GoToMeeting Reviews

Nancy Hamlet | TrustRadius Reviewer

Web Meeting Platform that's Worth the (low) Cost

GoToMeeting is our go-to (no pun intended) webinar platform for hosting 1:1 or group meetings. We use it for both on-demand and scheduled meetings. The platform helps to connect us with our clients and internal team members to facilitate easy collaboration.
  • On-Demand meetings. I am able to give clients my custom-URL so that if we are in the middle of a call and it would be helpful for them to view my screen, I just tell them the URL to enter and they are seamlessly connected without having to wait on me to email them a link.
  • Reliability. Unlike some other platforms I've used, I don't experience buffering or other technical issues.
  • Integration. GoToMeeting is integrated with my email platform so it's really easy to add GoToMeeting to every calendar invitation. It's also integrated with my marketing automation platform so that I can create custom landing pages for people to book meetings and seamlessly have their info go into my GoToMeeting account.
  • Sometimes the control panel can be a little annoying. It typically opens on the right-hand side of the screen. You can easily minimize it but then you lose the ability to see chats, etc. Some other platforms have the control panel on the bottom of the screen.
  • It would be nice if I could just share a portion of my screen. When I had two monitors, I could just select to show one monitor, but now that I've moved to one large screen, it would be nice if I could just share a portion of my screen.
  • On-demand or scheduled meetings where participants need to screen share and collaborate, showing design files, project plans, reports, etc.
  • Video conferencing, including use in job interviews, team meetings, and client presentations.
Read Nancy Hamlet's full review
Marc Duke | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 18, 2020

Is GoToMeeting the go-to platform?

I am a classic GoToMeeting user, I have had an account and used it to set up calls for clients/colleagues and connections. I have used it on a desktop and on a mobile device. I have used the calendaring function as well as the presentation features. It has been used to ensure teleconferencing/meeting can occur quickly and simply. I have accessed it using a phone as well via an IP connection.
  • Auto connection from a mobile app.
  • Ability to see presentations on-screen.
  • It makes it easy to use video.
  • Scheduling on a mobile device.
In some instances, GoToMeeting is harder to use than alternatives such as Zoom or BlueJeans in terms of video experience and in some instances is more complex than using Skype for example. At times the mobile app is inflexible when trying to switch from mobile to an internet connection in particular when entering the pin code, which is very tricky when on the move.
Read Marc Duke's full review
Dylan Costa, CTS-D, DMC-E | TrustRadius Reviewer

GoToMeeting on Campus

We had an enterprise license for our entire higher education campus. I am in the AV department so we supported the end users (as well as using it ourselves). Primary features we liked where ability to record and bridge phone users to computer audio users.
  • Ease of use of on-screen controls (similar to other similar products so adoption is easy)
  • Phone to computer audio bridging
  • Recording only included shared computer content-not video. Not great for employment searches or guest speakers to classes
  • Website made it hard to find the client to download. They were pushing you to use web interface but we prefer the program to be on our computers (in the dock on Macs)
If adopted by an entire department or user group, it works well as support, and training for the entire group is efficient. If you have meetings with a mixture of technologies joining the meeting (phone, computer audio with video, computer with phone) GoToMeeting bridges seamlessly. Video quality is excellent, users are very impressed with the jump up in quality form free platforms (Skype, Google Chat, etc).
Read Dylan Costa, CTS-D, DMC-E's full review
Megan Russell | TrustRadius Reviewer

GoToMeeting is the Go-To Software

We use GoToMeeting for their webinar portal every week. We use it for weekly webinars, and also to have one on one demo meetings for clients that need more help with a walk through of our software. This helps us be able to give our customers/new customers an opportunity to see our software without having to meet in person.
  • Recurring meetings
  • Poll questions
  • The registration form custom field options
  • Email template customization
GoToMeeting is suitable for users that want the option to meet with clients or customers without having to meet in person. As a large software company, we aren't in the same city, let alone the same state as most of our customers so it's important for us to have a platform that can allow for more personalized, one on one meetings. If you are working locally and often want to meet with clients in person, this software is not a good fit. There wouldn't be a purpose to it.
Read Megan Russell's full review
Jake Schlingman | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 03, 2020

Great when it works. Frustrating when it doesn't.

