https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/aK/02/K3UTQ2ZPQSJ9.JPEGWhy Hero works for the students and staff at CLMS!The teachers at Crystal Lake Middle use Hero to track positive student behavior at our school. Students receive incentives and rewards for accruing Hero points over the course of a nine-week period. Our points are described as Cougar Power Points and the displayed behaviors for which we reward our students include: Peers helping peers, arriving to class on time, arriving to class early, following the unified dress code, completing homework and/or classwork, and turning in lost items. Students and parents can track their points using the Hero app, and we heavily promote that our students work to get Cougar Power Points.,The Hero system is very easy to use and very easy to monitor. Reports are emailed to me weekly that track the behaviors that have been logged in by my teachers and staff which is very helpful. Customer service from the Hero staff has been excellent and their response to any concerns or questions is addressed within 24 hours.,I am always looking for costs to be lower, so that would be my only request.,10,Our Hero SystemWe use Hero at our High School to progressively promote proper behaviors more so than negative ones. We feel that the students who are always doing the right things often get overlooked and are under appreciated. Hero allows us to reward those students who get it right most or all of the time so that they get put into the forefront.,Hero has helped to cut down on tardiness and the need to leave the room for bathroom breaks. Students who have been recognized in front of the school for doing what is right feel a sense of pride and continue to do even more good. Recognizing positive behaviors makes the students focus more on doing right. Giving out prizes is a good incentive.,Students need to have direct online access to picking their prizes based on the points they've earned. It will give more focus on doing what's right. Teachers need to have the ability to create their own positive rewards in the system based on their subject area. Is there a way to have the system remember your username so you don't have to type it out every time you sign in?,8,Hero positively improves tardiness and hallway activity. Sometimes the class rosters are not updated in a timely fashion. It would be nice to move back and forth between rewarding student points and the class roster with ease.,,Gradelink Student Information SystemYou will regret not using HEROHero is used school wide at my site. Hero is being used to track tardiness throughout 1300 students on a daily basis. In addition to tracking tardies, Hero is used as a positive behavior program. Students are assigned positive points for doing tasks that are wanted and points are deducted for tasks that are not appropriate. Once students accumulate enough points, they can cash in for rewards and prizes.,Hero gets students to class on time. We had a terrible problem with tardiness and Hero has allowed us to cut our tardies by 70% for the year. Hero gets students participating in class. When students know they are rewarded for participation, they really start participating. Hero gets students treating others with kindness. Students initially treated students with respect for points, but they continue to do so, at least in my classroom.,The scanner function on the mobile application could be improved The reports function from the website could have more filters, but it gets the job done. The forgot password function does not work. If a teacher forgets their password, the system administrator has to go in and reset it.,10,Hero has made a huge difference in student attendance. Hero has also made students more compliant with behaviors. Hero has allowed teachers to get involved because there are also rewards for teachers.,Microsoft 365 Business, Apple iCloud, Adobe Acrobat DCHEROIt is used to help with attendance and reward students for great classroom behavior. A majority of our teachers are using this product on a daily basis. There are a few teachers that have not bought into the program, however the majority of teachers who use this product have noticed a huge change in their students. I love this product due to the fact that students have the ability to see their progress and are rewarded for great behavior. Not all students care about Hero points, but I would say 90 percent do. This product addresses in class behavior as well as helping out with attendance issues.,Encourages students Tracks detentions Helps reduce tardies Encourages school-wide spirit,Not all teachers use it Not all students care about points Some teachers use it ineffectively,10,Positive attendance improvements More students on task More school spirit,Tardy Elimination HeroHero is being used site-wide at our High School. I estimate teacher participation varies from week to week between 70-99%. I estimate because I am not an admin and do not have access to site-wide data.,tracks positive student behavior site-wide. This is good because I think a lot of students feel they are ignored as teachers focus on the "problem kids". Hero makes it easy to acknowledge the students for doing what they are supposed to do on a daily basis. tracks tardies sitewide. by pairing this with daily tardy sweeps it keeps kids from slipping through the cracks. Kids can't learn if they are not in class. This makes them acknowledge the impact/cost of being late to class. by tracking all of this sitewide, admin is able to look for patterns and encourage more teachers to use a positive reward system. Also gives teachers access to a positive reward system without the cost and effort of maintaining a false economy (points, teacher "bucks" etc) and stocking rewards prints a pass for tardy students so we know they have checked in. Downside, special printers and special paper required for them.,for me, it really comes down to making it easier to award points. On the desktop website for awarding Hero points, they need to streamline the process for awarding points. Currently, it requires one click too many in my opinion. on the desktop website, more options for awarding points eg: 1. double points option. 2. on the class page make it possible to reselect the previous selection... like when you award a point to everyone present for being on time, make it possible to reselect that group. 3. A seating chart option would be super cool also. on the mobile app, add the behavior tracking by class option from the desktop website. I know that would probably be a lot of pinching and scrolling and zooming for most but still be cool to have that option. My Galaxy Note would probably be big enough to make it worthwhile.,8,increased number of students in class on time decreased number of students in the quad or hallways after the tardy bell increased number of teachers offering rewards for positive behavior created school-wide behavior data and enabled tracking of it increased teacher use of positive tier 1 behavior interventions honestly, if they sucked, I would say so and still get my points for writing the review. I already aired my one gripe which is making it easier to award points. Currently, that is a bit time consuming but the results make it worthwhile.,,giving points continues to be one step too many with a class full of students.,Yes,4
Hero

