September 21, 2019
Score 5 out of 10
This has been used to connect individual teachers and teaching teams with consultants and workshop trainers for professional development. It’s been helpful to address the issue of working in a rural environment that has a lack of in-house resources. GoToRoom allows us to work with other schools or professional development leaders to provide training in non-urban settings.
- Video conferencing is clear and precise
- Scheduling is emailed and easy to access.
- The ease of getting used to the program is quick for all of our teachers.
- Learning how to work through multiple documents or presentations in a call can be tricky.
- Our rural setting does not allow for consistent internet connection, video is not always clear.
- Audio can be limited to a large room setting in workshops.
It works really well in a one on one settings when teachers are coordinating with individual trainers or workshops. It can be helpful as well during a team setting Q&A for follow up training. However, it is a struggle to use in large group settings when one presenter is speaking to a large group of people for trainings.
Read Ben Westby's full review
Haven’t had a chance to need to connect with the service staff as we haven’t had to deal with any large issues beyond internet bandwidth restrictions. However, we feel like support would be very quick and efficient if we were to need it. The observations of setting up our doc cams and getting connected with workshop presenters has been smooth so far.