Jamf Now

MDM Done Right!

June 22, 2018

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Jamf Now, and make your voice heard!

What is Jamf Now?

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.jamf.com/pricing

What is Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Microsoft Intune + SCCM)?

Microsoft Endpoint Manager, combining the capabilities of the former Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, SCCM or ConfigMgr with the mobile device management application Microsoft Intune, is presented as a unified endpoint management option. The former Microsoft Intune is an endpoint…

What is Fleetsmith?

Fleetsmith is a security-focused, automated, cloud management solution for Apple devices. The vendor says they put tedious device deployment, security, and compliance workloads on autopilot, so IT teams can focus on more impactful and rewarding work. Users can manage an entire fleet in minutes,…

What is Jamf Now?

Jamf Now, formerly Bushel, is a cloud-based Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution for iPads, iPhones, and Macs in the workplace. According to the vendor, Jamf Now makes device management accessible and affordable for everyone, so businesses can support their users without help from IT.

Jamf Now helps configure settings on all Apple devices quickly and consistently over the air and allows users to manage their devices by centrally deploying apps anytime from anywhere. Jamf Now can be used to ensure the sensitive company information their employees access on their Apple devices remains secure. Companies can enforce passcodes and encryption over the air. They can also remotely lock or wipe a device.

The vendor’s value proposition is that Jamf Now makes it easy to set up, manage and secure Apple devices anytime from anywhere.

Jamf Now Features

• Supported: Inventory Management

Jamf Now Screenshots

DevicesAppsBlueprints

Jamf Now Video

Hear how Jamf impacts the people who rely on its products everyday.

Jamf Now Downloadables

Jamf Now Integrations

• Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
  • Apple Volume Purchase Program (VPP)

Jamf Now Competitors

Jamf Now Technical Details

Supported LanguagesEnglish, German, French, Chinese, Japanese

Compare with

Steven Nielsen | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used at this time in one department. I use it to push bulk purchased apps to all the iPads used by our foremen. They are able to fill out fillable PDF forms from their iPads and save or email them while in the field. Additionally, when someone forgets their password, I am able to remotely reset it from my iPad, Android phone or my laptop. Resetting passwords led me to Jamf as when you forget your password with Apple you will most likely have to wipe the devices and risk losing information.
  • Resetting passwords remotely..
  • Locking or wiping a device.
  • Pushing new apps out to all or one iPad.
  • Controlling what apps are installed on the iPads.
  • I wish that Jamf would also handle Android Devices.
No body is perfect and occasionally, but rare, it take a little bit to get a reply on the chat, but overall as compared to other chat sessions it is pretty responsive and fairly quick. They allow you to upload a screen shot if that helps and to reply with solutions via email so I have it as a reference in writing for future problems.
Logan Wiser | TrustRadius Reviewer
Used this to manage Apple devices at a small company for a few years. Set requirements for passwords, locked devices, pushed, applications, and checked software versions of dozens of Apple devices. Used by only IT and the admin staff of the entire company. Made inventory and updates much easier. Would recommend again.
  • Ease of use.
  • Good support.
  • Very informative and helpful.
  • More features.
Anywhere with under 100 Apple devices, I would recommend this service. It was always so simple to add a device you recently purchased to your inventory and be able to check in on it anytime. If they had more than 100, I would recommend Jamf Pro, the enterprise version of this software.
They were always quick to respond to me and kept me in the loop, even for problems I wasn't experiencing at the time.
Ricky Jordan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Jamf now is being used by our organization to manage our company iPads and iPhones. We have a total of 24 devices at this moment that we manage with Jamf Now. It's being used across our organization, and I'm the sole admin of all of these devices. Jamf Now allows me to monitor and manage all of these devices on-site or off-site, and is a great value for its cost/ROI. Without Jamf Now, I would have to manage, monitor, and update all of these devices remotely.
  • I can push enterprise/company purchased apps to our employees out in the field without ever touching the iPad.
  • I can set restrictions on company devices.
  • I can view device health in real time.
  • I can lock or wipe a device remotely.
  • I would like to see some more advanced functions for the iOS supervised mode. Maybe pushing iOS updates? Right now we can only see if it requires an update, but can't schedule an update time, etc.
  • I would like to see Jamf Now work with Apple to allow apps with in-app purchases that can be used with Jamf Now. Right now some apps don't have two versions available in the app store (a full version, and a free version with in-app purchases), so the single version free app with in-app purchases can't be used across our enterprise environment. :(
  • They could do with a better lost device activation lock. Currently, you can only lock a device from being erased and re-setup if you associate an icloud account with it and turn it on to find the lost device.
Jamf Now works great for small to medium-sized business iOS device environments. You have about 80% of the control of the devices that you need. Unfortunately, MDM on mobile devices still has some more maturing to go, as there are some things that aren't possible with any MDM, not just Jamf now. But overall you can get 10x your ROI by using JAMF Now to manage your company iOS Devices.
Jamf Now, for Macs that are bound to a directory service, does not work. This was a major disappointment to us. They recommend Jamf Pro, which doesn't seem like a good solution when the pricing is higher and requires more devices to be paid for. I don't think this is a good business decision on Jamf's part just to get functionality for Directory Bound devices...
June 22, 2018

MDM Done Right!

Jamf Now makes deploying and managing our mobile devices painless. Their simple to use web console allows for different tiers of deployment, enabling us to set different policies between execs and entry-level staff. On-boarding and training efficiency has dramatically increased as end-users receive an already configured mobile device with company e-mail, apps, security - a real time saver! Inventory tracking, warranty information, OS version, the list continues as the platform evolves. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to manage this many mobile devices w/out Jamf Now.
  • Centralized inventory tracking.
  • The ability to push apps to devices.
  • Enhanced security by way of specific policies.
  • The ability to deploy to Mac desktops/laptops.
  • The ability to push iOS updates remotely.
  • The ability to restrict iOS updates remotely.
  • Remote support for the iOS device via Jamf Now.
If you have mobile devices in your workforce, and you are not using an MDM - Jamf Now is the perfect solution! It's affordable, easy to use - almost effortless! I can't think of any industry/field/scenario where an MDM like Jamf Now wouldn't be suitable. Who wouldn't want a central management solution to assist with deployment/troubleshooting/enhancing security/and many more?!