https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/uO/kV/4MCJWR11GFI1.JPEGNotevault is helping our Mechanical company save on overhead costs and lost time for project documentationNotevault is currently being used in our company by field and supervision, as well as on a project management basis. We are using it daily in the field for reports and job progress pictures, tracking labor hours and materials, as well as addressing safety, material or job issues as they arise. It has greatly increased the quality and accountability of daily reports and job status, as well as being 'proof' of progress and work completed to the general contractors and owners we do projects for.,Notevault is fantastic at being able to access status and overview of projects and reports for the whole project, to keep tabs on production and where we are at in the sequence and how it's being effected by other trades. This has been a huge time saver when any job issues have come up. Since the field lead has to document and photograph job status daily, and since it GPS locates where the report is being done, it's been great for holding workers accountable for their hours and production, without requiring constant supervision. It's also been fantastic for proving quality and condition of our work. My workers notate and photograph project status and condition daily, so if there's any question of damage by other trades, sabotage by other trades, or other issues, we have plenty of ammunition. Note vault is also great because of how it allows us to save PDF Versions of the daily reports to send to interested parties or customers to show status and conditions. Hard to argue with pictures that are time/date stamped.,The labor interface has a bit of a learning curve. It does take some training for both apps but generally the guys can get a handle on it. Adding pictures can be a bit clunky at first, but the guys seem to work it out fast. Like anything, the guys with aptitude for electronics grab it faster than the older guys who are used to old school methods I'd prefer the apps combined into one function.,10,Great return on investment simply because field leads are no longer spending an hour at the end of each day in the truck trying to remember what they did all day, and handwrite a daily report that details it. Information is more accurate and faster since they daily report 'as it happens'. Integration of the pictures into the final report as archival and real world examples make it far easier to justify billing and site conditions Being able to email reports direct to the customer without having to prepare or translate has save countless hours of office overhead and made the entire process much more efficient.,,QuickBooks Pro,6,1,Documenting job status and project quality. We document during the installs and at the end for proof of completion and quality, and any issues can be caught in house before punch list as long as the field is documenting correctly. Proof to owners when disagreement arises. IE: completed install, function, etc. Archive and time saving not having to hand prepare documentation.,10NoteVault Works For UsWe use Notevault to do our daily reporting on every construction site, that we are on. It allows our foreman an easy way to do their daily reporting very accurately, and instantly. We had trouble having guys try to remember what they needed to report, by the end of the day. This allows them to do it, right as the problems have occurred. With this, there is no lag time, where their details of the event may have become "diluted".,As a delay has occurred in the field, the foremen are able to report it immediately. The project manager now gets this information as it happened, not just trying to remember the next time they talk or see each other. As an RFI arises, the foremen can ask their questions immediately so that the PM can address it right away. We input our manpower on a daily basis, which helps us project where we are as it pertains to hours on a job.,The app could be a little more similar to the desktop version. There are a lot of features on the desktop version that aren't available in the app. This does keep the app a little manageable, but being able to work with manpower on the app, could be useful. Needs an app for the iPad. The phone version on the tablet works but could be updated so that more features are available using the app. Kind of a mix between what's available on the phone and desktop.,10,The cost is very reasonable, considering it actually saves our foremen time, in lieu of sitting and writing for an hour. This allows him to concentrate on what he really needs to be doing, which is, running the work.,,PlanGridNotevault reviewI use Notevault for daily reporting when I am out on highway repair projects. Having time-stamped photos and the transcribed text available allows me to do a more thorough and accurate job of reporting.,Enhances safety; instead of writing notes, with my head down buried in a notebook, I am aware and looking around. I work on highway repair projects next to live traffic and all types of construction equipment moving in all directions and overhead. Documentation; I got in a dispute with a contractor recently and won it immediately by showing my Notevault notes with time stamped photos of the disputed work. Communication; I can keep other support staff back in the home office up to date with project developments and they get to see what is going on .,Difficult to bring back reports from the archives. I don't archive any more; I just sequentially date my projects and keep them all live. Notevault is set up for normal work shifts. But I mostly work night shifts from about 10 pm to 6 am. You then have to sort and filter the notes from two separate "days" in the system to get a coherent report from a single night shift. I live with it, but I don't like it.,9,Settling one dispute with a contractor paid for the year's subscription. I find that I frequently go back and pull out photos for various purposes, but it's hard to put a value on that,NoteVault - Tried and True!Hi! We use Notevault for our Commercial Plumbing Contracting Company and have been using it for many years throughout our entire organization. We have had software come and go but Notevault has always stayed with us due to its great use to us. I am able to enter every project we work on into Notevault and the foremen out in the field can enter their notes for the day on the project they are currently working on and it gets delivered to our project manager as well as the project manager to any contractors we are working under. It's really handy especially since we always have several projects we are working on at any given time.,Notevault is super easy to use and I am able to enter every aspect of each project that is needed into my list of active projects. NoteVault lets us stay on job sites and still get our construction reports done by dictating notes throughout the day. Notevault makes it easy to automatically send the reports at the end of the day to everyone who needs and requests them.,If we could export labor info over several weeks into excel, Notevault would be even more exceptional.,10,It has made it easy for our guys out in the filed to report all that is needed for daily reports so there is no scrabbling to remember and report at a later time. NoteVault has had no negative impact for us at all.,NoneNoteVault Creates ConsistencyOur organization uses NoteVault by our superintendents on the jobsites. We upload progress photos of the construction process and what was accomplished that day. We also report any problems or issues for the day. In addition, we keep track of the subcontractors onsite by recording who was onsite for the day.,It is very easy for anyone to use with a smart phone. You can upload photos and voice messages every day without having to do anything special. It automatically updates every day. NoteVault transcribes and uploads the photos directly into our software program.,The website for administrators setting up projects and users could be improved. It's hard to find where things are located. I would like it in more of a Office (Word) template, with tabs up top. Some things are in Settings, some are in tabs, some are on the right side.,8,It has increased our daily reports dramatically. It has provided a consistent account of jobsite activities. Its ease of use has prompted our superintendents to use it throughout the day.,Box, CMiC Project Management
NoteVault

