GoToMeeting is an online meeting, desktop sharing, and video conferencing software that enables the user to meet with other computer users, customers, clients or colleagues via the Internet in real time.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/3I/CZ/CJMTEKBSKLZT.PNGRealistic View on GoToMeetingWe used GoToMeeting for both internal, as well as external meetings. Whether it be an SDR huddle on Monday morning, or a prospect having a discovery call with my account executive - we used GoToMeeting. It was used by every department simply because it was the standard for our company. All video conferences used it - there was no substitution.,Video quality - images always came through well. Voice/Speech Quality. Compared to other services that may deal with more than just "latency issues" on the regular, GoToMeeting rarely had issues with sporadic quality of sound.,The only thing that needs to be problem solved is the fact that prospects on the receiving end who get our GoToMeeting links often times had issues with getting the client to run. Whether it be because of confusion around how to use the solution or what, there may need to be an easier and more simplified way to share conference URLs.,8,I can't speak to exact numbers but I'm sure the impact was positive. The amount of money it costs is nothing compared to the frequency and power of it's use.,WebEx Meetings and BlueJeans,SalesLoft, Outreach, LinkedIn Sales NavigatorConnect with the world without leaving your seatGoToMeeting has helped with not only connecting our team, but steering meetings and communicating with customers and potential clients. It saves us money by not having travel expenses and lets us give demos remotely.,Screen sharing Ease of use without formal training Business meetings with remote workers or clients,Mobile app was tricky to use Content in meeting invites would not update if calendar times and dates were changed Customers would have trouble logging in to calls. It was easy for the users who knew the system, but new customers had a harder time using the app.,7,We could reach more clients due to screen sharing. We saved money on travel costs by not having to send our team across the nation. We were able to record meetings and use them for later use rather than having to recreate them for each prospect.,Skype for Business,Outreach, InsideViewGoToMeeting is an elegantly simple teleconference toolIt is our main teleconferencing software. Used daily by myself and probably the majority of our large organization. Primary use case is for customer calls, but is used for internal discussions, screen sharing, recording presentations, etc.,It's simple in a good way. Has the basics to have successful meetings without overwhelming people I can manage one-off, recurring, as well as personal meetings for demo practice etc. Very versatile for such a simple tool Easy to share screens, mute people and all other basics of a modern teleconference,When people use computer audio for conferences, it is likely to cause audio issues. While the tool is simple, it does require a learning curve for people used to other tools. Would recommend one of those e-walk throughs when a new user signs in. To show them where to see certain actions or pieces of info The process from recording a file to ultimately having that file in hand ready to send out, is not as clean as I'd like,9,I save time every day by integrating with Outlook. Can add a meeting to an email in seconds Can spin up a large teleconference at a moments notice for customer issues or questions For something I use all the time, it works the vast majority of situations. Error tends to come on the customer end as it can be something new to their experience,Skype for Business,JIRA SoftwareGood solution for collaboration and conferencing software.GoToMeeting allows for group video conferencing from multiple locations. This solution is currently being used for US remote employees within our organization to collaborate and connect virtually.,Quick meeting scheduling. Easy presenter and control panel functions. Not a complex platform to use for all levels within an organization. Guides, help features and documentation is available for end-users to troubleshoot.,System platform compatibility. Having employees download the software for first-time usage may present issues for some end-users and blockers that IT/organization might have in place. Honestly, I find little wrong with GoToMeeting. There are well thought out enhancements and it presents the end-user with easy functionality.,9,The quick accessibility of setting up impromptu meetings gives organizations the ability to ask and answer questions in real time. Overall GoToMeeting has proven to expedite solutions rather than send multiple emails about a topic. The personalized touch that we can give to team members because of the live meeting experience has been beneficial within HR, Finance and different departments with an organization. GoToMeeting has proven to expedite solutions rather than send multiple emails about a topic.,WebEx MeetingsA solid conferencing platform but make sure to do your research with competitorsGoToMeeting is used primarily for conferencing and webinar capabilities. GoToMeeting is enabled across the entire enterprise, with each employee having an individual account with the product. GoToMeeting is great for teams who have remote/international team members.,Easy to use Great sharing capabilities Great scheduling and calendar capabilities,Not the best reliability. Sometimes, calls drop. Dialing-in could be a smoother, easier experience. When users dial-in on multiple devices, converging the same accounts isn't as intuitive.,7,GoToMeeting enabled our enterprise with easier. multi-user conference capabilities.,Zoom
GoToMeeting