GoToMeeting is used across my organization to allow people who are geographically separated to meet virtually and communicate effectively. There are a number of different situations where we have historically used GoToMeeting. It could be we have remote team members and we need to include them in a meeting. It could be that we are having a meeting with people in different offices across the country. It could be that our support team is attempting to help a customer through a problem and needs to see their screen to effectively understand what is going on. It could be that an engineering team needs to do a research call with a client and potentially get their feedback on a prototype.
  • GoToMeeting recordings are usually clear and easy to understand. Also, their transcripts feature is surprisingly accurate and I like that I can jump to a point in the transcript easily if I need to clarify what was actually said.
  • Screen sharing is generally easy and pretty painless even for non-technical people.
  • The ability to call into a meeting in case you have a spotty internet connection is a must.
  • Their reliability is my main issue. When it works, it generally works fine but it isn't very reliable.
  • Audio has a delay often. Especially when people call into a meeting rather than joining from their computer.
  • They automatically delete any saved cloud recordings after 1 year. This is a huge issue for an organization that is saving research calls to reference later. For a project I'm currently working on, I do need to reference research that is more than a year old.
  • The GoToRoom system never seemed able to start up effectively. We joke that you have to pay the 5-10 minute GoToMeeting tax to get a meeting going.
My main issue with GoToMeeting is the lack of reliability. A lot of their features are really nice, especially on the recording side. The problem is that none of those features matter if the core of the product, the meeting itself, is having issues. If my audio is delayed by a couple of seconds it leads to a lot of awkward silences and people accidentally interrupting each other. When I'm setting up a meeting in a conference room, I should just be able to come in and click a button to get going.
Read Jake Schlingman's full review
Tim Regas | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 03, 2020

GoToMeeting is a GoTo solution for remote meetings and demos

We use GoToMeeting to host meetings with customers. Our sales department uses the service to show our desktop to prospective customers for presentations as well as see their screen for hands-on demos. They also sometimes set up meetings to utilize the call-in number as a conference number without sharing any screens. Our support uses the service to view customers desktops so they can support them with implementations.
  • Easy to join meetings
  • Gives options to download full desktop version or use web version
  • Easily integrates with Outlook to send meeting invites as calendar appointments
  • They could make video meetings easier.
  • They could make it easier to include international dialing numbers for conference calls.
  • The admin portal reports could be more intuitive.
GoToMeeting is a great option for having to meet with clients or to show them your screen. Since end-users are not forced to download a client and can join from any web browser, it works well for inviting customers in secure locations or who don't have the rights to download applications to their computer. It does an alright job for supporting customers, but there are better options to control the customer's computer from afar.
Read Tim Regas's full review
Jeanette Carroll | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 24, 2020

GoToMeeting is a Great Tool

We use GoToMeeting for webinars, training, virtual meetings with clients and internal meetings. I like being able to share my screen for webinars and meetings, and then being able to change the presenter or give controls to someone else while training on various processes and systems within my organization.
  • Virtual meetings.
  • Sharing screens/information.
  • Low maintenance.
  • I like the old format for meetings better.
I highly recommend GoToMeeting. It's a great tool for meetings, webinars, training, etc. I think it's great that people in different locations can still collaborate and hold meetings, whether just audio with slides, or face-time like meetings. Given the current events with COVID-19, it's especially important to be able to have these interactions without actually coming into contact with someone.
Read Jeanette Carroll's full review
Norman Hazlewood | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 17, 2020

GoToMeeting is the easy choice for meeting and collaborating.