NoteVault Reviews

NoteVault
Top Rated Award
Filter 15 vetted NoteVault reviews and ratings
Mike Petrich profile photo
January 24, 2017

Review: "Notevault is helping our Mechanical company save on overhead costs and lost time for project documentation"

• Notevault is fantastic at being able to access status and overview of projects and reports for the whole project, to keep tabs on production and where we are at in the sequence and how it's being effected by other trades. This has been a huge time saver when any job issues have come up.
  • Since the field lead has to document and photograph job status daily, and since it GPS locates where the report is being done, it's been great for holding workers accountable for their hours and production, without requiring constant supervision.
  • It's also been fantastic for proving quality and condition of our work. My workers notate and photograph project status and condition daily, so if there's any question of damage by other trades, sabotage by other trades, or other issues, we have plenty of ammunition.
  • Note vault is also great because of how it allows us to save PDF Versions of the daily reports to send to interested parties or customers to show status and conditions. Hard to argue with pictures that are time/date stamped.
  • The labor interface has a bit of a learning curve. It does take some training for both apps but generally the guys can get a handle on it.
  • Adding pictures can be a bit clunky at first, but the guys seem to work it out fast. Like anything, the guys with aptitude for electronics grab it faster than the older guys who are used to old school methods
  • I'd prefer the apps combined into one function.
It's is absolutely well suited for all daily reporting/documentation needs, also since it essentially 'self archives' you can revisit past projects by logging into the admin panel faster than going to my own archived job files. It saved our skin by documenting where a bad GC Superintendent had been giving false information to the office, and we were able to prove our conditions/progress and alleviate the issue.
It's very well suited for large projects, and ongoing projects. A bit less suited for small fast service type projects. We keep one 'service' job open to document the fast turn over stuff to alleviate that issue.
Read Mike Petrich's full review
Glen Nelson profile photo
February 02, 2017

User Review: "NoteVault Works For Us"

• As a delay has occurred in the field, the foremen are able to report it immediately. The project manager now gets this information as it happened, not just trying to remember the next time they talk or see each other.
  • As an RFI arises, the foremen can ask their questions immediately so that the PM can address it right away.
  • We input our manpower on a daily basis, which helps us project where we are as it pertains to hours on a job.
  • The app could be a little more similar to the desktop version. There are a lot of features on the desktop version that aren't available in the app. This does keep the app a little manageable, but being able to work with manpower on the app, could be useful.
  • Needs an app for the iPad. The phone version on the tablet works but could be updated so that more features are available using the app. Kind of a mix between what's available on the phone and desktop.
Our primary use is to document delays. It does an amazing job of keeping a record of the delays that we note. It has proven very handy to show general contractors where we are being held up before it becomes a nasty argument. And frankly, it shows, that we have our "stuff" together.
Read Glen Nelson's full review
Michael Quaid profile photo
January 25, 2017