GoToMeeting Reviews

GoToMeeting
Top Rated Award
Filter 952 vetted GoToMeeting reviews and ratings
Tyler Schultz profile photo
July 02, 2018

User Review: "Realistic View on GoToMeeting"

• Video quality - images always came through well.
  • Voice/Speech Quality. Compared to other services that may deal with more than just "latency issues" on the regular, GoToMeeting rarely had issues with sporadic quality of sound.
  • The only thing that needs to be problem solved is the fact that prospects on the receiving end who get our GoToMeeting links often times had issues with getting the client to run. Whether it be because of confusion around how to use the solution or what, there may need to be an easier and more simplified way to share conference URLs.
Good - Video Meetings, calls.
Less Appropriate - personal use outside of business needs.
Read Tyler Schultz's full review
Steven Schafer profile photo
October 09, 2018

GoToMeeting Review: "Connect with the world without leaving your seat"

• Screen sharing
  • Ease of use without formal training
  • Business meetings with remote workers or clients
  • Mobile app was tricky to use
  • Content in meeting invites would not update if calendar times and dates were changed
  • Customers would have trouble logging in to calls. It was easy for the users who knew the system, but new customers had a harder time using the app.
Giving online demos and webinars was essential for my company. GoToMeeting’s screen sharing tool helped to make that easy to do.
Read Steven Schafer's full review
September 19, 2018

Review: "GoToMeeting is an elegantly simple teleconference tool"

• It's simple in a good way. Has the basics to have successful meetings without overwhelming people
  • I can manage one-off, recurring, as well as personal meetings for demo practice etc. Very versatile for such a simple tool
  • Easy to share screens, mute people and all other basics of a modern teleconference
  • When people use computer audio for conferences, it is likely to cause audio issues.
  • While the tool is simple, it does require a learning curve for people used to other tools. Would recommend one of those e-walk throughs when a new user signs in. To show them where to see certain actions or pieces of info
  • The process from recording a file to ultimately having that file in hand ready to send out, is not as clean as I'd like
I prefer it to other teleconference software I've used. Gets the job done and more.

Unless you truly just need phoneline availability, this product should definitely fit your needs
August 24, 2018

GoToMeeting Review: "Good solution for collaboration and conferencing software."

• Quick meeting scheduling.
  • Easy presenter and control panel functions.
  • Not a complex platform to use for all levels within an organization. Guides, help features and documentation is available for end-users to troubleshoot.
  • System platform compatibility. Having employees download the software for first-time usage may present issues for some end-users and blockers that IT/organization might have in place.
  • Honestly, I find little wrong with GoToMeeting. There are well thought out enhancements and it presents the end-user with easy functionality.
GoToMeeting software allows for remote and multi-state locations to collaborate, discuss and even perform training sessions. It allows for opportunities to ask questions and engage the group with presentations, document share all while providing strong visual and sound performance.
May 25, 2018

GoToMeeting Review: "A solid conferencing platform but make sure to do your research with competitors"

• Great sharing capabilities
  • Great scheduling and calendar capabilities
  • Not the best reliability. Sometimes, calls drop.
  • Dialing-in could be a smoother, easier experience. When users dial-in on multiple devices, converging the same accounts isn't as intuitive.
GoToMeeting is well-suited for those looking for conferencing capabilities; however, there are other competitors out there that may provide a more seamless and reliable service.
Catherine Miller profile photo
December 20, 2017

GoToMeeting Review: "A great tool for webinars"

I have used GoToMeeting both to participate in and to lead webinars and meetings between multiple organizations. It is a great tool that allows for various participation levels among parties, from view only, to voice participation, and video chatting among multiple groups. It is much more user friendly and less awkward than a conference call setting for managing a large number of participants.
  • Works well for connecting multiple parties.
  • Video capabilities.
  • Phone integration.
  • Flexibility between presentation or interactive modes.
  • People don't realize when they are in video mode.
  • Sometimes there can be a communications delay when typing responses in.
  • There are a ton of windows that pop up when you start up the meeting.
GoToMeeting is particularly well suited for webinars that are being witnessed by multiple people. You can set the participation levels in advance so that everyone is automatically listen only, and can submit questions by chat, has their video capabilities turned off, etc. The video setting is particularly important as some users do not realize they need to disable this, and then everyone on the webinar can see them watching (or doing weird things). I think GoToMeeting is challenging to use in a video conference setting- it is confusing and a challenge to see multiple video participants at one time. It is better when it is used more as a conference call, with a shared presentation/powerpoint as the visual element.
Read Catherine Miller's full review
Dianne Moralee profile photo
December 12, 2017

