Reviews (1-25 of 113)
- Screen-sharing works well. Haven't noticed anything above and beyond other vendors, but nothing to complain about.
- Meeting recording is simple.
- Outlook integration is simple and easy to use.
- It's just clunky. I find we spend more time making sure everything is set up okay at the beginning of each meeting than with other vendors.
- Swapping presenter rights is a pain! Wish we could just share the screen in our meetings--maybe this is a setting we have to change on our end.
- Finding the right way to do audio. When we are in conference meetings with a few of us in person, and a few others joining remotely, we always seem to spend a few minutes figuring out who to mute, who not to mute, etc. before the meeting gets started. Often times, we just end up muting everyone and calling the remote teammates with our cell phone on speaker.
- Screen sharing.
- Recording meetings and sharing them further.
- Easy to Operate.
- Pause feature while Recording Meetings.
- Looks change when in IE and Chrome, Misleading to some extent.
- I have experienced issues when we change the audio settings.
- The number of video-sharing personnel is low in a meeting, and I saw only eight people able to share a camera in a 35 + team meeting.
- Screen sharing works perfectly.
- It is possible to join a meeting via computer, app in smartphone or phone call.
- It is very simple and easy to learn how to use.
- I believe there is a small limit in the number of attendees to a meeting.
- It could be easier to record a call and share it with others.
- No zoom feature for the participants in the meeting.
- Small meetings where all parties will be speaking and sharing their screen.
- Remote staff needing to conference with coworkers.
- Conferencing with clients who do not have reliable phone service but do have an internet connection.
- Minimal interface.
- It is not integrated with Google Calendar or Google Chat.
- The co-host meetings option is very smart.
- Great interface.
- Easy to record meetings.
- Stable connection.
- Licensing can be a bit confusing and should be simplified.
- It would be nice if GoToMeeting - and webinar would be combined.
- Support, if needed, is pretty bad.
- The connection time and live feed is great.
- The invitation and login process is extremely easy.
- The screen sharing gives great visuals.
- The app has frequent issues.
- The initial invite ends up in spam frequently
- Easy to set up meetings and invite others to participate, whether those were planned in advance or created on the fly.
- Sharing my screen, running a meeting, and watching the participant panel for questions worked well too. I loved the layout and ease of switching back and forth to other presenters as needed. Very collaborative.
- Using it outside my organization was a big plus. Although vendors used other tools such as Webex or Zoom, they were always able to work in GoToMeeting without a problem. Never hindered work in the slightest.
- I'd love to see recording improved. Perhaps it was just my license, but recording was always an issue for me. May just user error. Who knows, but it was a big enough pain to cause us to look for another solution as an organization.
- We didn't have integration with Microsoft Exchange, which would have been great to have. It wasn't necessary, but it just took more time than needed to login to GoToMeeting, set up the meeting, and then copy and paste into my Outlook meeting invite. Maybe this has been addressed, or we just didn't do it as an organization. All could be true. But we didn't have it at the time, and it was annoying.
- Simple to operate.
- Very good connectivity.
- Integration with Google Calendar.
- The side panel for conference details (attendees, chat etc) gives my navigation challenges -- there's too much packed into too little space, and it's hard to find what I need while I'm also presenting. Maybe bigger buttons for most used, and minimize or hide the other less used features? For example, I never use chat.
- When customers join there is a moment of confusion if they have really joined. It would be nice to let people join, see they are successfully connected both visually and audio, and allow the presenter to see the same, and when ready, open the conference so that all can hear and see, avoiding the whole "hello, are you there?" that often happens.
- No matter the platform (PC, Mac, tablet, etc.) it's fast and easy to start an instant meeting with anyone.
- Screen sharing, multi-camera support, and document sharing make it easy to present the right info at the right time.
- Calendar integration makes it easy to schedule with one or many people at at time.
- While the system is very robust, at times I'd like to see a scaled down option for one-to-one meetings.
- Sharing a file instead of screen sharing would be a nice add-in.
- A faster keyboard shortcut for mute / unmute would be useful.
- Integration into Google Calendar and Email.
- There's good support tools for Admin and Techs to troubleshoot call issues.
- It's very easy to use.
- We would like to see continued improvements in the technical analyzing/troubleshooting tools.