Hero Reviews

Hero
Filter 26 vetted Hero reviews and ratings
Sabine Phillips profile photo
November 26, 2018

Review: "Why Hero works for the students and staff at CLMS!"

• The Hero system is very easy to use and very easy to monitor.
  • Reports are emailed to me weekly that track the behaviors that have been logged in by my teachers and staff which is very helpful.
  • Customer service from the Hero staff has been excellent and their response to any concerns or questions is addressed within 24 hours.
  • I am always looking for costs to be lower, so that would be my only request.
The Hero system is a great program to use school-wide especially in large schools like mine with over 1400 students.
Read Sabine Phillips's full review
LISA JOHNSON profile photo
October 30, 2018

User Review: "Our Hero System"

• Hero has helped to cut down on tardiness and the need to leave the room for bathroom breaks.
  • Students who have been recognized in front of the school for doing what is right feel a sense of pride and continue to do even more good.
  • Recognizing positive behaviors makes the students focus more on doing right. Giving out prizes is a good incentive.
  • Students need to have direct online access to picking their prizes based on the points they've earned. It will give more focus on doing what's right.
  • Teachers need to have the ability to create their own positive rewards in the system based on their subject area.
  • Is there a way to have the system remember your username so you don't have to type it out every time you sign in?
Hero does actively reward the positive behaviors in students. It also promotes more positive behaviors in students who have had some challenges before. In this technology heavy world, the students need more direct online access. This will allow them to see their progress, see the rewards they want and work at achieving them. Even if they behave just for the prize, eventually they will see how productive positive behavior can really be.
Read LISA JOHNSON's full review
James Buynar profile photo
October 22, 2018

User Review: "You will regret not using HERO"

• Hero gets students to class on time. We had a terrible problem with tardiness and Hero has allowed us to cut our tardies by 70% for the year.
  • Hero gets students participating in class. When students know they are rewarded for participation, they really start participating.
  • Hero gets students treating others with kindness. Students initially treated students with respect for points, but they continue to do so, at least in my classroom.
  • The scanner function on the mobile application could be improved
  • The reports function from the website could have more filters, but it gets the job done.
  • The forgot password function does not work. If a teacher forgets their password, the system administrator has to go in and reset it.
Hero is a fantastic tool for teachers to manage bad behavior and support good behaviors from students. Tardies are usually a huge problem for teachers of any level. With Hero, they can track tardies electronically. Teachers can also enter points for classroom disruptions easily. This allows for the learning atmosphere not to be interrupted to a large degree.
Read James Buynar's full review
james witcombe profile photo
October 17, 2018

• Encourages students
  • Tracks detentions
  • Helps reduce tardies
  • Encourages school-wide spirit
  • Not all teachers use it
  • Not all students care about points
  • Some teachers use it ineffectively
  • To help students that need extra encouragement, and improve the attendance rates at school, we have seen great improvements and I would highly recommend HERO to all educators; it takes time and buy in but it will work. The key is to get more teachers to buy into the program.
Read james witcombe's full review
James Harris profile photo
October 16, 2018

User Review: "Tardy Elimination Hero"