User Review: "GoToMeeting is a must for us"

GoToMeeting is used by our sales team to demonstrate our software to remote prospects. We are based in the UK and our potential customers are all over the world so we rely on GoToMeeting to share our screens and deliver high-quality product demonstrations across multiple time zones. It's the next best thing to being face to face with the prospect and helps us present in a very professional way.
  • The quality of the audio and video is outstanding, you could almost be in the same room.
  • The local dial-in numbers have been well received by prospects in some locations.
  • The screen sharing/make presenter tool is really handy for us when we host our company update each month. It means our teams in other locations can participate in the presentation and present their own slides.
  • I'd like the ability to record a GoToMeeting session.
  • There could be more local dial-in numbers offered for different locations.
We use GoToMeeting for our monthly company updates. We have staff in multiple locations around the world and they do need to participate in the presentation. The 'make presenter' option is great as it means we can each present the slides that are relevant for our own departments, even when we are in a remote location.
Read Dianne Moralee's full review
Nikkii Kashub profile photo
February 09, 2018

GoToMeeting Review: "Good tool for solution selling"

We use GTM as a sales tool, training tool, implementation tool, and support tool. It's a great way to communicate with our prospects and customers as a picture is worth 1000 words!
  • Easy to record
  • Great widgets on the side bar to keep track of how you are performing
  • Dial in has errors every once in a while
  • Customers who have a hard time figuring it out will ask me for help and I don't know how to help them
This is a great tool for giving a customer a tour of our product, especially to visual learners. It works for most customers so I rarely have to worry about errors.
Read Nikkii Kashub's full review
Sachin Aggarwal profile photo
January 12, 2018

GoToMeeting Review: "Communicate With Anyone With Internet Access"

GoToMeeting is used across the organization and it is easy to use and navigate the tool. Functionality, functionality, functionality. Everyone that is involved in the conference can actually be just that....involved.
  • With it, you can share your desktop with participants.
  • Advanced sharing tools make it easy to collaborate.
  • It gives you the chance to change default colors of your meeting space that is fit to your company color scheme.
  • Can't use the tool for feedback using polls
  • Files can't be saved which were shared during the meeting
We usually have calls with clients and have to share our screen to present the decks prepared for them. it is very easy to use and navigate the GoToMeeting tool.
Read Sachin Aggarwal's full review
YagneshKumar Patel profile photo
December 19, 2017

"GoToMeeting Review!!"

GoToMeeting is an amazing software for my company. We use GoToMeeting across all departments. More importantly GoToMeeting gives us the benefit of creating and joining meetings for training purposes for new employees who join ProfitSword, as well as using GoToMeeting for weekly meetings with management teams, and also connecting with clients to resolve any issues or assistance on how to use our software. Moreover, with GoToMeeting I can create a meeting instantly by creating a GoToMeeting ID which I can send to other employees to quickly connect them as well work on our sessions. GoToMeeting has been reliable all the time, I have never had any issues with it. I plan to use GoToMeeting in the future.
  • GoToMeeting ID- I Can create a GoToMeeting instantly, which generates an ID that I can use to send to other employees to quickly connect for a GoToMeeting session. Also, the process for creating a meeting ID is really fast, the fact that it doesn't take that long for generating a meeting ID is amazing.
  • No Downloaded Needed!- With GoToMeeting, there is no need to download the software or setup configurations, you are give a URL for the meeting. Once the user has created a meeting ID he/she can send the link via email and the link opens up in the browser. As a result, it is very simple to use and connect instantly without worrying about downloading software and all.
  • Simply Interface- GoToMeeting has a very simple UI that is easier to navigate through, the icons are easy to understand. Also, it gives the option to change the theme or the color scheme based on the colors of the company.
  • Trail Version- Best way to test out the great benefits for using GoToMeeting without paying any extra costs.
  • Polling- I wish there was a way to use polling in GoToMeeting, I have had instances where I needed to get a yes or no answer from other employees regarding a business decision, so I hope in the future GoToMeeting can had a feature to create a polling question where users connected can input their decisions.
  • You can share files but cannot save them- if files and docs are being shared on the GoToMeeting session there is no way to save them.
One of the scenarios where GoToMeeting suited well was, creating a GoToMeeting instantly and get on a session with other users. By doing so we have solved our business needs right away. The screen sharing options allows the benefit of training, when new employees or new clients need to navigate through our software, I often use GoToMeeting because i can show them each phase of our software. On the other hand, when clients have difficulty navigating through the software they can allow me to access their mouse and keyboard, or we can switch on who can become a presenter based on the person presenting next.