"Notevault review"

• Enhances safety; instead of writing notes, with my head down buried in a notebook, I am aware and looking around. I work on highway repair projects next to live traffic and all types of construction equipment moving in all directions and overhead.
  • Documentation; I got in a dispute with a contractor recently and won it immediately by showing my Notevault notes with time stamped photos of the disputed work.
  • Communication; I can keep other support staff back in the home office up to date with project developments and they get to see what is going on .
  • Difficult to bring back reports from the archives. I don't archive any more; I just sequentially date my projects and keep them all live.
  • Notevault is set up for normal work shifts. But I mostly work night shifts from about 10 pm to 6 am. You then have to sort and filter the notes from two separate "days" in the system to get a coherent report from a single night shift. I live with it, but I don't like it.
On every construction job I have ever been on, somebody has to write a daily report. This is a fantastic tool for that person, whether foreman, superintendent, project manager, or whomever.
Read Michael Quaid's full review
Karen Hughes profile photo
January 24, 2017

User Review: "NoteVault - Tried and True!"

• Notevault is super easy to use and I am able to enter every aspect of each project that is needed into my list of active projects.
  • NoteVault lets us stay on job sites and still get our construction reports done by dictating notes throughout the day.
  • Notevault makes it easy to automatically send the reports at the end of the day to everyone who needs and requests them.
  • If we could export labor info over several weeks into excel, Notevault would be even more exceptional.
NoteVault enables mobile workers in all types of construction industries to document and share everything. The foremen out in the field are able to quickly and easily report project activity from the field using nothing but their voice and mobile phone. Audio notes transcribed by construction professionals ensure immediate notification of issues, with accurate, professional reports delivered daily. NoteVault saves firms time and money.

I don't think Notevault would be very appropriate for retail or manufacturing industries.
Read Karen Hughes's full review
Cheryll Blount profile photo
January 24, 2017

User Review: "NoteVault Creates Consistency"

• It is very easy for anyone to use with a smart phone.
  • You can upload photos and voice messages every day without having to do anything special. It automatically updates every day.
  • NoteVault transcribes and uploads the photos directly into our software program.
  • The website for administrators setting up projects and users could be improved. It's hard to find where things are located. I would like it in more of a Office (Word) template, with tabs up top. Some things are in Settings, some are in tabs, some are on the right side.
NoteVault is great for the busy superintendent that doesn't have time to fill out daily reports. He can voice record his observations, take pictures and NoteVault uploads it directly to your software program every day. It works with a variety of software programs. You can also use it for uploading safety information for the day.
Read Cheryll Blount's full review
Derek Boatwright profile photo
January 24, 2017

Review: "NoteVault uses simplicity but does not lack features!"

NoteVault is being used company wide by all the Project Superintendents on each job site.
  • I love the fact that you can use NoteVault across multiple devices. You can start something on your tablet and complete it on your laptop or desktop computer.
  • I love the ability to add photos directly to your notes.
  • The ability to use speech to text capabilities to take notes in the field is a very nice feature.
  • The only thing that I have any issues with is entering manpower. It does not have the ability to break down how many hours each person on site has worked. For example...if you have a company with 8 employees on site and 4 of those guys worked for 8 hours and the other 4 only worked for 6 there is no ability to separate the two at this time. I understand that they are working on changing that though.
NoteVault is perfect for remote location projects involved in the construction industry. It makes perfect sense to use it in that field.
Read Derek Boatwright's full review
Maggie Turco profile photo
January 24, 2017

NoteVault Review: "Daily report production with ease"

Our field Foremen currently use NoteVault on all projects. It currently addresses the problems of Foremen not turning in their daily reports. NoteVault allows them to record by voice or by typing their notes throughout the day. It also allows them to take pictures and record their daily activities
  • They allow recordings of notes and pictures which are important on daily reports
  • The reports look professional and easy to read
  • They email the notes everyday to those that need to have them.
  • They have different apps for notes and another app for keeping track of employees. I think by combining the functions it would make it easier to use
This is best suited on larger projects where you will be at for weeks or months vs. service projects where you are only on site for days. This requires prior set up and it will be vary difficult to keep up and time consuming if you are setting it up everyday.
Read Maggie Turco's full review
Aaron Jewell profile photo
January 24, 2017

User Review: "NoteVault is perfect for the field"