• tracks positive student behavior site-wide. This is good because I think a lot of students feel they are ignored as teachers focus on the "problem kids". Hero makes it easy to acknowledge the students for doing what they are supposed to do on a daily basis.
  • tracks tardies sitewide. by pairing this with daily tardy sweeps it keeps kids from slipping through the cracks. Kids can't learn if they are not in class. This makes them acknowledge the impact/cost of being late to class.
  • by tracking all of this sitewide, admin is able to look for patterns and encourage more teachers to use a positive reward system. Also gives teachers access to a positive reward system without the cost and effort of maintaining a false economy (points, teacher "bucks" etc) and stocking rewards
  • prints a pass for tardy students so we know they have checked in. Downside, special printers and special paper required for them.
  • for me, it really comes down to making it easier to award points. On the desktop website for awarding Hero points, they need to streamline the process for awarding points. Currently, it requires one click too many in my opinion.
  • on the desktop website, more options for awarding points eg: 1. double points option. 2. on the class page make it possible to reselect the previous selection... like when you award a point to everyone present for being on time, make it possible to reselect that group. 3. A seating chart option would be super cool also.
  • on the mobile app, add the behavior tracking by class option from the desktop website. I know that would probably be a lot of pinching and scrolling and zooming for most but still be cool to have that option. My Galaxy Note would probably be big enough to make it worthwhile.
I work at a public high school that had a big tardy problem. Some said this would not work at our age group but we jumped in with both feet and have seen amazing and undeniable results that anyone could see who was on campus before implementation. This is good for organizations that want to acknowledge the ones who are doing what they are supposed to do while still taking care of the problems. Could possibly even be used for a business to enable managers to promote desirable behaviors such as early to work, good customer service, specific target behaviors ex "always ask if they want their receipt" etc.
Read James Harris's full review
Catherine Burke profile photo

"Hero Review!"

Hero is an amazing, positive reinforcement program used amongst educators within my working environment. Those of us who use Hero strive to foster a sense of responsibility and accountability within our students through the reinforcement of appropriate behaviors. Through Hero, tardiness and general off task behavior have continued to decrease alongside an increase in student morale and confidence.
  • Decreased tardiness
  • Increased student efficacy
  • Increased student engagement
  • Tracking multiple students
  • Interactive student-teacher dashboard
  • Rewards for students through the Hero app
Hero is well suited for school environments of all kinds, but particularly for those where tardiness and off task behaviors continue to negatively impact instruction.
Read Catherine Burke's full review
Katarina Juarez profile photo
August 20, 2018

User Review: "Hero ROCKS"

Hero is used by teachers and administrators to reinforce positive student behaviors. It is part of our system of Positive Behavior Intervention Strategies that we use to encourage students to improve their attendance, their class participation, and their kindness with other students.
  • Encourages students to be on time for class.
  • Encourages greater class participation.
  • Promotes student kindness.
  • I would love to see the option for students to see their progress toward earning certain prizes.
Hero is great for classroom use with students of all ages and skill levels.
Read Katarina Juarez's full review
Gabrielle Bishop profile photo

User Review: "HERO"

Hero is being used at my school as a positive behavior system. The entire school is implementing Hero, from the administrators down to the office clerks. The problems that it addresses are trying to change the behaviors of students who do not act favorably, and also tackle the attendance problems in the school.
  • Hero is a great way for students to earn points and be able to use the points for incentives.
  • One area for improvement with Hero, is finding an easier way for students to track their own points.
One particular scenario were Hero was well suited is targeting specific behaviors, for example, making sure the students wear their identification cards every day. If they do, they will get points. Not only is wearing the ID helpful, it also lets us identify anyone who does not belong on campus.
Read Gabrielle Bishop's full review
Janea Sierra profile photo
October 18, 2018

Hero Review: "A Worthy Investment, hands down."

Hero is used by my entire organization as a positive incentive for our students. Teachers create their own hero menu for their classrooms and can assign points to students for whatever they choose. The administration team can also assign points to students. It is an incentive to reward positive behavior and allows students to purchase stuff like school swag or entrances to a game. It is great for our students since we serve a low-income area and the students struggle to have money for entrance to gaming events or school merchandise.
  • It is very organized.
  • Easy to assign points.
  • Great reports to track usage.
  • None that I see.
  • NA
  • No concerns.
It can be used in a variety of settings, no reason for it not to be considered appropriate.
Read Janea Sierra's full review
Angela De La Barrera, MSW profile photo
October 16, 2018

User Review: "HERO-At Park"

Hero is being used school wide to improve attendance and behaviors. It has been a great incentive for students.
  • It has helped us reduce tardies and absences with students
  • It has helped spread kindness throughout our school
  • It has helped with parent/student involvement in meetings and events.
  • I wish I could give more than one point at a time
  • Sometimes the app doesn't load quickly
Hero is appropriate when used for attendance and extra help from students. It is less appropriate for the discipline.
Read Angela De La Barrera, MSW's full review
Jenny Cotton profile photo

User Review: "Be a Hero"

The Hero program is used by teachers to reinforce positive student behaviors and administrators use it for both positive [behavior] and tracking tardies. It is part of our system of Positive Behavior Intervention to encourage students to improve their on-time attendance to class, in-class participation, and their kindness with other students and staff.
  • One stop place to track data
  • School-wide participation
  • Ability to track several behaviors at once
  • Create a class
It rewards students that are doing the right thing just because.
Read Jenny Cotton's full review
Brooke Tobin profile photo

"Hero Review"

Hero is being used to track tardies and positive behavior. It is being used by the entire school. It addresses students being tardy to class.
  • Hero is being used to encourage students to get to class on time.
  • Hero tracks and organizes this behavior.
  • I don't know of any improvements that could be made.
The responsibility of tracking tardies is taken off of the teacher.
Read Brooke Tobin's full review
Greg Baker profile photo
September 07, 2018

User Review: "Hero will improve your school."