I do not think there has been any case when GoToMeeting is not suited well, it has always been my and my company's number one software to use.
Read YagneshKumar Patel's full review
February 07, 2018

User Review: "GoToMeeting Brings In Users"

We use GoToMeeting to schedule meetings mostly with people who are not directly in our department and to those who are working remotely. It is a very easy piece of software for even novice users to set up and get working. We had problems getting less tech-savvy people to jump on remote meetings and this really helped us address that problem.
  • GoToMeeting is great at getting users to install it who would otherwise have issues with new software
  • The screen sharing works better than most of the competition
  • Meetings with large numbers of users are still very easy to run and work well
  • The video chat features aren't as robust as others
  • It does not always handle limited bandwidth issues well.
  • The chat function is not always intuitive for people.
  • The pricing isn't as good as some of the other services available.
GoToMeeting is well suited for medium to large institutions. The capability to have a large number of attendees to a meeting is ideal for this. It isn't as good for smaller groups where a video conference would be better for those individuals. Still, sharing screens and asking questions in the meeting is very good here.
December 19, 2017

User Review: "Small Company Loves GoToMeeting"

GoToMeeting is being used by my entire organization. We use it for all our internal and external conference calls. We occasionally use their video conferencing abilities. It allows us to be in contact with employees and consultants who are remote. It also allows us to have professional client calls.
  • Meeting invites
  • Ease of use and understanding
  • Reoccurring meetings
  • Organization of scheduled and reoccurring meeting
GoToMeeting is well suited for all calls with more than one other person. It is very easy to set up and invite people to conference calls. It also allows you to make a conference call number one time use or multiple use which makes it useful in all different meeting scenarios. The video conferencing abilities are also very useful (screen sharing, seeing the client, etc.).
December 12, 2017

Review: "GoToMeeting is ideal for software demonstrations"

GoToMeeting is used by our sales and marketing department to arrange remote presentations and software demonstrations. It allows us to give a personal demonstration to prospects as well as customers without a face to face meeting. We are an international company and it allows us to reach all of our customers without needing to travel.
  • Sharing my screen to provide demonstrations.
  • Connecting to audio without relying on the participant having a Skype account.
  • Setting up meetings is quick and easy. Can simply copy and paste the session ID for people to connect.
  • It can take a few minutes for participants to connect to the audio.
  • I would like it to automatically connect to Outlook for Mac to add to my diary.
  • There are possibly too many updates.
  • It could be cheaper to add more users.
For providing software demonstrations across the internet GoToMeeting is ideal. It works in almost all situations where a face to face meeting is not required. You can share audio, webcams, and screens. You can switch presenters if you need a participant to share their screen too. You can see who is talking and send private messages which is also useful.
Marco Dusi profile photo
May 08, 2017

GoToMeeting Review: "Good, professional tool"

It is used across the whole organisation. It addresses the need for setting up meetings with authors and retailers who live in other countries and use it for conferencing purposes. We regularly use the screen sharing mode, and set up meetings through it on a weekly basis. [It's] easy to use and set up new meetings.
  • Easy to set up meetings
  • Can have as many delegates as needed
  • Not so easy to use once you are in the meeting (had issues more than once when I couldn't share the screen, etc.) but once you use it more you learn it.
  • Well suited: lots of calls with people abroad, need for screen sharing and conferencing on a weekly basis.
  • Less appropriate: a small company who won't use it that much. There are many more less expensive solutions that do the same, so it's worth it only if you are going to really use it a lot.
Read Marco Dusi's full review
Ross Bradshaw, CPA profile photo
October 06, 2015