GotoMeeting is being used to allow persons that are scattered throughout remote locations whether staff or external parties to have meetings and communicate effectively. They can join via phoneline, smartphone whether iOS or Android and via computer with the use of a browser and the GoToMeeting plugin. This allows people to meet, communicate and collaborate despite there locations.
  • Allow people to connect and communicate via different platforms
  • Allow persons to screen-share and collaborate
  • An easy-to-use fool-proof interface that allows people to easily set up and communicate meeting details
  • I would like if they would allow at least two meetings to take place at the same time. I believe at the price point, and with the number of alternative options out there, they should give users more options. End result is clashes can often happen if you don't have the budget to buy an extra license.
  • Lack of international phone numbers for people to call. The list of phone numbers for GoToMeeting is not as extensive as some other platforms out there.
GoToMeeting is well suited if you need to record a screen-share session or collaboration/conversation, to connect people in multiple geographic locations, to do video conferencing for business meetings, and to share documents when doing any collaboration. You also have a change window to share additional comments. It allows large meetings to occur across different rooms if required.
Read Norman Hazlewood's full review
Marcus Torres | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 03, 2020

GoToMeeting, you can't go wrong!

We use GoToMeeting within the Client Success department at my company every day. It allows us to have a huge amount of flexibility when it comes to troubleshooting issues with customers by utilizing its screen-sharing capabilities, but it also is an easy-to-use forum to have multiple people join a meeting remotely.
  • Easy to use interface
  • Best-in-class integrations with calendar and meeting platforms
  • Above average screen-sharing capabilities
  • Users can get confused easily if they are muted during a call.
  • Audio can be touch-and-go some days, depending on the channel.
  • There are not a ton of customizations for audiences.
I think GoToMeeting is perfectly suited for large teams that need to be able to have a consistent forum to offer to clients to connect. With the flexibility to record and screen-share, it makes life so much easier for CS teams that work with clients on a regular daily basis. It is the perfect easy-to-use solution to connect with clients and be able to provide a robust experience to your audience outside of a regular phone call.
Read Marcus Torres's full review
Wajeeh Rehman | TrustRadius Reviewer

Best Professional Conferencing

GoToMeeting is used for our daily and weekly meetings with different clients and management. I am working remotely and this is the best tool to communicate, share screen and get training from our seniors. The best thing about it is that there are no sound break issues or any distortion. Our meetings are smooth and reliable.
  • Share screen
  • No pictures
  • Graphics
GoToMeeting is, in my experience, best used when we have to share our work with someone else. We can easily share our screen to show how the work is being done, or if we need to know anything, we can let anyone in the conference be a presenter and play his part.
Read Wajeeh Rehman's full review
Christina Onolaja | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 07, 2020

Great solution for web meetings, training sessions and more!

We have 9 locations across the entire County. Coordinating meetings between patients is a challenge. GoToMeeting allows us to schedule meetings without requiring providers and staff to block off their schedules for travel time. We are also able to record training sessions and post the videos on our intranet for those that could not attend.
  • GoToMeeting makes it easy to share your screen and pass keyboard and mouse controls for troubleshooting technical problems.
  • It's effortless to record meetings then share them with others who missed the meeting.
  • I want the invite process to be condensed with fewer clicks. You have to click through a couple of screens, and this could be streamlined.
  • Since the update, the new minimized control boxes are hard to move.
I can't think of many scenarios where it would be inappropriate. I have used it for board meetings, end-user training sessions, recordings so future staff can reference it for learning, and I'm sure I'm missing others. On the fly, meetings are pretty simple, so you can share screens and troubleshoot problems.
Read Christina Onolaja's full review
Shari Lerner | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 07, 2020

Great product for a remote workforce.

GoToMeeting is used across the whole organization as a way to meet and collaborate since we are a remote workforce. The business problem it solves is that we are not all in the same place, and when we need to meet and either share documents or screens or even talk, we can easily do it with GoToMeeting.
  • Screensharing
  • Accommodating multiple people with different needs.
  • Having to update sometimes before you can start a meeting.
GoToMeeting is a great tool. It can also be suitable for meetings with partners or customers that you are trying to show your products or walk through a contract or proposal. Not sure it's beneficial for just a conference call, especially with how cell phones can accommodate multiple people these days, but if you need to see the same thing or each other, this is perfect.
Read Shari Lerner's full review
Scott Mackinnon | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 06, 2020

Review of GoToMeeting

GoToMeeting was used quite a bit throughout PitchBook. I personally used it as a new business representative demonstrating our software platform. But we also used it to run meetings across offices, host quarter launches, etc.
  • Accessibility from different locations, for both user and the prospective client.
  • Overall user friendliness, very intuitive as a tool to use.
  • The application itself is not great, could be easier to use.
  • Recording calls isn't as intuitive as it could be, interface improvement on that point.
GoToMeeting is well suited for growing companies that need a tool to showcase their software platform. Whether it's inside sales, outside sales, or customer success, it's a quality product to use. Also for those logging in its web-based capabilities are great for clients on the go. Overall great sales product.

