Reviews (1-3 of 3)
February 21, 2019
Score 7 out of 10
Monitis is a feature-rich clientless dashboard that we use to monitor the uptime of several hundred endpoints. Using Monitis, we are able to monitor the up/down status of internet connections and receive alerts within one minute of an outage. Additionally, we use it for HTTP monitoring that allows us to keep an eye on a multitude of websites to verify they are alive. All of this allows us to present our clients with uptime data and facilitates our team in being able to quickly identify and react to outages of various services.
- Single location for monitoring of ICMP, HTTP, SIP, as well as other services.
- Easily and rapidly supplies reports on a variety of metrics for monitored services.
- Customization of monitor groups. This allows an easy view into groups of services or clients to help analyze trends in data.
- There is room for improvement in how alerting to email addresses is handled. All email addresses that are set up to be able to receive alerts are added to the default alert group. You cannot remove them from this group. This means that mistakes are more likely to happen with incorrect recipients getting alerted to outages that won't affect them.
- The tool could use some additional optimization. If a view with dozens of monitors is loaded, the page becomes very sluggish and occasionally non-responsive.
- Bulk creation of alerts is passable but could use some improvements. The ability to upload a CSV for creation would be a huge boon.
Read Bryant Lee's full review
Monitis does extremely well at monitoring external connections in a simple and intuitive way. However, it doesn't provide deeper insights into why those services may have gone offline. There isn't an integrated trace route or net path type capability for individual uptime monitors. Great for alerting, not so much for investigation. It is a fantastic tool for alerting you to outages.
November 16, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
This application is being used by the company in general since this monitoring application consolidates many of our needs. Meanwhile the variations of the bandwidth and the different SNMP devices, as well as the verification of the firewalls and the systems, are being incorporated. We have a lot of telephony and servers that the company maintains in its different headquarters. The different network solutions and constant monitoring that Monitis provides for IT is fundamental.
- Monitis is very strong in networks
- Monitis is valuable in all the monitoring procedures relating to telephony and general control of lines.
- The administration of networks in the servers allows an adequate and centralized control.
- Not too thrilled with the interface, it's a bit janky, but it does what it needs to do so I'm happy
- Could really use a UI/UX redesign, it's not easy to find anything in here unless you already know where it is.
Read Jose Raul Faria's full review
I've been testing it for a couple years, before they started charging for accounts, and it's always been very reliable. Also I like that you can select the monitor locations (which countries) and setup timeframes for each site individually. Love that you can tailor your own plan too! I can always count on a reliable report. Keeping track of my clients' websites' uptime and getting a report immediately is crucial to my business.
We use Monitis together with other active monitoring tools for proactive downtime alerting in the development team. Monitis has never let us down. It is a very good product.
Read Tomasz Sikora's full review
Monitis is great as a active monitoring facility. It offers APM features too, but we have not used those since other APM tools do that better.
Monitis Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Categories: System Monitoring
Monitis maximizes the end-user experience by the combination of Website uptime monitoring, Full page load and Transaction monitoring, Web load testing.We provide agent based and agentless monitoring for a wide range of network devices, including switches, phone systems, Windows, and Linux servers.Monitis enables you to track the performance of your websites and the whole underlying infrastructure - servers, networks, applications and user experience in a single dashboard.Monitor your cloud infrastructure with Monitis and make your life easy!
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
Monitis Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
Monitis Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Supported Languages:||English, German, Portuguese|