"GoToMeeting Review"

GoToMeeting is being used to connect and meet with potential distributors for our direct selling business. It is extremely important to our company to have some face to face time with individuals when screening to determine if they are a right fit.
  • GoToMeeting is simple to use and easy to introduce to individuals who have never used GoToMeeting.
  • GoToMeeting works well with Google calendars and is easy to schedule.
  • I have experienced some difficulty when connecting audio via the internet.
  • I would like meeting reminders when I have scheduled a GoToMeeting.
GoToMeeting is well suited for important meetings that require face to face interaction. It is less appropriate for conversations that are shorter and require limited time.
Read Ross Bradshaw, CPA's full review
Nathaniel D. Schultz profile photo
September 29, 2015

User Review: "The Truth About GoToMeeting"

I have utilized GoToMeeting through a variety of professional organizations but also personal organizations. Professionally, GoToMeeting has been helpful with regional events, national committees, and state-wide meetings. I found GoToMeeting to be particularly helpful in rebuilding relationships with peers and professionals who have grown disconnected. This was particularly helpful with Fraternity Alumni Boards.
  • Fewer connectivity issues then with Skype or Google Hangout for various sized groups.
  • Good technical support when issues have arisen (mostly operator error).
  • Found it to be vary compatible both on my iPad and android phone.
  • The price point seems reasonable but I wish there was a lower personal rate.
  • Last time screen sharing was wonky and laggy.
  • The user interface is less welcoming and operational then Skype.
I really like GoToMeeting for committee work or meetings when you cannot attend physically. I think the higher volume of user, over 10, and the management becomes more difficult. I think the other thing to consider is what type of work you are planning on accomplishing. GoToMeeting works best for planning and wrap up/debriefing meetings.
Read Nathaniel D. Schultz's full review
Erik Ziemer profile photo
October 02, 2015

GoToMeeting Review: "Great Support & Implementation tool."

GoToMeeting is being used by our support team to assist our clients with any problems they may come across problems while using our software. We also use GoToWebinar to give live demos of our software.
  • Email invitations are a big plus
  • Low resource usage
  • Simplicity for the users and client end.
  • Security
  • Speed of transferring files
  • Ability to reboot and log back in
Is security a major factor?
Do you plan on using this for support or transferring files?
Read Erik Ziemer's full review
Katie Paffhouse, CAE profile photo
October 02, 2015

Review: "Heart GoToMeeting for North American Use"

I use GoToMeeting to organize and lead virtual calls with volunteers. Our department also uses GoToWebinar for live education offerings.
  • Screenshare
  • Q&A
  • Easy to set-up
  • Tollfree numbers not worldwide
  • Panelist view of questions limited
I wouldn't use GoToMeeting if I needed a large global audience.
Read Katie Paffhouse, CAE's full review
Lynde Dion profile photo
September 29, 2015

GoToMeeting Review: "Daily User!"

My entire team is remote around the country. We use GoTo Meeting for all of our meetings, as it makes that space gap much easier to be able to share controls of our screens, etc.
  • Screen sharing
  • Presentations
  • Voice Calls
  • Sometimes I cannot log in, and have had to book directly through website.
For our team of remote employees, Go-To, is our "GO TO" for all our meetings!
Read Lynde Dion's full review
Brent Reichow profile photo
March 24, 2015

"GoToMeeting Review"

We use GoToMeeting to train and support our clients and partners in the APAC region. It is being used across the company. GoToMeeting helps us to remotely support our data backup and recovery services. Instead of sending people onsite we can solve most issues remotely saving time, effort and money.
  • We like GoToMeeting for its ease of use and cost effectiveness. For us it has been great value for money.
  • We've never had an issue using GoToMeeting nor have our clients or partners. In our business the last thing you want to do is have trouble using tools that are leveraged to support customers and or clients. The tools we use can many times reflect upon the service we deliver.
  • Client facing software is easy to download and use. Many times when working with web conferencing products you're asking the client or partner to download or access software to their environment which takes a little faith. The GoToMeeting experience for our customers has been good plus with their name known to most it makes it easier to ask people to interact with GoToMeeting
  • I think everyone knows the phrase "you get what you pay for". Well, you pay for the full GoToMeeting license or service and yes it is more expensive than many others that we've tried but we haven't had any problems either.
I've heard about problems with GoToMeeting and Win7 but haven't experienced those first hand. My suggestion is try before you buy. GoToMeeting allows you to download a demo version to test drive.
Read Brent Reichow's full review
John Ebel profile photo
March 16, 2015