I can't speak to how it's used by operations as much, I would assume for group meetings.
Read Scott Mackinnon's full review
Travis Brown | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 05, 2020

Great Software for Virtual Meetings

We sell software, and doing digital demonstrations is a primary sales tactic for us. To do that, we have utilized GoToMeeting to setup our presentations. GoToMeeting lets us meet virtually with anyone, anywhere, at any time. It has been an invaluable tool for us to grow our company.
  • Remote Meetings
  • Remote Presentations
  • Sharing Screen Controls
  • More of the survey capability or admin functions that are reserved for GoToWebinar.
GoToMeeting is terrific software for remote meetings or presentations.
Read Travis Brown's full review
Chris Lesner | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 04, 2020

GoToMeeting is continuing to improve

GoToMeeting helps us run and participate in webinars, as well as do conference calling within our own team (remote team members) as well as clients across the country with ease. Obviously video calls and screen sharing is on the up-and-up, but it's also a necessity in our digital space and industry.
  • Screen sharing.
  • Video calls.
  • Pushes people very aggressively to download the software.
  • Cumbersome for new users.
It definitely gets the job done, but honestly our clients aren't big fans of GTM due to how agressively GTM pushes people to download the application instead of just using a web browser version. Our internal team likes it and has found it easy to hop into rooms and talk with one another about projects.
Read Chris Lesner's full review
Adam Montgomery | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 04, 2020

GoToMeeting Makes Web Conferencing Easy and Painless

GoToMeeting is used by our entire organization. It has become our 'go-to' tool for conducting virtual meetings, remote training sessions, and even presentations by our sales team. It allows us to effectively review materials online without being in the same room. It has allowed our organization to be more flexible with employees' work locations and schedules.
  • Really intuitive and easy for beginners to use.
  • Has really strong brand and name recognition; there's a good chance that people have used GoToMeeting in the past.
  • We've had some challenges incorporating meetings into Outlook, Gmail, and Google calendar.
  • I wish it had a note-taking tool built into the software.
My organization really likes GoToMeeting. Our sales team gives a lot of sales presentations through the software and they comment on how 99% of the companies they are presenting to are already familiar with the look and feel of GoToMeeting. We have found the app to work really well on mobile as well.
Read Adam Montgomery's full review
Lynn DeLaurentis | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 03, 2020

Flexible video conferencing anywhere you go, on any device

GoToMeeting is used for video conferencing among a small group of employees, 3-7, with an outside consultant on a monthly basis. It offers the ability to bring in experts for training without the costs and logistics of travel. It allows the experts to set aside a few hours of their day, rather than commit several days to bring face-to-face training.
  • Live screen sharing.
  • Online chat.
  • It can be tricky to use on a mobile device, getting the audio/video set correctly.
  • Occasionally, an individual needs to sign off and log back in to reset controls.
GoToMeeting offers flexibility in video conferencing, where each person can share their work and take control of the presentation. It offers good functionality for collaboration on projects that require several individuals to handle different pieces of the project and then come together, share their work and make modifications in the moment.
Read Lynn DeLaurentis's full review
Larry Chisholm | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 31, 2020

GoToMeeting - Go for it!