We use Hero to track student behavior in our middle school.
  • Recognize and reward positive behavior.
  • Communicate with parents.
  • Provide school-wide data.
  • More report options.
If you can afford it, Hero is a fantastic behavior management system for schools.
Read Greg Baker's full review
November 06, 2018

User Review: "HERO is my Hero!"

Right now, Hero should be used across the entire school campus by at least all of our classroom teachers. We're struggling this year because of a vast teacher shortage in Hawaiʻi but at our school as well, but it's still working much more smoothly than last year. :)
  • Allows ALL students to earn points at the push of a button.
  • Connects with infinite Campus so student schedules and info are always accurate on the Hero site.
  • Allows teachers to create their own groups for after school programs or even small groups in their classrooms.
  • Perhaps the redemption system could be easier. I'd like to click a student's name and type in how many points I'd like to subtract/redeem. That'd help the process along.
  • Also to allow track codes to track point amounts larger than 250. We have some things that are more expensive, so it's difficult to have to take multiple steps.
  • Maybe Hero could help with an inventory management system for stores?
Definitely would recommend Hero to any schools that do not have a PBIS system set up or that are looking to revamp their current program because Hero has taken us farther than our previous PBIS system.
October 30, 2018

User Review: "Hero K12 - User Friendly!"

• Behavior tracking.
  • Linking to eSchool Plus.
  • Detention management.
  • PBIS Community.
  • There aren't many areas where I would suggest improvement. They are responsive, helpful, have a great community help forum, and the interface is pretty user friendly.
  • Grouping students outside of how they're grouped in eSchool.
Hero is used school wide as a part of the PBIS programming. It allows us to track behaviors, tardies, detentions, and teacher comments all in one place. There is an option for printing passes for students with a separate machine that plugs into phones and computers and makes it all even more convenient. Positive points can be coded for different purposes including special codes for school wide initiatives.
October 17, 2018

User Review: "HERO"

At my middle school, we use HERO as a positive behavior tool. Students receive points for coming to class on time, showing character traits, doing what's right and being in uniform. It has increased positive behavior and reduced issues at school. Students can turn those points in and receive prizes.
  • Students receive points for being on time, therefore they are never late.
  • Students receive points for being in uniform, therfore we know who is a part of our campus.
  • Sometimes HERO does not update students who have left the school or who have entered. So teachers have to input manually. That can be improved.
HERO is well suited for students because it provides extrinsic motivation. It also helps adults because Homeroom HERO offers prizes as well.
September 07, 2018

Review: "Hero has been a game changer in my classroom behavior plan."

Hero is being used to support positive behavior initiatives as well as for compliance at our high school. It has addressed issues such as tardiness and school wide behavior expectations. Positive behaviors have made an increase and negative behaviors have decreased with data to support these claims. Hero makes it easy to track school-wide behavior.
  • Positive Behavior Support
  • Student Accountability
  • Compliance
  • I would like it if I could track individual teacher to student rewards.
  • Improved functionality with Chromebooks.
  • Improved app/apple product functions (able to give points like you can on a desktop).
It is well suited for rewarding all students on task and following school-wide and classroom rules and procedures.
Dwayne Sheppard profile photo
April 23, 2018

User Review: "Hero has potential!"

Hero is currently being used at our Middle School. I can only assume that a lot of the teachers are using it because students' points are increasing daily. Some of the participation data is shared with us by our school's vice principal who is the person responsible for implementing the program in our building.
  • Helps to reduce tardies and absences in classroom.
  • Helps to engage students in activities when points are involved.
  • Administrators and parents are able to access instant classroom data to check in on their child/student.
  • Teachers are only able to access behaviors for students. I wish there was a feature that would allow teachers to possibly track students assignments/work.
  • Teachers should be able to select how many points they would like to give a student, instead of just being able to give 1 point at time. The task of giving students multiple points can be very time consuming.
  • Sometimes the system seems to freeze. I don't know if that's due to the site itself or our building's internet speed.
I think the program has great potential. I think students would be even more involved if they were able to have a more interactive engagement with Hero directly. Most students don't know how many points they have, unless teachers provide it to them. If there was a way to provide students with instant points checking, tardies, or incentives, I think they would be more inclined to show interest in the program.
Read Dwayne Sheppard's full review
Brittany Brodo profile photo
April 23, 2018