GoToMeeting Review: "Feature-Packed, User Friendly Desktop Sharing"

Professional Services uses GTM and GTT for conference calls, desktop sharing, presentations, and to deliver product training. It is a reliable communication tool for a variety of applications.
  • GTM meetings and trainings are extremely easy to schedule and set-up. With just a few details, you can add a meeting and have a link ready to distribute.
  • Once in the meeting or training, controls are intuitive and straightforward. I have had a number of occassions where 1st time presenters have needed to jump in and have managed without issue.
  • Integration with mail service calendar is especially helpful. GTM can add all your meetings to your calendar and automatically sends email reminders to presenter and attendees.
  • Rarely, we will have a student who has a problem joining the training. Usually this relates to a security setting at their site which interferes with Citrix. This can be problematic if this is holding up the start of a training class. GTM customer service is very responsive and can walk the attendee through the issue, but it does take precious time to resolve. This really isn't a problem on the GTM side, but it is something we experience.
  • Once a meeting has begun, settings cannot be adjusted. An example of where this might present a problem is if an attendee requests a toll-free dial-in after the meeting has started.
  • 2 years ago I was able to inadvertently schedule 2 trainings on the same account 1 hour apart. When the 2nd training started, it knocked out the 1st training. I learned my lesson quickly on that mistake so I haven't repeated it and since it has been so long ago, the ability to double-book an account may have already been addressed.
GoToTraining has always worked well for our remote training classes. Rosters are generally less than 12 people and students make good use of the interactivity features. Students are able to "raise their hand", use the chat box to communicate with the instructor or student to student, and respond to polls and take quizzes. Class surveys are done using another tool and feedback rarely includes negative reports from students about GoToTraining.
Read John Ebel's full review
Allie Nagy Tossberg profile photo
March 10, 2015

"GoToMeeting Review"

GoToMeeting is used by my company to present our cloud-based services to prospective clients, to train new clients, and to conduct internal training. It is used across the whole organization. The majority of our sales are made over the phone, so presenting effectively via a web-based service is essential to our success. Additionally, most of our training is conducted via GoToMeeting, so it is an essential tool for our entire sales and implementation process.
  • GoToMeeting is flexible. I can present my product at anytime to anyone who has access to the internet.
  • GoToMeeting is reliable. I have never experienced an "outage" of GoToMeeting.
  • GoToMeeting is simple. Even potential clients who are "low level" technology users can use GoToMeeting.
  • GoToMeeting documents who is attending my presentation, and I can communicate via text with one person or the whole group, so if there are some issues I can quickly address them.
  • GoToMeeting works best with MS PowerPoint, and not so great with "open office" products.
  • Sometimes my clients' screens go to screen saver mode because they have had no activity on their end. It would be nice if GoToMeeting was able to "ping" their computer to keep their monitor active.
  • It would be nice if I had a visual indicator when a client joined an active session. Sometimes people join late, and if they don't call the audio line I don't know they have joined.
GoToMeeting is a great tool for presenting our cloud-based service. I am able to present real-world scenarios, focus on the features that my client most needs, and spend as much or as little time on my presentation as I need.
Read Allie Nagy Tossberg's full review
Chris Ude profile photo
December 04, 2014

Review: "GoToMeeting lets my global customers connect by phone or VoIP flawlessly"

The whole organization uses GoToMeeting. We use it to deliver live sessions to small groups of customers, and we use it for Sales calls with prospective customers. It provides us a conference bridge integrated with slide and screen sharing (live demo) capabilities.
  • Industry standard. Most people I communicate with have at least heard of GTM, and many already use it, so it is familiar.
  • I like that my customers--and I--have the option of VoIP or phone or some of each on the same session.
  • I like that I have the option to record audio and video.
  • Sometimes it still requires attendees to download even if they've just used GTM that morning.
  • Would love for GTM to interface with salesforce.com.
  • Would like to have the ability to go above the 26 person limit on an as-needed basis and just pay extra for the additional attendees. It's very rare that we go over 26, so it's not worth buying GoToWebinar or GoToTraining, but I hate to just block people in those rare circumstances.
Very well suited when including attendees from multiple countries with different ways of accessing audio. Very well suited when screen share needs to pass from one person to another.
Read Chris Ude's full review
Ausrine Pasakarnyte profile photo
October 29, 2014