- We would like to see the costs go down for the product.
- Well established market adoption.
- Connect to time gets faster every year, thanks to lots of competition.
- Price is too high compared to competitors.
- Still relatively cumbersome to use, not agile.
- GoToMeeting has been able to do everything needed for our org. and seems to be a preferred favorite for vendors via remote sessions
- I have a rather large monitor, 34',' and GoToMeeting has a screen zoom feature that seems to keep the vendors from not getting frustrated.
- You can switch control, presenters, and FPT rather well and easily.
- I can't think of an area where GoToMeeting has room for improvement, other than its pricing option.
- I would say it could always be cheaper. Freeware works well but when you get to enterprise-level, you get what you pay for so no real issues.
- Multiple ways of joining a meeting, depending on the needs of the user.
- GoToMeeting can share audio, screens, video, or data.
- The system can be used for one-way presentations, such as webinars, where only the host can speak.
- When used on a computer it leaves behind traces, such as the GoToOpener.
- Larger meetings can be cumbersome.
- Recording is possible
- It's possible for the host to mute everyone, to give one-sides presentations
- It's possible to use chat
- The login with a number is clever
- You can also join meetings over the phone
- The software looks outdated compared to other software.
- Screenshare for higher resolution is sometimes messy (can't see the whole screen).
- Screensharing and presentation tools
- Integrations and sign up links
- Dashboard to manage attendees during a call
- No way to manually register a list of users or previous attendees at once
- Would like to see a permanent call-in number as an organizer that users can always call into for our calls
- Allow multiple people to meet and talk together.
- Track previous meeting attendance.
- Set recurring meetings.
- Audio quality is often poor.
- Screen markup tools are limited and only granted by the presenter/organizer.
- Connects people across the world with just one click
- Call me to join the meeting feature
- Personal Meeting Rooms
- Mobile and Desktop options
- Virtual whiteboard
- The mobile version still has some connectivity issues
- for some users having to download the software first can be challenging
- With the audio I would like to see a reduction of echos
- Easy to use and setup. The install of the apps (either on mobile or computer) is relatively quick and easy. Once installed, the simple click to join a meeting could not be easier.
- The audio on a GoToMeeting is great! Audio is clear. You also have the option of using your device's audio or joining from a phone line. This flexibility allows for convenience.
- The features of GoToMeeting, screen sharing, chat, Q&A, etc., are among the best. Icons on the platform indicate what that option is and it could not be any easier.
- If there is an option to join a GoToMeeting without having to download an app, that would be great. Some users may not have the admin rights to install apps. If joining from a web-based browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) is an option, that would be great and convenient.
- Not a big deal, but it would be great is having a live transcript for those who have audio problems would be great. If a transcript/caption was offered in realtime, that could also help ADA attendees with hearing issues.
- Quick meetings on the spot. The meet now features work really well for an unexpected meeting.
- The HD video conferencing is really great. It helps a lot with the synergy of our teams. This removes the distance between our remote users.
- Works well with our diverse computer ecosystem.
- The integration with 3rd parties is great. We use the Outlook plugin on both Mac and PC and it helps us organize meetings quickly.
- The mobile version is only somewhat stable. Meetings are easier to manage on the computer.
- Support is not great. We had connectivity issues in the past and support were not able to help to determine what exactly the issue was.
- The record feature does not include the webcam. Only audio and presentation.
- The chat feature is quite limited. A separate chat room outside of meetings would be great.
Our support team uses it to help troubleshoot clients systems. With the meeting now features its quick to set up a meeting.
Our sales team uses it to contact prospective and future clients. It also helps with travel expenses.
- Collaborative calls
- Collaborative presentations
- Allow for seamless communication internally and externally
- Eliminate the need for printing
- On occasion we have trouble connecting
- Some clients have a different product they use, which may require us to use their platform instead
Good for conference calls, collaboration with remote teams, viewing documents and presentations.
I can't think of anywhere it's less suited unless you work in the same building or need a hands-on demonstration. I always recommend getting on a conference call, but it can be distracting to coworkers not involved in that call/presentation.
GoToMeeting Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Enterprise||Custom Pricing||3,000 Participants|
GoToMeeting Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|