FirstData is a point-of-sale software solution with features such as card & check acceptance solutions and merchant mobile commerce solutions.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/6f/SK/ETWWTX1BHH94.pngNumerous hurdles discovered along the wayWe utilize FirstData to process credit card transactions for third-party software companies. Without FirstData, we'd have to integrate with a payment processor which charge additional fees to process each transaction.,Facilitates the approval of credit/debit card payments.,They're too big of a company, each division seems to know only about their own area to such a specific degree that if we make an inquiry about how another division integrates with whoever we're talking to, we're told to contact the other team. Constantly finding out there is yet another team that we need to work with to troubleshoot an issue.,4,An enormous loss of revenue due to drastic differentiation in time to market compared to how long we were told it will take. Once we can finally get everything implemented, we're able to charge merchants transaction fees and regular processing fees to produce a profit limited only by our sales efforts and competition. Far more costly than initially believed due to all dependency needs for PCI compliance and EMV testing.FirstData a good overall solution for ecommerce integrationI use FirstData to integrate payments on my website with my bank. This way I have a system that can process credit cards without the customer leaving the site (as they would with PayPal) and it stores all the information securely in case I need to run a manual transaction. The payments are then automatically transferred to my bank account within a business day or two, so there are no extra steps in trying to get my money.,Securely stores data on FirstData's servers so that I don't have to worry about the technical details there. Integrates well with WordPress and WooCommerce and provides a seamless user experience. Allows customers to pay while staying on site, rather than leaving and coming back like PayPal.,The First Data UI could be better - it's not easy to see trends and I can't pull up transactions for periods longer than 2 months at a time. Stripe has recently updated their UI and they are free to integrate with my website. With FirstData, not only do I have to pay my bank a monthly fee, I also have to pay for a special plugin to integrate into WooCommerce on a recurring yearly basis, but I also have the transaction fees. It's a solution that works, but I'm not convinced it's the best one out their anymore.,6,Sales have increased in the past year because I have a dedicated site to selling products that people used to have to come in person to order. First Data along with putting everything up on my website definitely makes it easy for me to automate things.,Stripe,Accounting by Wave, Stripe
FirstData

FirstData Reviews

FirstData

Filter 3 vetted FirstData reviews and ratings

Do you use this product? Write a Review
June 25, 2019

Numerous hurdles discovered along the way

• Facilitates the approval of credit/debit card payments.
  • They're too big of a company, each division seems to know only about their own area to such a specific degree that if we make an inquiry about how another division integrates with whoever we're talking to, we're told to contact the other team.
  • Constantly finding out there is yet another team that we need to work with to troubleshoot an issue.
The arena of companies to choose from to process credit/debit card payments at this level is ridiculously small. I was told which one we would be working with, and am unaware how the others compare(especially on processing fees), but I can only assume that they would be better to work with than FirstData after the overly complicated process we have gone through over the last couple years when we were told it would easily take less than a year.
Ruby Javaid profile photo
October 03, 2017

FirstData a good overall solution for ecommerce integration

• Securely stores data on FirstData's servers so that I don't have to worry about the technical details there.
  • Integrates well with WordPress and WooCommerce and provides a seamless user experience.
  • Allows customers to pay while staying on site, rather than leaving and coming back like PayPal.
  • The First Data UI could be better - it's not easy to see trends and I can't pull up transactions for periods longer than 2 months at a time.
  • Stripe has recently updated their UI and they are free to integrate with my website. With FirstData, not only do I have to pay my bank a monthly fee, I also have to pay for a special plugin to integrate into WooCommerce on a recurring yearly basis, but I also have the transaction fees. It's a solution that works, but I'm not convinced it's the best one out their anymore.
I would recommend this to someone who's bank offers good rates on merchant processing. If the rates aren't any better than what you'd get with Stripe, I wouldn't bother with the whole setup.
Read Ruby Javaid's full review