User Review: "Hero within the school community"

HERO is a program used to help assist as a classroom management tool, to promote better behaviors within the classroom and school. The whole school is using this program to help battle tardies, cuts, discipline problems on a smaller scale, all while rewarding those who go above and beyond.
  • This program helps curtail negative behaviors found within the school and classroom.
  • This program allows teachers and administrators to try and curtail negative behaviors found within the classroom and the school.
  • HERO promotes positive reinforcement to students who are on task or going above and beyond.
  • This program is user friendly and aesthetically pleasing.
Hero is perfect for the classroom or school that may have some behavioral issues. It helps keep students and teachers accountable for what is going on.
Read Brittany Brodo's full review
Valerie Tapia profile photo
May 03, 2018

"Hero Review"

Hero has been great at changing our school culture and providing positive feedback to our students. This has given them motivation to continue to do well for positive praise.
  • Tracking
  • Simple website
  • Glitches
  • More options for bulk entering
It is great for schools of all grade levels.
Read Valerie Tapia's full review
Marlowe Croskrey profile photo
April 20, 2018

User Review: "Hero"

We use Hero to keep track of student tardies, and both positive and negative behaviors. Hero will assign students' detention based on the number of tardies and the number of times students don't bring their IDs.
  • tracks student tardies
  • auto assigns detention
  • offers incentive opportunities
  • incentives for parents to use it
Hero is great for keeping records of student behavior and attendance.
Read Marlowe Croskrey's full review
Nicole DeGraaf profile photo
April 18, 2018

Hero Review: "Very Nice!"

We use Hero throughout our whole school district. We use it to track tardy students, as well as assign consequences from those tardies.
  • Hero tracks each student individually.
  • All teachers in the building have access to Hero
  • Each action has a consequence printed right on their pass.
  • Hero seems to crash or freeze up quite frequently.
  • I would like to be able to have more than one list for students. We have special education students who are on a different tardy plan and we have to change each student individually as it comes up since there is only one list.
Hero is great to track tardies and positive behavior in a large school or somewhere that has chronic tardies in the building. A smaller school that doesn't have these issues might not want to use Hero.
Read Nicole DeGraaf's full review
Rita Vander Stad profile photo

User Review: "Hero"

It is being used in the classroom for teachers to give them an initiative to do better in school. When they are doing well they receive positive points. When they cut class, don't wear school uniform, show up tardy, or don't wear their ID then they can receive negative points. This gives them the incentive to do better. Attached to the points are prices such as dress down days.
  • Classroom Management
  • Behavior Management
  • Incentive
  • Doesn't always work well with Power Teacher
It helps motivate the students to do better.
Read Rita Vander Stad's full review
Scott Ryan profile photo
April 17, 2018

User Review: "Helpful HERO"

We utilize HERO across the school for tracking target behaviors and rewarding students.
  • Tracks behavior easily.
  • Allows rewards as well as consequences.
  • Focuses on positives.
  • Reports can use more modification.
  • Needs to communicate two ways with other software.
  • Individual user reports need to be more user friendly.
I use HERO daily for recording student consequences for behaviors that typically used to cost me class time.
Read Scott Ryan's full review
April 17, 2018

User Review: "Hero in Behavior Management"

Our entire school has adopted Hero to standardize behavior tracking and consequences. It helps us track and combat bad behaviors while rewarding good behaviors without needing to track large amounts of data.
  • Inputting "scans"/ recording behavior data is fast and easy. Recently added comment feature to explain scans is particularly useful
  • Good searching tools for looking at data by hand
  • Good report creation tools for analyzing large amounts of data
  • As a teacher I wish that I had more control over which scans are available for use
  • Occasional technical difficulties including glitches in the database
  • Challenging to get all the student data into the system initially at the start of each year
In a school that wants to track and provide consequences for behavior, it is great. Just make sure someone has enough time to maintain the system and ensure follow through on consequences.

About Hero

Hero is student behavior management software for K-12 schools and districts. Hero's goal is to enable consistent redirection of negative behavior, reinforcement of positive behavior and communication between educators, students, parents, and administrators across classrooms school and district-wide. Features include positive behavior tracking tools, referral and tardy management, school event management, behavior analytics data, etc.

Hero Technical Details