We use GoToMeeting as a part of our Jive implementation. Since GoToMeeting owns Jive, we got it free as part of our phone system suite. We were previously paying for 250 seats on our own and were really able to save some money once Jive became a GoToMeeting-owned company.
  • Smooth control of remote machines.
  • One plugin takes care of every GoToMeeting.
  • The dock should automatically shrink when not in use for users with limited screen real estate.
  • Anything to shorten the learning curve for users.
GoToMeeting is well suited to anyone needing to use collaboration between companies, companies and vendors, companies and customers, etc. This really is meant for B2B type setups, technical training, quarterly meetings, etc. I do not recommend this as a replacement for an in-house instant messaging/collaboration platform (Skype for Business or Slack). Even with AD integration, the product doesn't stack up against the other two. I like the fact that the product sticks to what it's good at and doesn't try to be everything to everyone.
Read Larry Chisholm's full review
Christopher Rodriguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 31, 2020

GoToMeeting is best meeting system out there.

We are a consulting firm, so GoToMeeting is used throughout our process. From doing screen-shares during the sales process in order to understand needs and determine requirements, to walking through SOWs and answering questions, GoToMeeting is what we use. During the implementation process, GoToMeeting is critical to show clients how things are progressing along and to get feedback on the new system that is built out. Also, for training we use GoToMeeting to show the actual system the client will be using.
  • Screensharing
  • Conference lines
  • Recurring meetings are a bit tough
  • Scheduling others
When the need is to see others' screens or show your screen, GoToMeeting is perfectly suited. Screenshots and walkthroughs are just not enough, being able to show exactly what is happening is the real need that GoToMeeting fulfills. That's where GoToMeeting shines.

When just doing a conference call without a screen-share, it's not as appropriate, as most people would need to download the application to use it.
Read Christopher Rodriguez's full review
Jillian Papa | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 30, 2020

Video conference + screen share = bandwidth issues... delay and lags!

GoTo Meeting was used across my entire organization. Every employee had an account to use both internally and externally. Since 50% of our staff are remote, this tool allowed for us to video chat with each other instead of just having conference calls. I believe this really helped with staff morale as well as overall productivity to be able to have screen sharing, etc.
  • Easy screen sharing.
  • Capacity for large webinar-style meetings.
  • I felt like we always had connection issues.
  • It didn't take much for GoTo to slow down. Often there was a delay/lag.
GoTo meeting was well suited for screen sharing and audio conversation. The video chat issue was really a problem. If too many of us in the office would try to show our faces on screen during the same meeting, it would severely lag and we would have issues seeing each other.
Read Jillian Papa's full review
Dany Hernandez | TrustRadius Reviewer

Let's go to GoToMeeting

I teach in Denver and many students are out of state. GoToMeeting helps connect in a very effective manner with anyone, anytime. It's accessible from many different platforms which is incredibly helpful when making sure our students are all on the same page and expectations are clearly communicated at all times.
  • The ability to share screens seamlessly
  • Being able to hand off presenter responsibilities
  • The user experience changes depending on device
  • Would love to see a more consistent look
GoToMeeting gives users the ability to bring people together from anywhere into a single environment. By being able to screen share and pass off presenter responsibilities, it has the potential to be very interactive and productive. Sometimes, more productive than actually being in the same room at the same time.
Read Dany Hernandez's full review
Greg Hicks | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 29, 2020

GoToMeeting allows you to schedule more meetings daily and ensure all the proper people are able to attend

GoToMeeting is invaluable in allowing us to conduct meetings with our clients even when they are far from us geographically. Even when needing to meet with other businesses that are in close physical proximity to our business GoToMeeting is extremely beneficial in reducing the travel times often required just to drive across town for a meeting. We are now able to schedule multiple client meetings in day without having to drive even a mile.
  • Ease of setting up a meeting
  • Simple to allow attendees to join
  • While it is easy to join a meeting often the attendee needs to download a file and run it delaying their connection
  • Poor client internet speed can cause it to be unusable
Finalizing project details is where GoToMeeting really shines and is the most beneficial for our usage. Allowing us to have frequent meetings, putting them together (even at the last minute) and working out details between ourselves and a client is a huge time saver. Where it isn't as useful (and this isn't a "flaw" of GoToMeeting but when working to land a new client, in person meetings tend to show a higher rate of securing the project than online meetings. Once that personal link is established then GoToMeeting is great.
Read Greg Hicks's full review
Che Odom | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 28, 2020

