secure access to remote environments, such as cloud based training environments.
  • It is a worth ally for any organisation that needs to give secure access to data, such as the ability for authorised external consultants or project teams to safely and securely access a desktop computer remotely.
  • The different levels/ways of creating a secure access gateway to data often mean it can be configured to provide as much security as an organisation needs.
  • More flexibility to customise and apply company branding to the access gateway screen would be a useful tool.
  • Sometimes the amount of security applied can make it difficult to understand the exact process for getting through the gateway. Organisations often send this process to us via email, which isn't always clear. If Citrix provided template instructions that its customers could use to forward to those needing access, with the ability to amend key data such as usernames/passwords etc. then it would make life easier for both parties.
Citric Netscaler Access Gateway is ideal for any business or organisation that wants to provide external contractors/businesses safe and secure access to its data, such as remote access to a desktop environment. It is also a good tool for creating secure portals to cloud based environments (such as online training environments/databases). It is not really suitable for using internally within a business where data control can easily be applied - but for companies that need to give external access to sensitive data it is a safe and secure choice.
Dean Alger | TrustRadius Reviewer
Citrix NetScaler Access Gateway allows our users to access all forms of software through a secure connection when not directly connected to our internal network. The Citrix NetScaler Access Gateway allows our physicians to access the applications and websites from multiple forms of electronic devices.
  • Fast and reliable, the Citrix NetScaler Access Gateway when in a load balanced configuration will allow for seamless session transfer from one Citrix NetScaler Access Gateway device to another in case of single failure.
  • With a Citrix receiver for almost every platform, accessing applications and websites through a Citrix NetScaler Access Gateway is supported for almost every device.
  • Citrix NetScaler Access Gateway is best configured by a network engineer in conjunction with a Citrix engineer.
Delivering applications and websites to authenticated users over a secure platform is a huge strength. It is a little expensive if you are not hosting a large number of remote users.

Ben Tusa | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Citrix NetScaler extensively through our company for deploying and securing our various Citrix environments. We use it to front end our XenApp environments to provide reliable and secure connections to our internal and external customers. We also use it to front our Global XenDesktop environment between several data centers. Using load balancing and fail-over features helps ensure a redundant environment and [that we are] using the latest SSL/TLS protocols to keep it secure.
  • Citrix NetScaler as you might expect integrates extremely well with other Citrix products. Each new version enhances that.
  • Again, Citrix NetScaler has many features that help ensure redundancy in the environment for itself and also downstream components.
  • Because Citrix NetScaler is a software platform updates are frequent and so are enhancements. Citrix is also good to respond to community requests.
  • Citrix has been working to improve the initial learning curve involved in getting started using Citrix NetScaler. It does still require a modest background in networking if you have a complex DMZ to architect it for.
  • Occasionally new builds can introduce bugs. It's usually advisable to either install the latest builds in your test environment or wait for the community response before adopting it.
There is no doubt Citrix NetScaler is a must for any company that wants to deploy other Citrix products. The integration is compelling. The feature set also extends well beyond those use cases. I honestly can't think of a scenario where you would not want to use it. They even offer lower cost or free versions that work great for small environments.