Harassment by Merchant services

December 02, 2021

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Fiserv (First Data) - ICICI Merchant Services, and make your voice heard!

What is Fiserv (First Data) - ICICI Merchant Services?

3 people want pricing too

What is Authorize.Net?

Authorize.Net is a payment gateway software solution offered by Visa featuring secure data processing and fraud protection.

What is Stripe?

Stripe is a payment gateway software solution which supports a range of payment related needs such as subscription management and recurrent billing via Stripe Billing, integration with third party payment services via the Stripe Connect API, assistance starting an Internet business which accepts…

Product Demos

First Data PayPoint Payment Gateway
01:55

What is Fiserv (First Data) - ICICI Merchant Services?

Fiserv (formerly First Data) and ICICI Merchant Services combined a payment gateway and point-of-sale software and hardware solutions with features such as card & check acceptance, and merchant mobile commerce solutions, and ecommerce gateway. First Data merged with Fiserv in July 2019. Similar capabilities are now supplied by Fiserv Carat.

Fiserv (First Data) - ICICI Merchant Services Video

First Data PayPoint Payment Gateway

Fiserv (First Data) - ICICI Merchant Services Technical Details

We created a online store web application for our client, which needed to integrate with an online credit card processing payment gateway. We chose First Data (Fiserv) for this.
  • Provided our client with competitive rates
  • Integration came with a sandbox environment, which was convenient
  • Backend has a summary of all transactions and a report that can be exported
  • Credit card gateway for OTP was faulty, and failed a large amount of transactions until they fixed the bug.
  • The implementation documentation was not so complete, and did not show the existance of a payment webhook notification option (which they actually have)
  • No live chat or immediate technical support agent during off hours. This could be problematic sometimes when things are urgent.
When you want better rates than PayPal or Stripe, First Data is the way to go. But don't expect a great service or immediate attention when needed. Issues do occur sometimes, it's not 100% always up, from my experience.
We use it as our POS machine in our front office.
  • Unauthorized charges
  • Bad customer service
  • horrible support
  • Open communication on value added products
  • Asking for consent before charging customers with unauthorized products
  • proper training for their customer care
Their POS machine works fine. The biggest issue for me is that without consent and permission they add some nonsense service to your account and charge you for it. All of this done without any consent and only way to find out is to be very watchful on the daily settlement report. It is a huge hassle to contact their customer care, who barely have any knowledge of their products to get your money refunded.

Have spoken multiple times to their office to ask them to stop adding products without permission, but they still do it. completely non ethical way to make money. Customers have to be very watchful of being charged without permission.
January 12, 2022

Merchant Service Profile

John Bevilacqua | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize the merchant platform to process our customers' credit card payments. We have found the software to be very user-friendly and offer us the flexibility that we previously lacked.
  • process customer payments
  • provide good reporting
  • provides for secure processing
  • Security protocol require password changes every 60 days
  • User can be locked out of software and receive no notice of this
The software which is web-based offers our employees access the portal for reporting, credit card processing remotely. This feature has been very useful during the current Covid environment.
The biggest fraud and scam [in my opinion] is going on in ICICI merchant Services. [In my experience] they just give you horrible nightmares nothing else the worst way to take payments from these Fiserv Machines.
  • [In my opinion] the biggest fraud.
  • [I believe] they use your money.
  • [In my experience,] merchants will just follow this scam service and they will say they provide a refund to the customer but actually they will not do anything just use your money by giving unnecessary excuses.
Not satisfied at all with the merchant services [in my experience] no one will be there to help you, no one will pick up your call.
  • machine works decent
  • [I believe] Charges are not transparent at all. They want to enable different features without telling us and charge for it.
  • Believe me, they charge you for every other feature, we need to really hunt them to get it deactivated.
Worst service [in my opinion]. We have to follow up and check every day for charges. They charge 2x to 5x the amount of money that we pay annually. You need to follow up 10 times to get charges reversed. Whoever is business can't follow up their team for unnecessary charges and check emails all the time for additional unreasonable charges they impose on us. We lost our peace of mind with icici machine for payments. No use how many times you talk to their team [in my experience]. It's a very unethical business practice to charge customers high.
We utilize FirstData to process credit card transactions for third-party software companies. Without FirstData, we'd have to integrate with a payment processor which charge additional fees to process each transaction.
  • Facilitates the approval of credit/debit card payments.
  • They're too big of a company, each division seems to know only about their own area to such a specific degree that if we make an inquiry about how another division integrates with whoever we're talking to, we're told to contact the other team.
  • Constantly finding out there is yet another team that we need to work with to troubleshoot an issue.
The arena of companies to choose from to process credit/debit card payments at this level is ridiculously small. I was told which one we would be working with, and am unaware how the others compare(especially on processing fees), but I can only assume that they would be better to work with than FirstData after the overly complicated process we have gone through over the last couple years when we were told it would easily take less than a year.
Ruby Javaid | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use FirstData to integrate payments on my website with my bank. This way I have a system that can process credit cards without the customer leaving the site (as they would with PayPal) and it stores all the information securely in case I need to run a manual transaction. The payments are then automatically transferred to my bank account within a business day or two, so there are no extra steps in trying to get my money.
  • Securely stores data on FirstData's servers so that I don't have to worry about the technical details there.
  • Integrates well with WordPress and WooCommerce and provides a seamless user experience.
  • Allows customers to pay while staying on site, rather than leaving and coming back like PayPal.
  • The First Data UI could be better - it's not easy to see trends and I can't pull up transactions for periods longer than 2 months at a time.
  • Stripe has recently updated their UI and they are free to integrate with my website. With FirstData, not only do I have to pay my bank a monthly fee, I also have to pay for a special plugin to integrate into WooCommerce on a recurring yearly basis, but I also have the transaction fees. It's a solution that works, but I'm not convinced it's the best one out their anymore.
I would recommend this to someone who's bank offers good rates on merchant processing. If the rates aren't any better than what you'd get with Stripe, I wouldn't bother with the whole setup.