Easy to use, effective video conferencing software

The entire organization uses GoToMeeting as one of two or three conference options that we keep available. It enables us to very easily set up conference calls with video and screen sharing capabilities. It typically works very easily and allows good collaboration to occur. It works particularly well for internal organizational meetings between different office locations. While it can include outside users as well, we get less of the video participation on outside users' ends.
  • Screensharing.
  • Tracking attendees.
  • Would like an easier way to record meetings.
  • Easier document sharing/collaboration.
I like GoToMeeting for video conferencing and conference calls. I like it for screen sharing as well, but not necessarily collaboration. I think it works really well within an organization with multiple offices or job sites and if set-up well, video conferencing in these instances is particularly easy. Getting video conferencing from external users has been a challenge, and most just call in, even though there are digital audio and video obviously available. This may be a simple end-user preference on their end, however. We just really find that internal meetings where we can look face to face with folks in another location make working together much more smooth.
Read Che Odom's full review
Leonard Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer

A Premium Service, If You Need It

When my organization or a client needs a way to speak to one another or conference from around the world, I typically recommend GoToMeeting as a premier service. This is if they are looking for a long-term solution. GoToMeeting gives users the ability to speak clearly, it's reliable, and it's easy to use, which solves the problem of learning new technology.
  • Compatible with most setups
  • Cost
  • Multiple devices for multiple locations
GoToMeeting is great if you have a large team, and you’re always needing to be in touch. If you don’t speak to clients on a daily basis, either that’s biweekly or monthly, then GoToMeeting sounds too expensive. If you do not need to use such a quality service, then chances are you will find a more affordable outlet online.
Read Leonard Johnson's full review
Jay Handleson | TrustRadius Reviewer

GoToMeeting: The Grand Daddy Running at an Olympic Sprinter's Pace

GoToMeeting is used widely across our whole construction and accounting divisions. With multiple offices up and down the west coast, communication is essential. GoToMeeting provides the ability for teams to communicate with voice and video, screen and file sharing, across miles and miles of space between parties.
  • File Sharing
  • Screen Sharing
  • Log-ins can be tedious, but hey, security is paramount.
  • Audio on a computer is a little wonky, best to use the dial-in option.
GoToMeeting is well suited to conferences where multiple people at multiple locations need to review and discuss common documents. This system works especially well in a construction environment where designers and architects can contribute without having to coordinate being on site to address any questions or design revisions requested from the construction team.
Read Jay Handleson's full review

High quality audio (135)
High quality video (132)
Low bandwidth requirements (117)
Mobile support (91)
Desktop sharing (133)
Whiteboards (79)
Calendar integration (115)
Meeting initiation (131)
Integrates with social media (48)
Record meetings / events (115)
Slideshows (95)
Live chat (118)
Audience polling (69)
Q&A (82)
User authentication (106)
Participant roles & permissions (117)
Confidential attendee list (87)

About GoToMeeting

GoToMeeting is used by millions of people everyday for real time virtual communication and collaboration. GoToMeeting is presented by LogMeIn as a fast, easy and reliable professional online meeting solution that enables customers to meet face to face, share presentations and chat with colleagues, with the click of a button. GoToMeeting is designed to pair productivity with flexibility to let employees work effectively anytime, anywhere on any device.

GoToMeeting Features

Has featureSmart Meeting Assistant transcribes meetings from voice to text. After the meeting, users can search for keywords in the transcription text and share the content with a link.
Has featureInRoom Link is compatible with existing H.323 and SIP-supported video conferencing systems such as those provided by Polycom, Cisco, Lifesize, and other companies.
Has featureWith GoToRoom, create a hardware and software bundle for online meetings with an all-new Dolby-powered experience to bridge the gap between in-room and remote meeting attendees.

GoToMeeting Screenshots

GoToMeeting Video

Introducing: The New GoToMeeting

GoToMeeting Integrations

Office 365 Plugin, Slack Meeting Launcher, Google Calendar Plugin, Google Chrome Extension, Microsoft Outlook Plugin, Salesforce Integration, Voice Commands with Siri®

GoToMeeting Competitors