Our organization uses NoteVault as a daily report tool across all projects. The filed superintendents are able to load instant information and not have to wait until days end to try and remember what took place for the day. The ability to load photos, drawings, etc. and make notes allows for communication with other team members and ease of use for PM's to extract and forward to Architects or Designers.
  • Add photos
  • Tracks manpower
  • Usage of tasks completed
  • Does not track weather as accurately as it could
  • Doubles up notes and duplicates to make a daily report confusing
  • Could improve on training for how to properly fill out the report
Great for construction projects where a PM can access instant updates on a project without having to be on the jobsite. A positive overview to recap a day and track issues or concerns to follow up on. The ability to load photos to reflect detailed items that need attention or show completion.
Read Aaron Jewell's full review
Will Kosnik profile photo
January 24, 2017

User Review: "NoteVault Just Works"

NoteVault is used in both our Florida and Michigan operations (mainly in Florida). Our superintendents and other laborers in the field use NoteVault on either their iPhones or iPads, along with using it on their computer. This allows for users to put together a very easy to look at daily report. It allows them to take pictures and make notes on the fly. The transcribing feature is fantastic because it allows the user to speak what they want to write, and it auto generate into the report. And there is also Spanish to English transcribing.
  • The transcribing is fantastic. Allows users to be safer out in the field. Also allows for employees that are more comfortable speaking Spanish, speak in their language, and have it transcribed in English.
  • The apps work really well, especially the NoteVault Notes! app.
  • NoteVault also auto detects weather at the job site 3 times a day.
  • It will also geo-locate the user. This way it can almost prove someone was on site (or off site).
  • Sometimes the autoweather misses a log time. There were more issues with it about 3 months ago. Right now, it seems to be working well.
Anywhere daily reports would be needed, this would be great. The best feature is the smartphone apps, because it allows you to load pictures right from your phone. Rather than emailing them to your self and having to embed the images in a word document, or something similar, you can make your entire report from your phone. I honestly think this is made for construction companies, or any other companies that work on projects. Smaller companies may enjoy it, but it might not be needed by them. But I think everyone could find use of this program
Read Will Kosnik's full review
Jason Burdette profile photo
January 25, 2017

User Review: "NoteVault"

NoteVault is used by my company to keep track of on site issues and completion of projects. Really helpful tool for record keeping of site issues and progress. Simple to use and very user friendly. Would definitely recommend this product to construction companies.
  • Record keeping
  • Issue notifications
  • Progress record
  • Make an app available for iPad
Well suited for record keeping to monitor progress
Read Jason Burdette's full review
Colleen Prawdzik profile photo
January 24, 2017

User Review: "PMs need NoteVault"

We currently use NoteVault in our operations and field departments as a means to track labour and keep on top of our projects
  • Easy Interface on the App
  • Customer Service is great
  • Not alot of bugs within the App
  • App use on Android platform on not great
Any Project Manager looking to keep up with multiple projects at a time needs NoteVault.
Read Colleen Prawdzik's full review
January 24, 2017

NoteVault Review: "Great program"

Our company uses NoteVault daily. We record all activities from daily meetings, issues, change orders, manpower, safety, rental equipment. The reports are reviewed, approved and then sent to our clients as daily reports. NoteVault has helped us successfully resolve disputes / extras with our client and sub contractors. I would recommend NoteVault to everyone in the construction industry. You can set up your specific categories to what is important to your industry.
  • All voice recordings are translated accurately
  • Reports are sent to us daily at time we specify
  • NoteVault works very close with us to be sure all are needs are identified
  • Would like to find an easier way to download pictures. It works very well but I have had some issues
NoteVault is well suited for our business in construction. We work on sites with many contractors. It is valuable for our site foreman to make notes on all aspect of the daily duties quickly.
January 24, 2017

"NoteVault Review for Construction Daily Reports"

We are using NoteVault to manage daily reviews at our job site.
  • It takes details logs daily
  • The user interface is simple to use
  • It allows pictures and videos to be taken
  • Notes can be taken through typing or voice recording
  • NoteVault reports are emailed out. It would be nice to have them automatically saved to the office drive.
NoteVault allows users to take daily reports of the construction site easily. It may not be as effective where certain info is needed that is shown on a report template, ie, weather, manpower counts, safety.

About NoteVault

NoteVault is a cloud and mobile tool for daily construction site reporting. It allows field staff to record audio updates and take site photos on their mobile devices, which are then turned into daily reports for office staff and other stakeholders. NoteVault uses human transcription services to convert audio recordings to text, and sends notifications to stakeholders based on identified keywords in the updates. The AlertMe! functionality enables group calling in case of site hazards or incidents. NoteVault Activities allows users to track Labor, Materials, and Equipment for projects.