Review: "GoToMeeting for internal and external meetings"

GoToMeeting is being used across the whole organization as a main platform for meetings. I guess the primary reason for using it is that it is pretty easy to use the tool to schedule and track your meetings between departments, functions as well as people outside organization.
We have a lot of offices all over the world and for us GoToMeeting works pretty well internally; as well it is convenient to schedule a client call with people across different departments to discuss pressing issues or the flow of the project in person rather than sending emails.
  • It is very easy to add GoToMeeting into your calender and be reminded of the upcoming meeting, as it syncs very well with MS Outlook. Also, if needed, it is pretty easy to reschedule the meeting.
  • It has pretty intuitive control settings.
  • You can share your screen and switch the presenter if needed.
  • Since a very good internet connection is needed to run a meeting, not all parties always have it and then it makes it difficult to use it, as there might be a delay in the sound or video sharing.
When choosing to buy GoToMeeting or not you need to think of a couple of points. Do you have multiple offices across the country / region / outside of the country? How often do you need to have meetings with people that are outside of your office? What subjects are you going to cover during your meetings, should it be handled better in person or would an internet meeting suffice? How many people you are planning to have in a meeting, and if more than two you need some kind of conference system. Do you need to share your screen? Would a regular phone call suffice? How busy is your schedule, do you need reminders all synced up to your Outlook (if you use one)? There are multiple tools you can use, all depends on your needs and preferences. I personally find GoToMetting quite good for our company needs.
Read Ausrine Pasakarnyte's full review
Zack Parnell profile photo
February 28, 2014

User Review: "GoToMeeting Helps to Set ITI Apart"

ITI utilizes GoToMeeting for monthly webinars on different industry-related topics. ITI receives up to 400 registrants for these webinars each month and over 100 attendees during the live events. In addition, ITI uses GoToMeeting to host conference and video calls with clients. It allows us the freedom to share information between both parties' computers and allows for large groups of people to be involved at the same time. This works the same for meetings and training sessions with remote employees.
  • Sharing screens between users. GTM allows presenters to share their screen or another attendee's screen. A picture is worth a thousand words and when trying to assist clients, being able to show information visually is a great help.
  • GoToWebinar panelists. ITI hosts webinars each month and by allowing multiple panelists, our presenter can focus on the actual presentation while other panelists manage questions from attendees. This keeps the webinars running smoothly and ensuring that everyone is remaining engaged.
  • Allows for large groups of people from multiple locations to collaborate. ITI works with clients across the globe and when we need to meet with a client that has people in multiple locations, GTM makes it easy. The email invitation provides a simple method for everyone to access the meeting and allow for real-time collaboration without boundaries.
  • Support for different devices. We have tried to use GTM with Chromebooks and found that it was not supported. It would be great to have GTM work on all platforms.
  • GoToTraining panelist option. ITI tried to use GoToTraining, but it does not allow for panelists and made trying to manage incoming questions from attendees difficult as the presenter had to continually pause in the middle of a presentation.
GTM is excellent for meetings or webinars that encompass large groups of people. Registration is easy and provides calendar reminders to participants. When considering this product, I recommend that you determine how often you host conference (audio or video) calls and other online events. If it is very infrequent, this may not be the product for you. Being able to pre-schedule meetings and sending out reminders were critical for our organization.
Read Zack Parnell's full review

High quality audio (23)
High quality video (23)
Low bandwidth requirements (17)
6.7
Mobile support (5)
6.0
Desktop sharing (23)
Whiteboards (11)
Calendar integration (22)
Meeting initiation (23)
Integrates with social media (9)
Record meetings / events (20)
Slideshows (10)
Live chat (21)
Audience polling (13)
Q&A (9)
User authentication (17)
Participant roles & permissions (19)
Confidential attendee list (15)

About GoToMeeting