Reviews (1-1 of 1)
- having a tag container, that let us handle all the third party pixels in a centralized way
- having a deduplication engine, letting us decide which affiliate platform is eligible for commissions on purchases.
Basically, the tool is used by the IT team, given that the third party pixels are very complex nowadays.
We hoped that the marketing team would have been independent with this platform, but [it's] too bad things are getting more complicated every day and this is a goal we never reached (not with tag commander anyway).
- Creating new pixels is very easy, as well as organizing all of them, handling prioritization between different partners' pixels.
- Defining the perimeters and constraints where the pixels need to be fired is a breeze.
- Deploying the container and keeping track of all the modification is very well done.
- The configuration of the deduplication rule is pretty flexible.
- Reports. Tag Commander lacks in term of reports of what's happening. There is an additional module called Attribution Management System that gives you a lot of insights, but more basic reports to understand what has been fired will be useful.
- Support. Tag Commander support is very low responsive. It took several days to have the first feedback and generally, it takes a lot of emails to get what you need.
- Deduplication engine flexibility. The engine is there and it works pretty well, until you have a slightly different need. In that case you need to implement something custom in terms of implementation, reports, etc. A more flexible approach would be useful.
If you need a pixel to be fired not just when the page loads, but based on user actions, you should use the events and that's pretty complex to handle.
Commanders Act Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Commanders Act
Commanders Act (formerly Tag Commander) is a European company providing a tag management product designed to handle website tags - and also SDKs in a single SDK container - through a management interface without the need for technical expertise.
The company has partnerships with WebTrends, Criteo, and over 200 tag solutions worldwide.
Commanders Act Competitors
Commanders Act Technical Details