- Aggregates data from multiple channels
- Provides data visuals
- Easily shareable across team members and clients
- It is not your generic BI tool, can seem very complicated
- Data mapping and set up is a very manual process
- Product is unnecessary if you have a data team
- Data Visualization: Data can easily be viewed in the Dashboard, where you can pull quick insights & easily understand them.
- Report Customization: The platform allows for easy customization of reports, with a variety of metrics that can be pulled from any data source/ad server.
- Reporting Templates: Going along with the above, you can also save custom reports as templates to use in the future.
- Confusing Naming Conventions: Some of the metrics that pull in from the source are named very differently than how they appear in the source. This was confusing in the first couple times customizing a report, so it's necessary to have a lookup available so that you know what you're pulling.
I think it's less appropriate for day-to-day optimizations, i.e. search or programmatic teams are better suited just using data/reports from the Search platform or DSP to inform decisions, even if only directional.
- Datorama's greatest strength is its ability to map data sources together. It will automatically join data from different sources for better analysis and comparison, and allows great control and flexibility for users to change how data is mapped is used.
- The number of methods for importing data is impressive. Native connectors exist for most major marketing platforms, and connections can be set up for almost any type of data.
- The user interface and design of Datorama excels beyond many of its competitors. It has a modern design and is very easy to use and navigate. The visualizations within the dashboards also have a much better look than other tools we've used.
- Datorama is always innovating and growing. They've recently released an AI powered tool to help find data insights, and are frequently updating the platform and its abilities.
- The dashboards could use more interactivity, especially for lower-level users. Simple filters can be added to dashboards, but still lag behind the abilities of other BI tools.
- The filtering logic for data within the dashboards could be more robust. We've run into use cases where it's difficult to include or exclude specific data when needed.
- Visuals and graphs are user-friendly and help paint the picture of what we are trying to accomplish when showing to the clients.
- There are many ways to pull in performance metrics and make each dashboard unique in its own way.
- Very customizable and easy to share amongst clients and colleagues.
- Navigating in the interface to update connections and settings is a little confusing.
- Backend mapping amongst certain API's can be problematic if certain naming conventions are not properly followed.
Datorama Scorecard Summary
Datorama offers a marketing intelligence platform that promises to help marketers optimize their marketing performance, business impact, and customer loyalty.
According to the vendor, Datorama allows companies to:
• Automatically connect all their disparate marketing tools and reports in one centralized place
• Access and act on the right cross-channel KPIs, dashboards, reports and AI-powered insights
• Optimize and report on every investment, performance, and outcome across the customer journey
Thousands of brands, agencies and publishers use Datorama, including IBM, Nike, Ticketmaster, Viacom and Neo@Ogilvy.
The vendor says Datorama has a global presence with 16 offices worldwide and was recently named a Gartner Cool Vendor and ranks #35 on the Deloitte Fast 500 list.
Datorama Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|